Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Jimmy Kebe ‏@JKebe
    Oups i thought if you're french and play football u just pop in to Newcastle and sign a contract 😁😁 Not a chance of leaving #LoveReadingFc#

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

whats with the jimmy kebe tweet? Takin the mickey, hardly on really (from Readings perspective)

@dannyguthrie20
    Just read @jkebe tweet and sh1t myself!! Don't do that again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

#TFC reporting from their club website that Sissoko will be joining #NUFC this window. I suspect there's still a medical to do. Great news!

Starting to believe this will actually happen!!!

Looks a done deal for January. Fantastique signing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Don't wanna get **** my pants excited over Sissoko just yet. Unbelievable coup if it happens though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Sissoko would be a massive addition for many a club. As a Liverpool fan he's exactly the type of player they need and the price is extremely low risk.

Motivation could be a potential problem in time

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Motivation could be a potential problem in time

Winning leagues should be motivation enough ;)

• Advertisement

Another one over the line.

0,,10278~11592209,00.gif

Sissoko tomorrow! Some week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Haven't seen much of Haidara. Anyone here able to comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im struggling to think of a more significant transfer window for us than the current one

Quality reinforcements in all the right positions.

I do think we could do with another fwd, even before ba left i thought we were light in that dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

John Guidetti. On loan. Sign him up.

Thauvin bid confirmed by Bastia, player to be loaned back to them for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Interesting to see Haidara got Demba Ba's number.

There will not be an english player now in our best 11 and what a squad we will have if Sissoko joins. Just hope everyone gels and we stay up.

Krul
    --Debuchy
    Mbiwa
    Colo
    Santon---
    Sissoko
    Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa
    Gouffran

Cisse

Bench: Elliot, Jonas, Anita, Haidara, Saylor, Marveaux, Shola

The Rest: Perch, Willo, Simps, Raylor, Obertan, Gosling, Vuckic, Sammy, Bigi, Ranger

My mouth is watering :D

This guy is going to rip up the PL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/multimedia/newcastle-united/2013/01/25/newcastle-united-unveil-their-three-new-signings-72703-32676794/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The three new signings, Dont like looking at youtube clips of players 'best bits'. Reminds me of that american centre half we bought who was absolute dirt but looked great on youtube before he signed.

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »
    Interesting to see Haidara got Demba Ba's number.

There will not be an english player now in our best 11 and what a squad we will have if Sissoko joins. Just hope everyone gels and we stay up.

Krul
    --Debuchy
    Mbiwa
    Colo
    Santon---
    Sissoko
    Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa
    Gouffran

Cisse

Bench: Elliot, Jonas, Anita, Haidara, Saylor, Marveaux, Shola

The Rest: Perch, Willo, Simps, Raylor, Obertan, Gosling, Vuckic, Sammy, Bigi, Ranger

My mouth is watering :D

Love the look of that side, especially the midfield. Only thing I wonder is if he will actually start Gouffran on the left? I have a feeling he might stick with Jonas out there and have Gouffran on the bench.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Love the look of that side, especially the midfield. Only thing I wonder is if he will actually start Gouffran on the left? I have a feeling he might stick with Jonas out there and have Gouffran on the bench.

I think you might be right in the long run, however the lack of confidence in our team may lead to him starting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

BBc9MfpCYAAKS52.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Sooner they get rid of him the better

Didn't know Obertan was from Mars? :P

• Advertisement

Ah this whole no British players is turning into a bit of a joke alright from what Pardew said a few years back, but we can still field a British 11, prob is they arent great or injured!

Harper, Simpson, Willo, Saylor, Tav, Raylor, Perch, Gosling, Ferguson, Sammy and Shola

plus Campbell and Ranger off the bench :rolleyes:

Ok can we rip up Ranger's contract and flush it down the ****ter already?

gav86 wrote: »
    Ah this whole no British players is turning into a bit of a joke alright from what Pardew said a few years back, but we can still field a British 11, prob is they arent great or injured!

Harper, Simpson, Willo, Saylor, Tav, Raylor, Perch, Gosling, Ferguson, Sammy and Shola

Tbf, I don't think Pardew is having much say on all these transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

gav86 wrote: »

Steady on! 10 British!

• Advertisement

What a great week!! :D

0,,10278~11596095,00.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

cadete wrote: »

0,,10278~11596095,00.gif
    Best ever, from a transfers point of view anyway

Get in! Absolute quality signing for nothing!

cadete wrote: »

0,,10278~11596095,00.gif

Amazed we were able to land a player of his quality for so little. Best signing of what has been an awesome transfer window.

6.1/2 year deal :pac: The board know what he will be worth in a few years then!

Villa lose again tonight.

If ever a team was for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doocey wrote: »
    Which is true.

I'm kind of excited to see who we'll bring in up front.
    I think the club are trying really hard and are putting the cash up for spend.

£8m for Remy, £6m for Mbiwa, £5m for Debuchy, £3m for Haidara.

I know only Debuchy has arrived so far, but with the likely arrival of Haidara and Mbiwa && a forward, strong chance we'll have spent close to £20m in this window.

Sounds ridiculous saying that, but if we sign what we need, we're definitely hitting £15m expenditure.

Couldn't fault MA, or AP if we do that tbf..

Aside from Remy - I'm glad my hopes have been fulfilled.

Sissoko an exceptional signing for pennies, brilliant business and best of all: he was an eager beaver to come! Really wants to wear the shirt.

Today marks a very good day for optimists like myself :pac:

Just seen this on 365. Why do we only buy from abroad? Here's the answer:

Debuchy + Yanga-Mbiwa + Cabaye + Ben Arfa + Tiote + Cisse = Andy Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Ideally,I think at max only 2 of the new french fella's will start against Villa.Given the importance of the game,Sissoko will most probably get the nod too.

Krul
    --Debuchy
    Mbiwa
    Colo
    Santon---
    Sissoko
    Cabaye---Anita

Marveaux
    Gutierrez

Cisse

Subs: Harper,Williamson,Taylor,Perch,Gouffran,Shola,Obertan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

A little disappointed we didn't sign anyone today, I was getting used to a player a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bazual wrote: »
    A little disappointed we didn't sign anyone today, I was getting used to a player a day.

keeps relegation away ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

As a Newcastle fan I'm quite disappointed in Colo. Whatever the personal reasons for wanting to go back to Argentina, I feel he owes a lot to the Newcastle fans and to the club for paying his wages and standing by him through the years, especially in is first season when he was finding the Premier League difficult.....I wonder what Pardew and the upper hierarchy will make of this?

"To my San Lorencista family.

"I write these lines from a long way away where I am missing my country, my family and my close ones. And with sadness of knowing that after a series of meetings held here in Newcastle that my return to Argentina has been momentarily suspended.

"Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one's own desires.

"However, I am convinced that this moment of disappointment need not be an obstacle for me to declare my profound gratitude to each and every one of you for the affection and the support that you all have provided me during these past few months, in every way imaginable."

Coloccini added: "I wish to thank the authorities at San Lorenzo del Almagro and especially show my gratitude to the president, Dr Matias Lammens and vice president, Mr Marcelo Tinelli, for all the affection, support and understanding they have afforded me and who from the first moment, without any reservations or conditions, were interested in my personal and family situation and who put themselves at my disposal.

"Essentially, I want to thank the enormous effort made by them, from every point of view, to remove whatever difficulties I may have come in touch with."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

According to the Telegraph, we've launched a €12m bid for Wilfried Bony - top scorer in Holland at the minute.

We ain't done yet boys. Going for our summer targets now!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Laurent Blanc :pac:
    I think he hates Ben Arfa which isn't good considering he is our best attack minded player

Have to say, I actually like the look of this :pac:

BBsg3cGCAAASOTJ.jpg:large

Have to say, I actually like the look of this :pac:

BBsg3cGCAAASOTJ.jpg:large
    Does go well with the sponsor! Next years away kit :)

Has been along time since I've been this apprehensive/excited before a game. With this being Villa's 3rd game in a week, coupled with their poor form, we will never have a better opportunity to get our first away win this season.

Also hoping the influx of new signings and the fact Colo is staying will lift the team. Can see the team being:

.................Krul........................
    Debuchy...Colo...Mbiwa.....Santon
    ...........Sissoko.....Anita.............
    .................Cabaye...................
    Marveaux..........................Jonas
    .................Cisse.......................

Has been along time since I've been this apprehensive/excited before a game. With this being Villa's 3rd game in a week, coupled with their poor form, we will never have a better opportunity to get our first away win this season.

Also hoping the influx of new signings and the fact Colo is staying will lift the team. Can see the team being:

.................Krul........................
    Debuchy...Colo...Mbiwa.....Santon
    ...........Sissoko.....Anita.............
    .................Cabaye...................
    Marveaux..........................Jonas
    .................Cisse.......................

That's a strong line up. Hopefully Mbiwa starts, but known Pardew, it wouldn't surprise me if he went with Staylor for this one.

Going to be a really difficult game, Villa have had some very good first half performances recently, their biggest weakness is defending set pieces, and we all know how unlikely we are to score from a set piece.

That's a strong line up. Hopefully Mbiwa starts, but known Pardew, it wouldn't surprise me if he went with Staylor for this one.

Going to be a really difficult game, Villa have had some very good first half performances recently, their biggest weakness is defending set pieces, and we all know how unlikely we are to score from a set piece.

1218om1.jpg

• Advertisement

Hopefully the new lads will inject some life into us.

Villa are on the ropes, they'll either come out swinging or roll over.

2009 still sticks in the throat, lets hope some payback is delivered tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement