Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

bazual wrote: »
    Releasing him would prob be the worst as then he would blow the whistle on the whole lot of them. Would be a great precedent for anyone wanting to get out of a club, join twitter and moan. Really cant see the club releasing him.

I'd imagine that if they released him, part of the terms would be that he can't disclose certain details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to be honest.

Couple other journos saying the same.
    Haven't heard from Douglas yet though.

Would make absolutely no sense for Mike Ashley to do so, financially speaking too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Paully D wrote: »
    Nile Ranger's at it now:
    Probably because he simply isn't good enough.

We're 6/1 to get relegated this season. Back it while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Doocey wrote: »
    Would make absolutely no sense for Mike Ashley to do so, financially speaking too!

To be fair, what's a couple of million to a man who made almost £500m last year?

It will also stop him blowing the lid on what's going on at Newcastle as he's been coming dangerously close to exploding on Twitter over the last few days and as has been said, he'll probably have been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement when being released.

Interesting decision from Ashley and a massive loss on the playing field without a doubt for Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

To be fair, what's a couple of million to a man who made almost £500m last year?

It will also stop him blowing the lid on what's going on at Newcastle as he's been coming dangerously close to exploding on Twitter over the last few days and as has been said, he'll probably have been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement when being released.

Interesting decision from Ashley and a massive loss on the playing field without a doubt for Newcastle.

He doesn't want to be released and wants to blow the lid on the lot so in reality I can't see any agreement being signed by Joey. Will be very interested in this one. NDA would have to be in his original contract which is unlikely.

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »
    He doesn't want to be released and wants to blow the lid on the lot so in reality I can't see any agreement being signed by Joey. Will be very interested in this one. NDA would have to be in his original contract which is unlikely.

Yep, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens and I'd be the first to admit I'm just speculating.

Good news from a Sunderland perspective anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Couldn't give a fúck if I get banned for this but FÚCK YOU MIKE ASHLEY YOU ODIOUS CÚNT.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Couldn't give a fúck if I get banned for this but FÚCK YOU MIKE ASHLEY YOU ODIOUS CÚNT.

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

In fairness I don't think anyone would begrudge Newcastle fans a bit of a rant at the moment.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Statement just released from NUFC on SSN by David Craig.

Joey has been place on transfer list and available for free.

They cannot release him as they will have to pay him off and cant put any clause to tell him not to say anything if he is released. Screwed either way really, if he chooses to stay Pardew will bend over to Ashley and not play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

can see a lot of clubs taking a look at joey barton now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

He's going to comment at 4 on twitter about his future, the Toon are fecked next season. Did well last term but with so many of their best leaving I dunno what's going to happen to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Why would they not try and get a transfer fee for him? Surely going by his form last seaosn there'd be plenty clubs more than happy to pay £4-5m for him?

The NUFC calendar had Carroll as the player for February.... Joey's the player for August....

:(

Stat from OptaJoe tells it all really:

0% - Newcastle's PL win percentage without Joey Barton in the team during 2010-11, compared to 34% when he played. Available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Mike Ashley is the cancer of Newcastle United Football Club. Derek Lambias is a complete and utter c*nt. Alan Pardew is a spinless f*cken prick.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Why would they not try and get a transfer fee for him? Surely going by his form last seaosn there'd be plenty clubs more than happy to pay £4-5m for him?

No chance with a year left on his contract and knowing that Newcastle badly want rid.

I'd imagine most of those interested were planning on waiting 'till end end of the window and picking him up for a couple of million maximum.

I can see Everton, Villa, and the whole bottom half of the Premier League definitely being interested in him on a free, along with West Ham too.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now, especially with his Twitter statement at 4pm. Technically he can dig his heels in and stay now whilst disrupting the dressing room for the next season.

It's just all been lies from the get go really.

One thing after another, after another. I hate preseason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No chance with a year left on his contract and knowing that Newcastle badly want rid.

I'd imagine most of those interested were planning on waiting 'till end end of the window and picking him up for a couple of million maximum.

I can see Everton, Villa, and the whole bottom half of the Premier League definitely being interested in him on a free, along with West Ham too.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now, especially with his Twitter statement at 4pm. Technically he can dig his heels in and stay now whilst disrupting the dressing room for the next season.

They'd certainly have gotten a few million for him anyway I'm sure. The English premium applies to Joey Barton too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rare footage from inside Mike Ashley's mind.

mind%20blown.gif?1307565308

I love this gif...

I wonder what Pardew will say. Two important players gone already while he's been in charge with a third on the way out...

Disheartening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

**** you Ashley, **** you Llambias, **** you Pardew.. and **** me for being a loyal NUFC fan.. Absolutely sick to my stomach, in a horrible mood now over this. They are destroying this club while all the fans just look on and watch. Ashley must have a price on his head now.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Dave147 wrote: »
    **** you Ashley, **** you Llambias, **** you Pardew.. and **** me for being a loyal NUFC fan.. Absolutely sick to my stomach, in a horrible mood now over this. They are destroying this club while all the fans just look on and watch. Ashley must have a price on his head now.

Not pardews fault...he will have had nothing to do with this. Be surprised if he even knows. We better watch ourselfs as toon fans or we'll be sold next

The Ashley list:

Milner, NZogbia, Keegan, Joe ****ing Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton, Carroll, singing section, re naming the ground, Nolan and now @Joey7Barton

Selling Milner behind Keegan's back after he had said that he wasn't for sale.

Allowing Dennis Wise to bring in Xisco and (the always injured) Ignacio Gonzales behind Keegan's back. The latter bought based on a YouTube clip and as a "favour" to South American agents so that Newcastle would get first refusal of emerging South American talent..... Yeah, because that's happened. :rolleyes:

Breaching Keegan's contract and replacing him with Joe fúcking Kinnear who had been out of football for years.

The alleged changing of the stadium name.

Sacking Hughton after bringing us back up to the Premier League at the first time of asking even though we were quite comfortable in the table.

Selling Andy Carroll on the last day of the transfer window meaning that we had no time to replace our top striker.

Getting rid of the singing section and extending the away section in St. James' Park.

Selling Kevin Nolan; arguably our most important captain since Shearer, when the transfer window opened.

"Marking our cards" on the transfer money we've barely spent.

And now this Barton fiasco.

To be continued I'm sure....

Tweets from @Joey7Barton
    Somewhere in those high echelons of NUFC, they have decided, I am persona non grata.
    I am on a free but the honour of wearing those B+W stripes, surpasses that
    One day the board might realise, what the shirt signifies. HONOUR and PRIDE. Thanks for your continued support........... #toonarmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

The circus continues.....

This could snowball quite quickly. Scuicidal move by the club

You know you can rant at the board who have clearly not a clue how to run a club but our Joey has carefully engineered this situation to his advantage. He has criticised his employers while professing his love for the club. Unfortunately he's not quite as clever as he thinks as there is one glaring contradiction. If you love the club, the supporters and the city as he professes you make your point and then STFU which our Joey clearly hasnt done.

The unrest in the dressing room will likely lead to more of a struggle this year than last. The knock on effect on current players should be felt within a week or two. The new signings must be wondering what they have let themselves in for! I wonder if Harpers demotion has anything to do with this?

Also where does this leave Alan Pardew? He surely cant have any credibility left now? Statements made on Carroll, Nolan and Barton declaring he doesn't want them to be sold and what happens? Pardew a Puppet on a clowns string

"I think Joey will be here (next season). He's said all along he wants to stay and I want him to stay so there's no conflict. His contract may get resolved but probably not until it runs out.”

*Pardew 8 days ago

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same lad RE: new signings.

Simpson, Inman and even former Mag, Matt Grieve have been left speechless by this fiasco.

I'm heading over for my first ever game in just under two weeks time and I was going over with great optimism.

I'm looking forward to getting into the stadium but I go over with apprehension more than anything now.

I don't think I can defend Pardew anymore. Carroll, Nolan and Barton (soon enough) have been shown the door.

How many more times can it be let happen? Is it Pardew or Ashley managing the team? If he had any spine, he'd come clean or at least fight tooth and nail to keep intact, a fairly ravaged looking team.

I was thinking the same lad RE: new signings.

Simpson, Inman and even former Mag, Matt Grieve have been left speechless by this fiasco.

I'm heading over for my first ever game in just under two weeks time and I was going over with great optimism.

I'm looking forward to getting into the stadium but I go over with apprehension more than anything now.

I don't think I can defend Pardew anymore. Carroll, Nolan and Barton (soon enough) have been shown the door.

How many more times can it be let happen? Is it Pardew or Ashley managing the team? If he had any spine, he'd come clean or at least fight tooth and nail to keep intact, a fairly ravaged looking team.

Pardew's job is untenable, end of.....

He is allowing what Keegan would not

M5 wrote: »
    Pardew's job is untenable, end of.....

He is allowing what Keegan would not

I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

So it looks like Barton, Routlege, Harper, Smith and Enrique will leave before the season starts. That in addition to the loss of our club captain Nolan and squad members who have left Campbell and Kuqi.

We have Brought in 4, Abeid, Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba. None of whom really have any PL experience

An already threadbare squad is depleted and IMHO weakened

The joys of supporting Newcastle United eh? :(

In fairness I think it's been obvious from day 1 that Pardew is just a puppet for Ashley and Lambias. Perhaps there's truth in the rumour from months back that he's working to pay off gambling debts to Ashley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

It could be worse at least the vultures havent circled over Tiote yet

slingerz wrote: »

Yet being the key word. ;)

slingerz wrote: »

A 2 million bid should do the trick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Only compounds that we will be relegation candidates next season.

Only going backwards at the moment.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Only compounds that we will be relegation candidates next season.

Only going backwards at the moment.

6-1 Yesterday, 4-1 today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

With Barton going and Ben Arfa injured do you think Vukic might play first few games?

G.K. wrote: »
    With Barton going and Ben Arfa injured do you think Vukic might play first few games?

I would be surprised, More than likely Jonas, Cabaye Tiote and Marveaux. Gosling and Guthrie also in with a shout.

None of the players you mentioned are strictly attacking midfielders.

Tiote's a DM, Cabaye and Gosling CM's, Guthrie injured, and Jonas/Marveaux wingers.

None of the players you mentioned are strictly attacking midfielders.

Tiote's a DM, Cabaye and Gosling CM's, Guthrie injured, and Jonas/Marveaux wingers.

yup, so Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, Jonas and Marveaux on the wings.....:confused:

And no huge attacking potency from the midfield...

But hey I'm not a NUFC fan what do I know. :pac:

And no huge attacking potency from the midfield...

But hey I'm not a NUFC fan what do I know. :pac:

Cabaye is supposedly the man who is going to pull the strings. Jonas and Marveaux are both attacking players, might not be Nani and Malouda we are talking about here but that is probably our first choice midfeild. Ben Arfa will be a striker by all accounts!

I meant the centre midfield - I personally see neither Tiote or Cabaye as hugely attacking players, but never mind.

If you sign another forward, how will they, Ba and Ben Arfa come into it? 4-3-3?

I meant the centre midfield - I personally see neither Tiote or Cabaye as hugely attacking players, but never mind.

If you sign another forward, how will they, Ba and Ben Arfa come into it? 4-3-3?

4-4-1-1 supposedly.... Fits in with your opinion I suppose

NEXT!

Jose
    Qué pena, todavía muestra lo que dije sobre el club es cierto!
    Translated
    Too bad, it still shows what I said on the club's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What Mike Ashley is trying to achieve really bewilders me.

The fact that they want a fucking secrecy clause says it all.
    Bunch of professional liers are running this club while the honest, hard working fans end up paying for it; in every sense of the word.

There's only so much they can get away with surely, and never mind this bullshit "he owns the club, he makes the decisions". Without the fans going to games, generating revenue the club wouldn't be there.

I'm not terribly surprised, but disappointed. Then again, what's new?

Great for Sunderland fans to watch on though I suppose...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement