Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

2nd bottom from form, prob picked up 6 points this season that we didn't deserve too! Relegation is actually a worry at the moment. I heard lots of talk from the commentator on just how well Southampton had played to beat a team "like Newcastle" I really don't think the media have realised just how bad we have been this season. Its a crisis and i don't think that's an exaggeration

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

David O'Leary is available, I think he'd do a better job than Pardew at the moment. Brought Leeds to CL semi finals. Irishman too.

DB10 wrote: »
    David O'Leary is available, I think he'd do a better job than Pardew at the moment. Brought Leeds to CL semi finals. Irishman too.

Eh, no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

With the team selections alan is persisting with what else can we expect, we played alot last year with 1 up and ba/hatem left and right,
    If pards insists on playing 442 things will only get worse we have no left winger at all! Guti is just not good enough lost his pace could never cross and desperate shooting, ferguson has a decent left foot and is a good crosser but is too light at the minute and sammy i dont think will ever be good enough. we need a left winger and maybe a winger who can play either side aswell and we need another top centre midfielder with bigi as the backup and some1 who can play anywhere across the back. Our reputation was good in the summer and we could have signed top players now we are gonna end up with guys who will never really cut it at the top(obertan, williamson guti type player)
    All year we have not created enough and that really needs to change plus the way things are going we are gonna lose cabaye and ba for sure in january and maybe hatem too, these guys dont want relegation battles they want trophies and who can blame them?
    Maybe an 8 year contract jumped the gun a little

cadete wrote: »
    With the team selections alan is persisting with what else can we expect, we played alot last year with 1 up and ba/hatem left and right,
    If pards insists on playing 442 things will only get worse we have no left winger at all! Guti is just not good enough lost his pace could never cross and desperate shooting, ferguson has a decent left foot and is a good crosser but is too light at the minute and sammy i dont think will ever be good enough. we need a left winger and maybe a winger who can play either side aswell and we need another top centre midfielder with bigi as the backup and some1 who can play anywhere across the back. Our reputation was good in the summer and we could have signed top players now we are gonna end up with guys who will never really cut it at the top(obertan, williamson guti type player)
    All year we have not created enough and that really needs to change plus the way things are going we are gonna lose cabaye and ba for sure in january and maybe hatem too, these guys dont want relegation battles they want trophies and who can blame them?
    Maybe an 8 year contract jumped the gun a little

Very good point, our player draw is dropping along with our league position. Buy good players while you can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

DB10 wrote: »

I think he's holding out for the Manu job.

S Taylor injured hamstring, out of Stoke game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Worst NUFC performance I've seen in quite a few years.

You know things are bad when.......
    Doocey wrote: »
    Worst NUFC performance I've seen in quite a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Remaining league fixtures in 2012.

Stoke v Newcastle
    Newcastle v Wigan
    Fulham v Newcastle
    Newcastle v Man City
    Newcastle v QPR
    Man Utd v Newcastle
    Arsenal v Newcastle

How many points? :pac:

Realistically and not being really negetive

Stoke v Newcastle 1
    Newcastle v Wigan 3
    Fulham v Newcastle 0/1
    Newcastle v Man City 0
    Newcastle v QPR 3
    Man Utd v Newcastle 0
    Arsenal v Newcastle 0

I can honestly only see 8 but i hope im wrong!

Remaining league fixtures in 2012.

Stoke v Newcastle
    Newcastle v Wigan
    Fulham v Newcastle
    Newcastle v Man City
    Newcastle v QPR
    Man Utd v Newcastle
    Arsenal v Newcastle

How many points? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

We could in serious trouble come the New Year with that run of games.

We are playing that badly at the moment (I know injuries are a factor) the other teams are looking forward to playing us! We need some spark to ignite the season, something like the 4-4 comeback against Arsenal or the 6-0 against Villa, at the moment I can't see it happening. I think 4th off bottom is this year's target, the Europa/FA Cup are a diversion, but the league is the priority.(God help us)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

QPR looks the only nice fixture there. Wigan could well play us off the park next week and Stoke have hit form

Could be in for a relegation battle who'd have thought it. I still think Reading, So'ton and QPR are doomed but the likes of Norwich and Wigan are going well and Villa will probably improve

• Advertisement

Pardew needs to wake up and realise that players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Anita etc etc. don't want the ball kicked over their head.

We have the worst aerial threat in the league, yet continue to hoof it.

http://www.eplindex.com/21803/long-ball-analysis-epl-part-2-stats-analysis.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Miserable time to be a toon supporter, no sign of us getting out of this slump. I think we need to go out and attack Stoke, take the game to them from the off. Best line up to do that is below I reckon. we need to go back to 4-3-3 with Ba on the left of the 3. Obertan shades Marveaux due to his pure pace which we are lacking without HBA. Can't see Pardew doing this but you never know. Any thoughts?

Krul
    --Simpson----Colo----Willo
    Santon--
    Perch----Tiote---Jonas
    ---Obertan
    Ba

Cisse

Subs: Harper, Ferguson, Marveaux, Bigi, Sammy, Anita, Ranger

bazual
    thats not bad but i would like

Krul
    --Perch----Colo----Willo
    guti--
    bigi----Tiote---anita
    ---Obertan
    santon

ba

soneone on another forum mentioned swapping santon to left wing with guti going to left back, i like the idea cause guti is not good enough for the middle and produces nothing at left wing
    Bigi and tiote can protect williamson and anita support the attack, i really like bigi great in the tackle and not a bad passer at all,
    I would leave simpson on the bench as he has been woefull this season maybe his head is somewhere else as last year he defended really well

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

To be honest folks,I think at the minute we can't play a 4-4-3 formation.True this formation brought a lot of success last year,however, for this to work successfully a number of factors need to be taken into account.The reason why this formation was a success last year was because of Ben Arfa and Cabaye, especially the latter.The swansea game where we won 2-0 was a perfect example,swansea pinned us back for long periods of the game,however,Cabaye being the quality midfielder that he is won us the game with 2 exceptional assists,again to my memory the stoke game where we won 3-0 he was fantastic,the day we bet liverpool 2-0 Cisse won the plaudits,however,Cabaye completely stole the show in midfield in my opinion. Because Cabaye is out till january, we really don't have a player like him with Anita still adapting etc. Another reason why I don't think this will work is Cisse's form. We simply cannot afford to put Ba on the left again to accomodate Cisse, given his recent form. If we look anyway look like scoring these days,it's Ba who's getting in the positions to score. There's no reason why we can't go back to this formation in time,it's just personally I can't see it happening until february.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Krul

Anita --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Tiote

Obertan --- Perch --- Jonas

Ba --- Cisse

Maybe stick Perch as a more advanced central midfielder.

We're very limited in what we have. Would rather have Santon playing in Jonas' position myself because Obertan/Jonas can't cross for dirt.

Hard to know anymore.
    This is what happens when you don't fúcking buy players to strengthen the poxy squad.

• Advertisement

The lack of investment that we got away with last year is costing us double this time round. Although we had plenty of injuries and the ACON last year too they were spread out. This time round its a glut.

We can hope that a CB a LW and a CM are on our shopping list. January will be fun without Tiote

Tiote has been a complete liability when he's played though.

Even when he's playing well he's not as good as people say, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/video/48260

Pardew's response to Barton's french accent.. brighten ye all up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Ranger in the squad again, I really hope he can cop on a fulfill his true potential.

Could have the chance, with the right attitude to stake a claim with all the injuries, and confusion up front.

Him and Shola FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Wonder what team Pardew will put out tomorrow vs Stoke. Would like to see 3 in midfield, with Tiote, Bigi and Guti matching the physicality of Stoke in the middle.

Have seen some posts arguing for Santon to be pushed forward and start at left wing, which I think is a good idea as it would add some pace, with Ferg on the right. Move Anita or Perch then to left back, preferably Perch as his added height will be important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Read a stat earlier that said if Newcastle lose tonight, then they will be on the same number of points as they were at the same stage in the season that they got relegated.

Read a stat earlier that said if Newcastle lose tonight, then they will be on the same number of points as they were at the same stage in the season that they got relegated.

Thats correct, if your point is that NUFC have been crap this year i think you'll see most in here talking about it since the 4th or fifth game

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2008-11-22

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Anita --- Perch --- Tiote --- Jonas

Ba --- Cisse

Horrible looking midfield. We actually have nobody that can come in to Cabaye's role. Why did we sell Guthrie.

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Anita --- Perch --- Tiote --- Jonas

Ba --- Cisse

Horrible looking midfield. We actually have nobody that can come in to Cabaye's role. Why did we sell Guthrie.

Guthrie wanted to go TBF

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    Guthrie wanted to go TBF

Yeah, true enough. I guess why didn't we replace him adequately is the question...

Yeah, true enough.

Funny thing is that he wanted first team football, if he stayed would have started all bar one game this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Sad to say I am expecting a loss tonight but its one of those games where you never know and you might be pleasantly surprised. 3-0 Stoke Adam, Walters & Huth.

Our players look nervous on the ball... any kind of pressure and we hoof it hopefully forward

Lucky there

We will have someone sent off here tonight.

Tiote is half asleep.

Well it still nil nil.... :D

Watching our MF very closely, not one of the players seems to want the ball, they are just offloading to the nearest player. No attempt to create. Our creative avenues are typically the two center halves hoofing it.

Positives. Anita had done well. Closing down like a man possessed! Certainly his best performance in B+W. Also Santon having a good game going forward

Positives. Anita had done well. Closing down like a man possessed! Certainly his best performance in B+W. Also Santon having a good game going forward

Yeah, those two have done well. Santon has been one of our best players this season, that hasn't been hard though.

I do feel sorry for Cisse. We expect him to start scoring from nowhere, the lad isn't getting a sniff the last few games. No service at all. Long balls up to him which he is never going to win, especially against this lot.

Yeah, those two have done well. Santon has been one of our best players this season, that hasn't been hard though.

I do feel sorry for Cisse. We expect him to start scoring from nowhere, the lad isn't getting a sniff the last few games. No service at all. Long balls up to him which he is never going to win, especially against this lot.

Cisses first touch has been awful recently, which is not helping him or us. The ball comes back way to often...

Tiote also not tacking charge at all. Dallies on the ball or offloads it to a marked player. No fluency in our play at all as we are not able to keep it for more than 3/4 passes

• Advertisement

Cisses first touch has been awful recently, which is not helping him or us. The ball comes back way to often...

:D

Get in. A prop per goal for cisse

Ba's first touch has been poor recently too :D

Need to calm it down a bit now. Less of the long balls please.

Krul's distribution is abysmal.

Jesus that was dreadful from Tiote. Almost cost us dear.

• Advertisement

And there it is. Ball given away again. Such an easy goal. Shocking.

Another goal scored after we give away the ball in an attacking area

Wasters

Sigh.

Well this will do wonders for confidence. We're in trouble.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement