Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cissé's an interesting player. When he's got time to think about what he wants to do, he nearly always fúcks it up but under pressure he comes up with the most audacious attempts/goals.

Shoot first time from now on son. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

He's infuriating to watch but he pulls some rabbits out of the hat when he wants to!! :)
    Hopefully he can find a bit of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Perchinho on his nickname in my interview with him:

"I can remember it all started away at West Brom last season, and it seemed to stick since that. I don't know the direct source of it but someone should put their hand up and take great credit for it!"

Will post the rest of it when its in article form :)

Swansea away going to be an interesting game, if we get Hatem back we could nick it you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm hoping they'll be hungover after their cup win.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

We had a great 2-0 away win from swansea last year,unfortunately,3 things are against us repeating that this time around.
    For a start swansea are much improved from last year and they'll be on a high from last sunday,also the reason we won last year was because our defence was brilliant that day,something that we haven't said much this year and also Cisse was scoring for fun then,something which also isn't happening at the minute. I'd love to say we'll get a draw but I can't see it and I think Swansea will shade it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Seannew1 wrote: »
    We had a great 2-0 away win from swansea last year,unfortunately,3 things are against us repeating that this time around.
    For a start swansea are much improved from last year and they'll be on a high from last sunday,also the reason we won last year was because our defence was brilliant that day,something that we haven't said much this year and also Cisse was scoring for fun then,something which also isn't happening at the minute. I'd love to say we'll get a draw but I can't see it and I think Swansea will shade it tomorrow.

Swansea last year had like 80% possession yet they did nothing with it, I cannot remember them having a decent chance in that game they just passed between back and midfield,
    I think we should at least taking a draw from this game and should be winning, michu wont get the space he did last sunday and i think swansea will be really weary of our counter attack

My verdict 3 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ranger has left the building!! :)

That's honestly the best news related to nufc i've heard in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ranger has left the building!! :)

Frightening to think how much he got paid for doing so considering he had quite a lot of time left on his contract.

What an oxygen thief that man is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf
    FACT: Nile Ranger leaves Newcastle United with more Career Arrests (6) than Career Goals (5).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf
    FACT: Nile Ranger leaves Newcastle United with more Career Arrests (6) than Career Goals (5).
    what wages was he on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Stories of Cabaye having a 34 million release clause doing the rounds. More than welcome to take him for that money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

M5 wrote: »
    Stories of Cabaye having a 34 million release clause doing the rounds. More than welcome to take him for that money!

love cabs but for 34 million we could really improve our side

Lineup

Elliot; Debuchy, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Tiote, Cabaye (c); Gutierrez, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse.

Swansea one-2's back heels, nutmegs all coming off,

could be a long day!

Two errors from Elliott already, looks nervous!

Sammy scores for Boro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Not able to watch today, how we playing? Happy enough to tune in to 0-0 at this stage anyway.

See saw game, couple of chances for swansea, nowt for us. Could go either way. First goal will win it i'd imagine

Cisse should have scored!!!

• Advertisement

Gouffran should ahve scored too!!!! great work from Cabaye and Sissoko

Cabaye hits the bar :(

Our corners not getting any better, Cabaye has kicked it out of play twice today? Have we hit 400 corners with one goal yet? must be close?

Sustained pressure now my NUFC

All Newcastle. Should be ahead. Just need a break.

For gods sake. Comedy stuff.

• Advertisement

Ah piss off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Don't fúcking believe that!

Return of our old luck, how did that ball end up there FFS

Totally undeserved. Ridiculous goal to give away but if you don't take your chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Hard being a Newcastle fan tbh.

• Advertisement

cross deflects, defender misses it, deflects of another defender onto the first defender straight to swansea player who hits it, deflects off cabaye away from the keeper...

Seriously?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Unbelievable! Just couldn't take our chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Tough loss. Really didn't deserve to lose that one. Much the better team in the 2nd half.

Lads, how Jonas is still getting his game baffles me.

That_Guy wrote: »

I think its down to Pardew not trusting Marveaux to do the hard work and get back. If he continues to start when HBA is back, then I don't know.

I have been screaming that for ages. He provides cover for the full back but as he offers so little going forward he ends up freeing up their FB to come forward, negating his cover. Waste of time playing him. Sadly he seems to be past it

I have been screaming that for ages. He provides cover for the full back but as he offers so little going forward he ends up freeing up their FB to come forward, negating his cover. Waste of time playing him. Sadly he seems to be past it

His defensive work is great but offers us nothing particularly when we were chasing the game on Saturday. Personally I'd have Anita in Jonas' position.

His defensive work is great but offers us nothing particularly when we were chasing the game on Saturday. Personally I'd have Anita in Jonas' position.

You simply cant have a player who offers 0 going forward on the wing. I think, for once we have a consensus

You simply cant have a player who offers 0 going forward on the wing. I think, for once we have a consensus

Gouffran does what Jonas used to do.

When Hatem comes back it's got to be Gouffran on the left and Hatem on the right. It has to be!!

Still waiting on these Sun'lun tickets to drop for next month.

Gouffran does what Jonas used to do.

When Hatem comes back it's got to be Gouffran on the left and Hatem on the right. It has to be!!

Still waiting on these Sun'lun tickets to drop for next month.

Yeah, will surely be Jonas' replacement!

Keeping an eye on them myself lad! Have flights booked anyway

• Advertisement

I'm a fan of Jonas but his form has definitely dipped this season. I still trust him to have around the squad though whereas Anita and Marveaux I'm not sold on entirely.

Yeah, will surely be Jonas' replacement!

Keeping an eye on them myself lad! Have flights booked anyway

I'm expecting them early next week I'd say. Wouldn't want to be leaving it any later than that.

Looking forward to heading back to the Strawberry pub. Quality pub for pre match.

Seems to be a good few on Viagogo for the Sunderland game.

Anoeta wrote: »
    Seems to be a good few on Viagogo for the Sunderland game.

They're mad expensive. I got tickets in the Milburn from the NUFC box office for £45 and they're charging £65 for the same area on that site...

They're mad expensive. I got tickets in the Milburn from the NUFC box office for £45 and they're charging £65 for the same area on that site...

Yeh the price flies up for the "sell outs" on that site. If you can get it through the club directly all the better but probably difficult enough for Sunderland.

247 corners without a goal and only 1 in 350+

The long ball has been sorted, now time for pards to focus on this issue!

Cisse left out for the Anzhi game. Ben Arfa and Campbell in the squad.

Hopefully Cisse's ok for Stoke. Squad in full.....
    Alnwick, Shola, Anita, Ben Arfa, Bigirimana, Cabaye, Campbell, Elliot, Gosling, Haidara, Marveaux, Obertan, Perch, Santon, Simpson, Sissoko, Steven Taylor, Tiote, Mapou

With no Gouffran either it means Shola is all but certain to start up top.

Who plays behind him will be interesting. I don't see HBA starting, so I'd predict Marv, Sissoko and Jonas. But I've seen Obertan start ahead of Marv before so wouldn't rule that out.

Rest of the side I see being the same as the team that won in Kharkiv.

• Advertisement

TaosHum wrote: »
    With no Gouffran either it means Shola is all but certain to start up top.

Who plays behind him will be interesting. I don't see HBA starting, so I'd predict Marv, Sissoko and Jonas. But I've seen Obertan start ahead of Marv before so wouldn't rule that out.

Rest of the side I see being the same as the team that won in Kharkiv.

Jonas was left at home. Will probably be Anita or Obertan I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement