Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

dfx- wrote: »
    Apologies for the old post response, but have they changed the colours of the club crest on that shirt?:eek:

pretty sure its not real, just a mock up of a French/NUFC jersey i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

M5 wrote: »
    The lad clearly wanted out as soon as he got a run of form, the constant uncertainty over his contract and the details of it were leaked by his camp. Lets also not forget that NUFC also took a big risk on him considering his long history of failed medicals and also the club stood by him during his loss of form in the second half of last season. Also our shape this season,IMHO, was as a direct result of us pandering to him in order to keep him happy. Every window his agent(s) were trying to engineer a move to bigger club. Yes he always gave 100%, but the manner in which he wrangled a move away leaves a bitter taste!

Alot of that has to do with his agents though and you cannot say the same of the lad himself. His poor form in the latter half of last season was due to being asked to play out of position when Cisse arrived and we do not know whether Pardew pandered to him at the start of this season either. All we have to go on is the facts which was he scored 29 times in 54 games or something like that. He was partly responsible for getting us into Europe last season and possibly partly responsible for getting Cisse to the club. For me he deserves a little more credit for that.

bazual wrote: »
    Alot of that has to do with his agents though and you cannot say the same of the lad himself. His poor form in the latter half of last season was due to being asked to play out of position when Cisse arrived and we do not know whether Pardew pandered to him at the start of this season either. All we have to go on is the facts which was he scored 29 times in 54 games or something like that. He was partly responsible for getting us into Europe last season and possibly partly responsible for getting Cisse to the club. For me he deserves a little more credit for that.

Fair enough on everything bar the agents being responsible for the constant speculation. A simple "i'm not interested in moving" statement at any stage would have quelled the speculation, while there were a few wishy washy tweets he never said that he was committed even for a few months....

He's clearly in it for himself, which is fine in my eyes, but you cant expect to get the adulation of a team you just left in a relegation fight, if he stayed till summer things would have been different i'm sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

On the Danny Simpson incident in Manchester, you'd think with the tons of cash these guys earn every week that they'd develop a bit of discerning taste and sophistication like jetting off to Copenhagen or Florence for a couple of days and being able to enjoy themselves incognito.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Danny Simpson doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Advertisement

dd972 wrote: »
    On the Danny Simpson incident in Manchester, you'd think with the tons of cash these guys earn every week that they'd develop a bit of discerning taste and sophistication like jetting off to Copenhagen or Florence for a couple of days and being able to enjoy themselves incognito.

Money does not buy class, simples! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

60402110152509373715713.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Wonder if we will see Tiote take Perch's place in the first 11 tomorrow. Can see him being left out personally.

No Defoe for Spurs and Adebayor is not expected to start. Means either Bale or Dempsey will play as the lone striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

TaosHum wrote: »
    Wonder if we will see Tiote take Perch's place in the first 11 tomorrow. Can see him being left out personally.

No Defoe for Spurs and Adebayor is not expected to start. Means either Bale or Dempsey will play as the lone striker.

Can't see Tioté starting tomorrow, but you never know.

Going to be a very tough game, particularly keeping tabs on Bale. Much rather having Debuchy there instead of Danny though mind you.

Would be some three points if we managed it. Who knows, Cissé could actually start finishing his chances tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Last year's fixture is still fresh in my mind.

I'd be delighted with a draw, keep the run going. I think we'll get beat though, Spurs are a very decent side and we could struggle to deal with Bale/Lennon/Holtby

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Last year's fixture is still fresh in my mind.

I'd be delighted with a draw, keep the run going. I think we'll get beat though, Spurs are a very decent side and we could struggle to deal with Bale/Lennon/Holtby

I believe we had half a team last year, want Simmo st CB?

strangely optimistic going into this. The Chelsea game really seemed to lift the gloom

Doocey wrote: »
    Can't see Tioté starting tomorrow, but you never know.

Going to be a very tough game, particularly keeping tabs on Bale. Much rather having Debuchy there instead of Danny though mind you.

Would be some three points if we managed it. Who knows, Cissé could actually start finishing his chances tomorrow :pac:

Cost us in the end :(

Doocey wrote: »
    Cost us in the end :(

Unfortunately he's always liable to to it. Wonder whos idea it was to stand still for the FK?

Don't think either team was particularly impressive tbh. We defended pretty well, one mistake cost us dearly. Losing Gouffran was huge. He went off on a stretcher, Bale got up and scored the winner. Fine margains.

Some winnable games coming up. Lets hope we win them unlike last time we have 'winnable' games.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Cisse needs an arm around his shouler while Coloccini needs a kick up the backside after that game,both players owe the team a big performace after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Don't think either team was particularly impressive tbh. We defended pretty well, one mistake cost us dearly. Losing Gouffran was huge. He went off on a stretcher, Bale got up and scored the winner. Fine margains.

Some winnable games coming up. Lets hope we win them unlike last time we have 'winnable' games.
    After the performance s'ton put in today i wouldnt consider that a winnable game for starters

Gouffran was our best player before his injury. Great work rate, very composed on the ball and brings others into play really well. Hope his injury isn't too serious.

Will be interesting to see what team Pardew puts out tomorrow. I can see him going strong and trying to win this tie at home. Can see it being something like this:

...................Krul.....................
    Santon......Colo....Mbiwa.....Anita
    ...........Tiote.......Cabaye..........
    Marv.........Sissoko............Jonas
    ................Cisse......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm actually kinda worried about Cisse at the moment. I don't think he can lead the line by himself. He just doesn't come across as someone who can really make defenders nervous. He's got talent but when we had Carroll, he imposed himself on the game all the time and was an absolute handful for defenders.

It's a pity we don't really have anyone to come in and make him fight for his place that bit more. Would've loved to have seen Vuckic stake a claim for a place if he wasn't injured. Might make Cisse buck up his ideas a bit.

As for tomorrow I'd like to see this.
    Elliot

Debuchy --- Mbiwa --- Saylor --- Ferguson

Tiote --- Perch

Santon --- Gosling --- Marveaux

Cisse

Doubt it'll be like that though. Still, wouldn't be adverse to experimenting a bit. Santon on the right wing is something I'd love to see more regularly. His defending isn't particularly great and I think he'd do more damage in a more advanced role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm actually kinda worried about Cisse at the moment. I don't think he can lead the line by himself. He just doesn't come across as someone who can really make defenders nervous. He's got talent but when we had Carroll, he imposed himself on the game all the time and was an absolute handful for defenders.

It's a pity we don't really have anyone to come in and make him fight for his place that bit more. Would've loved to have seen Vuckic stake a claim for a place if he wasn't injured. Might make Cisse buck up his ideas a bit.

As for tomorrow I'd like to see this.
    Elliot
    Debuchy --- Mbiwa --- Saylor --- Ferguson
    Tiote --- Perch
    Santon --- Gosling --- Marveaux
    Cisse

Doubt it'll be like that though. Still, wouldn't be adverse to experimenting a bit. Santon on the right wing is something I'd love to see more regularly. His defending isn't particularly great and I think he'd do more damage in a more advanced role.

debuchy isnt in the european squad at all mbiwa got added over him

• Advertisement

Tulisa at right back so.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    debuchy isnt in the european squad at all mbiwa got added over him

Tavernier perhaps at RB? Or Anita?

Tavernier: Sporadically playing. Everytime I've seen him he's been poor. His positioning is utter shíte.

Anita: Has played there before for Ajax though his height worries me. Teams will quickly catch on to this and lash long balls over him onto pacy wingers I fear.

Any of you contemplating heading to the derby game in April?

Flights are €70 at the moment but the club have recently introduced a 6 game package that includes the Sunderland game so tickets might be quite difficult to get.

Last year I had a membership for pre-sale tickets but on the day of sale, people were buying memberships and I just got tickets.

Decisions decisions.

EDIT: Never mind. Booked accommodation and flights.

Any of you contemplating heading to the derby game in April?

Flights are €70 at the moment but the club have recently introduced a 6 game package that includes the Sunderland game so tickets might be quite difficult to get.

Last year I had a membership for pre-sale tickets but on the day of sale, people were buying memberships and I just got tickets.

Decisions decisions.

im going if i get tickets

im going if i get tickets

Decided to take the plunge.

Speaking of the derby, it'll be live on Sky on Saturday 13th April. 12:45pm kick off.

My flight's at 5:55am that morning... Long day ahead methinks. :pac:

Speaking of the derby, it'll be live on Sky on Saturday 13th April. 12:45pm kick off.

My flight's at 5:55am that morning... Long day ahead methinks. :pac:

yeah, will be on that flight myself....

yeah, will be on that flight myself....

You heading over with anyone? Pre-pre match drinks in the airport? :pac:

You heading over with anyone? Pre-pre match drinks in the airport? :pac:

Not sure just yet, might bring the ball and chain and send her down to the metro center, possibility a m8 will go either, could easily end up going myself though

well meet up for a pint or two for sure anyway!

• Advertisement

Not sure just yet, might bring the ball and chain and send her down to the metro center, possibility a m8 will go either, could easily end up going myself though

well meet up for a pint or two for sure anyway!

Good stuff lad. Strawberry was quality beforehand. Absolutely packed though.

Good stuff lad. Strawberry was quality beforehand. Absolutely packed though.

Yeah, had a pint or two there before the promotion game against Forest! Depending on flights and who goes over could be a long day of drinking :)

Yeah, had a pint or two there before the promotion game against Forest! Depending on flights and who goes over could be a long day of drinking :)

Very much so. Gonna be a tiring weekend. Bohs on the Friday night, up early for the flight to Newcastle, no sleep, lots of drinkin' and the game to contend with it.

I'm shattered thinking of it already. :pac:

Very much so. Gonna be a tiring weekend. Bohs on the Friday night, up early for the flight to Newcastle, no sleep, lots of drinkin' and the game to contend with it.

I'm shattered thinking of it already. :pac:

Thats going to be rough alright! You heading over alone or with mates?

Thats going to be rough alright! You heading over alone or with mates?

Heading over myself. Have done all my trips alone and had a blast. Mates aren't around/interested nor do they have any interest in Newcastle really.

Actually, I did head to the derby with a mate last year but he fúcking ruined it. Was like looking after an overgrown baby that only wanted to eat and sleep.

My first derby experience was kinda ruined by him tbh. Never again.

Heading over myself. Have done all my trips alone and had a blast. Mates aren't around/interested nor do they have any interest in Newcastle really.

Actually, I did head to the derby with a mate last year but he fúcking ruined it. Was like looking after an overgrown baby that only wanted to eat and sleep.

My first derby experience was kinda ruined by him tbh. Never again.

Yeah, know the feeling.... I make sure the plans are laid out first. Have generally headed out on a session for weekend games! Did a day trip once too! the early start will mean a siesta post game for me or an early night, decisions decisions!

• Advertisement

Looks like Mr T will still play regardless of his off the field troubles with his motor. Then again it is the daily mail......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2278254/Europe-League-Cheick-Tiote-start-Newcastle-despite-arrested-Tuesday.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

is the game on the box tonight lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Setanta were showing most of the Newcastle games but now they appear to have dropped them in favour of Chelsea and Spurs.:(

Raoul wrote: »
    Setanta were showing most of the Newcastle games but now they appear to have dropped them in favour of Chelsea and Spurs.:(

Espn have it too but not in ROI wonder does another channel have it here, its not on setanta anyway or tv3, itv etc was hopin it would be on :mad:

Annoying all right. But there will be plenty of perfect quality ESPN streams floating about near KO.

• Advertisement

Annoying all right. But there will be plenty of perfect quality ESPN streams floating about near KO.

cool thx dude drop me a pm if u find a good 1, are they good enough to put up on the tv or just good quality on small screen?

cadete wrote: »
    cool thx dude drop me a pm if u find a good 1, are they good enough to put up on the tv or just good quality on small screen?

Sound, usually can get one good enough to put on the TV when it's on ESPN.

No idea what to expect tonight tbh. What sort of team we'll field and what the opposition will be like.

I'm expecting Pardew to field a strong side and with Metalist into their third month of a winter break, I can see them being rusty.

Very confident of a good result from this one (and I'm not usually one for optimism).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I saw a video of the Newcastle squad training...with scarves wrapped around their necks and mouths...is this a new thing?:eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    I saw a video of the Newcastle squad training...with scarves wrapped around their necks and mouths...is this a new thing?:eek:

Snoods I assume, probably on the foreign players?
    Quite common, in fact, I'd love if the club starting selling such snoods. :pac:

TaosHum wrote: »
    I'm expecting Pardew to field a strong side and with Metalist into their third month of a winter break, I can see them being rusty.

Very confident of a good result from this one (and I'm not usually one for optimism).

Shakhtar didn't look too rusty last night! :)

They cruised their group - D-W-W-W-W-L, only lost the last game to Rapid Wein because they had already qualified (the only points Rapid Wein got in the group). Finished above Leverkusen who are one of the best teams in Germany this year drawing with them away and beating them 2-0 at home.

I think this may be a tougher tie than we expect!

Pardews comments definitely suggest they are a side worthy of respect. Looking forward to it anyway. HTL.

Krul; Yanga-Mbiwa, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Santon; Tiote, Cabaye; Obertan, Sissoko, Gutierrez; Cisse.

Very strong team. Can Mbiwa play RB then? Anita must be gutted, can't get a game anymore.

Krul; Yanga-Mbiwa, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Santon; Tiote, Cabaye; Obertan, Sissoko, Gutierrez; Cisse.

Very strong team. Can Mbiwa play RB then? Anita must be gutted, can't get a game anymore.

Makes sense to win this tie at St James so our best players don't have to travel for the away leg. I think the toon at 6/5 on paddy power for the win is great odds for this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement