Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Arsenal and Spurs in for Barton supposedly! Wonder where balancing the books has gone to now??? We could clearly get 4/5 million at worst for Barton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Doocey wrote: »
    Great for Sunderland fans to watch on though I suppose...

It is, but it's inevitable that you'll win at least one of the derbies and will be challenging with us for the top 10 regardless of all this IMO so you won't catch me gloating as no doubt it would come back to bite me.

Newcastle United decided to place their troublesome midfielder, Joey Barton, on the transfer list following a dressing-room bust-up with manager Alan Pardew after Sunday's friendly defeat at Leeds.

Barton is understood to have vented his anger at team-mates and Pardew after a poor Newcastle United performance at Elland Road, swearing and shouting at them before storming out of the dressing-room and onto the team coach.

Once on board, he aggravated a combustible situation by hinting, on Twitter, at widespread dressing-room discontent at the direction in which the club is heading and warning of an impending relegation battle.

Newcastle responded by placing the midfielder on the transfer list and telling him he could negotiate a free move to another club.

Barton last night responded by insisting he wants to stay at St James' Park for the remaining year of his contract despite the hostility between him and the club's hierarchy.

Quite where that leaves Pardew remains to be seen. Barton was one of his best players last season, but he admits he is difficult to manage and this latest twist will not make him any easier to control.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8675305/Newcastle-United-release-Joey-Barton-after-midfielder-launches-Twitter-trade-against-club.html

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

This is an big unwanted distraction just before the prem starts,I don't care what anyone says,if Enrique and Barton leave,we'll be doing very well if we stay up again,I'd happily take 17th place in the prem this year.We've lost Nolan and will lose Barton,two leaders and two of our best footballers last yr over silly contract policies that the owners have here,they fought tooth and nail for the club last yr,something i can't see danny guthrie or dan gosling doing,fair enough Enrique wants to leave because of money but he should do the club and us a favour and just put in a transfer request and leave asap so we can get ourselves a new left back......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Seannew1 wrote: »
    This is an big unwanted distraction just before the prem starts,I don't care what anyone says,if Enrique and Barton leave,we'll be doing very well if we stay up again,I'd happily take 17th place in the prem this year.We've lost Nolan and will lose Barton,two leaders and two of our best footballers last yr over silly contract policies that the owners have here,they fought tooth and nail for the club last yr,something i can't see danny guthrie or dan gosling doing,fair enough Enrique wants to leave because of money but he should do the club and us a favour and just put in a transfer request and leave asap so we can get ourselves a new left back......

We wont sign a new left back, but instead get to enjoy the comical defending of James Perch.

What really worries me is that we already had a thread bare squad. And yet we are depleting it even further. I mean Marveaux is supposedly injury prone, as it Demba Ba, Ben Arfa hasn't shown he can stay fit, nor has Dan Gosling, Shola is bound to get injured for at least a month along with Steven Taylor, so if these injuries stack up at a specific period, then where does it leave us?

This pre-season is going from bad to worse and I honestly I'm sick of listening to Alan Pardew talking bollocks and being the public mouthpiece of the ***** running the club.

M5 wrote: »

In fairness,the players deserved a fair going over after that performance,at least we have a player who has a go at the players when we haven't played well,bit like the incident back in leyton orient in 2009,couldn't see Coloccini doing that tbh

TaosHum wrote: »
    We wont sign a new left back, but instead get to enjoy the comical defending of James Perch.

your right there,heard a mention wayne bridge is first choice if Enrique,sorry when Enrique leaves,can't for the life of me see the fat controller sign a 30 yr old.

your right there,heard a mention wayne bridge is first choice if Enrique,sorry when Enrique leaves,can't for the life of me see the fat controller sign a 30 yr old.

Surely there's no chance Ashley would give Bridge anything near the £80,000 a week he's on at Manchester City? That, along with his age, goes completely against the transfer policy these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I have to admit to being very surprised to read about Barton being released as I had no idea he was back in prison!

• Advertisement

In fairness,the players deserved a fair going over after that performance,at least we have a player who has a go at the players when we haven't played well,bit like the incident back in leyton orient in 2009,couldn't see Coloccini doing that tbh

You can't have a go at the manager though, or storm off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Joeys Tweets this morning, its just a matter of time really.
    In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    Made to train alone today, how predictable.........

TaosHum wrote: »

What really worries me is that we already had a thread bare squad. And yet we are depleting it even further. I mean Marveaux is supposedly injury prone, as it Demba Ba, Ben Arfa hasn't shown he can stay fit, nor has Dan Gosling, Shola is bound to get injured for at least a month along with Steven Taylor, so if these injuries stack up at a specific period, then where does it leave us?

This pre-season is going from bad to worse and I honestly I'm sick of listening to Alan Pardew talking bollocks and being the public mouthpiece of the ***** running the club.

Not to mention the squad is considerably weaker than what it was from last year,when the Arsenal come to town i'd like to see us line out something like this.......
    4-4-2
    Harper
    Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique(if he's still here)
    Jonas Tiote Cabaye Marveaux
    Ba Ameobi

Bench: Krul,Tavernier,Gosling,smith,vucknic,Lovenkrands,abeid

Apart from Krul/Gosling,thats a very weak bench,Tavernier,vucknic,abeid have potential but too young.

Luke Edwards of The Telegraph has posted on Twitter that he hears Newcastle are close to agreeing a fee with a club about the sale of Enrique. He presumes it's Liverpool but thinks Chelsea might well be interested too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could it be that Ashley is asset stipping? Selling players and pocketing the money himself, or are there rules in place to prevent this?

Could it be that Ashley is asset stipping? Selling players and pocketing the money himself, or are there rules in place to prevent this?

He's put (well, technically loaned) over £100m of his own money into the club and now he wants it back. There's no rules to prevent him giving them that money and there's no rules to prevent him getting it back either.

In fairness to him, despite some of the crazy decisions he has made, he has got them back on a much sounder financial footing to the state he inherited them in in 2007.

It's bad news for the Newcastle fans but he's now fully entitled to look for that money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

can we not go one season without major controversy? Fúcksake......

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Harper
    Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique(if he's still here)
    Jonas Tiote Cabaye Marveaux
    Ba Ameobi

Bench: Krul,Tavernier,Gosling,smith,vucknic,Lovenkrands,abeid

Missing Williamson there Sean, talk of him getting a game tonight which is going to be a full stength team according to Pardew so might get an idea what team he will play against Arsenal. Could Taylor play LB if we were stuck without Enrique..

I would be tempted to play Vucknic just behind Ba , have him dropping into midfield, especially against the Arsenal midfield, or start Lovenkrands.. Ba and Ameobi are too similar..

Start of the season is 11 days away and there will could be changes in both starting teams tho.. Nasri/Fabregas and J.Enrique could be gone/ Barton could be still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

gav86 wrote: »
    full stength team

Scrap that, here is the squad;
    Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, James Tavernier, Mehdi Abeid, Mike Williamson, Paul Dummett, Michael Richardson, Alan Smith, Nile Ranger, Haris Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi, Fraser Forster, Jeff Henderson, Ryan Donaldson, Phil Airey, Greg McDermott, Yven Moyo, Patrick Nzuzi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Joey Barton is some f*ckin tool for making himself a martyr out of all of this.

He did all of that twitter ****e for his own perogative. It was better for his career to leave this Summer on a free while looking like a hero rather than wait 12 months after playing in a poor Toon side.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Joey Barton is some f*ckin tool for making himself a martyr out of all of this.

Correct, but that's all he wanted.

http://www.nme.com/news/tabloid-hell/56824
    Newcastle FC midfielder Joey Barton has looked to the world of music to get his public perception sorted out – by hiring Vampire Weekend's manager for an image overhaul.

The controversial midfielder is known for his brushes with the law, and was jailed in 2008 for assault. But according to The Sun today (May 23) he has enlisted music manager Ian Montone to help get rid of his bad boy image after meeting him at Vampire Weekend gigs.

The newspaper quotes a source as saying: "Joey realises his past is nothing to be proud of. And he insists he is now a changed man. By getting Ian on board he wants the world to know. He is really dedicated to music. He'd much rather go to a gig in a sweaty little venue than go to the kind of cheesy over-priced clubs most of the Premier League players prefer."

Aparrently Montone has "agreed to use his muscle to try and sort out his image." Beginning with nicely-placed stories in the tabloids about how he's a changed man who loves indie music, we presume.

Joining Twitter will have been a calculated move, along with his outbursts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That sounds like absolute bollox of the most extraordinary degree.

Disregarding the source (which should be enough to know the story is rubbish), why hire a music manager as opposed to a PR consultant, makes no ****ing sense whatsoever. Unless he wants to start a boyband, or gigging or something. LoL. **** me. Unreal.

That's actually one of my favourite ****e tabloid stories of all time-thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I fully back Joey Barton in this one.
    I think he has changed as a person - but let's get one thing straight: he still has anger issues - and always will have, he admits that all the time.

I think Twitter brought to light that Barton wasn't a stupid thug like people thought he might be. What I gather from all his Tweets, (and I've been following him since the day he setup his account) - he's a very intelligent lad.
    He'll forever have the 'badboy' image following him but he has matured and is continuing to do so.

As regards his outburts - I'm glad someone is shedding the light on it because the board are doing sweet fook all.

Keegan brought them to court and they were found guilty of continually lying, and misleading the fans of this club with their statements.
    I believe very little that anyone at the club says anymore - even Alan Pardew.

The manager doesn't have control of this team - he is the face of a ridiculously inept ownership that is slowly but surely dismantling a side that were regaining the spirit of teams of gone-by. he controls the team that is put out on match days. Graham Carr has part control over who arrives - they seem to respect him somewhat, based on his stunning find in Cheik Tioté.

Joey is right to tell us what's going on at this club, as is Jose - although there's a huge difference: Jose is desperate to leave St.James' Park, Joey had no intention of leaving at all.

None of this comes as a surprise to me though in all honesty.
    New owners are needed - but they won't arrive. We'll be facing a battle this season: it all comes down to who we bring in in the next 4 weeks - if we bring in anyone at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Fined 2 weeks wages.Reminds me off Championship manager where ya couldnt get rid of a player so you would fine him to make him unhappy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The really sad thing about all of this, is that Barton has been the only person at the club who has communicated with fans on a regular basis for 3 years.

Anyone else bored of the Joey Barton/Jose Enrique positions, I preferred when we were linked with players that we had no chance of getting rather than keep hearing about this crap.

Get in Sturridge on loan and Barnetta, M’Bengue and Long on permanents for fcek sake and lets start the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Unless something drastic happens regarding players in, I think we will be starting the season, yet again, with a wafer thin squad. Except this time it is full of injury prone players!! I dont really fancy our chances of staying up to be honest. Morale in the dressing room must be rock bottom!!

Mark Douglas says Newcastle have a replacement for Barton lined up. I'd presume it's Barnetta given that he was talking about him a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Why doesn't Ashley just put the club up for sale and recoup whatever he can? I mean it's just asking for trouble to sell three of your best players (Barton, Nolan, Enrique) and expect to compete this season.

It's funny how Newcastle come out with a statement saying Barton and Newcastle will be making no further comment on the players future,half an hour before Alan Pardew is due for a meeting with the press................

INteresting interview from Alan Pardew.
    Perhaps all is not lost with Joey Barton afterall.

INteresting Tweet from Joey there too:
    Does anybody have Isambard Kingdom Brunel's number?

As for Barnetta - apparently £40,000 a week is a derisory offer. Take it or lump it lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

As a liverpool fan i was delighted at us getting carroll and knew yous must have been gutted, and now with us hopefully (sorry) maybe getting enrique i feel the exact same way and yous must too,

last 8 months you've lost/losing Carroll, Enrique, Nolan, Barton...

and Ba and marveux and the only real signings you've made. i can see why some of your players are becoming disheartened

Doocey wrote: »
    As for Barnetta - apparently £40,000 a week is a derisory offer. Take it or lump it lad.

Barnetta's taking the piss like. The days of Newcastle paying over the odds on wages are well and truly over, and rightly so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Lads ya are a club with massive potential. Its a sad thing that ye have such a f*cker of an owner.

however, I will say this. Losing Nolan and Barton and possibly Enrique is not necessarily a bad thing.

Marveaux will be a good player for ye, excellent potential. A fit Ben Arfa would be a great addition to any of the top sides, Shane Ferguson will prove to be a more than worthy replacement for Enrique.

And most importantly, ye have signed a superb player in Yohan Cabaye. He will be a MASSIVE player for ye. I really cannot stress that enough, its a huge coup.

Himself and Tiote in central midfield is mouth watering in fact.

Potentially a huge upgrade on Nolan.

Quiet Ashley Deserves Credit:
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.'' - Mark Twain

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley doesn't have a Twitter account but, if he did, it's fair to presume it might be the famous words of the author of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn that he would be quickest to retweet. Ashley would be applying the maxim to himself, of course, although perhaps he wouldn't be too disappointed if any followers misinterpreted the 'keeping your mouth shut' bit to refer to a certain Joey Barton.

The two have been involved in a high profile spat in recent days that only one has actually publicly engaged in; Barton using the increasingly popular social networking site to garner general support for his plight with a mix of insightful tweets and curious philosophical musings. Ashley, meanwhile, hasn't responded in any personal capacity, and has simply made the player available on a free transfer through the medium of a club statement.

For that, he has been widely pilloried. Barton might be a historically unsavoury character who has seemingly cleaned up his act in recent times, but the mere fact he is talking and his nemeses (included manager Alan Pardew in that group) are not, seems to have garnered him the verdict he is after in the court of public opinion.

Then again, Ashley was hated long before Barton started tailoring his thoughts to a 140-character limit, so maybe he isn't the big winner he appears to think he is. Ashley has never been a man interested in going out of his way to alter the public perception of him. Bar one interview when he bought the club - a 1,644-word statement when his popularity was at its absolute nadir - and a brief update when promotion back to the Premier League was secured, Ashley has steered well clear of any comments that can be directly attributed to him.

That leaves a vacuum others have moved to fill, not that he has been overly concerned. The media can write what they want about him and, well, if the public choose to believe it, then that is just their prerogative.

He can afford to adopt that approach, though, primarily because he is an incredibly successful businessman. Lord Alan Sugar (net worth: £770 million according to this year's Sunday Times Rich List) might be perceived as one of Britain's businesses tycoons as a result of his role on The Apprentice, but Ashley is younger, equally self-made and almost twice as rich (£1.26 billion) - not to mention prospering far more in this recession than his lauded contemporary.

Such a Midas touch hasn't entirely transferred itself to football, but a litany of well-documented debacles since buying the club in 2007 (sacking Sam Allardyce, hiring Dennis Wise, sacking Kevin Keegan, hiring an ill Joe Kinnear, tastelessly rebranding the stadium, seeing the club relegated) obscures the good work that appears to have been done more recently.

If the responsibility for relegation fell at his door, then it is only fair that some of the credit for their immediate promotion does too, whether or not he has gone out of his way to claim it.

Prior to the Barton saga, Ashley's most notable decision was the sale of Andy Carroll - but few can seriously argue that £35 million wasn't a Godfather offer, even for a home-grown crowd favourite.

Before that though, Ashley faced what was, at best, some serious second guessing and at worst outright derision for his decision to sack manager Chris Hughton (who, incidentally, was able to take most of the credit for the Championship title win as Ashley remained firmly in the shadows) and replace him with Alan Pardew when Newcastle were just clear of the relegation zone after a solid start on their return to the Premier League.

Critics were quick to say Ashley was unnecessarily meddling with a previously successful formula. Equally, however, he could be said to have acted quickly to deal with a slowly-emerging problem before it became too late. Whichever is true, history has shown there shouldn't have been such a rush to condemn what now looks an incredibly proactive piece of leadership.

Back in 2008, when Ashley sacked Kevin Keegan and his popularity with the fans got to a level that became almost untenable, he underlined his transfer ethos in one of the few public comments he has made about the club.

"My plan and my strategy for Newcastle is different. It has to be," Ashley said in a statement. "Arsenal is the shining example in England of a sustainable business model. It takes time. Newcastle has therefore set up an extensive scouting system. We look for young players, for players in foreign leagues who everyone does not know about. We search high and low looking for value, for potential that we can bring on and for players who will allow Newcastle to compete at the very highest level but who don't cost the earth."

Barton himself is a great example of the policy - the club getting at least two productive seasons out of a player everyone else had previously written off. Barton is happy to perpetuate the idea that he has done the club a great service but in reality the opposite is true - Newcastle kept his career alive after his most serious run-in with the law. Now he is no longer repaying their faith, indeed actively throwing it back in their face, they have every right to dispose of him.

There is talk about the transfer fee that the club are forgoing in their desperation to offload Barton, but that too doesn't stand up to much scrutiny. If the club were happy to let the 29-year-old (on £60,000-a-week) leave on a free next year, then logic holds that they are prepared to do so this summer as well. Considering his contract status, ability and age, Barton might command between £2-5 million on the open market, but the club would already be saving just north of £3 million in wages if he departs right now, not to mention 12 months without a disruptive presence in their midst.

Sentimentality is for fans; pragmatism is for those who control the chequebook. If Ashley and his confidantes don't believe Barton offers continued value at the terms he is demanding; well, that's their right.

Top scorer Kevin Nolan, too, fell victim to this and was replaced by Yohan Cabaye. The French international, who has a track record of both goals and assists along with defensive diligence, has joined as Nolan's de facto replacement - ensuring the club have transplanted a younger, more talented and equally versatile player into the midfield at no overall financial cost (the transfer fee may be marginally higher, but the wages are almost certainly not).

Elsewhere, there is hope in youth. Talented French youngster Mehdi Abeid was acquired in the summer and looks primed to flourish, while the likes of Haris Vuckic, Shane Ferguson (after the faltering Nile Ranger experiment) and Tim Krul could be set for growing roles this season, while further reinforcements are still to come. Carroll may be gone, but then when has Arsene Wenger ever sold an authentically homegrown academy product for £35 million?

Yes, the squad still looks thin - Carroll should certainly have been replaced more adequately, not just with Demba Ba - and not all the recent youth punts have paid off. The US tour debacle (which saw Barton and Ranger embarrassingly denied visas) was another reminder that foot-in-mouth syndrome has not left Tyneside completely.

Jose Enrique's exit might see the club lose their best player for the second time in as many transfer windows, but the reported £8 million fee involved would represent decent business for a talented player who could have left the club while they were languishing in the Championship for a fraction of that.

Fans may also moan that all the Carroll money has not been reinvested (as was promised, albeit in the heat of the moment), but then again the club returned losses of nearly £70 million in the two seasons between 2008 and 2010. Presumably the fans also want European football, yet - under the soon-to-be-introduced UEFA Financial Fair Play rules - those figures would make them ineligible. Money has to be saved somewhere.

Ashley's controversies are quickly jumped upon, but any positive action slides under the radar. Least of all the fact it is down to him, and him alone, that the club is on any sort of financial footing. That's more than can be said of many clubs in the division, and it has come at a personal cost that makes the Carroll money look like a drop in the ocean.

"I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million in not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it," Ashley revealed three years ago, even before the financial hit of relegation was heading at him like a freight train. "The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees.

"I was left with a club that owed millions and part of whose future had been mortgaged. Unless I had come into the club then it might not have survived. Before I had spent a penny on wages or buying players Newcastle United had cost me more than a quarter of a billion pounds."

The mathematically astute will realise that's nearly 20% of Ashley's current net worth. That's a considerable commitment whoever you are. As of last summer "every effort will be made by the board to achieve a 'break even' financial situation by 2015", but in the meantime Ashley is plugging a lot of gaps.

Barton's case might have merit - then again it might not. But just because Ashley isn't arguing his case, does not mean he doesn't have one too.

Looks like we are signing Gabriel Obertan from Man Utd on a 5 year deal for £3 million quid.

I was a fan when I first saw him join united but he never really broke into the first team and when he played never looked great. All tricks but no end product, sound familiar to anyone? He is only 22 and French so fits the bill alright.

Obertan to Join Newcastle
    Newcastle agree 3m to sign Man Utd Flop
    Obertan to join Newcastle

You already have a player like him in Jonas IMO. Quick, gets down the line, but has little or no end product. Very average signing IMO, I'm sure Manchester United will be over the moon with getting back what they paid for him.

Like you say he's young so fits the bill, I presume it will also mean, because Obertan and Jonas can cover both wings, that Jonas (who'll be touching 30 when his current deal expires) will be sold next summer for a couple of million or let go for free the following season. That would fit with the current policy.

I have to say it wouldn't frighten me too much to see you going into the current season with Obertan and Jonas on the wings. There won't be much end product there at all IMO.

Now that I've said that cue both chipping in with 5-8 goals each and numerous assists :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Being linked with Keirrison. Have never seen him play, but he could be another Giovanni dos Santos by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭spudwiser

any streams for today?

Paully D wrote: »
    You already have a player like him in Jonas IMO. Quick, gets down the line, but has little or no end product. Very average signing IMO, I'm sure Manchester United will be over the moon with getting back what they paid for him.

Like you say he's young so fits the bill, I presume it will also mean, because Obertan and Jonas can cover both wings, that Jonas (who'll be touching 30 when his current deal expires) will be sold next summer for a couple of million or let go for free the following season. That would fit with the current policy.

I have to say it wouldn't frighten me too much to see you going into the current season with Obertan and Jonas on the wings. There won't be much end product there at all IMO.

Now that I've said that cue both chipping in with 5-8 goals each and numerous assists :pac:

Quite similar player yeah, but Jonas has improved an awful lot.
    Last season his crossing was very good and assisted quite a few goals, even scored a couple too - so a much improved player.

As for Obertan - can't go wrong for £3m, could be a good player.
    When he joined United I promised Red fans I know that he would become a top notch player - didn't happen :pac: YET! :D

• Advertisement

any streams for the game peeps?

Hmmmm, match abandoned!

Lols at the commentary:
    14min: The rain is getting heavier and heavier here, and shows no signs of letting up. There is a lot of surface water on the pitch although it is not yet affecting the roll of the ball due to the superb drainage here at St. James'.
    64min: But now, with the roll of the ball increasingly affected by this waterlogged pitch, Halsey calls off the game. It's a shame, but it was becoming a bit of a farce despite the best efforts of the players.

:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, match abandoned!

Lols at the commentary:

:rolleyes:

That has to be Lee Ryder :pac:

badinfluence.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

So Obertan and now Green?? This is starting to get laughable...

chimpo85 wrote: »
    So Obertan and now Green?? This is starting to get laughable...

Think you can consign that one to the recycle bin! Harper, Krill and Forster already digging for one place...

• Advertisement

Think you can consign that one to the recycle bin! Harper, Krill and Forster already digging for one place...

Harps is on the way out, he's not been his best over the last 2 seasons. And talks are that Forster would be heading to West Ham...

Krul has to be number one, with Forster on the bench if he'd accept that.

Don't get the hate towards Obertan. He's still young and has a lot to learn. Green.... Nah. Won't happen. It's not an area that we need strengthening in at all.

Don't even know where that rubbish was spouted from tbh.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Don't get the hate towards Obertan. He's still young and has a lot to learn. Green.... Nah. Won't happen. It's not an area that we need strengthening in at all.

Don't even know where that rubbish was spouted from tbh.

Have you not seen him play? Stone useless!! The Green thing was on SSN but theyre always spouting sh*te anyway!

chimpo85 wrote: »
    Have you not seen him play? Stone useless!! The Green thing was on SSN but theyre always spouting sh*te anyway!

He's shown glimpses of talent but with the right man management he could prove to be a very very good signing for us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement