Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Spot on it seems Bazual, Chelsea have denied any deal.

While it might seem daft to say so, especially consider he's our top goalscorer, I actually kind of want Ba to move on. Get rid of this constant speculation, and get Cissé back to his goalscoring best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Newcastle set to sign Debuchy. Will they play him on the right or pass, Debuchy on the left hand side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Doocey wrote: »

While it might seem daft to say so, especially consider he's our top goalscorer, I actually kind of want Ba to move on. Get rid of this constant speculation, and get Cissé back to his goalscoring best.

This is my feeling on it as well. He's off either way, hopefully at the start of the window and not the end. If he's replaced, I won't be that sorry to see him go. Cisse played through the middle with a more suitable player either side of him will benefit our team more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

This is my feeling on it as well. He's off either way, hopefully at the start of the window and not the end. If he's replaced, I won't be that sorry to see him go. Cisse played through the middle with a more suitable player either side of him will benefit our team more.

To be honest i hope he stays and signs a new contract, i would love to see benny and a new winger(signed this window) either side of ba with cisse as a backup. Ba gets goals cisse hopefully will too but to be fair ba is proven where cisse showed some great stuff last year but right now i feel ba is our best option. playing cisse at right wing leaves us unbalanced and is really not his position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Quick fantasy football related question for ye, do ye reckon Marveaux will keep his place in the side? Have to say he has been very impressive when I have seen him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hopefully, other than HBA he is our most creative player. That was some assist for the second Ba goal.

Has anyone else noticed Obertans crosses have improved lately? If he starts getting that part of his game right he'll be very important as he has a great first touch and the ball sticks to his feet.

Reports that Debuchy is on Tyneside today. Badly needed, as Simpson has being ruled out for the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

http://www.nufc.co.u...2281670_3024928

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

http://www.nufc.co.u...2281670_3024928

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

I honestly hope this goes through so we can just move on. It's getting tiring.

I honestly hope this goes through so we can just move on. It's getting tiring.

I hope they replace him this month but thats probably unlikely to happen, shola and cisse until the summer is most likely

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    I hope they replace him this month but thats probably unlikely to happen, shola and cisse until the summer is most likely

Not replacing him this window would be criminal, given our league position.
    Nothing would surprise me though.

If Pardew starts Shola up top tonight and Cisse still pushed out wide, I will cry :)

If Pardew starts Shola up top tonight and Cisse still pushed out wide, I will cry :)

lol not sure shola is fit enough to start especially as a lone striker type, even if cisse is on the wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I would say its only a matter of time before Andy is back with you guys.

And no matter the fee (no more than the £12mil we paid for Sturridge I would say) it will be a great deal for ya's ...sure you practically built a team out of the £35mil yis bastards :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

If Cisse was to get injured,it would be a travesty. Not like the 2011 season when we lost Carroll,at least we could rely on people like Nolan and even Barton to pop up with goals and Leon Best of course,I miss him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Leiva wrote: »
    I would say its only a matter of time before Andy is back with you guys.

And no matter the fee (no more than the £12mil we paid for Sturridge I would say) it will be a great deal for ya's ...sure you practically built a team out of the £35mil yis bastards :p.
    At the minute,I'd certainly welcome back the big man with open arms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

dissapointed with Ba going to Chelsea, its practically a done deal as Ba has been left out of the game tonight vs Everton, but happy the saga is finally nearly over

Hopefully Cisse will be back into his preferred position now and get back into form

please god get a decent replacement in during this transfer window, i just dont have faith in the Ameobi brothers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I know its strange but I honestly don't think the Ba deal will go through. Have a sneaky suspicion about agents fees and wages and contract length and medical issues all coming into play here. Will be interesting to see how we get on tonight without him, looks like Shola is a straight swap for Ba, great to see Anita back, he has improved greatly over the past few months and can only get better.

Krul; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan; Shola Ameobi.

Subs bench Elliot, Ferguson, Tavernier, Abeid, Bigirimana, Sammy Ameobi, Ranger.

u could be on that irish physics thing lad :)

Debuchy at the game supposedly, possibly being presented before the game. If he hasnt signed yet I don't think its a good idea letting him watch us first at the moment, he might get on his bike down to London with Demba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Guessing cisse will do knee ligaments tonight

A_oSWDMCYAI4dSw.jpg

Stuck a tenner on Shola to score first @ 9/1. Come on the TOON!!!!!!

bazual wrote: »
    Stuck a tenner on Shola to score first @ 9/1. Come on the TOON!!!!!!

Screw my tenner, come on Cisse!!!!!!! 1-0

Obertan having a stormer so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

hes looking lively alright, we are a bit unsteady now though. need slow it down and just hold onto the ball and stop rushing around with passes

• Advertisement

Tiote = liability, should be on a yellow by now. 2/3 reckless ones so far.

In fairness a draw is the right result so far. we need to pick it up in second half.

gotta say im happy enough goin in level although i really do think it was a peno, would have been a bit soft but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

1-1 at half time is propably fair. Just a killer to concede just before the half from a very soft free kick.

Decent performance so far. Have had some good spells, with Obertan and Santon proving dangerous on the left. We look good when in possession, so would like to see the defense trying to work it from the back rather than hitting long as much as they have.

Bye bye Debuchy. Supporting this club causes stress and anxiety and surely will result in an early grave.

• Advertisement

Pardew you are an idiot. Shocking substitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pardew you are an idiot. Shocking substitution.

You lot said this a week or so ago and the person he brought on scored the equaliser.

Not watching anyway, what is the substitution he made?

Paully D wrote: »

You lot said this a week or so ago and the person he brought on scored the equaliser.

Not watching anyway, what is the substitution he made?

Bigi for Obertan when we need to score.

Should be all square. Santon should have passed to Cisse there. Not meant to be.

I dont think I have ever wanted to **** something at the tv so much in my life. Shower of absolute wasters. Sell them all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Should be all square. Santon should have passed to Cisse there. Not meant to be.

That was the chance. Another hard working display with noting to show for it. Quality just not there.

Very poor performance tonight.
    Santon had a mare, Williamson pretty poor again.

NEVER a foul for Baines freekick, but Everton were the much better side anyway.

Concentrate on getting a new CB this January please lads.

QPR won as well, even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Would have been a different game if we didnt concede before half time.... silly free kick to give away and we got punished. But thats been the story of the season so far

This time last year we were lucky in games, winning 1-0 etc, krul making saves, opponets missing chances this year we cant buy a win, always making hard work for ourselves, were our own worst enemy.

The worst thing we could do is make a knee-jerk reaction and start calling for the manager...the squad is stretched to the limits, we need a new CB asap, williamson is a liability, fringe player at best,

at least 3 players needed over the next few weeks.

Starting to get worrying now tbh. Thankfully, there are some awful teams in the bottom half this year.

Still think QPR, Reading and the Saints will go down.

Pathetic again from nufc. Santon, tiote perch, willo , shola, all a complete waste.of space. The subs from pardew also bizzare. Its becoming clear, if it wasn't already that pardew has lost the plot. Our continued long ball tactics and the huge gap between MF and the defenders, coupled with our pathetic record from set pieces (1 goal in 300 corners now where a collection of statues would probably double that count).

I'm sick of the performances
    I'm sick of the tactical gaffes
    I'm sick of the bizzare subs
    I'm sick of the fact almost every player is making basic errors on a regular basis
    I'm sick of us playing a certain way to keep ba happy

We need a strong and tactically astute manager or we are going down. Forget signing new players. Our problems are so abundant the finger has to be pointed at the manager. 8 year contract, your having a laugh

• Advertisement

My hope for the team in Mid February but we still end up with Pardew and his sh1t long ball tactics.

Krul

--Debuchy
    Colo
    Douglas----Santon---

Anita
    Tiote

Cabaye

HBA
    Jonas

Remy

Subs: Cisse, Marv, Ameobi x2, Elliot, Bigi, Saylor

My hope for the team in Mid February but we still end up with Pardew and his sh1t long ball tactics.

Krul

--Debuchy
    Colo
    Douglas----Santon---

Anita
    Tiote

Cabaye

HBA
    Jonas

Remy

I would be happy with that except for guti, has anyone else noticed how much better weve been without him?

M5 wrote: »
    Pathetic again from nufc. Santon, tiote perch, willo , shola, all a complete waste.of space. The subs from pardew also bizzare. Its becoming clear, if it wasn't already that pardew has lost the plot. Our continued long ball tactics and the huge gap between MF and the defenders, coupled with our pathetic record from set pieces (1 goal in 300 corners now where a collection of statues would probably double that count).

I'm sick of the performances
    I'm sick of the tactical gaffes
    I'm sick of the bizzare subs
    I'm sick of the fact almost every player is making basic errors on a regular basis
    I'm sick of us playing a certain way to keep ba happy

We need a strong and tactically astute manager or we are going down. Forget signing new players. Our problems are so abundant the finger has to be pointed at the manager. 8 year contract, your having a laugh

Ease off the sauce man :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

No chance of yous going down, 5 teams below are all far worse. Actually dont know how Sunderland are above Newcastle, because they are pish too. At the same time this season has been a disaster no two ways about it. Pardew is an oddball but he clearly has no control of transfers. Need to spend big money now I think, Sturridge would have been good signing.

Krul

--Debuchy
    Colo
    Douglas----Santon---

Anita
    Tiote

Cabaye

HBA
    Jonas

Remy

Cisse will score goals when played as the central striker, especially with HBA and Yohan in the team, and he is a far better goal scorer than Remy. Cisse should be our number 9 and Remy playing wide left in place of Jonas imo.

DB10 wrote: »
    No chance of yous going down, 5 teams below are all far worse.

9 defeats in 11 games is relegation form. I still don't think we will go down, but something needs to change soon.

Cisse is top class striker, winger no. Dont know what Pardew has him on the wing for.

Newcastle should sign Remy or whoever to replace Ba, and play 442 IMO.

9 defeats in 11 games is relegation form. I still don't think we will go down, but something needs to change soon.

I agree its not good enough, I still think yous will get enough points to stay up too much quality compared to the other dross. At the same time a relegation battle is not good enough change must happen after this season.

Doocey wrote: »
    Ease off the sauce man :pac:

Doocey we have been dross since the middle of March last year. A couple of freak goals papered over the already showing cracks. We did not address the obvious frailties with our squad or our predictability over the summer either. I have bit my lip so far but its the worst run I have seen in 20 years or so compounded by the fact we have a reasonable squad of play players

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    Doocey we have been dross since the middle of March last year. A couple of freak goals papered over the already showing cracks. We did not address the obvious frailties with our squad or our predictability over the summer either. I have bit my lip so far but its the worst run I have seen in 20 years or so compounded by the fact we have a reasonable squad of play players

Yeah, that's fair enough but we're definitely not one of the three worst teams in the league.

Sunderland, QPR, Villa, Reading are just four teams that are of worse standard to us.

Ba's departure will only benefit us. The return of HBA, Cabaye, Taylor will help us rivet into form. That's not even mentioning Debuchy though. AND if we can get a CB in then we'll have done brilliantly.

Our forward line is fine as is, there's goals in them, but its the defence that needs sprucing up. Simpson in talks with West Ham AFAIK so Tavernier will be back-up.

If we get relegated this season I'll emigrate to North Korea.

Keep the faith.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement