Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I used to get excited about being linked to players, but now i dread seeing us linked to anyone! It seems that by linking us it only really lets other club know that the player is available and alerts them to the fact that they can swoop in and sign the player by paying him more money that we are prepared to! I would prefer to just get the deal done and then announce it to the press after its signed and sealed, unfortunately that is not in the interest of the player or their agent who are looking for the best deal, its very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

M5 wrote: »
    absolutely.... not a whole lot of noise around that though
    Complete speculation more than likely,suppose the papers have to write about something now. Not much word on the supposed new centre back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

No chance in hell of landing him for £9 million. I doubt he would sign for Newcastle anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

bazual wrote: »
    Wish he accepted the job though when Big Sam left, wonder what state we would be in now though?
    Could also argue that he was the one who unsettled Demba Ba last January considering he was the one who told the press he had a release clause,suppose the truth would have got out eventually..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

With Ba's 657 agents i'd be very surprised if any club interested wasn't already aware of the clause tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

NEWCASTLE United are eyeing Birmingham City’s England international goalkeeper Jack Butland.

The Chronicle has been informed by reliable sources in the second city that the Magpies are prepared to offer £4m for the teenager and they have touched base with the St Andrew’s club.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/15/newcastle-eye-birmingham-keeper-jack-butland-72703-32600209/#ixzz2I3NFn66I

God I hope that is not true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

TaosHum wrote: »
    God I hope that is not true

Cant imagine us being in the market for a keeper, although Harps is knocking on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

If we are planning on buying a keeper we must be planning to see Krul soon too.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    If we are planning on buying a keeper we must be planning to see Krul soon too.

Krul could do with some competition all the same

If we do sign De Jong (however unlikely), here's a glimpse of what's to come :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Liverpool are also being linked with de Jong today, not sure if it's just twitter BS or something substantial to the link.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Liverpool are also being linked with de Jong today, not sure if it's just twitter BS or something substantial to the link.

Im pretty much sure you can consign both to the recycle bin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Surely this is utter rubbish:

Rupert Fryer ‏@Rupert_Fryer
    According to Clarín, Fabricio Coloccini's contract with Newcastle will be terminated tomorrow, allowing him to return to San Lorenzo. #NUFC

Someone then asked what the hell Clarin was, to which he responded:

@Paddyward4 A major media outlet.

Fryer writes on South American football for The Guardian, among others.

Then the Clarin story with a very rough Google translation:

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/Fuertes-criticas-Coloccini-hinchas-Newcastle_0_847715328.html
    While Fabricio Coloccini insists his contract with Newcastle to return to San Lorenzo and the efforts are well underway , yesterday there was a crucial meeting between Matthias Lammens, Marcelo Tinelli and the representative of the footballer, Marcelo Lombillla and now only remains to accept the English club -, with the fans continue to express their rejection British defender blond curls. On Saturday, in a draw away to Norwich 0-0, Coloccini was whistled and booed by the fans of his team. Anyway was one of Newcastle's best players in that game in the Premier League.

Yesterday there was a new fact that reflects the displeasure of many Newcastle fans that this season is again threatened by relegation. In a parody known and repeated in recent years has been repeated on the Internet, footage of Adolf Hitler with his military leadership of the movie The Fall changes the original dialogue that satirizes other football situations. In this new edition, the German dictator and murderer Figure angry shouting phrases like "But ... Coloccini, ****, nostalgic? What an idiot! He has been in Newcastle since 2008! After 5 years? May wonder how suddenly? " and "I can not believe you want to go back home. He has been captain since 2011 and now he wants to go ... Maybe you can not stand the Championship (second division in England) again. "

In the next few hours will resolve this issue arouses hopes and joys in Boedo and much annoyance in Newcastle. With 4 million euros for the final pass, will the outcome?

Lee Ryder reckons no decision has been made but there is a meeting tomorrow.

Paully D wrote: »
    Surely this is utter rubbish:

According to Clarín, Fabricio Coloccini's contract with Newcastle will be terminated tomorrow, allowing him to return to San Lorenzo. #NUFC

Someone then asked what the hell Clarin was, to which he responded:

@Paddyward4 A major media outlet.

Fryer writes on South American football for The Guardian, among others.

Then the Clarin story with a very rough Google translation:

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/Fuertes-criticas-Coloccini-hinchas-Newcastle_0_847715328.html

Lee Ryder reckons no decision has been made but there is a meeting tomorrow.

yeah, its crap, quite the opposite actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What a turnaround we've had since the last time I was on here.

Remy all set for QPR it seems. fair enough the wages are good and the relegation clause makes it a viable move. I just hope QPR are relegated and Harry fails.
    He's been an absolute thorn in our side from day one! :pac:

Anyway, looking forward to who we turn to now. Could be an interesting few days.

Any of you gents know anything bout Massadio Haidara?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Any of you gents know anything bout Massadio Haidara?

Senegalese and a young left back with plenty of game time under his belt.

Either we are selling Santon or were looking for backup for him. At this moment in time the former is more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I've always thought Santon would be effective as a left winger. If this lad comes in i'd be curious to see if Pardew tries that.

If he doesn't get sold of course.

I don't understand why loan signings aren't being considered. The likes of Guidetti, Lescott and Sinclair could probably be brought in and that's from Man City alone. We've seen it before that loan signings can make a tremendous impact(Wilshere, Sturridge, Lukaku, hell D'Alessandro years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm still here lads. Doom mongering will be resumed shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

so reading tomorrow and no signings this week what are the expectations?
    I think we really cannot do with anything other than a win but to be honest i think a draw is most likely

Interested to see what sort of lineup he will go for. Cabaye will certainly come back in, but what he does with Shola is the question. I think he will bring him back in, but will he play up top with Cisse, or move Cisse out wide?

I think an early goal tomorrow would be massive. Would settle some nerves and get the crowd going. Don't see it happening however, predicting a nervy and disappointing afternoon.

but what he does with Shola is the question.

i think we will be 442 tomorrow for sure with ranger out sub striker but would love to see campbell make an apperance but think hes not gonna this season

Interested to see what sort of lineup he will go for. Cabaye will certainly come back in, but what he does with Shola is the question. I think he will bring him back in, but will he play up top with Cisse, or move Cisse out wide?

I think we have seen the last of Cisse on the wing. Thankfully.

We should scrape a win tomorrow if Cabaye and Taylor start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'm expecting a good 4-0 win tomorrow. Cissé (2) and Marveaux (2). :pac:

Need to win - providing the game actually goes ahead - cannot let these three points slip away. 6 points from our next two could prove huge.

A report in a French newspaper that we've had a €8m bid accepted for Mbiwa and that 'final talks' were staged on Friday. Hard to believe, but would represent excellent business.

All about Reading atm though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Cisse

Gutti
    Marv

Cabaye

Perch
    Anita

Santon---Colo---Staylor--Debuchy

Krul

Thinking it will be this for today. Not sure about Steve Taylor starting after just recovering from a hamstring. To be honest though, I'd take just Steve's hamstrung leg alone in place of Williamson any day.

I have a bad feeling that today is the last time we will see Colo in a toon jersey.

Would love to see something like the below

Krul
    --staylor----colo---perch----santon--
    --debuchy---cabaye--anita--jonas---
    Shola----Cisse

but expect

krul
    ---debuchy---colo----willo--santon---
    perch--anita

cabaye
    ----marv
    jonas

cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Steven Taylor at RB? No thank you. Has to be Debuchy there with Colo and Saylor in the centre. Anything to get Willo out of that team.

Shola starts today! Shocking from the moron that is pardew, cisse out right again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like Cisse out wide again for you today, Shola up front. Pardew has lost the plot.

Still think it'll be a home win mind, 2-1.

Why do you think that Paully?
    Here is the actual line-up:

Cisse

Gutti
    Shola
    Marv

Cabaye
    Anita

Santon---Colo---Iron Mike--Debuchy

Krul

Substitutes: Rob Elliot, James Perch, Steven Taylor, Gael Bigirimana, Gabriel Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Nile Ranger

Hope Staylor gets a half at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Judging by Newcastle's tweet it will be Cisse up top.

Morpork wrote: »
    Why do you think that Paully?
    Here is the actual line-up:

Cisse

Gutti
    Shola
    Marv

Cabaye
    Anita

Santon---Colo---Iron Mike--Debuchy

Krul

Substitutes: Rob Elliot, James Perch, Steven Taylor, Gael Bigirimana, Gabriel Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Nile Ranger

Hope Staylor gets a half at least.

I'd rather have seen Cabaye where Shola is and Bigi alongside Anita.

As long as Cisse is kept through the middle I'm happy enough. If Shola is up there on his own, then expect alot of Williamson to Shola hit and hopes.

If Shola is up there on his own, then expect alot of Williamson to Shola hit and hopes.

Expect that anyway.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Why cant that report read we have signed him with a nice picture of him holding a jersey! This isnt gonna end well for us I reckon! - We live in hope

How stupid is Cisse, lord!!!!
    He is unreal for being offside, useless this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Remy scored for QPR. -_-

• Advertisement

If its true and were spending that kind of money of a central defender I reckon its more than likely for Colo. If Colo has an unreal game today then expect him to be off home Monday.

Morpork wrote: »
    Remy scored for QPR. -_-

Don't mention that name.............:mad:

We need to get the first goal here. Reading looking very dangerous on the break.

howd he miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Jesus Chirst, Cissé! Just put it in the net!!

Completely dominating here with nothing to show for it. Worrying.....

I love Cabaye.............:D:D:D:D:D:D

cabs pure class!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

what a peach of a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Missed that sexy bastard!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement