Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Whatever Pardew decides to do with him, someone had to come in and replace Ba. With Cisse dreadfully out of form and Amoebi as our only other striker, something had to be done.

Pardew could always go back to the 4-4-2 either, like he had the team at the start of last season.

Hopefully! Even though he's quite a big name, I've not seen that much of him.

I'd like to see: Remy - Cisse - Ben Arfa as the front 3 with Cabaye behind Cisse.

Team looks well balanced like that. I don't see it happening though as he wont drop Jonas. Think he will put Cabaye inton CM and play Ben Arfa just behind Cisse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Some amount of French players now. Let's just get Laurent Blanc in and build the French national team. :v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

TaosHum wrote: »
    Team looks well balanced like that. I don't see it happening though as he wont drop Jonas. Think he will put Cabaye inton CM and play Ben Arfa just behind Cisse.

We have looked exposed when playing 3 in mf this season. Our FB's have been caught out. Perhaps with debuchy and Santon playing in position we might be more able to utilise that formation

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I'm going to be the typical pessimistic newcastle fan and believe it when he actually signs and is in a newcastle shirt.I do think the signing will give us a lift.I'm heading over to the reading game this week and in fairness, we aren't looking in bad shape,Cabaye is due to start,Remy if signed should be on the bench,hopefully the Coloccini situation can be sorted this week and he'll stay,keep the faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Will be a NUFC player by Tuesday midday at the latest.

For £8.3m, it represents great business especially when you consider some of the deals that are/have gone through. (Sturridge).

Delighted to see we'll be lining up in the way most of us had hoped in a three man forward line. Pace, skill, flair and ability in all three with Cabaye and Tioté in behind supporting. Or Anita, either or.

Two French internationals for less than £14m, great value.

Need a couple of CB's now and we're sorted. How about Douglas for £3m and Mbiwa for £6m? Only can dream I suppose.

Be very surprised if we don't sign one ball playing defender this window though tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Doocey wrote: »
    Two French internationals for less than £14m, great value.

Need a couple of CB's now and we're sorted. How about Douglas for £3m and Mbiwa for £6m? Only can dream I suppose.

Be very surprised if we don't sign one ball playing defender this window though tbf.

badly need a defender i would much prefer mbiwa, young and supposedly really quick, and also can play anywhere across the back,

Anyone will be an improvement on Williamson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I dunno, rather Williamson than Neil Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Anyone will be an improvement on Williamson.

Don't start me on this guy. An absolute donkey.
    Got to get rid of him the summer to a Championship side.

Would suit Stoke for backup mind!

• Advertisement

Cisse

Remy
    Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote
    Anita

Santon---Colo---New CB--Debuchy

Krul

Not bad! :)

Cisse

Remy
    Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote
    Anita

Krul

Love it! Even Saylor in at CB would be grand (who is nearing fitness I believe.

Keeping Colo till at least the summer is the next matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Cisse

Remy
    Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote
    Anita

Krul

Love it alright but I do feel bad for Jonas, have a soft spot for him. If he was playing anything like he did last season he would be in the team above but has just been pure sh1te this season. He just doesn't have the pace anymore to take on players.

Interesting Remy article here, sounds a bit like HBA when he first came.

"leeRyder
    French sources suggesting that Loic Remy arrived in London - not Newcastle - last night ahead of talks and medical today

Late bid from QPR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

bazual wrote: »
    Love it alright but I do feel bad for Jonas, have a soft spot for him. If he was playing anything like he did last season he would be in the team above but has just been pure sh1te this season. He just doesn't have the pace anymore to take on players.

It's a real shame alright. I remember his debut against Man United on the opening day and he played a stormer. Since that very first match he's been one of my favourite players and I'm sad to see him in such bad form this season.

He seems to play better when he has a point to prove and perhaps, now with some competition for his position, he will bounce back.

@lee_ryder
    French sources saying that Loic Remy's advisors have met again with #qpr as a matter of courtesy. #qpr prepared to offer huge wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

barton just tweeted remy to qpr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aliadiere to Newcastle if Remy does indeed go to QPR then. Barton is probably just on a wind up though, attention seeking fuckwit that he is.

• Advertisement

So, according to Barton; he's staying at Marseille, heading to Newcastle and has already signed for QPR. Christ, he talks too much.

Not first hand info judging by subsequent tweets.

Wouldn't surprise me all the same

More great news...

Hba on french TV

If nufc are not showing ambition at the end or he season I should move on

Paully D wrote: »
    Aliadiere to Newcastle if Remy does indeed go to QPR then. Barton is probably just on a wind up though, attention seeking fuckwit that he is.

Nearly 30, no chance of that.

Not to mention he's bloody useless.

M5 wrote: »
    More great news...

Hba on french TV

If nufc are not showing ambition at the end or he season I should move on

That's him off then. Don't blame him, quality player.

That's him off then. Don't blame him, quality player.

The limit of our ambition is clear from the failure to invest anything last summer unfortunately

• Advertisement

Marseille confirm bid accepted and player free to talk to QPR

Could well be Remy trying to squeeze more money from nufc. Can't see it happening though

The funniest thing about all of this if he ends up at QPR will be Lee Ryder trying to spin it.

Ryder:
    ''there what did i tell all you doom mongers? ashley has come up with the goods and signed a quality player in remy, now just get behind the club and have faith''

The funniest thing about all of this if he ends up at QPR will be Lee Ryder trying to spin it.

Ryder:

Meh... Ryder's hardly pro Ashley

Sky reporting that he's set for a QPR medical now. Probably offered twice the wage packet with a relegation clause to boot.

• Advertisement

Leave him off, we will get him in the summer for half the price with the relegation release clause. If he chooses QPR we don't want him anyway, its pure greed then.

Anyone know if Shefki Kuqi is available??? :rolleyes:

Season just keeps getting better :rolleyes:

harry rednapp again! i cannot describe how much i dislike him

cadete wrote: »
    harry rednapp again! i cannot describe how much i dislike him

Wish he accepted the job though when Big Sam left, wonder what state we would be in now though?

Feb 1st pardew will be saying well we just couldnt manage to get any more signings over the line buy we got debuchy blah blah blah

i really hoped we would land remy, we cant even compete with qpr! talk about laughing stock :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

The first thing they should check during Remy's QPR medical is his head.

cadete wrote: »
    Feb 1st pardew will be saying well we just couldnt manage to get any more signings over the line buy we got debuchy blah blah blah

i really hoped we would land remy, we cant even compete with qpr! talk about laughing stock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Its fairly obvious that Remy is following the money, fair enough I guess but he'd get paid enough at Newcastle and be at one of England's great football clubs. Completely money motivated and will fit in well with the majority his new team mates.

On a side note, where has That_Guy gone to? He used to post here loads but I haven't seen any from him for quite some time now (unless I've missed them). Hopefully everything is alright with him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm with nufc.com
    A day that began with high hopes of United boosting their squad by completing the transfer of Marseille's Loic Remy ended with the French international forward apparently reversing an earlier decision to snub QPR and heading to Loftus Road to conclude a move there instead.

It's reported that the R's are offering a weekly salary in the region of £70-80K, far outstripping anything we were able to put on the table - even for Demba Ba, let alone a player who has never set foot in the Premier League.

In an attempt to keep their seat on the Premier League gravy train, the West London club are backing their boss to a massive extent and seemingly happy to insert a relegation clause allowing the player to walk.

Quite literally boom or bust and as we're continually told, Newcastle aren't in that business. We'll find out by May which strategy will bear fruit - maybe neither.

So just to recap, the geezer who contributed to Demba Ba's departure from SJP by revealing his release clause has now managed to prevent United from concluding a deal to sign his replacement. Funny old world, innit?

While there's an annoyance that we've lost out to that odious tw*t, the willingness of Remy (and his agent) to take the money and sign for a two-bit club playing in a Subbuteo stadium leads us to think that this isn't quite the end of the world.

And at the risk of sounding like sour grapes, if this lad was so hot (and his stats aren't anything special), then why are Marseille happy to sell him and accept less than half the supposed previous asking price for doing so?

Taking the moral high ground of course doesn't help our goals for column one iota and it remains to be seen what we'll manage to cobble together before the end of January - and whether negative results against Reading and/or Aston Villa will result in last-minute panic buying, or the now-familiar litany of excuses for failing to get targets "over the line".

Perfectly summed up. The fact he's willing to go to ****ty little club liike QPR(with all due respect) over us says a lot about him.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm with nufc.com

Perfectly summed up. The fact he's willing to go to ****ty little club liike QPR(with all due respect) over us says a lot about him.

I think thats unfair on Remy and QPR in fairness. You cant blame QPR for trying, we have done the same with Marveaux remember, and the contract is a win win for Remy assuming he has a release clause. On a positive note we have lost out to Ruiz, Gervinho and others recently and they have not set the world alight.

On a side note, where has That_Guy gone to? He used to post here loads but I haven't seen any from him for quite some time now (unless I've missed them). Hopefully everything is alright with him anyway.

Last quote was a month ago. Must be getting withdrawal symptoms at this stage!

M5 wrote: »
    I think thats unfair on Remy and QPR in fairness. You cant blame QPR for trying, we have done the same with Marveaux remember, and the contract is a win win for Remy assuming he has a release clause. On a positive note we have lost out to Ruiz, Gervinho and others recently and they have not set the world alight.

I agree with that. QPR had every right to go in for him and Remy has every right to accept what they offer him. Also, he is probably looking at it that both clubs may well get relegated, in which case he will probably be sold off, thus he probably thought I might aswell go with the bigger wages.

I think if the same circumstances presented themselves 6 months ago, he would have joined (although his priced tag was significantly higher at that point).

Just have to move on to the next target at this stage.

latest translation of HBA comments
    "At the end of the season there'll be talks with the president and the coach, if there's ambition then why not stay, but if there's no ambition then I'd prefer to leave and compete for trophies. But if there's ambition at nufc and they sign players, then why not stay?

For now what nufc are doing is ambitious (in terms of signings). They should have done it earlier and we've spoken about that.There are still a lot of positions in which nufc need re-infircement

In Newcastle they really like French players. They still speak a lot about Laurent Robert

I really love nufc. It's the only club that's given me this responsibility, this love. I feel really loved by the fans But I'm abitious and I want to win trophies. I won trophies at OL and OM. That's why I said if there's no ambition then I'll leave.

My best position is number 10. At nufc I play on the right but with a lot of freedom. Debuchy will create space for me

Chelsea? Yes. Arsenal? Yes. Liverpool? Yes. "Today those clubs are better than nufc. But if we sign players we can catch up with them
    "

hard to fault anything he says there TBH

EDIT, More added

And more interestingly
    There was contact with Chelsea and Arsenal last summer but it didn't happen because I wanted to stay at nufc,I'm still in contact with certain clubs in England today

With L'om now trying to get barton from QPR for longer it could well be the final nail in the remy NUFC transfer

Can't blame Remy at all. QPR have more ambition than us (can't believe I just wrote that) and are offering him 80k a week with a get out clause. He also gets a nice move to London.

If they go down, he will just move on. If they stay up, they have a good manager and a chairman willing to invest a lot of money in the squad. He can't lose really.

QPR are taking a massive gamble though, putting their fate in a striker who is so out of form and clearly had no interest in the club before money came into play.

Good luck to them. I still think they'll be relegated.

Good man Arry:
    "I don't want to spend the owners' money really. I've got to be honest with you. I don't want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past. A lot of agents have made an awful lot of money out of them. I fined a player (Jose Bosingwa) last week and he was earning more than anybody at Tottenham, so that tells you everything. We've got a stadium that holds 18,000 people and shouldn't be paying big wages. Newcastle's ground holds 55,000 and I bet you most of their players won't be earning what our players are. So that is a problem."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm far more excited about being linked with De Jong tbh.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm far more excited about being linked with De Jong tbh.

absolutely.... not a whole lot of noise around that though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement