Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

This is horrible to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Thank God for that, 3 points and hopefully a bit of confidence gained, apart from that fupp all else

That was the longest 5 mins ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

The longest 5 mins of my life. Onwards and upwards :pac::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

bazual wrote: »
    Thank God for that, 3 points and hopefully a bit of confidence gained, apart from that fupp all else

Exactly, thank f for the 3 pts!!

Strange subs, again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Thank christ. Hopefully that will give the lads a lift. We weathered the storm there, passing was atrocious though. We'll get better though as the new lads settle in and Cabaye gets more match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

**** me that was tough viewing. Pardew seriously needs to sort out the 2nd half performances. Team just goes defensive and allows the opposition to come at them. Credit to Villa they worked very hard, but we made no attempt to try play the way we did in the first. Just long balls up top to Shola.

Delighted with the win and to be fair, after the initial Villa surge, they didn't make too many more chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Same ol frailties exposed again, great first half performance a distant memory.

Truly shocking tactics and subs. What was said at half time? Seriously! Absolutely blessed to win that game. Villa should have won 3/4:2

M5 wrote: »
    Same ol frailties exposed again, great first half performance a distant memory.

Truly shocking tactics and subs. What was said at half time? Seriously! Absolutely blessed to win that game. Villa should have won 3/4:2

We had a lot of games like that last season.

The 3 points are what matter the most and the first half performance is something to build on.

Only natural Villa would have a go 2nd half and we would get nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What do you reckon to Moussa Sissoko?
    Cant believe you got him for £2.5 million, what a steal

What do you reckon to Moussa Sissoko?
    Cant believe you got him for £2.5 million, what a steal

He was excellent in the first half. All over the pitch, but playing in a much more advanced position than I expected. He was right in behind Cisse. Lovely through ball assist for the first goal as well.

I can see where the YaYa Toure comparisons come from. If he takes to the league half as good as him, we should be all right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Back to winning ways finally. Onwards and upwards.

i'll have some of whatever he was smoking

i'll have some of whatever he was smoking

I was thinking during the game that Jonas is one player that should be very worried about holding down a starting role.

As per usual, he offered noting down the left. Santon was more of a threat than him.

• Advertisement

TaosHum wrote: »
    I was thinking during the game that Jonas is one player that should be very worried about holding down a starting role.

As per usual, he offered noting down the left. Santon was more of a threat than him.

tbf, he was one of our best players in the first half playing on the right side of the 3 up front and got in to some great positions and Santon got forward alot more when he was on the right.

He certainly wasnt the worst player on the pitch for Newcastle but not the best either. I think Colo was motm.

Seen the penalty again and it didn't look like a penalty. He stood on Debuchys foot and went over. Can see why the Ref gave it as it looked a peno on my stream.

Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Seen the penalty again and it didn't look like a penalty. He stood on Debuchys foot and went over. Can see why the Ref gave it as it looked a peno on my stream.

Watch

It was a very stupid 'foul', player was going no where, no need.

I missed most of the 1st half so cant really comment on Jonas but what summed it up for me was when the ball was rolled to him late on and he let it slip between his legs. He has been shocking all season so lets hope competition for places gets him going, would be interesting to see if Pards would have dropped him for Marveaux if he was fit.

tbf, he was one of our best players in the first half playing on the right side of the 3 up front and got in to some great positions and Santon got forward alot more when he was on the right.

I won't argue that he gets in good positions, but it means very little if he is not producing an end product. To his credit he works very hard and puts everything on the line for the cause, but being ineffective going forward is hurting the team.

When Marveaux and HBA come back I can't see any justification in starting Gutierrez ahead of either.

His goal line clearance last night saved us, but he was so bad overall.

He was getting even the simplest things wrong.

Foul throws and not controlling passes and letting the ball run out of play.

Hilarious that the Independent named him MOTM.

• Advertisement

His goal line clearance last night saved us, but he was so bad overall.

He was getting even the simplest things wrong.

Foul throws and not controlling passes and letting the ball run out of play.

Hilarious that the Independent named him MOTM.

Yeah the goal line clearance was quality alright and he will throw the body on the line. Krul had to have been MOTM was quality. Subs from Pardew were a bit suspect again last night, I know the new lads were tired but putting a new boy Centre half into centre midfield when you are under the cosh could have cost us, especially when you have Biggi on the bench as well. Perch for Ameobi was another strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Bit of a feeling on here that we were slightly lucky last night,personally thought it was a really good performance from the lads,yes we were hanging on at times in the 2nd half but we saw the game out which was the main thing.We probably would have caved in if this game was before christmas. A lot of positives to be taken from last night,Krul and Coloccini were excellent,haven't seen that defensive combination play so well since last year,Cabaye and Taylor came in and both played the full match unscathed,debuts to 3 players who hopefully will play a big part in the next few months,Cisse scored a goal which should help his confidence,I thought his hold up play in the 2nd was top notch too.Gutierrez getting a lot of criticism here which is a bit unfair,he was lacking from an offensive perspective but he put in some shift defensively and for the team,he practically saved us the 3 pts at the end with that block and hey he also got his first assist of the season!! Onwards and Upwards!!

Yeah people are being way ott with Jonas, he's never been the best going forward.

He put in a huge shift like they all did and we won a vital game. Can never fault his effort and that's all you can ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Riiight.

Positives: 3 points and a win away from home... FINALLY!! Sissoko looked quality. His range of passing was superb and linked up really well with Cisse. Mbiwa, despite his momentary introduction, he made a vital clearance of the line. Gouffran looked decent. Nothing flashy but held the ball up realy well and put himself about. The whole first half. Just bossed it completely.

Negatives: Second half... What the fúck was that all about? And how the fúck does Jonas still retain his place? Seriously. He's awful. Lost the ball at every opportunity.

Personally I'd have brought Anita on earlier. He's the only one that really held the ball up and slowed the game down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hopefully Liverpool come in with a ridiculous bid for Ranger by 11pm. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

young swiss centre half signed 17yr old, will it be the last one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

So lads, all the doommongering of the January transfer window put to bed I'd hope.

6 new players.

Just short of £20m spent - that's ambition men.

Sissoko a real bargain - absolutely amazing to think that no one else went for him (bar QPR).
    Mapou as well, top notch ball playing defender - similar to Coloccini mold, but more dominant in the air and probably a bit neater on the ball.
    Gouffran looks as if he has a good touch about him, skillful and has the look of a sharp shooter.
    Debuchy obviously a huge improvement on Danny Simpson, say no more.
    Haidara one for Santon competition, keep the Italian on his toes.
    Mbabu a real prospect by the looks of it. £1m for a 17 year-old, obviously held in huge regard at St.James' Park.

Big game tomorrow, a result would be great. 3 points would be phenomenal.
    Crowd will get right behind us, but the only fear is that Chelsea have a little too much quality for us.

Either way, the lads will have a go and try grab a goal or two.

HTL.

Doocey wrote: »
    So lads, all the doommongering of the January transfer window put to bed I'd hope.

Not really tbh. What the game against Villa did for me was remind me of how fragile this teams confidence is. Also we still have to show we can perform for a full 90 minutes.

Villa on Tuesday were there for the taking, coming off an awful run of form, suffering with injuries and very low on confidence. After leading 2-0 at the half and then to be barely hanging on in the end is a big worry.

I'm still very nervous this team could go down. I know that makes me a doommonger, but I honestly haven't seen anything as of yet to prove to me otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

TaosHum wrote: »
    Not really tbh. What the game against Villa did for me was remind me of how fragile this teams confidence is. Also we still have to show we can perform for a full 90 minutes.

Villa on Tuesday were there for the taking, coming off an awful run of form, suffering with injuries and very low on confidence. After leading 2-0 at the half and then to be barely hanging on in the end is a big worry.

I'm still very nervous this team could go down. I know that makes me a doommonger, but I honestly haven't seen anything as of yet to prove to me otherwise.

I mentioned the doom mongering of the transfer window, not the overall performances..

Very shaky in the second half indeed, but the 3 points will prove massive in seeing out other matches in the near future I'd hope!

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    I mentioned the doom mongering of the transfer window, not the overall performances..

Very shaky in the second half indeed, but the 3 points will prove massive in seeing out other matches in the near future I'd hope!

Doom mongering, nets not forget we are just outside the relegation zone off the worst run of 5,10 and 15 games in premier league history....

The signings are 5 months too late, cant afford to throw away half a season as we have done.

Look to be decent signings but way way too late

I'm telling you Jonas is a different player on the right with Santon licence to go forward on the left, same as the Villa game here.

I'm telling you Jonas is a different player on the right with Santon licence to go forward on the left, same as the Villa game here.

I gave the lad a bit of stick recently (all season) but that was excellent, too often our midfielders dont get into the box enough!

Apart from the goal he has been poor though.

Apart from the goal he has been poor though.

Was watching the rugby so only turned on about 35mins in

His delivery has been awful, seriously. Fair play to him with the goal. Great header.

Now, what team will turn up for the 2nd half??

Teams down the bottom doing well today as well. We really do need something out of this.

Time for Pardew to get it right at HT

Villa 3-1 up at Everton. :mad:

• Advertisement

Cisse your crap

Exactly the same as the reading game,dominate the 1st half,2nd half,the opposition gets 2 goals in quick succession,I just don't know anymore

C'mon!!!!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    C'mon!!!!
    And everton equalise!!!!!!!!!

We need a song for Sissoko!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Great win there. Sissoko has made a great impact already.

• Advertisement

I knew Sissoko was quality but the start he's made has been ridiculous!

Ben Arfa and Mbiwa to come into the team. Things looking better.

And Villa threw away a 2 goal lead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Sissoko and Goufran seriously impressive :D

Thought Santon was magnificent today too.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Thought Santon was magnificent today too.

Absolutely, 2 great assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

he has been great all season, i was worried when i read some snippits that some italian club wanted him during the Jan window

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement