Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

If Cabaye is really out until January, I'm worried.

We've managed to win two games this season, from 12.

1-0 at home to Norwich and we got incredibly lucky to beat West Brom.

Cisse needs to start putting the ball in the net soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Doocey wrote: »
    In some encouraging news - Nile Ranger has scored for the reserves against Sunderland in the SOL.

Would be some comeback if Ranger and Xisco lead the line for us in the New Year :pac:

If these posts were meant to cheer me up, they didn't quite hit the spot!!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

We've also drawn away at Anfield in a game we would've won if Perch or Cabaye weren't forced off.
    Also, we were minutes away from an away win at Sunderland.

Beat Spurs start of the season too.

Stop looking at the negatives and focus on the positives.
    We're going through to the next round of Europe, and we're holding solid Premier League form.

A new face or two in January, and Cissé getting a goal back will power this time forward.

Keep the faith lads, Pardew is a fantastic man manager and will have us firing soon enough.

We're going through to the next round of Europe, and we're holding solid Premier League form.

While I admire your positivity Doocey, I can't agree with that.

Two wins from 12 is terrible form.

A win against Southampton would see the outlook change completely again.

We need a result; a performance would also be nice.

EDIT; We've won 3 from 12? right? Still bad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

While I admire your positivity Doocey, I can't agree with that.

Two wins from 12 is terrible form.

A win against Southampton would see the outlook change completely again.

We need a result; a performance would also be nice.

EDIT; We've won 3 from 12? right? Still bad :pac:

dont forget a couple of moments of genius in our last few games stopped us having an awful last 6. This has been an issue since last March

• Advertisement

Strong team tonight:

Tim Krul, Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini (c), Davide Santon; Gael Bigirimana, Vurnon Anita; Sammy Ameobi, Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux; Papiss Cisse

Substitutes: Rob Elliot, James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson, Mike Williamson, Mehdi Abeid, Romain Amalfitano, Demba Ba

yay, Ben arfa injured now, getting tiresome this year

That was very very very marginal if at all. Linesman raised his flag immediately too. Is that the 3d goal Cisse has had disallowed this season? Must be frustrating for him

M5 wrote: »
    yay, Ben arfa injured now, getting tiresome this year

That was very very very marginal if at all. Linesman raised his flag immediately too. Is that the 3d goal Cisse has had disallowed this season? Must be frustrating for him

Ah, it was close, but he was off.

Marveaux will have to replace Ben Arfa in the league, looks like the hamstring is gone. We really cannot catch a break at the moment.

Ah, it was close, but he was off.

Marveaux will have to replace Ben Arfa in the league, looks like the hamstring is gone. We really cannot catch a break at the moment.

That fills me with dread. Have looked like we are playing against a stiff breeze and a brick wall all season with our better players. Need a break and a decent run of form fairly lively. Getting this done and dusted will mean the last group game is a non runner and we can relax. Could do with Bordeaux loosing tonight to remove the group winners aspect to the game

And there is the break we needed :mad: Cisse too? Come on!

• Advertisement

They are getting chances now.

Ah this is fcuking gash. Horrible to watch...

Predictably they equalize

What is wrong with us? We are playing terribly, every single player is well below par... For weeks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Lucky to get a point in the end. Pure lack of confidence at the moment plus a lack of a few players. We need a win to boost the players and I cant see it coming at Southampton.

Absolute garbage again tonight. A team that has not won away from home in 13 years should have beaten us tonight. The loss of form is astonishing. This "performance" was par for the course this season. Error strewn, unimaginative drivel, oh and throw in a couple of injuries!

Horrible, another 0 points on Sunday unless something drastically improves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Brutal watching that. Found myself switching over to the Texans vs Lions game quite abit. Should been beaten at the end and rarely took the game to them.

Another worrying performance with two away league games coming up.

Don't think we will get anything at Southampton either.

We made a very poor side look decent in the 2nd half.

No Ben Arfa or Cabaye for the next while is an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What the **** has gone wrong with this team?

It's like a sickness is running through the side. No urgency, fluency and teams just score past us far too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I think we are at our best when we have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle as they both balance and compliment each other. We have had them both available for 2 games so far this season. Tottenham in the first that we won and then Sunderland away which Tiote lasted 25mins and we were winning.

Even last season with Tiote and Cabaye in same team we won alot more than we lost but maybe this is just obvious considering how good they both are.

2011/2012 W 11/ L 5/ D 7
    2012/2013 W 1/ L 0 / D 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

bazual wrote: »
    I think we are at our best when we have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle as they both balance and compliment each other. We have had them both available for 2 games so far this season. Tottenham in the first that we won and then Sunderland away which Tiote lasted 25mins and we were winning.

Even last season with Tiote and Cabaye in same team we won alot more than we lost but maybe this is just obvious considering how good they both are.

2011/2012 W 11/ L 5/ D 7
    2012/2013 W 1/ L 0 / D 1
    What was Graham Carr drinking the day he recommended Anita to Pardew??

Seannew1 wrote: »

That's pretty unfair, the lad is a decent player. He's struggling to adapt and his confidence is pretty low right now. He clearly has ability though.

Seannew1 wrote: »

Tea.
    The same stuff he was drinking when he recommended Yohan Cabaye, Papiss Cissé, Davide Santon, Demba Ba and Cheick Tioté.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Tea.
    The same stuff he was drinking when he recommended Yohan Cabaye, Papiss Cissé, Davide Santon, Demba Ba and Cheick Tioté.
    They're all proven successes though.I'm happy to give Anita time,it was so frustrating though that we couldn't hold the ball in midfield against fairly mediocre opposition tonight. You can't expect Birgimana to come in at his age and be thrown in the deep end to perform though.

I'm not feeling as confident as I was in August :pac:

untitled-1-1353683988.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

So'ton on the back of a good win and have played very well at home all season. They'll see this as a game they can really win

Not looking good...

Trip to St.Marys isn't going to be an easy one for sure.
    Southampton have the ability to outplay us in midfield, but I think if we nick an early goal we'll upset their momentum and go on to win the game.

Ba will hopefully bag a couple, and who knows - it might be the day we actually score from a corner.

We're officially top of the PhysioRoom table with the most injuries in the league. And we're meant to be a lucky side?....

Keep the faith.

Nile Ranger back in the squad too. Against his old club.

It's written in the script, himself and Pardew returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nile Ranger.... Oh FFS. The lad is poison.

• Advertisement

Don't see us getting anything today. Even though we desperately need a win.

A midfield of Gutierrez, Anita, Tiote and Ferguson.

Where is the creativity coming from?

Pards obviously has no faith in Marveaux then.

He scored in midweek and hit the bar when he came on against Swansea. Should be starting today imo.

Gutierrez has been absolutely dreadful this season.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nile Ranger.... Oh FFS. The lad is poison.

He had to sign up to a strict regiment in order to get back in the squad. I'm skeptical but hopefully he got the slap he deserved.

Todays game could be more misery. Another passing side, which does not suit our system.

Ball not sticking to our front two. Ball coming back far too quickly. We are closing much much more than usual which is good to see

Awful from tiote....

Ramirez is gona get broken in half after that.. Raked Tiotes calf twice!!!

REf and linesman having a nightmare here. Both teams suffering horrible decisions

• Advertisement

Fully deserved. Rubbish again. Time for a Pardew team to do what they have not done before, come from behind to win. (im not holding my breath)

Tempted to just go watch the City - Chelsea game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

This is a bloody must win. Stoke away on wed it doesn't get easier. Early doors, but teams below have started winning, whilst we're sinking big time...

Tempted to just go watch the City - Chelsea game.

absolutely no sign of us doing anything in this game. We are not attacking the ball and failing to hold on to it when we have it. Jonas, ba, cisse, tiote, simpson all having stinkers

For the third game in a row we are making an average side look like Barcelona. We are not putting any pressure on the ball at all. Southampton players have the freedom of the park. Yeat again we are only winning 20% or less of the 50:50 balls. That signals a lack of commitment in my opinion.

How we can keep playing the ball to a man with three Southampton players around him? This is fcuking basic stuff Pardew. Sort it out!

• Advertisement

These performances have to stop. This is painful to watch.

Why do we at least try and keep possession in Europe and then when it comes to PL, it's just long ball? Even with HBA and Cabaye on the pitch.

I know we are injury plagued, but the tactics here are just rubbish.

It's no wonder Cisse isn't scoring. The guy wants balls played in behind.

After watching Swansea and Liverpool earlier this is painful to watch.

Push Ba out left, Cisse up top and throw on Marveaux on the right.

If we are still playing with Cisse and Ba in a 4-4-2 with long ball, at 60mins, Im going watching the other game.

Why take of Ferguson, thought he was one of out better players....

why did anita pass taht ball? He had no one in front of him, could have run into the box ffs. That has to be tactics, early ball... Its not working pards, ball bouncing of the front two

Right, chat ye later.

Game Set and Match, Absloute fcuking garbage

Southampton fans Ole'ing every pass now

Southampton have had 9 shots on target and hit the woodwork 3 times. How long can this continue. We have played the same all season. Alarm bells should be ringing very very loudly. There are no positives, no performances, nothing to cling to. Its desperate! Southampton could have easily scored 6 or 7 today

4 points clear of the relegation zone and on a serious slide.

That wasnt offside, lets not forget the two decent penalty shouts, this really could have been 6+

Outfought, outplayed and no sign of things improving.

Getting very concerned now. Relegation form and relegation level performances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement