Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Who replaces him then? Realistically?

I want him gone too after that debacle but who's out there as a suitable replacement?

tbh i dont think it matters who comes in, we are in the middle of our worst ever run in the premier league, the argument who replaces him doesnt stand up for me there are plenty of available managers, i dont think the players have faith in him anymore, too many mistakes tactically, blaming everyone but himself for losing games, nothing but poor excuses from him all the time, if he stays we are going down no doubt about it,
    di matteo till summer, poyet, solskier, blanc, rikjaard,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Lee Ryder
    A lot of people asking me about Alan Pardew's future. From what I've been told nufc have no intention of changing manager

Championship football next season lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

M5 wrote: »
    Blanc seems to be a name that is coming up quite a bit recently. Cant say i know enough about the chap TBH. Lee Clark could be an outside bet actually

Blanc looks like he has everything it takes to be a top manager.

Winning a league and cup double with Bordeaux in France. They won their last 11 games in a row to win their first title in over 10 years. He also finished 2nd with them in his first year, getting them into the CL and was named manager of the year.

He also rejuvenated a French squad which was at its lowest ever point after the World Cup fiasco. Took some no nonsense decisions with those involved in that. They went on a 23 game unbeaten run and only lost to Sweden in the last group game, eventually going out to the winners.

Conclusion: He's too good to sign up for Newcastle's relegation scrape and I doubt he would want to work under MA and DL. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Alan Pardew FTW. :pac:

Few signings, and the return of Taylor/HBA/Tioté and we'll be grand :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Alan Pardew FTW. :pac:

Few signings, and the return of Taylor/HBA/Tioté and we'll be grand :)

nah we'll here how having those back is "like 3 new signings"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

nah we'll here how having those back is "like 3 new signings"

Which is true.

I'm kind of excited to see who we'll bring in up front.
    I think the club are trying really hard and are putting the cash up for spend.

£8m for Remy, £6m for Mbiwa, £5m for Debuchy, £3m for Haidara.

I know only Debuchy has arrived so far, but with the likely arrival of Haidara and Mbiwa && a forward, strong chance we'll have spent close to £20m in this window.

Sounds ridiculous saying that, but if we sign what we need, we're definitely hitting £15m expenditure.

Couldn't fault MA, or AP if we do that tbf..

Which is true.

I know only Debuchy has arrived so far, but with the likely arrival of Haidara and Mbiwa && a forward, strong chance we'll have spent close to £20m in this window.

Sounds ridiculous saying that, but if we sign what we need, we're definitely hitting £15m expenditure.

Completely disagree, this should have been done in the summer. Would not be in this mess if we did.

Which is true.

We're in this position because we failed to spend anything last summer.

We've signed Debuchy (who should of been bought last summer)

Money fronted up for Remy and Mbiwa is simply to replace Ba and Coloccini. The squad isn't really improving.

I'd also be surprised to see us close on all the deals you mentioned there Doocey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Someone lee clark as outside bet to replace AP ...

Imo like putting shearer in charge, local hero, only this fella has some experience under his belt...

pardew now 1/5 looks like there is something in it for sure, guess we will know for sure tomorrow

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    pardew now 1/5 looks like there is something in it for sure, guess we will know for sure tomorrow

Tbh I'd expect lost of money to go on a bet like that. Our form has been shocking all season. Recent form abysmal. Would be surprised if it were to happen after Lee Ryder's comments though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lee Ryder isn't infallible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Yanga M'Bia looking like Newcastle bound for £7.5 million according to the Liverpool thread. Not sure where that info was taken from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Yanga M'Bia looking like Newcastle bound for £7.5 million according to the Liverpool thread. Not sure where that info was taken from

Supposed to be flying into Newcastle later today. Whats the bet he goes to visit the Emirates instead?

It's the Mirror after all so must be true :rolleyes:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-could-1547290

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lee Ryder isn't infallible though.

Certainly not! He sounded adamant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Looks like Newcastle have had a bid of £680.000 rejected for Gouffran, according to the Chronicle. I know he is out of contract in the summer, but offering less than £1 million was quite optimistic.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Looks like Newcastle have had a bid of £680.000 rejected for Gouffran, according to the Chronicle. I know he is out of contract in the summer, but offering less than £1 million was quite optimistic.

Worth a try. Might be designed to unsettle the player

Won't be shocked to hear, it's been rejected.

Won't be shocked to hear, it's been rejected.

They want 1 million. We are offering 750k. Will be a fast resolution to this one

I wonder if we get relegated, could be we just apply to play in Ligue 1 next year :cool:

This fantastic scouting network doesn't stretch too far beyond the English Channel eh.

• Advertisement

What the **** is it with us and transfers?

Official quotes on Haidara

on their website
    "After 46 games and two-and-a-half years in the Nancy shirt, Massadio Haidara is leaving his former club for Newcastle United, currently sixteenth in the Premier League.

"The two clubs have reached an agreement and will finalise the transfer on Tuesday."

Official quotes on Yanga-Mbiwa

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin
    ‘He chose Newcastle? If so, he is an ass,

‘It is not my fault but I think the manager [Alan Pardew] played a role. Newcastle, this is really not a good choice. They will transfer him the next year.

‘It doesn’t bother me. We’re not going to cry. He is not irreplaceable. The important thing is that we get money.’

lol, bitter much?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Some of you have probably seen this, fairly on the money, to be fair most of the booing came at the 2 substitutions..
    Edit:Strong language throughout

gav86 wrote: »

Some of you have probably seen this..

LOL

Bordeaux want £3.2m for Yoan Gouffran now... think they'll rightly be told to go jump in a lake at that price! 6 months left on his deal and he cost less than 5 mil

Expecting to hear the good news today of Haidara and Mbiwa arriving, followed by the bad news of Colo on his way. Let's hope Mbiwa settles better than Colo did in his first season!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

What are the views on being linked with Darren Bent?

I reckon for the right money it would be a good buy....He has the poachers instinct which is what we need right now. Capable of linking well with cisse too id imagine.

Fingers crossed the 2 deals on the horizon today get over the line pretty soon too

will be delighted if haidara and mbiwa get signed but news is weve got sissoko too, not sure about haidara but the other 2 would be top class signings!

M'Biwa having a medical according to SSN! get in there great signing!

I will be giving pardew a second chance no more calling for him to be sacked.......... for now :D

• Advertisement

M'Biwa having a medical according to SSN! get in there great signing!

I will be giving pardew a second chance no more calling for him to be sacked.......... for now :D

Good news, but it's one quality defender replacing another though, and that means Williamson is still 3rd choice, behind a very injury prone player.

We still need another quality CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Right. Thoughts on the game from Saturday.

1st half we were excellent and dominated the game from the off. Federici was an absolute monster in goal for Reading and kept them in it.

Really good to have Cabaye back and looked fantastic.

2nd half... I don't know what happened. We just did not get going. Taking Cabaye off is understandable given he's been out for a while.

Defending was just complete crap as per usual. To be honest I'm a bit worried about Krul. Can't seem to command his box confidently anymore.

Marveaux looked quite decent at times but he wasn't helped by players not making runs for him.

An absolute horror show from us and getting these signings done is imperative. Until we get images of new signings holding the black and white, I'm not getting too excited (Remy).

If we do get these signings in I'm pretty sure we'll have Yohan Cabaye to thank for this given where we are in the table. If Colo goes... Even if he stays, I'd probably make Cabs our new captain.

Can't say I know anything about Hadiara but if we do get him I wouldn't mind seeing Santon pushed out to the right wing. Would be very interesting.

Making the usual noises transfer wise but just once I'd like us to act and actually get these deals done.

Annoying that we didn't make this much intent in the summer seeing as funds are clearly available.

Talk of Sissoko picking up also, apparently he's been pulled from the Toulouse squad for tomorrow's game versus PSG.

Would be amazed if we get him.

Good news, but it's one quality defender replacing another though, and that means Williamson is still 3rd choice, behind a very injury prone player.

We still need another quality CB.

I really hope we can keep colo until the summer if he goes this window then we do need another cb, willo is a complete disaster and as much as i like taylor the lad cant stay fit for any longer than a few weeks

good article here maybe you guys have seen it
    http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/15/blows-over-newcastle-united-s-french-invasion-will-not-deter-magpies-61634-32602086/

Same as always, until the picture of them holding the shirt is up, they're not a Newcastle player.

Don't get why we haven't gone for Guidetti on loan, smashing talent.

luder wrote: »
    What are the views on being linked with Darren Bent?

I reckon for the right money it would be a good buy....He has the poachers instinct which is what we need right now. Capable of linking well with cisse too id imagine.

Fingers crossed the 2 deals on the horizon today get over the line pretty soon too

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening, getting on, and ex sunderland

• Advertisement

Deal for Yoan Gouffran agreed apparently and he is on his way to Newcastle according to Lee Ryder.

This being NUFC i expect some bad news with the good! If we keep Colo and sign the three others that would be great. 1 first team CB and 2 squad players. Spruce things up nicely

This being NUFC i expect some bad news with the good! If we keep Colo and sign the three others that would be great. 1 first team CB and 2 squad players. Spruce things up nicely

dont forget Sissoko supposed to be close aswell mate
    1 cb 1 cm and 2 squad players :eek:
    something has to go wrong!

dont forget Sissoko supposed to be close aswell mate

why oh why did we not do this 6 months ago!

why oh why did we not do this 6 months ago!

To be fair with Sissoko and Gouffran, their transfer fees have probably more than halved in the 6 months they have waited, which makes good business if we do indeed reel both in.

Not defending the clubs lack of transfer activity in the summer, which has aided our plight so far this season. But I can see the sense of waiting for Sissoko and Gouffran.

• Advertisement

This being NUFC i expect some bad news with the good!

I'm absolutely convinced Colo is leaving now. This is all looking far too rosy :pac:

We've already signed Debuchy as well!

If we miraculously convince Colo to stay, it will have been a great window, if all those come off.

NUFC now reportedly had a bid for ricky van wolfswinkel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Who else thought that was a joke name?

Morpork wrote: »
    Who else thought that was a joke name?

He's decent enough AFAIK

@YGouffran has just tweeted that he is singing for us tomorrow.

More a Leon Best replacement than a Demba Ba replacement I hope :D

Its official

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130122/newcastle-sign-yanga-mbiwa_2281670_3050117

BBPTteuCcAIwPzK.jpg:large

Great signing!! 5 1/2 year deal too!
    HWTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

NUFC now reportedly had a bid for ricky van wolfswinkel

He's a good player ,whats the fee?

yabadabado wrote: »
    He's a good player ,whats the fee?

Hearing its rubbish now....

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is a quality signing, heres hoping it will be him and Colo at CB. Would be a decent back four with good backup in Taylor and willo when we are bunted!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement