Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

M5 wrote: »
    Week old story, refuted by agent

I'd only noticed it when scanning through what's in tomorrows papers. The Independent seem to be pushing it mind, looks like there could well be something in it, especially with the row he had with Pardew becoming public knowledge.

No smoke without fire, as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Paully D wrote: »

I think you'll find that football transfer news is 99% smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I'd only noticed it when scanning through what's in tomorrows papers. The Independent seem to be pushing it mind, looks like there could well be something in it, especially with the row he had with Pardew becoming public knowledge.

Not seeing any mention from the usual itk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Talk of Coloccini going is growing, need an official statement from the club either way i think, would be a disaster altogether. Who could we replace him with?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/11/fabricio-coloccini-wants-to-quit-nufc-immediately-72703-32587976/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

gav86 wrote: »
    Talk of Coloccini going is growing, need an official statement from the club either way i think, would be a disaster altogether. Who could we replace him with?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/11/fabricio-coloccini-wants-to-quit-nufc-immediately-72703-32587976/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's as good as gone it looks. Absolute disaster if this happens.

Looks like we will lose out on Remy to Arsenal also.

• Advertisement

He signed a new 4 year deal last season. They can't afford his transfer fee or wages. I doubt he wants out so bad that he will walk away from 70k a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

gav86 wrote: »

Disaster alright,at least Ashley will get rid of the highest earner at the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I really dont think they allow collo to leave until summer at the earliest, to see him go now would be a complete disaster and we would have to bust the bank to bring in a top centre half, but would more than likely end up with tomkins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

If we sell two of our biggest players during a single transfer window - regardless of the circumstances - while we are in trouble and have a big injury list we are likely to be very close to being relegated and if it happens well we'll deserve it won't we. We need to keep Colo regardless and possibly add further to the squad too.

Not seeing any mention from the usual itk people.

More sources:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/newcastleunited

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260597/Fabricio-Coloccini-tells-Newcastle-wants-to-Argentina.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20985928

Definitely something in this with the amount of people reporting on it.

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored
    Fabricio Coloccini: Since Aug '10 Newcastle have averaged almost exactly the same points per PL game with Coloccini (1.36) as without (1.29)

• Advertisement

Seems there is definitely something in it all right, but I just can't see how he could leave in this window.

Newcastle aren't going to just let a player they paid 10 million for, head back to Argentina on the cheap, because he's homesick.

There's no way Lorenzo can afford him. Will he really walk away from a 3 million a year contract, which he signed only last season. That would be unbelievable.

One thing it does highlight is that our dressing room is not in a good place right now.

Seems there is definitely something in it all right, but I just can't see how he could leave in this window.

Newcastle aren't going to just let a player they paid 10 million for, head back to Argentina on the cheap, because he's homesick.

One thing it does highlight is that our dressing room is not in a good place right now.

colo has been in europe 12 years and 5 with us the homesick thing to me just doesnt add up. I think you hit the nail on the head about the dressing room maybe thats the real reason he wasts away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It would certainly explain his under par performances.

cadete wrote: »
    colo has been in europe 12 years and 5 with us the homesick thing to me just doesnt add up. I think you hit the nail on the head about the dressing room maybe thats the real reason he wasts away

You don't sign a long term deal either... something to this alright. Been some quotes for the last couple of days but looked like noise tbh

Top scorer and captain leave in a week not a nice prospect.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It would certainly explain his under par performances.
    It would also explain the distinct lack of leadership from him recently.He has been anything but a captain in the past few months,I remember when fans moaned that Michael Owen never spoke to the media during our relegation season but Coloccini hasn't spoken to the media since October which hardly reassures fans giving the terrible run we've been on,people like Kevin Nolan wouldn't have stood for this,he also doesn't seem to do that much talking on the pitch which I've always seen as slightly worrying.Still,he's a good player and I'd rather have him here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Big game tomorrow folks. We need a win badly, and with everything up in the air at the moment - we could well look back at this game as a turning point; either for the worst, or for the better.

HTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Doocey wrote: »
    Big game tomorrow folks. We need a win badly, and with everything up in the air at the moment - we could well look back at this game as a turning point; either for the worst, or for the better.

HTL.

In one way we may be better off Shola is suspended tomorrow as at least Cisse will get a run up front on his own tomorrow. What are we thinking for the line up.

Krul
    ----Debuchy
    Williamson
    Colo
    Santon----
    Tiote
    Perch

Marveaux
    Anita
    Jonas

Cisse

bazual wrote: »
    In one way we may be better off Shola is suspended tomorrow as at least Cisse will get a run up front on his own tomorrow. What are we thinking for the line up.

Krul
    ----Debuchy
    Williamson
    Colo
    Santon----
    Tiote
    Perch

Marveaux
    Anita
    Jonas

Cisse
    Is Tiote not off to the African Cup of Nations?? I'd say Bigirimana may get the shout,if not Obertan and throw Marveaux in the centre.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Is Tiote not off to the African Cup of Nations?? I'd say Bigirimana may get the shout,if not Obertan and throw Marveaux in the centre.

Yup, completely forgot about the ACON

Krul
    ----Debuchy
    Williamson
    Colo
    Santon----
    Bigi
    Perch

Marveaux
    Anita
    Jonas

Cisse

Would much prefer this though

Krul
    --Perch
    Willo
    Colo
    Jonas
    ---Debuchy
    Bigi
    Anita
    Santon

Marveaux

Cisse

Can't see us winning today with that midfield.

• Advertisement

RE: Remy

BAWvv8SCQAIDDFJ.jpg:large

Although Barton has said it so I'd expect him to sign for Newcastle ASAP :pac:

Is Remy even what we need right now. He's supposed to be bang out of form at the moment. Only played in 8 league games this season and not scored in any of them. Not the type of player you want coming into a relegation battle.

Yup, completely forgot about the ACON

Krul
    ----Debuchy
    Williamson
    Colo
    Santon----
    Bigi
    Perch

Marveaux
    Anita
    Jonas

Cisse

Would much prefer this though

Krul
    --Perch
    Willo
    Colo
    Jonas
    ---Debuchy
    Bigi
    Anita
    Santon

Marveaux

Cisse

A lot of papers forgot about it too! I think this may be a game for Obertan,if he shows a bit more passion than last week,he could be important,Norwich use the wide areas well to get the ball onto Grant Holt's head and Obertan and Gutierrez will give the full backs protection,then again,Obertan gave no protection for Brighton's first goal last week and was rubbish defensively against Arsenal so there's always that worry.

Is Remy even what we need right now. He's supposed to be bang out of form at the moment. Only played in 8 league games this season and not scored in any of them. Not the type of player you want coming into a relegation battle.
    Heard that myself,you never know with a new player,a new club gives some players a new lease of life or they could carry on their bad form,eg Torres and in his case get worse as a player!!

Starting line up for today:Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Perch, Anita; Obertan, Marveaux, Gutierrez; Cisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Newcastle United (4-2-3-1): Tim Krul; Mathieu Debuchy, Mike Williamson, Fabricio Coloccini (c), Davide Santon; James Perch, Vurnon Anita; Gabriel Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux, Jonas Gutierrez; Papiss Cisse

Substitutes: Steve Harper, James Tavernier, Gael Bigirimana, Yohan Cabaye, Romain Amalfitano, Sammy Ameobi, Nile Range

I totally forgot Amalfitano existed.

At least the line up is positive. If we played like we did against Everton or Man Utd then we have a chance. A brighton performance and its nothing.

Away win, Colo with a man of the match performance :mad:

Away win, Colo with a man of the match performance :mad:

With your predictions Paully we would be nearly top of the league now :pac:

• Advertisement

No Grant Holt for Norwich,slight advantage for us!

With your predictions Paully we would be nearly top of the league now :pac:

I'm not top of the Boards prediction league for no reason :pac:

Even teams this comes down to Pardew v Hughton and the tactics.

Piss poor so far. That gap between MF and defence is a chasm...

Our players ball control is shocking.

At least we are keeping the ball on the floor

Bloody hell cisse! Almost cost us a goal

Well done perchy

Bloody hell cisse! Almost cost us a goal

Well done perchy

Shocking ball from Perch to Cisse and Perch could have got back a hell of alot quicker than he did. Saved himself.

• Advertisement

Shocking ball from Perch to Cisse and Perch could have got back a hell of alot quicker than he did. Saved himself.
    Missed that. Cisses second touch is usually a header or a tackle recently.

Great to see Williamson teaching Debuchy how to hit a long ball.

Missed that. Cisses second touch is usually a header or a tackle recently.

Couldnt agree more, players around him don't know what he is going to do so its rare he gets a clean ball first time.

Williamson is an awful footballer.

Counted 5 long balls from Williamson between minutes 20 & 30. He is pure ****e, could have passed to Colo for at least 3 if not 4 of them.

• Advertisement

Our corners are actually getting worse. Wonder if we can hit the ton?

This is a great advertisement for Premier Sunday League football.

This is a great advertisement for Premier Sunday League football.
    Mucker football

terrible game to watch but were level on a plus, hopefully an early goal in the second half, at least we have cabs to come on if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That was totally unwatchable. Dreadful.

Mike Williamson is one of the worst footballers i've ever seen. Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, over and over.

A lot of nerves from both sides given recent form,i'd live to see Gutierrez have more runs against Martin,he seems like their weak link,like to see Marveaux more in the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Well that was awful. Norwich look very limited without Holt. One goal may be enough to win this.

Barely watching this. YLYL is far more entertaining

Barely watching this. YLYL is far more entertaining

terrible performance passing has been woeful and we dont look like we have a goal in us at all

Obertan is a complete waste of oxygen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement