Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

bazual wrote: »
    Great management from Redknapp bringing on Wright Philips to keep Santon quiet as he can see the only danger Newcastle are posing is the combination of Jonas and Santon. Time to bring on Obertan and get something going down the right to counteract it.

Pardew you muppet. Instead of keeping two wingers on and the combination causing the most threat he fuppin takes off Jonas.

Reminds me of the Allardyce cries "You don't know what your doing!!!!"

Perch and Anita in the middle against United. I bet Fergie is quaking in his boots.

Someone needs to step up and take the ball off Ba in those situations. Anita, Santon, we have players that can do a better job on those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

what a great strike!

Well done Shola. Deserved for the play we have had but it could have been so much easier Pards.......

Ba will take this and drive it about 6 feet over. Should be Marveauxs if he has the balls to take it off Ba

Ba will take this and drive it about 6 feet over. Should be Marveauxs if he has the balls to take it off Ba

Well done Marv... Good effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Marveaux should be starting games. If he can't get in the team atm when playing well, what chance does he have when the others come back?

QPR have being ridiculously poor today. Cert to go down.

Squeeky bum time.

• Advertisement

Squeeky bum time.

Phew, 3 points. Well deserved. Average performance from the toon, woeful performance from QPR, agree with BetterCallSaul, Harry has a hell of a job on his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-pay-off-from-newcastle-united-1503097

Turns out Pardew is on basically a one year rolling contract, but the 8 year contract sounds great for stability purposes etc.

Good news for you anyway as it means Ashley won't have to pay up much at all if he decides to get rid.

Good win for you lads today. Have to admit though it was hilarious to hear the fans booing the substitution only for it to then go and win you the game.

One point separating us now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Paully D wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-pay-off-from-newcastle-united-1503097

Turns out Pardew is on basically a one year rolling contract, but the 8 year contract sounds great for stability purposes etc.

Good news for you anyway as it means Ashley won't have to pay up much at all if he decides to get rid.

Good win for you lads today. Have to admit though it was hilarious to hear the fans booing the substitution only for it to then go and win you the game.

One point separating us now!

Called that contract at the time of signing! Was pretty obvious a businessman would not commit to anything for 8 years.

It worked this time for Pardew, recently however he his subs have been baffling. Cisse was arguably our best player yesterday, it was unbelievable that he was subbed TBH. Worked out in the end though

Going to be a long hard season for both teams i fear

Is Perch also suspended for the manure match?

M5 wrote: »
    Called that contract at the time of signing! Was pretty obvious a businessman would not commit to anything for 8 years.

It worked this time for Pardew, recently however he his subs have been baffling. Cisse was arguably our best player yesterday, it was unbelievable that he was subbed TBH. Worked out in the end though

Going to be a long hard season for both teams i fear

Is Perch also suspended for the manure match?

Yep, had a bit of a back and forth with someone on the Newcastle vs Man City thread last week about it. Said Ashley was a smart man and there's no way he's paying up 8 years if he wants to get rid.

Seem to be hearing a bit about Loic Remy joining you lot? If Ba leaves and you get him in them a front three of Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa would be frightening.

Perch is available I think? He picked up his fifth booking earlier in the season and missed the Wigan game, didn't he? Tiote is suspended though if I remember correctly?

It will definitely be a long hard season for us, but I think you'll be fine once you get Cabaye back. We both have a tough run of games coming up over Christmas so I think we'll both be still struggling coming into the new year though. Hopefully we can get a central midfielder in in January as Larsson and Colback playing there is just a joke to be honest.

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, had a bit of a back and forth with someone on the Newcastle vs Man City thread last week about it. Said Ashley was a smart man and there's no way he's paying up 8 years if he wants to get rid.

Seem to be hearing a bit about Loic Remy joining you lot? If Ba leaves and you get him in them a front three of Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa would be frightening.

Perch is available I think? He picked up his fifth booking earlier in the season and missed the Wigan game, didn't he? Tiote is suspended though if I remember correctly?

It will definitely be a long hard season for us, but I think you'll be fine once you get Cabaye back. We both have a tough run of games coming up over Christmas so I think we'll both be still struggling coming into the new year though. Hopefully we can get a central midfielder in in January as Larsson and Colback playing there is just a joke to be honest.

Yeah, TIote is suspended, thought that Perch was too. Cant believe that actually brings me some relief...:o

Many sources saying Debuchy and Remy are done deals. Will see i suppose. We have a woefully thin squad ATM. Last year several of our backup players had stormers when our first teamers were injured. Not so this year, hence our stuggles...

We have our usual dog of a boxing day fixture. The three points yesterday saved us from starting the NY in the relegation zone. I tought Larsson started pretty well for ye, what happened? Remember being pissed we missed out on him after a few great performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I ****ing love Shola Ameobi.

That is all.

• Advertisement

Yeah, TIote is suspended, thought that Perch was too. Cant believe that actually brings me some relief...:o

Many sources saying Debuchy and Remy are done deals. Will see i suppose. We have a woefully thin squad ATM. Last year several of our backup players had stormers when our first teamers were injured. Not so this year, hence our stuggles...

We have our usual dog of a boxing day fixture. The three points yesterday saved us from starting the NY in the relegation zone. I tought Larsson started pretty well for ye, what happened? Remember being pissed we missed out on him after a few great performances

Larsson was decent on the right wing for us, but his performances seemed to slow down a lot at the end of last season (fair enough I suppose as he covers loads of ground) but then we signed Johnson and pushed him into the center where he has been pretty much awful. Not his fault as it's not his natural position but I'd either play him on the right or not at all. His set piece production has slowed right down too, so much so that Gardner takes the free kicks and Johnson takes most of the corners. Our CM is so weak without Cattermole, and even with him in there we still need someone creative. That has to be the number one priority for us. A Cabaye type player is exactly what we are missing, easier said than done to get one though!

Shops will not play in the ACN after discussions with NUFC. Sacrifices his national career for the club effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Would like to see the following team against united,i think marveaux and obertan would give us a bit more energy and pace in midfield which we've seriously been lacking lately.I do think that Cisse or maybe even Shola will get the nod over one of them though.Very tough game,which I do think we'll lose.If we are to get something out of the game,we'll need a few sterling performances from certain individuals and like last year a lot of luck which teams don't get at old trafford.Unfortunately,I think we'll be dealing with a wounded animal in united.On a more positive note,happy christmas to everyone!

Krul
    --Simpson----Colo----Willo
    Santon--
    Perch----Anita---Jonas
    ---Obertan
    Marveaux

Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Fair to say we all love Shola. Absolute gentleman and Geordie!

Anyway folks, have a good Christmas, and keep safe. Wouldn't want you lot missing a pretty memorable away victory at Old Trafford now would we? :pac:

521768_486013301442204_729200414_n.jpg

Man U vs Newcastle with Rooney looking to prove a point.

This is a depressingly predictable script being written. :mad:

• Advertisement

Surprise surprise.....

And the Mackems beat City. Christ.

And the Mackems beat City. Christ.

And add anita and Williamson to the missing list for the next game....

Whenever there is even a hint of a positive with us this season it ends in a crumbling disaster. To score 3 goals in OT and hit the woodwork twice and get nothing is honestly unbelievable

We. Just. Cannot. Defend.

Some of those goals were laughable from a defensive pov. Coloccni back to his 2008/09 "form" in that game.

Not only do we get kicked in the balls, we get our wallet stolen too with Anita stretchered off.

This club is cursed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

did we deserve a draw? :confused:

Have only seen it once (and stand to be corrected) but it looked like Colocini took a smack in the face in the lead up to the third equalizer too... SAF's bitching paid off?

BArra wrote: »

I think so. Marv hit post as did Sammy. they had chances too but we were by far the better team in the first half and should have been a couple up. They peppered the goal in the last 20 but we had our counter chances. A draw would have been fair and brightened up my day anyway. Balls...

We absolutely deserved a draw. Defended poorly, but Uniteds defence was abysmal as well today. It's a tough one to take.

BArra wrote: »

Just about. They had a ton of chances but we could have nicked it too.

Hitting the bar at 2-1 proved crucial as I thought at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i feel a bit sickened by it but it just seemed inevitable that it was going to happen, never feel safe. please get rid of williamson and simpson, they are liabilities.

also was it my imagination that we played better without guti? the lad runs like a horse but his end product has been abysmal this season.

i am getting more and more impressed by santon

• Advertisement

Considering most pundits had us down to lose by 5 or 6 today and the midfield we had to put out then we can be proud of the teams performance for one of the few times this season.

Yes we defended poorly, but lets be honest, Simpson and Williamson need to be replaced. Both are terrible footballers, and there was very little protection for the back 4 today as well, considering the weak midfield.

I would really like to see Cisse being played in the number 9 position from now on. Ba is going to leave, it's inevitable, and he's also one of the most selfish players we have ever had at the club.

I am really not understanding the criticisms of Simpson lately. In the past 6/7 games he has played very well for a player that is not getting any protection with no player in front of him. He arguably had his best game today so far this season and tormented Giggs. With the new formation this year we don't really have anyone on the right in midfield so I think Simpson has done a decent enough job especially in the last 7/8 games.

Don't get me wrong he is not the most talented of footballers but I wouldnt class him in the same company as Williamson, he is not that bad.

I am really not understanding the criticisms of Simpson lately. In the past 6/7 games he has played very well for a player that is not getting any protection with no player in front of him. He arguably had his best game today so far this season and tormented Giggs. With the new formation this year we don't really have anyone on the right in midfield so I think Simpson has done a decent enough job especially in the last 7/8 games.

Don't get me wrong he is not the most talented of footballers but I wouldnt class him in the same company as Williamson, he is not that bad.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one bazual. :)

Sickening day in many ways for us today but result aside,does anything think arsenal have a ridiculously unfair advantage over us for saturday??Wenger making silly excuses saying that he'd rather be playing today to continue their momentum but i think they've a fantastic chance over us.Do we've any chance at all against arsenal considering they'll be a lot more fresher etc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Being an Arsenal fan I'm gutted our game was called off today as the 4 other clubs have now a 3 point advantage over us and I'd rather our players be sharper seen as we've tendancy to be lazy and lose focus alot this season, Gutted for you guys today thought you deserved a draw for definite, Pity no one aimed a ball at poor RVP today though lol

Roll on saturday should be a cracker of a game

Being an Arsenal fan I'm gutted our game was called off today as the 4 other clubs have now a 3 point advantage over us and I'd rather our players be sharper seen as we've tendancy to be lazy and lose focus alot this season, Gutted for you guys today thought you deserved a draw for definite, Pity no one aimed a ball at poor RVP today though lol

Roll on saturday should be a cracker of a game
    I'm pretty sure i'd prefer my team to have had a 7 day rest compared to a 2 day rest after running our legs into the ground at old trafford though!Be interesting to see how newcastle react,this is a game we really should look to win but I'm not sure we can carry the momentum we had at old trafford into this game,if anything,I expect us to be a bit lethargic.If we defend like we did against Man U,we shouldn't even bother turning up.

got to agree in the first 10 odd games i thought simpson was really poor as were alot of the lads but he has improved an awful lot in the last half dozen games, no way would i put simpson in the same category as williamson/guti.

i really would like to see a centre half and a left winger as our main priority this window, a right back is needed too but right now i would prefer the above, and to be honest if we got a decent bid for tiote i would let him go as long as he is replaced, the lad has been nothing more than a liability this year, suspensions and alot of passing mistakes/free kicks conceded by him have cost us goals this year,

7-3 wasnt a fair reflection of the game.

But is was a fair reflection of how ATROCIOUS our defence was.

The last 15 mins our legs went but the damage was done before then.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    7-3 wasnt a fair reflection of the game.

But is was a fair reflection of how ATROCIOUS our defence was.

The last 15 mins our legs went but the damage was done before then.

agreed but in fairness the first 4 goals santon caught playing walcott onside, tiote giving the ball away again, and cisse at fault for the other 2, but our legs had gone
    but still showed great spirit for 85 mins just really need to strengthen in january and get benny and cabaye back asap

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    agreed but in fairness the first 4 goals santon caught playing walcott onside, tiote giving the ball away again, and cisse at fault for the other 2, but our legs had gone
    but still showed great spirit for 85 mins just really need to strengthen in january and get benny and cabaye back asap

Exactly my point. We still gave away sloppy goals before fatigue set in, so it's not really a valid excuse.

Tiote was absolutely atrocious tonight, he is a complete liability. I'm starting to wonder if bids of 15m or whatever did come in the past, why we didn't cash in. He's having a wretched season. Not Santon's best game tonight but he's been one of our better players this season.

Williamson and Simpson have to be replaced. Would like to see us bid for Shawcross but would probably take silly money to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Exactly my point. We still gave away sloppy goals before fatigue set in, so it's not really a valid excuse.

Tiote was absolutely atrocious tonight, he is a complete liability. I'm starting to wonder if bids of 15m or whatever did come in the past, why we didn't cash in. He's having a wretched season. Not Santon's best game tonight but he's been one of our better players this season.

Williamson and Simpson have to be replaced. Would like to see us bid for Shawcross but would probably take silly money to get him.

i think you're being overly harsh on Tiote. For this evening's match he made more successful passes than any away player has ever made at the Emirates.

greendom wrote: »
    i think you're being overly harsh on Tiote. For this evening's match he made more successful passes than any away player has ever made at the Emirates.

He just attempted more, didn't he? I don't think he completed the most. It would be interesting to see what his completion percentage was actually.

OptaJoe @OptaJoe
    99 - Cheik Tiote attempted more passes today than any other player ever from a visiting Premier League team at the Emirates Stadium. Pass.

Tiote is having an absolute mare of a season and was shocking last night. When is he off to Africa?

As expected with nufc we won't get a good news day at all. Ba to open talks with Chelsea this week

• Advertisement

Every single person including the manager needs to take a hard long look at themselves after that defeat.We will not win any game,if certain individuals keep making basic schoolboy errors at this level,eg Santon switching off for the first goal,Simpson throwing the ball to Podolski for the second,Tiote losing possession for the third etc etc.Lets hope that teams like QPR,Reading,Villa etc keep losing because it looks like we can't even buy a win at the minute. Everton will be a big test on Wednesday. Good enough for Ba if he wants to go to Chelsea,we took a chance on him,got into europe and he still isn't happy.The Chronicle is reporting a fee has been agreed with Debuchy,good player but we need a centre back and offensive player too.

As expected with nufc we won't get a good news day at all. Ba to open talks with Chelsea this week

Inevitable really, may as well happen now and allow us to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Chuffed at the Debuchy news.

Nothing we can do about Ba lads, have to remember that.

If we do replace Ba with Remy and move Cissé CF, while also adding a new CB (Douglas) we'll be heading in the right direction.

Conceding seven was poor, but fatigue got the better of us towards the end.
    I have to say, we are pinging the ball around a lot more which is very encouraging, I believe we had 56% posession away at Arsenal last night? Had 106 more passes as well I think.
    Tioté was superb for most of the game, but one or two mistakes proved costly. No yellow card though, which is a positive.

If a fully fit team plays the way we did against Arsenal, and United then we have the ability to beat any team in the league.
    Marveaux proving what an important player he is going to be, lets hope he isn't involved in any Remy move.

Keep the faith lad, if I've learned anything from the last two match weeks it's that there are quite a few clubs far worse than we are. For what it's worth, I reckon we'll finish 11th!

HTL.

Until I see him holding a shirt he's not a Newcastle player.

And yeah we all knew Ba would go. Pretty obvious when Pardew said he wants Shola to stay instead of going to ACN.

Agree with Moneymaker on Debuchy, will believe it when hes on the pitch in a toon shirt.

As for Ba, can't see him going to be honest, for a few reasons. Do not think Chelsea will pay huge wages for a player who will fail the medical and thats really what his reps and him want, the money. Its his representatives that are meeting Chelsea and we all know his reps are trying to offload him to anyone for a good price so they get paid. How much Demba and Benitez know about any deal would be interesting to know. If he does go so be it and it might bring a better shape to the team as long as we replace him with a decent proven defender and striker. Would not mind Lampard if he was free but Ashley won't pay those wages.

I reckon we will put in a bid for Moussa Sissoko and Douglas too since both contracts expire in the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement