Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Will be a tough task to beat Valencia now. Terrible substitutions by AVB, We had a clean sheet and he changes CB and DM. Cost us the game. There was no need for it. Also why was Mata not playing in the centre? Ineffectual on the wing again. AVB needs to start learning from his mistakes.

Merieles was on a yellow card,but I agree with everything else.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Can't remember ever been this frustrated supporting Chelsea, the only free flowing football AVB has got us playing is across the back 4 and were not even good at that, Valencia will tear us apart :mad:

How long are you supporting Chelsea?

Surely there were worse periods pre-Roman??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Home draw is still enough to get through. The goal didn't change much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Bollox - late goal - bye bye AVB

Ah now thats just silly, something needs to be done but sacking the manager isn't the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Goes on head to head.

First game of the group ended Valencia 1-1 Chelsea.

If the next game ends up 1-1 they will be level on head to head and so will go on goal difference (I tihnk) which Valencia are well ahead in.

Any high score draws valencia go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Drogba and Danny too alike and too often stood next to each other and made the same runs.
    Drogba too selfish as usual

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

rarnes1 wrote: »

A lot of bloody fair weather Chelsea fans will be found in here unfortunetly .

Ah now silly thats just silly, something needs to be done but sacking the manager isn't the answer.

I think he meant Roman might act, not that he thinks he should go.
    Pressure now will be huge for young shoulders and the press will be relentless

Its a shame because every chelsea supporter wants a long term manager, but by christ AVB is not making it easy for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Masked Man wrote: »
    last year was worse.

Really? We are struggling to qualify for the next round of the CL
    , it's only nov and we don't have a hope of winning the league, we'll be luck to even make Europa league next year the way we are playing

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »

Fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Fail

explain?

i believed the same was true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I think he meant Roman might act, not that he thinks he should go.
    Pressure now will be huge for young shoulders and the press will be relentless

Its a shame because every chelsea supporter wants a long term manager, but by christ AVB is not making it easy for himself

but does anyone actually have any faith in him making the right changes, I don't.

I want so badly for him to be a success at chelsea but he does not have the experience to fix things when they are going wrong. We are a shambles defensivly, his starting line ups and subs are baffling. He justifies the high line by talking about attacking football but WE ARE NOT PLAYING GOOD ATTACKING FOOTBALL SO WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Really? We are struggling to qualify for the next round of the CL
    , it's only nov and we don't have a hope of winning the league, we'll be luck to even make Europa league next year the way we are playing

yes last year was far more frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Ye of course there has been worse periods I never said that if you read my post correctly you'll see I said most frustrating, we have a so called team of superstars who can't even defend a set piece, I've been supporting Chelsea all my life too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fail

0-0 is enough. Fail for you. and a rolleyes. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What a bunch of useless overpaid c*nts...

Johner wrote: »

i don't fancy us getting a nil nil tbh

Well we'll have to play the game of our lives, this is now beyond a blip, its a meltdown, I really want AVB to do well but he's not doing himself any favors.:(

A lot of bloody fair weather Chelsea fans will be found in here unfortunetly .

I was there when we were relegated in the 80's
    I can still remember the headline
    "Seen one goal conceded at the bridge, seen them all...."!!!!

Problem is, after over 30 years of hurt and a billionaire owner, one does expect a certain amount of success!

Having said that, Roman is as much to blame for our downs as well as our ups.
    He's too emotionally involved, buying players he likes, listening to too many lick ass advisors suggesting this and that, or that we wouldnt have to buy any more cos the academy would do it (Thanks Frank)
    basically we needed\need a manager to stay long enough to rebuild the squad properly with proper funds, but Roman has been too fickle and either sacked em early or not given them the funds or spent on the wrong players (Sheva, Torres)

Look at our choices up front, Drog, - no way, Torres - would you back him to come on and score a winner or influence a game? No you wouldnt.
    Anelka - on his way out. Danny and Luka, young and raw.
    Danny is now our best striker - how did that happen?

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »

Same, if Valencia score first we are fairly ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Why so negative? We need a result of some sort, if everyone thought like that we'd never have a hope. Get behind the team (as hard as it may be at present) an egg them on, you have to take the good with the bad. Taking a defeatist attitude will only make things worse IMO.

explain?

i believed the same was true

From BBC:

2135: So Chelsea will face a winner-takes-all clash with Valencia in their final group game, then. Bayer Leverkusen top Group E ahead of their London rivals, who share eight points with Valencia. Only a goalless draw or win will be enough for Chelsea in that game. Crunch match

1-1 2-2 3-3 etc.. are all draws right? If the score ends as such Chelsea are out. Simples without the rolleyes.

I expect the thanks to be removed from this post lol.

From BBC:

2135: So Chelsea will face a winner-takes-all clash with Valencia in their final group game, then. Bayer Leverkusen top Group E ahead of their London rivals, who share eight points with Valencia. Only a goalless draw or win will be enough for Chelsea in that game. Crunch match

1-1 2-2 3-3 etc.. are all draws right? If the score ends as such Chelsea are out. Simples without the rolleyes.

0-0 = "a draw."

Simples avec rolleyes et al.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

From BBC:

And so is 0-0.

Like i said fail. The goal changed everything.

AVB being interviewed, shellshocked, thought Cech should have done better for that second goal after his 2 great saves.

• Advertisement

Why so negative? We need a result of some sort, if everyone thought like that we'd never have a hope. Get behind the team (as hard as it may be at present) an egg them on, you have to take the good with the bad. Taking a defeatist attitude will only make things worse IMO.

I am 100% behind the team as always but my honest feeling based on how we are playing is that we will **** it up. I hope not

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Crazy horse is right; the goal changed quite a lot because it means if Valencia score at the Bridge then Chelsea /have/ to win. Any kind of draw would have been sufficient without the Bayer goal.

It looked like Cech thought it was going over and pulled his hands away at the last second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Crazy horse is right; the goal changed quite a lot because it means if Valencia score at the Bridge then Chelsea /have/ to win. Any kind of draw would have been sufficient without the Bayer goal.

Even if he was partially right, there was no need to act the dick.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Blatter wrote: »
    Calling 'fail' is about as tame as it gets round here to be honest, though I suppose there are more diplomatic ways...

Blatter wrote: »

Who's acting the dick? I made a point about the goal changing everything which poster said it did'nt to which someone decided to bring out a smart comment and the rolleyes. Jesus it's like a bunch of 11 year olds in here at times. It's no wonder the quality of posting on this forum is appauling when posters get attacked for stating a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I am the internet police and I say you are both deadly!

0-0 or Chelsea win else Chelsea out I think

Trilla wrote: »
    I am the internet police and I say you are both deadly!

0-0 or Chelsea win else Chelsea out I think
    Wheres your badge cop?

Who's acting the dick? I made a point about the goal changing everything which poster said it did'nt to which someone decided to bring out a smart comment and the rolleyes. Jesus it's like a bunch of 11 year olds in here at times. It's no wonder the quality of posting on this forum is appauling when posters get attacked for stating a fact.

Yawn. Before the goal a draw would have sufficed, after the goal a 0-0 draw will still suffice. Its a bit rich to complain about quality of posting when your initial contribution was a smart aleck comment.

Yawn. Before the goal a draw would have sufficed, after the goal a 0-0 draw will still suffice. Its a bit rich to complain about quality of posting when your initial contribution was a smart aleck comment.

I don't know if you realise it but that is the difference the goal made. If it had'nt of been scored Chelsea would have needed any type of draw now they need a 0-0 or a win.Think about it for a while i know it's late and your tired by your yawn.

In fairness that goal made quite a difference.

Chelsea aren't a team you could see getting a nil nil atm, I'm sure their fans would agree.

A score draw would be more likely of any draw the way the team is defending and that's not enough to go through.

A win is needed to make sure and I think they'll get it tbh.

• Advertisement

In fairness that goal made quite a difference.

Chelsea aren't a team you could see getting a nil nil atm, I'm sure their fans would agree.

A score draw would be more likely of any draw the way the team is defending and that's not enough to go through.

A win is needed to make sure and I think they'll get it tbh.

Should be a good game either way but Valencia are no pushovers although they are'nt the team they once where. (yes i know they scored 7 tonight):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

and your tired by your yawn.

I'm sick, dyin at home and have been for a while but that made me laugh... I'm coughing now cas of the laugh but I did find that funny. Well played Mr Horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

A set piece and a lack in concentration cost us. Its inevitable that questions about AVBs future will be asked, after all this is Chelsea we are talking about.

Id be fearful for AVB, Roman is ruthless and i wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in the not to distant future unless things pick up dramatically.

How we can pick things up i don't no, I've said it before AVB is forcing a style of football on Chelsea that they just simply cannot play and it is devastating us at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Going to be a long season if we go out of CL this soon.
    EPL is already out of reach .
    Not sure AVB would survive that.

When accessing a manager you have to ask a simple question. Is the manager getting the best out of the players avaliable to him? In AVB's case the answer is no. Hopefully that changes in the next few weeks but failure to get out of the group will 100% see him sacked sadly.

When accessing a manager you have to ask a simple question. Is the manager getting the best out of the players avaliable to him? In AVB's case the answer is no. Hopefully that changes in the next few weeks but failure to get out of the group will 100% see him sacked sadly.

Stop, think and compare with Man City

Vastly more experienced manager (who was also sacked for past CL failings)
    Huge amounts spent on squad, now in danger of crashing out

Will he be sacked or will their league position save him?

I would say he is more vunerable

SAF also not doing as well as expected, though I think theres no danger of him being sacked

Stop, think and compare with Man City

Vastly more experienced manager (who was also sacked for past CL failings)
    Huge amounts spent on squad, now in danger of crashing out

Will he be sacked or will their league position save him?

I would say he is more vunerable

SAF also not doing as well as expected, though I think theres no danger of him being sacked

Yeah but man city have a very difficult group and are performing very well in the league. Can you imagine chelsea in that group, we would already be out of it.

Veles wrote: »
    FFS it starts..
    Got a text from a mate saying AVB has been sacked:rolleyes:

from bbc

"AVB = Another Vulnerable Boss."

made me smile

Veles wrote: »
    FFS it starts..
    Got a text from a mate saying AVB has been sacked:rolleyes:

And Robbie steps up and leads us to glory!

(even seen a report that he is on the verge of quitting as he misses being the boss and doesnt have much input with AVB)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement