Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That was the first time that we have come from behind to win in 2 years

Besides the obvious I thought Santon and debuchy had great games..saylor also made a couple of timely interceptions. Add hatem and tiote into that side and we could be even better.

Of course one game is not a season, but that was a superb display against the champions of Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Loved the celebration for the winner around the bench. SJP was buzzing!

I see Remy has done his groin in at QPR. Seems very injury prone. Think we may have dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Fantastic result today, has really brightened up my Saturday.

Great performance in the first half apart from Cisse, who going back to my point 3 or 4 games ago is just not doing it for me at the moment. If he is as good everyone thinks then he really has to be putting his chances away. He may have scored the villa goal but his finishing at times has been questionable. Lucky to stay on the pitch in second half and played a huge part for the equalizer with the lay off for Gouffran.

As for Jonas what can you say, you either love him or hate him. His workrate was fantastic, the header was brilliant and his crossing was woeful. He is starting to get back to form though so watch this space and on the right is where he belongs. Beautiful ball from Santon for the goal too who was a close second for MOTM imo

Second half it look to be back to our usual form, we stood back and let them play, had 10 players in our half and allowed them to come on to us. They may have been wonder goals but if we had closed down the way we had been in the first half we wouldn't have conceded.

With Chelsea all over us for 15 minutes our only real chance was the counter attack and boy did it pay off. A bit of composure from CabayeJonas I think it was to feed Cisse and then the funny thing was that Cisse's first touch was his usual atrocious one but it took the ball away from a sliding in Terry. From there a great ball to Gouffran and some terrific pace followed by a good shot which Cech should have done better with but falling nicely to Moussa to stick it away.

From that point on the game was even again and Sissoko just stood up and dictated our game. He was immense chasing that aimless ball and winning a corner. He had another great piece of footwork to get another shot in against Cech which he was unlucky with and then imo his best piece of skill in the game was not the winner but the control and pass to Santon for the goal. It showed the determination and character of the player. Pure skill and what a finish and wrapped up the MOTM. To think he is probably not 100% fit, what is he gonna be like when he is.

Tiote for Perch and HBA for Gouffran and what a team we will have then with a strong bench to change it up if things go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Great win today and im over the moon stuck abroad and didnt see the game but it has made my weekend, we have the best team now in years so lets hope we can string a run together now, would be a fantastic season if we finished in the top half given our run to christmas and i personally would love to finish above liverpool, gotta get tickets booked and get over really soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Just wait until Yanga M'Biwa gets a run of games for ye too, potentially one of the best young defenders in world football

Signing himself and Sissoko for what 8.5-9million? Thats just superb business.

cadete wrote: »
    Great win today and im over the moon stuck abroad and didnt see the game but it has made my weekend, we have the best team now in years so lets hope we can string a run together now, would be a fantastic season if we finished in the top half given our run to christmas and i personally would love to finish above liverpool, gotta get tickets booked and get over really soon!

You must be on the beer out there? :pac:

You must be on the beer out there? :pac:

lol sadly not but its only 8 points to catch in 13 games and lets face it they are rubbish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

sissoko is a class act...when ben arfa comes back ye should have enough ability to create an score goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Krul
    Debuchy-Saylor-Colo-Santon

Tiote-Cabaye

---HBA--Sissoko--Gouffran---

Cisse

Not bad, IF they are all fit

Our backline has Mbwia/Simpson/Raylor/Haïdara as cover

MF has Bigi, Marveaux, Gosling, Jonas , Anita with Perch, Obertan and the kids if we are stuck

Up front we are light with only Shola/Ranger/Campbell

Moneymaker wrote: »

U follow NUFCfans, jassis, deleted them months ago, wrecked my head

Watchin football first there and have to admit I was a little disgusted with the toon fans booing Ba today. Was a fantastic player for us, Ashley wouldn't give him the contract he deserved and Ashley didn't recruit last summer to show him that we had ambition. Chelsea are a bigger club and he was right to make the move to get the deal he deserved.

M5 wrote: »

Krul
    Debuchy-Saylor-Colo-Santon

Tiote-Cabaye

---HBA--Sissoko--Gouffran---

Cisse

Not bad, IF they are all fit

Our backline has Mbwia/Simpson/Raylor/Haïdara as cover

MF has Bigi, Marveaux, Gosling, Jonas , Anita with Perch, Obertan and the kids if we are stuck

Up front we are light with only Shola/Ranger/Campbell

That's a strong first 11. The main hoofball culprits of Simpson and Williamson are gone from the team.

Mbwia will cement his place in the starting 11 once he is given an opportunity. It's great to see Taylor looking that bit sharper now with the competition though! Anyway, next season it may well be Mbwia and Taylor if Colo leaves.

We definitely need another striker. I've defended Cisse all season but he was very poor today. We know he can do it, but he needs to find his shooting boots again, sooner rather than later.

bazual wrote: »
    Watchin football first there and have to admit I was a little disgusted with the toon fans booing Ba today. Was a fantastic player for us, Ashley wouldn't give him the contract he deserved and Ashley didn't recruit last summer to show him that we had ambition. Chelsea are a bigger club and he was right to make the move to get the deal he deserved.

Agreed he was great for us and dont agree with booing him but maybe he should have stayed till summer helped us stay up and then gone on his way, im sure he would still have had offers in 4 months

Yeah, I think the commentator said on the stream I was watching that about a third of the crowd clapped him off and the rest booed him. Was silly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doom mongering, nets not forget we are just outside the relegation zone off the worst run of 5,10 and 15 games in premier league history....

The signings are 5 months too late, cant afford to throw away half a season as we have done.

Look to be decent signings but way way too late

Yeah because signing them in January makes no difference at all, right?

Get realistic, we weren't going to pay £6m for Sissoko back in the summer, or £8m for Mbiwa, nor £3m for Gouffran, or any of those others.

We wouldn't be in the Top 4 this season even if we had, we were due a bit of a reality check.

Great win today, lads showed real fight and quality which is brilliant.
    Sissoko proving a real animal (£2m) while Debuchy, Cissé, Santon, Gouffran all looked great as well.

Premier League table looks a lot better now and on that performance we could beat a lot of teams in the league.

Nothing lucky about that defeat either, we should have scored at least three more goals in that game.

Anyway, I'm happy the way these "decent signings" have dug in, even if it is "way, way too late" :rolleyes:

HTL.

Doocey wrote: »

Sissoko proving a real animal (£2m) while Debuchy, Cissé, Santon, Gouffran all looked great as well.

Ah here, what game were you watching? I thought Cissé was our poorest player.

• Advertisement

Ah here, what game were you watching? I thought Cissé was our poorest player.

Had some excellent touches in setting up play. Eg. skill to setup Gouffran which in turn resulted in our equaliser.

His finishing was woeful agreed, but just a home goal to sort that.

Yeah because signing them in January makes no difference at all, right?

Get realistic, we weren't going to pay £6m for Sissoko back in the summer, or £8m for Mbiwa, nor £3m for Gouffran, or any of those others.

We wouldn't be in the Top 4 this season even if we had, we were due a bit of a reality check.

Premier League table looks a lot better now and on that performance we could beat a lot of teams in the league.

Nothing lucky about that defeat either, we should have scored at least three more goals in that game.

Anyway, I'm happy the way these "decent signings" have dug in, even if it is "way, way too late" :rolleyes:

HTL.

To leave the squad as threadbare as it was was criminal Doocey

I never said anything about top 4, reality check yes, relegation form no

That's a strong first 11. The main hoofball culprits of Simpson and Williamson are gone from the team.

Mbwia will cement his place in the starting 11 once he is given an opportunity. It's great to see Taylor looking that bit sharper now with the competition though! Anyway, next season it may well be Mbwia and Taylor if Colo leaves.

We definitely need another striker. I've defended Cisse all season but he was very poor today. We know he can do it, but he needs to find his shooting boots again, sooner rather than later.

The depth of the squad means competition for places, no one is guaranteed a starting position now which is how it should be. The likes of Simmo/Willo/Tiote/Jonas undroppable despite poor form. It will spur the players, who now find themselves out of the side, on too

BCIGyv3CUAA1GNe.jpg:large

BCIGyv3CUAA1GNe.jpg:large

ah ha! Class!

The lad clearly wanted out as soon as he got a run of form, the constant uncertainty over his contract and the details of it were leaked by his camp. Lets also not forget that NUFC also took a big risk on him considering his long history of failed medicals and also the club stood by him during his loss of form in the second half of last season. Also our shape this season,IMHO, was as a direct result of us pandering to him in order to keep him happy. Every window his agent(s) were trying to engineer a move to bigger club. Yes he always gave 100%, but the manner in which he wrangled a move away leaves a bitter taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Demba who?

I'm not sure about anyone else but I did smile when I read Remy is out for at least a few weeks with a groin injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Neufchateau... I like it

BCK-QIiCIAA_xzW.jpg:large

Tiote back next weekend. Ivory coast beaten by Nigeria 2:1

Scorer for ivory coast? Tiote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Tiote back next weekend. Ivory coast beaten by Nigeria 2:1

Scorer for ivory coast? Tiote!
    Misplaced passed and mistimed tackle galore so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Reckon he'll start against Spurs, lads?

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Reckon he'll start against Spurs, lads?
    Dont think so if im honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Anita has been better than Tiote this season in my opinion. But if he's starting Perch ahead of Anita for the aim of having a defensive midfielder, I can see him playing Tiote instead of Perch.
    I hope so, I honestly don't remember Perch doing anything at all in the game against Chelsea.

Morpork wrote: »
    Anita has been better than Tiote this season in my opinion. But if he's starting Perch ahead of Anita for the aim of having a defensive midfielder, I can see him playing Tiote instead of Perch.
    I hope so, I honestly don't remember Perch doing anything at all in the game against Chelsea.

Sign of a thankless role...?

Thought he played quite well IMO, tackled well and setup some attacks.
    Big fan of Perch, good squad member, and a real hard worker with a passion for NUFC.

Big fan of Perch, good squad member, and a real hard worker with a passion for NUFC.

gotta agree there, the lad does a great job will play wherever hes asked and will always give 100%, hes not the most talented of players but he gives his all and every club needs a few lads like that

I would be shocked if Tiote does not start. The competition should be the kick in the ar*s he needs. Not many guaranteed starters now

I would be shocked if Tiote does not start. The competition should be the kick in the ar*s he needs. Not many guaranteed starters now

Can you imagine the intensity of the old little matches played in training....id assume pards will put sissoko and tiote on the same team, dont want them going in on one an other for any 50-50 ball

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Can you imagine the intensity of the old little matches played in training....id assume pards will put sissoko and tiote on the same team, dont want them going in on one an other for any 50-50 ball

Competition is essential, im delighted we have some now! cant imagine Mr T would like the thought of being dropped

I see Santoon has been recalled to the Italy squad. Good to see his hard work isn't going unnoticed, one of only 3 players included that play outside of Serie A.

I see Santoon has been recalled to the Italy squad. Good to see his hard work isn't going unnoticed, one of only 3 players included that play outside of Serie A.

Great, fully deserved, arguably our best and most consistent performer this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Sign of a thankless role...?

Thought he played quite well IMO, tackled well and setup some attacks.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Perch too. He was terrible at the start of his Newcastle career, but shaped up nicely since last season. I just felt he was out of form the last few games.

I wasn't watching out for him or anything, so I guess I missed the set ups and tackles.

I'm gonna watch the match again now and keep watch on him.

• Advertisement

Morpork wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I quite like Perch too. He was terrible at the start of his Newcastle career, but shaped up nicely since last season. I just felt he was out of form the last few games.

I wasn't watching out for him or anything, so I guess I missed the set ups and tackles.

I'm gonna watch the match again now and keep watch on him.

Ah yeah, I know where you're coming from.
    If we have a fully fit squad, Perch won't start, but he's ever reliable to give 100% and play any position.

From my reckoning, he has played RB, CB, DM, CM this season so far - might have even covered LB too?

Solid player, not spectacular, but a fans favourite and a great squad man :)

Going to the Derby gents! If any of ye are going would be nice to have a pre/post game jar or two with ye!

Would love to be going. I was at the last one, Shola's 90 min equaliser was some craic :pac: I think the Arsenal game is the next time I'll be over.

Would love to be going. I was at the last one, Shola's 90 min equaliser was some craic :pac: I think the Arsenal game is the next time I'll be over.

The derby is a must for me, if i get a chace to go to a second or third game I, but cant miss that!

The derby is a must for me, if i get a chace to go to a second or third game I, but cant miss that!

Aye, it's going to be a cracker this season! I can only afford the one this year, and my Arsenal mates are easily convinced for a weekend in Newcastle!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Going to the Derby gents! If any of ye are going would be nice to have a pre/post game jar or two with ye!
    Nice one,would love to be heading to that one myself but I was over for the reading game so that was enough heartache and trauma for one year for me!

How you getting tickets sorted for the derby already M5?

How you getting tickets sorted for the derby already M5?

I'm not, should be fine, just need to keep an eye!

reports doing the rounds that Danny Simpson got the sh1t kicked out of him in Manchester last night. Out cold and ambulanced away by all accounts

Update Video Here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4777584/danny-simpson-knocked-out-in-4am-brawl.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

TaosHum wrote: »
    Have to say, I actually like the look of this :pac:

Apologies for the old post response, but have they changed the colours of the club crest on that shirt?:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement