Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

• 18-06-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Birmingham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Birmingham. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Any Cork based Birmingham fans will be able to see their team play Cork City on 16th of July in Turners Cross, 7pm K.O.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2011/06/10/city-to-face-carling-cup-winners-in-july/

Most probably know about this, but for the ones that don't :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

There are Birmingham fans in Cork:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    There are Birmingham fans in Cork:eek:

You never know :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The friendly was supposedly organised because McLeish was interested in signing Graham Cummins and wanted to see him in action.

We should get a good following over, won't be there as I will be holiday.
    Should be a good atmosphere though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Why the new Thread:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Hootanany wrote: »
    Why the new Thread:confused:

every club gets a new thread every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

frantic190 wrote: »
    Any Cork based Birmingham fans will be able to see their team play Cork City on 16th of July in Turners Cross, 7pm K.O.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2011/06/10/city-to-face-carling-cup-winners-in-july/

Most probably know about this, but for the ones that don't :)

AS a Cork City fan I cant believe that City are still acting like this and puting on glorified Trials. This kind of stupidity got them into trouble in the first place. So much for Foras. Makes me ashamed

Hootanany wrote: »

Jersey should end up looking like either of these two examples

bir96ts_l.jpg

xtepblackpenguinaway.jpg

Should be a nice looking kit.

AS a Cork City fan I cant believe that City are still acting like this and puting on glorified Trials. This kind of stupidity got them into trouble in the first place. So much for Foras. Makes me ashamed

Why

• Advertisement

A lot of press are reporting that Hughton will be confirmed as our manager tomorrow morning. I hope so, he is the best candidate of the three that have been linked with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    A lot of press are reporting that Hughton will be confirmed as our manager tomorrow morning. I hope so, he is the best candidate of the three that have been linked with us.
    I like Hughton a lot. He was harshly treated at Newcastle, but has always had a great reputation wherever he has coached. Think he'll be a good appointment for ye.

Looking like Hughton might be appointed tonight, some of the staff are still at St Andrews. I feel like it is deadline day.

Edit: No appointment tonight, have to wait till tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Best of luck to Chris Hughton. Tremendous manager and seems like a true gent. Wish him every possible success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well that would be a nice bounce for Hughton, should be able to do a job there if he can cope with the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Confirmed that Hughton is manager now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is the acid test for Hughton IMO.

He got promoted with the best ever squad to be in the Championship at Newcastle, so that wasn't exactly a difficult task, and although he had some good results in the Premier League he had only took 1 win from 5 games and were only 4 points from relegation at the time he was dismissed. He also had a lower win percentage in the Premier League than Roeder and Allardyce.

I'd be sceptical if I was a Birmingham fan. Personally I think someone like Curbishley would have been a better option.

Will give him the benefit of doubt ATM now that Judas has gone, might get some better football played now.

He was my favourite of the three managers we were linked with so am glad he has been appointed. It is only on a 12 month contract so it is not that massive of a risk.

• Advertisement

Interesting Board statement (http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2381869,00.html)
    Following assumptive and incorrect newspaper articles published over the last couple of days, that Birmingham City is concerned could potentially lead to our supporters believing something that is inaccurate, the club has released the following statement…

The club is disturbed and very concerned with the recent reporting by selective, and we believe agenda-led, reporters suggesting that the Birmingham City Board had interfered with the previous manager in the transfer market. That is factually incorrect and the club did, on the 14th June 2011, release a statement on this site stating our position.

It is reiterated very strongly that there is a robust system in place whereby only players with the written authorisation of the manager had ever arrived at the club under the previous manager and will still be the case going forward.

Players recommended by the Board, such as Babel, Odemwingie, Pennant and a Chinese player, for commercial reasons, didn't arrive as no approval was forthcoming from the manager. Players such as Dembele chose not to come and N'Zogbia due to his sudden demand for last minute increase in wages. In the case of Zamora, it was felt there had been quite a few injuries and anyway he signed a massive new contract at Fulham due to our approach.

As the legal dispute is ongoing, it is appropriate that this myth of interference is put to rest once and for all.

Our legal action against McLeish and Villa looks like it should be successful but I presume we will settle before it goes to Court because any details revealed in Court will be potentially embarrassing for all parties concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thoughts on Craig Gardner to Sunderland for £5m, according to Sky Sports?

Paully D wrote: »
    Thoughts on Craig Gardner to Sunderland for £5m, according to Sky Sports?

Would be surprised if we let him go for that price, a bid somewhere in between 7-8 million and it would be accepted.

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2383798,00.html

Adam Rooney has signed, I know nothing about him. Seems like the only reason we went for him is because he was on a free. Has a good goal scoring record and is young so hopefully can be a success for us. His signing probably means that one or both of Jerome and Zigic is leaving.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Would be surprised if we let him go for that price, a bid somewhere in between 7-8 million and it would be accepted.

that's a nonsense price for him

Helix wrote: »
    that's a nonsense price for him

I agree but the going rate for average players is high.

he's a £3m player and not a penny more

Helix wrote: »
    he's a £3m player and not a penny more

We paid 3 million for him, his value has increased from then. From a reserve team player to getting more than 10 goals in a season should at least double his price.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

Definitely worrying, it is supposed to be unconnected to the running of the club but I fail to see how that is possible. Could be bad times ahead if a case is brought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

So Johnson is off to Wolves it looks like, will miss him badly. Bowyer gone on a free also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

BCFC to go into administration according to media tomorrow? big points deduction there I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

BCFC to go into administration according to media tomorrow? big points deduction there I'd say.

Seen that too , how can that happen to a club like this

How? be owned by two carpetbaggers who sell out to another even dodgier character!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Chris Hughton must have done some really naughty things in a previous life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Seen that too , how can that happen to a club like this

Their supporters will be pining for the days of Gold & Sullivan when they get a 10 point deduction, their stay in the championship could be a short one.

Dreadful news, I never expected it to get this bad. I figured we had to sell a couple of players and that would help balance the books but at this stage I can see us selling our entire squad. The root of this problem is Gold and Sullivan who said they would never sell us to anyone dodgy. If only we stayed up we would have been able to stave it off. The club will be picked off now,expect to see Dann, Foster, Ridgewell, Zigic, Jerome, Carr, Beausejour, Michel and anyone else of value sold off at knock down prices.

Edit: Tom Ross reporting that there is no threat of administration just that some unpopular decisions will have to be made. So we will not lose 10 points but will lose 10 players

Anyone got a link

There is the story by Tatts

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2011/07/27/birmingham-city-carson-yeung-asset-freeze-could-mean-more-player-sales-97319-29126545/

Tom Ross reporting that Foster has agreed to move on loan to West Brom and the deal should be completed in the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Are we gone yet

Ben Foster gone to WBA on season long loan deal, we get Boaz Myhill in return. A good enough deal, Myhill is a good keeper and Dave Watson should get the best out of him.

Starting 11 against Derby:

Myhill

Carr Caldwell Davies Ridgewell

Burke Mutch Gomis Fahey Beausejour

Rooney

Subs: Doyle, Dann, Murphy, Redmond, Woods

It is a good starting 11 and some good players to come off the bench. Am surprised Dann is not playing but he still must be injured. I think we will win 3-1, goals from Rooney, Burke and Mutch.

Dann is probably being kept off the pitch to protect his transfer value. Liverpool and Arsenal
    are interested.

mike65 wrote: »
    Dann is probably being kept off the pitch to protect his transfer value. Liverpool and Arsenal
    are interested.

Dann is still recovering from his injury and is not fully fit yet so that is why he is on the bench, this is according to the Clubs press officer. I think we need to play him if we want to sell him. Would be a risk for clubs spending big on him when he has barely played in 6 months.

Well signing an injured player is pretty standard practice for Liverpool these days :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Just said I'd pop in here to wish Birmingham the best of luck this season.
    They've got the right guy in charge; an absolute gent and proven in both the Premier League & Championship.
    If he is allowed to run the side the way he wants, and bring in the players he desires that I'd be very surprised if ye're not knocking about come the New Year.

Best of luck lads!

Staring 11 for the Nacional game
    Myhil
    Carr Davies Caldwell Murphy
    Ridgewell
    Burke Spector Beausejour Redmond
    Wood

Bench: Doyle, Hubbins, Fahey, Valles, Jervis, Asante, Rooney.

Strange starting 11, Ridgewell and Beausejour being played out of position. Looks like we are playing for a draw. No Dann on the bench so as not to harm his selling value.

Hope the game is on the telly next Thursday

2.0 up Redmond & Murphy KRO

• Advertisement
Advertisement