Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

3,0 Happy days:D

Watford today

...........Myhill

Carr ..Dann.. Davies.. Ridgewell

Burke..... Fahey....... Redmond

..........Beausejour

........Jerome... Rooney

Nice team if it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

What a clearout. Looks like:
    Dann to Blackburn
    Jerome to Stoke
    Beausejour to Wigan
    Ridgewell to QPR

So only Dann and Jerome go. Ridgewell has transfer request rejected. Glad to see Beausejour still there. And we got in a couple of players in Elliot from Burnley and Ibanez from WBA.

Think the squad is good enough now to push for a playoff place although I don't expect much better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

At the moment the squad is not good enough for the playoffs, a lot depends on the return of King and Zigic, plus seeing what loans we bring in. I think we will finish mid table with the squad we have, however the Championship is so unpredictable so we could really finish anywhere.

Braga game is on ITV4 on Thursday night

Team: Myhill, Carr, Ibanez, Ridgewell, Murphy, Elliot, N'Daw, Spector, Redmond, King, Rooney

Subs: Doyle, Davies, Caldwell, Burke, Asante, Wood, Beausejour.

By the looks of that team I think Hughton is going for the win. Not sure how we will do, a lot are making their debuts so it will be important that the team gels quickly.

Not going to be able to watch the match but hopefully I will catch highlights later.

Should be a cracking atmosphere, disappointing that Braga only brought less than 20 fans but still should be a special night.

We won 2 1 last night looking good for a patched up side.

Is everyone gone off Blues we won in Europe again top of the League:D

• Advertisement

It was a great victory mid week, and we are going well in the Championship as well so things are looking up. Unsure about todays game, I think a draw will be a good result.

Team: Myhill, Carr, Davies, Caldwell, Ridgewell, Burke, Gomis, Fahey, Beauejour, King, Wood.

Bench: Doyle, Spector, Murphy, Redmond, Zigic.

Probably our strongest team at the moment, still unsure of Gomis and Fahey in the middle but the rest of the team are performing well.

Why dont we. Start Ziggy

Certainly not showing any European hangover, great victory today. Burke has been excellent so far. Up to 14th, if we win our games in hand we could be up to 2nd.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/517186-unhappy-bristol-city-fan

Tom Ross is a legend, "thanks for the three points".

Starting XI against Leeds

Myhill, Carr, Davies, Caldwell, Ridgewell, Burke, Spector, Fahey, Beausejour, Zigic, and King

Bench: Doyle, Murphy, N'Daw, Rooney, Wood.

Tough match tonight, a draw will be a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

suprised to not see Wood starting. I guess Zigic is to expose our set piece weakness.

• Advertisement

Yeah I am surprised Wood is on the bench, him and King were developing a nice partnership. Zigic is a lot more effective coming off the bench against a tiring defence so I am not sure the decision to start him tonight was the right one.

Europa match tonight on ITV4

Match away to Braga tonight being shown on ITV 4 ( Sky > Other Channels ) @ 6pm

Change up front King & Redmond

Bad loss especially considering Brugge's epic comeback. I imagine that is us out of the competition now, can see Brugge and Braga playing out a comfortable draw.

• Advertisement

4-1 up against Leeds with Zigic grabbing all 4. Maybe a late bid for him. Delighted for the big man.

Recently heard Clive Tylsley say in commentary that the problem with Zigic was that his brain was always too far from the ball.......it ain't tonight. Chris Hughton amazing job. If they get their finances sorted and we keep him the future looks very bright. AND we are now good to watch !

We are really starting banging them in now , might get automatic promotion if they keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doocey wrote: »
    Just said I'd pop in here to wish Birmingham the best of luck this season.
    They've got the right guy in charge; an absolute gent and proven in both the Premier League & Championship.
    If he is allowed to run the side the way he wants, and bring in the players he desires that I'd be very surprised if ye're not knocking about come the New Year.

Best of luck lads!

Not one bit surprised with Birmingham City so far.
    Hughton such a gent and is doing fantastically well despite losing 14 players?!

Also - he got manager of the month today i think? Well deserved.

Hope to see Hoots back in the PL by May :)

Colin Tattum has tweeted that he is expecting Lee Clark to be confirmed tomorrow or at least by Wednesday. It is no surprise as he was the only one interviewed for the job.

I am optimistic about him, a good enough record at Huddersfield. Will not be an easy task for him, will have to deal with player exits and working under a transfer embargo. The fact he applied for the job knowing all these facts makes me think he has a plan for the year ahead.

Lee Clark officially appointed as manager. Beat out 21 other candidates including Roy Keane, Phil Brown, and Alan Curbishley. Best of luck to him, is a good young manager with a point to prove.

Never heated of him did you check ou Peter Pannu's statement.

Yeah saw Pannu's statement. It seems like he really does not know what is happening in China/Hong Kong. Puts the knife into Vico Hui and Mutch. No real sign of a takeover so we are stuck with Yeung for the foreseeable. Least the club is sustainable and has made a profit last year. Still will see some player sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Well lads...

Any opinions on Adam Rooney, is he capable of developing further? Will we every see him in an Irish shirt? Doesn't look like it, but was just looking through all the prospects for the future, even though he's 24 or something.

I see Folan's been released... Long-term injury or couldn't get in the squad?

Hughton need to find his level lower down maybe?

Well lads...

Any opinions on Adam Rooney, is he capable of developing further? Will we every see him in an Irish shirt? Doesn't look like it, but was just looking through all the prospects for the future, even though he's 24 or something.

I see Folan's been released... Long-term injury or couldn't get in the squad?

Hughton need to find his level lower down maybe?

Doubt Rooney will ever get a cap for Ireland. Never been a regular with us, might get a few more chances this year but is not a guaranteed starter.

Folan was only on a short term contract (only around 3 months). He was only signed due to an injury crisis. He had been training with us a while but was still short of fitness when he signed. Never regained fitness with us.

• Advertisement

0,,10412~11028138,00.jpg

Lovenkrands has signed on a two year deal. Good move for the club. We finally signed him after tracking him for the last few years. It has been a good start to the Lee Clark regime with the new coaches, and Carr and Doyle resigning. Feeling optimistic for the season ahead.

Bit of a bad news with Fahey being out injured till September, hopefully it is not too serious but it is worrying he has had the same injury for the last few weeks. Need a midfield replacement, Carter is on trial but really do not think he is the solution. Hard to find a good replacement on loan or on a bosman.

0,,10412~11031139,00.jpg

New keeper David Lucas has signed. Not a great CV but will be decent backup for Doyle and Butland. Some people are reading too much into this transfer as signalling Butland's departure. However I think we need 3 senior keepers. Plus with Butland missing pre season we need another option. I am still fully believe Butland will be our Number 1 for the year ahead.

Advertisement