Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

M5 wrote: »
    Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is a quality signing, heres hoping it will be him and Colo at CB. Would be a decent back four with good backup in Taylor and willo when we are bunted!

You said it mate if we can bring in sissoko now it will have been a cracking window! hopefully these signings will help keep benny and cabs here too!

Fair play to mike, he is supposed to be involved in the transfers now since we lost remy, and great to see us finally spend some money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

cadete wrote: »
    You said it mate if we can bring in sissoko now it will have been a cracking window! hopefully these signings will help keep benny and cabs here too!

Fair play to mike, he is supposed to be involved in the transfers now since we lost remy, and great to see us finally spend some money :)

Hearing Sisiko will more than likely be a pre contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Good move. Starting to get some CB depth now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

will this guy slot into williamsons current position?

BArra wrote: »
    will this guy slot into williamsons current position?

Yes, willo is 3rd choice

Yes, willo is 3rd choice

As long as colo stays!

As long as colo stays!

valid point

Yes, willo is 3rd choice

:D;):p:):D;):pac::cool::P;):D:D:D:D:D

:D;):p:):D;):pac::cool::P;):D:D:D:D:D

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Good day with Mbiwa sown up and Gouffran saying he will be arriving.

Also Villa looked awful this evening. Great opportunity to get our first away victory next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lets just hope its not too little too late lads.

But its a step in the right direction. Still need one more striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

TaosHum wrote: »

Also Villa looked awful this evening. Great opportunity to get our first away victory next Tuesday.

They have another game on Friday in the FA Cup as well so we should be well rested and up for that with the new signings! Must win for both teams.

sorry im elated that willo can finally be dropped to the bench, that guy is a pure and utter liability

See what Deschamps has had to say about our new signing :pac:

"I do not know if Mapou made ​​the right choice, we will see later.

"I think he had no choice. If Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern were also in for him, I think he would not have chosen Newcastle. This can also be a springboard for him in the long run."

This guy can obviously play a bit then eh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They have another game on Friday in the FA Cup as well so we should be well rested and up for that with the new signings! Must win for both teams.

It really does play into our hands really well.

All the more reason we'll lose, knowing this black hole of a club. :mad:

• Advertisement

Found this quite odd
    A French international footballer is allergic to grass, a French newspaper says.

Yoan Gouffran, 24, who places for the French Ligue 1 club Girondins de Bordeaux, was revealed to have the allergy in French daily Le Parisien.

His coach, Jean Tigana, said the allergy was "embarrassing".

"He would have (been better to) play on synthetic pitches in Nancy or Lorient."
    Advertisement

Gouffran's troubles with the pitch started when he joined the Bordeaux team, Goal.com reported.

The former French under-21 international is known for his speed and dribbling skills, and had a successful stint with Ligue 2 club SM Caen, helping it gain promotion to Ligue 1 in 2007.

He continued his good form during the 2007/8 season with Caen, prompting interest from English club Arsenal.

But he chose to move to Bordeaux in 2008 instead.

Gouffran has to play 36 of 38 games this season on grass, and was ordered to see an allergist to get help in managing his disorder, Goal.com reported.

so now we need to tie up sissoko and in the summer sakho ribery and benzema :D
    and Blanc as manager lol

so now we need to tie up sissoko and in the summer sakho ribery and benzema :D
    and Blanc as manager lol

Just read a users comment on an Mbiwa article:

"Think France will just manage to stay in the PL this season".

Osvaldo Coloccini, currently a youth coach at San Lorenzo, believes a resolution must come quickly.
    "Fabricio is very anxious, he wants a resolution," he explained.

"I think that it's the moment for him to return to San Lorenzo. We want him to come back.

"In the last few hours, Newcastle have bought a defender but that means nothing because they were looking for an option in that position anyway.

"At Newcastle they are telling him to wait until May but the thing is that I don't know if San Lorenzo are going to be able to wait until then."

San Lorenzo manager Bernardo Romeo added: "We need a central defender. We are waiting.

"Let's have faith in that the transfer will be done, otherwise we will have to go out and look for another central defender."

Is this guy for real? We really want your defender, we have no money, but could you please hurry up and give him to us for free.

San Lorenzo should be reported to FIFA for this.

Interesting to see what he will do with Gouffran considering he can play out wide and up top.

• Advertisement

sissoko trying to push a move this window
    http://aggbot.com/Newcastle-United-News/article/18810198

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

San Lorenzo are a joke. Talk about trying to unsettle a player. I actually haven't read too much about what Colo has said. He doesn't seem that desperate to leave really.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder
    San Lorenzo have now confirmed on their website: "Finally, after long negotiations,we announce that Coloccini will not join the squad" #nufc

Looks like Colo is staying!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Not exactly jumping with joy over this news.
    While I'm happy he's not going to San Lorenzo - an unhappy player isn't very ideal to have in the squad.
    Wonder how this is gonna sort itself out?

Wife might come to Newcastle Upon-Tyne?

Doocey wrote: »
    While I'm happy he's not going to San Lorenzo - an unhappy player isn't very ideal to have in the squad.

He's been excellent in the last few games though. If it means Williamson isn't anywhere near the team for the next 15 games, it can only be good news!

Must agree mate but i hope he is professional enough not to throw a wobbler

does anyone know for sure what happened?

Was it his extracurricular activities?

He's been excellent in the last few games though. If it means Williamson isn't anywhere near the team for the next 15 games, it can only be good news!

Well when you put it that way :pac:
    Must agree mate but i hope he is professional enough not to throw a wobbler

does anyone know for sure what happened?

Was it his extracurricular activities?

Nah, his wife is ill AFAIK. Very understandable him wanting to be with her. Unfortunate, but hopefully some middle ground can be reached between himself and the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

It's good to have him, tbh. They probably assured him he can leave in the summer.

Well when you put it that way :pac:

Nah, his wife is ill AFAIK. Very understandable him wanting to be with her. Unfortunate, but hopefully some middle ground can be reached between himself and the club.

The wife been sick is just a rumour though, there's another rumour around Newcastle which suggests it may well have been his "extra curricular" activities that made her leave.

I find the ill wife story hard to believe. Surely he would of been granted a few weeks leave at the least to go and see her or something.

Seemed to be more about his father completely unsettling him and a transfer to San Lorenzo.

"Away from tonight's action, Newcastle have confirmed the signing of French striker Yoan Gouffran from Bordeaux on a four-and-a-half year deal. He'll wear number 11"

from bbc.co.uk/sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

"Away from tonight's action, Newcastle have confirmed the signing of French striker Yoan Gouffran from Bordeaux on a four-and-a-half year deal. He'll wear number 11"

from bbc.co.uk/sport

Vive le Revolution

0,,10278~11591056,00.gif

Really cant see Colo behaving anything less than professionally TBH. Does not strike me as the type to pull a strop

on the extra curricular activities, he may well have taken some of the fans up on the offers that are sung from the stands :)
    Oh Coloccini you are the love of my life
    oh Coloccini I'd let you shag my wife
    oh Coloccini I want curly hair too.

on another note

Moussa Sissoko ‏@MS_Officiel
    Tomorrow.

is he talking to us??? i hope so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

on another note

Moussa Sissoko ‏@MS_Officiel
    Tomorrow.

is he talking to us??? i hope so :D

Looks like a fake account
    Toulouse FC Officiel ‏@ToulouseFC
    @BenArfa_10 Le compte @MS_Officiel est un #FAKE tout comme @FT_Officiel @FranckTabanou @EC29_Officiel @AR17_Officiel.

@GFN_France
    Re: #MoussaSissoko. #NUFC have 99% secured him as a player. Still unclear whether for Jan or June.

They've got everything spot on so far :) Hopefully we get him in this window!

Sissoko deal done (pre contract)

He's at the training ground according to Sky Sports, so I'm hoping that it means he will knuckle down till the summer.

Sissoko deal done (pre contract)
    Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Source?

French @le10sport reporting #NUFC have agreed €2.5 fee with Toulouse for Moussa Sissoko. He will sign 5-and-a-half year deal in this window.

Hard to know what to make of that. Really hope its true. RMC Sport are also reporting the same story.

Debuchy, Sissoko and Mbiwa in this window for under 15 million :eek:

"Newcastle is a club that attracts me, even if it has not a good ranking currently, but I am not scared by that," he told L'Equipe.

"I trust that group considering what they achieved last season. Moreover the officials have invested a lot on quality French players. They will have better results in the second part of the season.

"All those Frenchmen is reassuring. I know them well and that would help me to adapt."

While other clubs such as QPR have shown interest, he says they are not as attractive a proposition as Newcastle.

"QPR? I am a little less attracted. There are also good players there, but the situation is much more complex. However I don't close any door," he said, also adding he would rather move to England than stay in France.

"Marseille and Monaco? They are still attractive. But I would prefer to discover Premier League. It is the league that should match my football the best."

Sign him up.

Source?

eh several journos on Twitter

RMC reporting that NUFC are close to signing Moussa Sissoko for 2.5 million Euros

• Advertisement

RMC reporting that NUFC are close to signing Moussa Sissoko for 2.5 million Euros

What an absolute steal for a player of his quality!

What did I say about keeping the faith this window lads? ;)

Sterling work on the transfer front so far, with hopefully one more after Sissoko to come.

I won't jump with joy over sissoko until he is holding a toon shirt and smiling

Jimmy Kebe ‏@JKebe
    On my way to Newcastle, having medical then sign a 4 years contract. Thank you all for your support you've been outstanding !!!! ����

Now this has surprised me or he's taking the piss

TaosHum wrote: »
    Now this has surprised me

Hes on the windup!! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement