Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

TaosHum wrote: »
    Think we need to start hitting it long abit more.

Get Mike Williamson up there!!!!

its the only way we will score by the looks of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I dont know what worse the ref or NUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Can't even string two passes together FFS.

more terrific defending from set pieces for Newcastle.

Have we created a chance yet?

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Ah fúck off Newcastle really, this is beyond a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Settles it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

speechless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Laughable.

• Advertisement

Comedy defending from mike "the wall" williamson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Don't know why I bother, not good for my health.

So it must be santons turn to get injured too? That would complete the entire outfield front ten

89 mins and 50 seconds on the clock, 2 nil and a man down and we create our first real chance from a ricochet...

Absolutely pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

We can concentrate on being relegated now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

how can they be so bad?

Also how does this Ranger lad pick up a salary every month? :confused:

• Advertisement

Would like to say it was a surprise but lets be honest the team is a shambles, i bleive some bookies had Brighton as favourites

thats 12 out of 14 LOST. Thats well well past alarm bells time.

we were even money to win OR draw before kickoff brighton were odds on to win.

That was basically our uefa cup team that played today and i foolishly thought they would give it a good go but we had absolutely no attacking threat at all,

where do we go from here? I really think its time to get rid of pardew,

who would replace him maybe ole gunnar solskjaer or gus poyet would be my choices

"Gareth Harrison ‏@truefaith1892
    Regardless of the starting line up there's no leadership, will to win, drive or clear tactical plan. Whose fault is that?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Poor showing from Pardew to go straight down the tunnel without shaking hands with Poyet. He could have at the very least gone over and applauded the excellent travelling support.

Paully D wrote: »
    Poor showing from Pardew to go straight down the tunnel without shaking hands with Poyet. He could have at the very least gone over and applauded the excellent travelling support.

no class at all, hopefully that will be his last game

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    we were even money to win OR draw before kickoff brighton were odds on to win.

That was basically our uefa cup team that played today and i foolishly thought they would give it a good go but we had absolutely no attacking threat at all,

where do we go from here? I really think its time to get rid of pardew,

who would replace him maybe ole gunnar solskjaer or gus poyet would be my choices

I don't agree, don't think that would help at the moment.

Very hollow excuses from Pardew. We were sh1te with our best players too. Sending off had no effect on the match either

Looks rattled, might be on his bike

I don't agree, don't think that would help at the moment.

lost 12 of 14 games can it get worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Yes. We could sack him, throw in a completely inexperienced manager like one you suggested and get relegated. Couple of signings, get our best players back, and we will get out of this.

When you look at the individual performances, the individual errors, the lack of spirit or fight its pretty clear the players have completely lost confidence. Pardews not doing anything for the payers or the tactics. His excuses are gettign worse and worse. We have being gettign progressively worse since Mid March and show no signs whatsoever of improving.

Its almost too late to do something now.

i dont think it is a reaction off the foot of a few bad results this has been a desperate season our 2 wins for example lets look at them.... a soft penalty against wigan i think thats agreed by everyone and what was a great strike by shola against qpr we were lucky to win those two games.
    Hughton was sacked because "he took the team as far as he could" were heading only 1 place with pardew,
    we are without ben arfa because he played him in a nothing game how much has that cost us?

As for pardews "experience" i think we all know that is getting teams relegated

what i am saying is that pardew is not the man to get us out of this or move us forward
    Yes. We could sack him, throw in a completely inexperienced manager like one you suggested and get relegated. Couple of signings, get our best players back, and we will get out of this.

Solskjær managed united reserves from 08 to jan 11 and has won the league in 2 consecutive seasons at molde since then, young fresh ideas, played at the top level, learned from the best its enough experience for me anyway
    and poyet has been with brighton since 09 who played some good stuff today and were tactically on a completely different planet to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Best result that could have happened today considering that was supposedly our best 11 available. Hopefully this will force Ashleys hand now to take the elastic band off the wallet and spend a few quid on some players. I seriously thought 2 or 3 players would suffice but now I think its 5 or 6 regardless of our injuries.

What have we learned today....
    Elliott was the best nufc player on the pitch.
    Santon is severely lacking confidence and seems to get worse every game, probably thinking to himself what the f am i doing here.
    Williamson is not even good enough for the championship.
    Perch is trying but is lacking quality and is a Steve Watson if ever I saw one, average at every position.
    Anita is like a poor mans Ramirez, runs around like a headless chicken and looks good on the eye when he does it but really brings nothing when you look at it.
    Bigi has potential but at the moment is careless in possession and is too worried about his haircut at the moment.
    Sammy Ameobi was atrocious today and does not seem interested, not someone you want to fight relegation, Duff springs to mind.
    Obertan, after having the best 15/20 mins in a newcastle shirt at the start of the Everton game he produced the worst 90 minutes I have seen in a newcastle short today. You would wonder why we got rid of Routledge for someone like him.
    The only time I noticed Abeid really is when he went in the book and what did Tavernier do today????
    As for Shola, he is a trier but not a world beater. Was silly today but don't really have a bad word to say about him considering what he has done for the club against the Mackems.

This is a team in need of serious investment, Debuchy must be wondering WTF!!!!

As for pardews "experience" i think we all know that is getting teams relegated

what i am saying is that pardew is not the man to get us out of this or move us forward

Solskjær managed united reserves from 08 to jan 11 and has won the league in 2 consecutive seasons at molde since then, young fresh ideas, played at the top level, learned from the best its enough experience for me anyway
    and poyet has been with brighton since 09 who played some good stuff today and were tactically on a completely different planet to us

That's very short sighted man. Reasons like "he managed united reserves" and "he has played at the top level" do not qualify him for the Newcastle job, particularly in the situation we are in now. Granted, he done well to win the Norwegian league, but he hasn't proven anything yet. Poyet has done a decent job at Brighton and has potential, but that's all it is right now, again, you would be mad in the head to hand him the Newcastle job right now.

Pardew saw West Ham threw their worst run of defeats in over 70 years, culminating with him being sacked that Christmas. They still got relegated.

He took over Charlton a few weeks later when they were in a similar situation to QPR right now, he actually improved them, but they still went down. Fair enough Charlton were crap the following year.

It's easy to be selective about what Poyet and Solskjær have done. You can do it with Pardew as well.

-Completely turned Reading around from a relegation battle to losing the play-off in his first season.
    -Obtained promotion with Reading the following season and went on to reach the play-offs again in the higher division.
    -Went to West Ham and reached the play-offs, lost, but got them promoted then the following season.
    -Finished 9th with the Hammers in their first season back and was a few seconds away from winning the FA Cup with them that season.
    -Took over at Southampton who had a 10 point deduction that year and nearly grabbed a play-off place.
    -Won the 2010 Football League Trophy with the Saints.
    -Guided Newcastle to 5th last season, got us back into Europe and was named manager of the year.

I don't like the long ball game more than anyone else, but I think he's trying to change it up the last while. Injuries have forced us back to it in the last 2 games with the likes of Shola and Ranger playing up top. Our primary concern now is getting our best players back on the field and getting some new faces in. Not replacing the manager with someone who has the potential to be good. That would be a far bigger risk than sticking with him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

What happened to last seasons team?

What happened to last seasons team?

No investment in key areas. Was as clear as day to most suporters we needed two full backs and a CB. Also injuries. Pretty much our entire first team bar Santon and Krul were out today. Been an injury blighted season too. Cabaye, tiote and colo have only played 1 game together. Third up bizzare long ball tactics and other oddities from Pardew.

• Advertisement

Top a da league :P

658zzk.jpg

It is actually agonizing to support us right now.

Horrid football, real lack of spirit and a manager that doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

We're a complete laughing stock right now. And I don't see it improving anytime soon.

Top a da league :P

658zzk.jpg

74 per game with 50% of the ball is 1.7 long balls per minute on it..... are you Wimbledon in disguise?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Putting today's shambles of a result aside,we need to look to the norwich game and get 3 points on the board quick,make absolutely no bones about it,we should be expecting 9 points from the next 3 games,6 or anything less and we are in serious serious trouble.If Pardew is to be believed we'll have Saylor,Cabaye and Gutierrez back but I assume the 3 of them will start on the bench??or is that even a risk in itself with the performances of Williamson,Perch and Obertan recently?

Also,is it realistic to think we'll have Remy on board by the nowich game??Ashley and Lambias seem to be bidding their time when it comes to this supposed new striker but surely we don't have time to be waiting around.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Putting today's shambles of a result aside,we need to look to the norwich game and get 3 points on the board quick,make absolutely no bones about it,we should be expecting 9 points from the next 3 games,6 or anything less and we are in serious serious trouble.If Pardew is to be believed we'll have Saylor,Cabaye and Gutierrez back but I assume the 3 of them will start on the bench??or is that even a risk in itself with the performances of Williamson,Perch and Obertan recently?

The only reason I've defended Pardew is down to the ridiculous amount of injuries.

If Taylor, Cabaye, Debuchy, Marveaux, Cisse, Colo, Anita, Santon all start against Norwhich, then playing long ball will be completely unacceptable, against a team which is far better than us in the air.

The back 4 might be looking a hell of a lot better for that game. Need 3 points.

The only reason I've defended Pardew is down to the ridiculous amount of injuries.

If Taylor, Cabaye, Debuchy, Marveaux, Cisse, Colo, Anita, Santon all start against Norwhich, then playing long ball will be completely unacceptable, against a team which is far better than us in the air.

The back 4 might be looking a hell of a lot better for that game. Need 3 points.

We have been abysmal even at full strength....

Pardew saw West Ham threw their worst run of defeats in over 70 years, culminating with him being sacked that Christmas. They still got relegated.

He took over Charlton a few weeks later when they were in a similar situation to QPR right now, he actually improved them, but they still went down. Fair enough Charlton were crap the following year.

It's easy to be selective about what Poyet and Solskjær have done. You can do it with Pardew as well.

-Completely turned Reading around from a relegation battle to losing the play-off in his first season.
    -Obtained promotion with Reading the following season and went on to reach the play-offs again in the higher division.
    -Went to West Ham and reached the play-offs, lost, but got them promoted then the following season.
    -Finished 9th with the Hammers in their first season back and was a few seconds away from winning the FA Cup with them that season.
    -Took over at Southampton who had a 10 point deduction that year and nearly grabbed a play-off place.
    -Won the 2010 Football League Trophy with the Saints.
    -Guided Newcastle to 5th last season, got us back into Europe and was named manager of the year.
    I agree pardew has more experience but most of those "achievements" are outside the premier league.
    I know injuries have devastated us but he persisted with 442 for the first 10/12 games of the season when we had a reasonably strong side. he seems tactically inept and totally out of his depth here.
    And its easy to blame mike ashley for not spending in the summer but the manager needs to say what he needs not be happy with what he gets! pardew is a yes man who always has an excuse, but with our recent run of form excuses are not good enough anymore.

all im saying is that with how things are going we will be lucky to get anything from norwich we should beat reading at home and villa is a toss of the coin, when do we sack him or do we hope for the best? maybe better to get rid now and give the new guy a decent chance whoever he may be

as for remy news has it that he will go to QPR for a nice big wage packet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Sacking Pardew would be ridiculous. This is the guy who nearly got us Champions League football last season, and the year before managed to reinvigorate a dressing room that went back out and completed the biggest comeback in Premier League history.

What manager would we get that could easily slot in with the current backroom staff/coaches? Ashley wouldn't be too keen on a big shuffle-up either.

I fully believe Alan Pardew is the man to lead this club for years to come.
    Williamson is awful, Taylor needs to come back ASAP. Debuchy will improve our organisation and outlet going forward; crossing etc.

We need a new CB as well, moreso than a forward. Would love Douglas/Tomkins.

If Remy goes to QPR that's fine, we'll pick him up for a reduced gee when they're in the Championship sext season.

The fact is though, the management are underperforming woefully and have been for some time. THAT is squarely Pardews fault.

1. Our inability to score from and defend set pieces.

2. Our style of play(hoofball).

3. A complete lack of defensive shape and orginisation

4. Players being played in incorrect positions.

5. A complete lack of belief and desire to win in more games then I can count this season.

He is to blame for all of that, him and his coaching staff.

I don't believe he should be sacked for the time being and he has earned enough goodwill to get a chance to fix these problems but i'm getting increasingly concerned at his ability to solve these problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The fact is though, the management are underperforming woefully and have been for some time. THAT is squarely Pardews fault.

1. Our inability to score from and defend set pieces.

2. Our style of play(hoofball).

3. A complete lack of defensive shape and orginisation

4. Players being played in incorrect positions.

5. A complete lack of belief and desire to win in more games then I can count this season.

I don't believe he should be sacked for the time being and he has earned enough goodwill to get a chance to fix these problems but i'm getting increasingly concerned at his ability to solve these problems.

So hard being an Ireland and Newcastle fan sometimes! The above could apply equally to both teams!

Doocey wrote: »
    I fully believe Alan Pardew is the man to lead this club for years to come.
    P W D L Win %
    Alan Pardew 9/12/2010 Present ______________ 97__ 35 30 32____ 36.08
    Chris Hughton 24 May 2009 6/12/2010 ________ 64 __38 11 15_____ 59.38
    Sam Allardyce 15 May 2007 9/1/2008 ________ 24__ 8 6 10_____ 33.33
    Glenn Roeder 2 /2/ 2006 6 /5/ 2007 __________ 72__ 33 15 24____ 45.83
    Graeme Souness 13/9 2004 2/2/2006 _________ 87__ 39 19 29____ 44.82

he is almost on par with sam jez glen roeder had a much better record than pardew. Really take us forward? I would love to see a stable manager and coaching setup at the club but we need someone who can do the job, plus colo reported to be looking out? the club captain and the main reason we finished where we did last season wants away, the dressing room is gone and things will not improve if we continue as we are

Norwich game is the biggest for the club in sometime, make no mistake.

Norwich game is the biggest for the club in sometime, make no mistake.

I know it's blasphemy, but I personally wouldn't begrudge Chris H a victory!

I know it's blasphemy, but I personally wouldn't begrudge Chris H a victory!
    Lol karma, destiny or irony u can almost guarantee paredw will lose his job to houghton as you would expect from us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hughton got a raw deal

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Hughton got a raw deal

I dont think anyone would deny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

I disagree with the points you have made against Pardew and his coaching team.

We are suffering badly from injuries, that is it. We didn't have near as many injuries last season, where did Pardew and his coaching team get us?.....On the verge of Champions League football.

I have added some comments beside your points raised, these are nearly all due to a massive injury list.

I also fear we are going to suffer again through Ashley in the transfer window! I hope I am wrong.

1. Our inability to score from and defend set pieces. (Pardew acknowledged this when trying to re-sign Andy Carroll. Douglas would be a good addition)

2. Our style of play(hoofball). (Williamson is playing due injuries)

3. A complete lack of defensive shape and orginisation (no solid back 4 due injuries)

4. Players being played in incorrect positions. (Due injuries)

5. A complete lack of belief and desire to win in more games then I can count this season. (Due injuries-playing kids in big games)

mayflyatr wrote: »
    I disagree with the points you have made against Pardew and his coaching team.

We are suffering badly from injuries, that is it. We didn't have near as many injuries last season, where did Pardew and his coaching team get us?.....On the verge of Champions League football.

I have added some comments beside your points raised, these are nearly all due to a massive injury list.

I also fear we are going to suffer again through Ashley in the transfer window! I hope I am wrong.

We have struggled this season at full strength. We struggled from March last year. Individual performances got us out of holes last year in spite of antiquated tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

But our squad has not stayed in tact to reverse the poor start. It has just snowballed through the mounting injuries.

I would happily have the top players back to show their individual class getting us out of holes.

Every team has a poor run if form in a season, more so outside if the top 6.

I think people are picking at anything they can at the moment, Pardew, tactics, coaching etc. We are the victims of bad luck with injuries and a penny pinching owner who failed to strengthen the squad last summer with a hard long season ahead with the Europa league.

I was amazed that Pardew had to convince Ashley to sign Debuchy aged 27, apparently there is a policy in place to sign players 25 or under. That will only go so far, great for the future but not for the situation we are in now.

M5 wrote: »

We have struggled this season at full strength. We struggled from March last year. Individual performances got us out of holes last year in spite of antiquated tactics

mayflyatr wrote: »
    But our squad has not stayed in tact to reverse the poor start. It has just snowballed through the mounting injuries.

I would happily have the top players back to show their individual class getting us out of holes.

Every team has a poor run if form in a season, more so outside if the top 6.

I think people are picking at anything they can at the moment, Pardew, tactics, coaching etc. We are the victims of bad luck with injuries and a penny pinching owner who failed to strengthen the squad last summer with a hard long season ahead with the Europa league.

I was amazed that Pardew had to convince Ashley to sign Debuchy aged 27, apparently there is a policy in place to sign players 25 or under. That will only go so far, great for the future but not for the situation we are in now.

there is no excuse for 11 losses from 14 (A crisis, not a bad run), 1 goal in over 300 corners, and leading the long ball league by quite a margin.

Yes we have been riddled with injuries, yeah we have a small squad but even will all assets available we have lost at home to WHU, scraped victories over WBA and lost heavily away on several occasions! The lack long ball tactics have been present for months even while at full stretch. The corners have been awful for over a year. Colocini, Tiote and Cabaye, some of the most composed players we have, have looked nervous and hurried, constantly looking for an opportunity to hoof it to a front two who are below average in the air. The treatment of Cisse while Pardew pandered to Ba who buggered off anyway. The list goes on and on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement