Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

cadete wrote: »
    terrible performance passing has been woeful and we dont look like we have a goal in us at all

Cant remember us being this flat for so lon, even in relegation season there were some sparks of fight

Cometh the hour, cometh yohan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

great to see cabs back hopefully he will make a huge difference

Cabaye at least looking to play the ball into space. A huge proportion of our passes are to man, way to predictable. Pushed up a bit here, CAbaye looks to be playing in the hole

Yup we are going for broke

going for 1 nil norwich, holt 89

Lol, stepover by WIlliamson :eek:

Cisse looks to be moving into areas where he wont get the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

This is painful.

• Advertisement

JASIS! Well done Krul, should be a goal though. Once Colo is out of the game i have no confidence in whats left

Breaking news, Remy expected in newcastle early next week to finalise deal

M5 wrote: »

where did you hear this mate hope its true!

Bigi on for under par Anita

where did you hear this mate hope its true!

Lee Ryder on twitter initally

Source?

• Advertisement

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8392601?
    Sky Sports understands that Newcastle United are moving closer to signing Loic Remy from Marseille.

It is understood that Tottenham are ready to make a late move, but it seems that will be too late to stop Newcastle from finalising a deal.

Arsenal, Queens Park Rangers, Schalke and Napoli have all been looking at Remy in recent weeks - but it seems he is destined for St James' Park.

Newcastle have already landed Mathieu Debuchy from Ligue 1 this month, after signing him from Lille.

But, following Demba Ba's departure to Chelsea, and with captain Fabricio Coloccini looking to leave, Newcastle are desperate to reinforce their squad, which is also depleted with injuries.

The news that they are closing on French international striker Remy will be a huge boost to Newcastle and they are understood to be keen on wrapping up a deal before next weekend.

Well at least something happened DURING the match :)

cisse has looked terrible today off the pace taking up awful positions hopefully remy comes to help him out as we desperately need something

cisse has looked terrible today off the pace taking up awful positions hopefully remy comes to help him out as we desperately need something

AS i mentioned before he's running away from the ball. That said cant remember the last time we passed the ball into him inside the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Remember similar Sky reports about Luuk de Jong.

Probably a long way off a done deal yet with the amount of clubs still interested.

• Advertisement

Remember similar Sky reports about Luuk de Jong.

Probably a long way off a done deal yet with the amount of clubs still interested.

of course, its not done till its done. Some interesting wording in that article suggests they know something

Garbage

Utter Muck. We're in trouble big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Clean sheet. But that Norwich team were they for the taking today. We didn't have the gameplan or belief to get the 3 points. Unforgivable.

Reading......... fack

we need players, what we have are just not good enough. a point here is better than nothing but its not enough, we needed 3 points and in fairness we needed 9 from norwich reading and villa we are in big big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Is the Obertan chance the only time we tested their keeper??can't remember any other clear cut chances,this reading game is a big big 6 pointer for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cabaye is back soon, you'll start picking up more points once he comes back.

Paully D wrote: »
    Cabaye is back soon, you'll start picking up more points once he comes back.

Played today paully

Played today paully

Did he? Have to admit I didn't check, just seen he wasn't in the starting line up so presumed he didn't come on. How did he do? He's a fantastic player, once he gets back to 100% I think things will pick up for you.

• Advertisement

Did he? Have to admit I didn't check, just seen he wasn't in the starting line up so presumed he didn't come on. How did he do? He's a fantastic player, once he gets back to 100% I think things will pick up for you.

TBH paully he was rubbish before he got injured. Have not seen one performance this season from the team. Hopefully one or 2 players can get fit and find some form

Pardew downplayed Remy rumours in his interview....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How did Debuchy do today? I was considering him for my FF team - wish I had got him now - did he get forward much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

How did Debuchy do today? I was considering him for my FF team - wish I had got him now - did he get forward much?

Was ok for a debut I suppose, had him in my FF team, got booked so 5 points. He looked comfortable in possession and had a good positional sense, should be decent for us.

Pardew:
    “Coloccini was excellent today, of the center-backs on the pitch he was most assured.” “He gave us the calmness in the heat of battle and you need that.”

“We will speak to him this week and we will resolve that situation whether he is staying or going).” “We are pursuing three or four players and they all seem to be warming up a bit.”

“We need a bigger pool of players but coming here today was always going to be difficult.” We have repaid a little bit of the debt we had to our fans who made the trip to Brighton”.

I would stay away from any NUFC players for the moment. Every one way out of form

Pardew:

Oh FFS. Big pat on the back to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Joey Barton has just tweeted that his current team mate Loic Remy is on his way to you guys

greendom wrote: »
    Joey Barton has just tweeted that his current team mate Loic Remy is on his way to you guys

Yeah? Did he delete it after?

• Advertisement

Yeah? Did he delete it after?

No - not deleted

Good luck to Loic in Newcastle. Don't worry i've told him what to expect. Great guy. Perfect club for him. #toonarmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

No - not deleted

Good luck to Loic in Newcastle. Don't worry i've told him what to expect. Great guy. Perfect club for him. #toonarmy

Yup, If he does come I hope it works out. I was looking at some of the stats for him this season for Marseille, He has only started 3/4 games this season and when he starts thy pretty much lose. The only reason Marseille are where they are is because of their other striker Andre Pierre Gignac. If he is not getting a game for Marseille and only being used in the last 10 minutes of games I can't see what he is going to do for us. Hopefully its one of Graham Carr's wonder spots and he turns out to be a gem if he signs.

Barton - Remy joining Newcastle

Read a scouting report a few days ago from some French football ''expert'' that said he prefers to play as the central striker, so it looks like Pardew might have another headache trying to accommodate him and Cisse in the starting 11. Injury prone was also mentioned but I can't see that as he played 40 games in each of the last two seasons prior to this one.

However, he has a cracking record in fairness and I'd imagine the move away will do him the world of good. Deschamps left and they got on very well together which hasn't been the case with the new manager.

At £10m he isn't cheap but in fairness he had a 1 in 2 record over 80 games for the two seasons previous to this one. Worth a go I guess.

Read a scouting report a few days ago from some French football ''expert'' that said he prefers to play as the central striker, so it looks like Pardew might have another headache trying to accommodate him and Cisse in the starting 11..

But why accommodate either buy a decent left winger and use the in form 1 down the middle, pardew needs to do whats best for the team not whats best for cisse or remy or whoever may come in
    playing cisse on the right was a complete disaster and it unbalanced the whole side and left us very weak defensively down the right, pardew is the manager and needs to show leadership and show he is the man who calls the shots
    competition for 1 place up front between say cisse and remy can only be a good thing

Thats the same chap who said he was staying put last week....

long way to go in a transfer of a player who is returning from an injury!

As to how Pardew expects to fit him into the team, i'm at a loss. Cisse needs to be in the middle. As bad as he was at Norwich he's much much worse on the wing.

Thats the same chap who said he was staying put last week....

long way to go in a transfer of a player who is returning from an injury!

As to how Pardew expects to fit him into the team, i'm at a loss. Cisse needs to be in the middle. As bad as he was at Norwich he's much much worse on the wing.

Apparently he's just said goodbye to his team mates before the Sochaux game. He's a Toon player.

• Advertisement

If Pardew puts Cisse back out on the wing, then I've had enough of him tbh.

Pardew has destroyed him this season. Similar to what he was doing with Tevez before getting the chop from West Ham.

Interesting read: Link

If Pardew puts Cisse back out on the wing, then I've had enough of him tbh.

Pardew has destroyed him this season. Similar to what he was doing with Tevez before getting the chop from West Ham.

Interesting read: Link

Remy is very very quick - i'd imagine he'd be more likely to play wide if the 2 were playing together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Remy apparently flying to Newcastle right now. :)

"We have an agreement in principle with Newcastle, it is true," says Marseille president Vincent Labrune

Remy is very very quick - i'd imagine he'd be more likely to play wide if the 2 were playing together.

Hopefully! Even though he's quite a big name, I've not seen that much of him.

I'd like to see: Remy - Cisse - Ben Arfa as the front 3 with Cabaye behind Cisse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement