Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Shocking, truly absent at the back blunt up front. Our poor form continues

Perch is not a central defender! we knew we badly needed one in the summer, didn't spend the money, now we pay for it. Raging at this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Players fighting with each other now. Marvellous. :rolleyes:

This is frustrating as hell.

Get in Demba you fúcking beauty.

Handball....

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

The hand of allah. Excellent. :)

Jesus christ, get it forward quicker FFS

Off the bar. My heart. :eek::eek::eek:

We look disinterested. Pretty much every 50:50 is being won by reading. Sometimes uncontested

A lucky lucky draw if we get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Seriously riding our luck here.

Deserved nothing really. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Well, my prediction wasn't too far off.

Pathetic performance again.

Also, Gutierrez needs to be dropped.

Offering absolutely nothing atm and Pards gives him the armband.

That was absolutely pathetic. Another huge struggle of a game. We cant seem to get going at all this season. Or big players and poor refereeing decisions are getting us out of jail all season. I have been waiting for this to happen TBH.

Its been an extremely worrying start to the season for us. Bar 20 mins against Everton we have been second best in every game we have played. Similar pattern to today's' game. No commitment up front, not nearly enough closing down, players not contesting 50:50's. Attacking players in acres of space.

We are also beginning to feel the pinch of lack of investment over the summer. Full backs and center backs were called out as requiring cover last season by the club. There has been no strengthening of those crucial areas. That has cost us two goals today. Perch was horrific for both, Tavernier extremely poor for the first.

Yes we have had injuries to deal with but the apparent lack of motivation is hard to hide. Simple closing down completely blunts us.

A tumble down the table is a realistic potability considering our next few fixtures. The thought of that back four facing Rooney and RvP next week scares me.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

M5 wrote: »
    That was absolutely pathetic. Another huge struggle of a game. We cant seem to get going at all this season. Or big players and poor refereeing decisions are getting us out of jail all season. I have been waiting for this to happen TBH.

Its been an extremely worrying start to the season for us. Bar 20 mins against Everton we have been second best in every game we have played. Similar pattern to today's' game. No commitment up front, not nearly enough closing down, players not contesting 50:50's. Attacking players in acres of space.

We are also beginning to feel the pinch of lack of investment over the summer. Full backs and center backs were called out as requiring cover last season by the club. There has been no strengthening of those crucial areas. That has cost us two goals today. Perch was horrific for both, Tavernier extremely poor for the first.

Yes we have had injuries to deal with but the apparent lack of motivation is hard to hide. Simple closing down completely blunts us.

A tumble down the table is a realistic potability considering our next few fixtures. The thought of that back four facing Rooney and RvP next week scares me.

Completely agree with you, but I'm trying to look on the positive side.

We're sitting joint 7th with Arsenal and things can only get better!

Well, the performances can't get much worse anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Bar the aforementioned - thought Tavernier had another very good game, and Perch was pretty reliable.

Coming up against van Persie or Rooney doesn't scare me at all.

We were without Cabaye, Coloccini, Sims today.
    Cabaye would have controlled midfield a tad better IMO, but Bigi did a decent job. Tioté didn't feature much in my eyes (could be a good thing).

Perhaps we are beginning to realise that Danny Simpson is actually a very important first teamer up the right hand side.

Still think we need to revert to our old formation..

Ba's goals, Tav's performance, and Fergie's assist big positives from today.

HTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You lot really do get an absolutely disgusting amount of decisions in your favour :mad: :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    You lot really do get an absolutely disgusting amount of decisions in your favour :mad: :pac:

I'm glad you labelled them decisions.

Sick of hearing this supposed 'luck' we are getting - there's no such thing as luck.

Everything will even itself over the course of the season, you can be sure of that.

• Advertisement

I'd definitely be of the view that we have got the rub of the green more often than not over the last 18 months.

But considering the 10 previous years of rotten luck the begrudgers can do one!

:D

Doocey wrote: »
    Bar the aforementioned - thought Tavernier had another very good game, and Perch was pretty reliable.

Coming up against van Persie or Rooney doesn't scare me at all.

We were without Cabaye, Coloccini, Sims today.
    Cabaye would have controlled midfield a tad better IMO, but Bigi did a decent job. Tioté didn't feature much in my eyes (could be a good thing).

Perhaps we are beginning to realise that Danny Simpson is actually a very important first teamer up the right hand side.

Still think we need to revert to our old formation..

Ba's goals, Tav's performance, and Fergie's assist big positives from today.

HTL.

Perch was at fault for both goals, nowhere near the play. Tav was caught out for the first too????

They might be out for the man u game along with Taylor

New shirt and perhaps stadium sponsor from next season. NUFC did not take up the option to extend with Virgin money. Word is its not going to be SD

Doocey, I admire your positivity but regarding Tavernier... He was absolute dirt. Was beaten all ends up too many times. Would be worried if we're starting with him on Sunday.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Doocey, I admire your positivity but regarding Tavernier... He was absolute dirt. Was beaten all ends up too many times. Would be worried if we're starting with him on Sunday.

I thought he played quite well - especially away at United the last night.
    You have to think that he's playing because Pardew knows he's good enough, and that's most certainly good enough for me.

No doubt we have to strengthen, and we didn't do so appropriately in the summer but there's a lot of people overreacting about our start.
    Rhythm will come in time.

You've also got to admire th spirit of the lads - how many goals in the last 10 minutes has Demba Ba got this season? Spurs, Everton, & now Reading.
    We just need to score a few earlier on and make it easier for ourselves :pac:

Live on ESPN tonight. They beat Club Brugge by 4 in their first group game.

Hopefully we play a couple of the big guns, we will certainly need them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

With Man U on Sunday, I don't see him risking any big names personally.

TaosHum wrote: »
    With Man U on Sunday, I don't see him risking any big names personally.

I think he might mix it up a little with the quality of the opposition.

Maybe Yohan and Papiss to start. We'll have to wait and see.

Live on ESPN tonight. They beat Club Brugge by 4 in their first group game.

Don't think Irish viewrs have access to this.

Don't think Irish viewrs have access to this.

If you have a Sky Sports subscription you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Unfortunately while I have the station, the match is not available to roi viewers for some reason! Was the same for the maritimo game! Bummer!!

• Advertisement

Salmon wrote: »
    Unfortunately while I have the station, the match is not available to roi viewers for some reason! Was the same for the maritimo game! Bummer!!

Really? I use Sky Go with a registered ROI Sky account and it worked fine for that game.

That's really strange.

Ah, it seems Setanta block Irish viewers from watching it on ESPN when they are showing it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

So what Setanta is showing this?

Raoul wrote: »
    So what Setanta is showing this?

yup, its on Setanta Ireland

Christ, their first cross and there are three bordeaux players unmarked in the 6 yard box. Porous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm using sky go to watch it on ESPN. One nil to us

Cabaye, Obertan, Shola.

Awwww yeah.

Nice work from obertan for the goal, looks to have the beating of the rb today,

Tiote with his 3rd yellow in 3

Obertan's first touch is sublime.

Ah not again

• Advertisement

Tiote.. Noooo.

I'm scared of our defence..

I'm scared of our defence..[/Quote

Fingers crossed we have one or both our center halves back for sunday

Oh deary me

Excellent. Definitely needed that goal when Bordeaux were really on top.

Is it just me or does Shola look a little tubby?

Is it just me or does Shola look a little tubby?

Shola eats what/who he wants when he wants.

Allover you would assume, shinned it in!

Fergie sets up Cisse yet again. Quality

• Advertisement

Lovely, he needed one to go in like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement