Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    This is for Terry and Amiable, considering its Friday and all.

Here you go,

can_t_we_all_just_get_along_t_shirt__57412_zoom_xlarge.jpeg

If only they had been discussing de bruyne or Lukaka
    Then it would officially be...............

Belgian waffle friday!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150152940799244.301780.116903609243

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Abramovich is reported to be getting impatient as Villas-Boas enters his second day without a trophy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Waste of money!
    care to elabotate or would that be too difficult?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Belgian waffle friday!

comment_corner_door.gif

:pac: :P :pac:

Belgian waffle friday!

Careful now or i'll invite Flah in to get to you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What I worry about is if City sell Tevez they are going to go out and sign someone top quality, Aguero, Eto'o or someone in that mould. Next year i think it really is between Us, and the both Manchester teams, with Arsenal pushing but failing and Liverpool will be the team not much is expected of but they will battle, Spurs will have a hard job on their hands and I dont think they will get top 4 next year either.

What my predicition is :

1) Chelsea - Champions by about 9 points

2) City - Not winning games they should and lack of any consistency

3) Utd - Drawing too many games, like the year just gone will cost them

4) Arsenal - Brillant at times, average at others, the tale of Arsenal FC.

5) Liverpool - Still building, will push all the top 4 and may beat Arsenal to 4th

6) Spurs - Just not good enough to be up there in the CL spots every year and with Liverpool turning the corner and City pushing on, Spurs will ahve been left behind.

What I will say is I think everyone in the top 6 will beat each other and take points from one and other, it will all come down to, IMO, who has the best home record and who can avoid been beating away to their rivals.

In Carlos first season we beat Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool home and away, thats 18 points from 18 off our biggest rivals and that was the main reason we won the title and TBH I dont see any team doing that next year.

Utd we're superb at home last season and rarely dropped points, that was a sign of champions, away from home they we're shakey at imes but still managed to get the job done, I dont think Utd points total of last year will be enough to even come 2nd in the EPL next year.

I cant wait for August. :pac:

Also, I think the players are back at the start of next month in and around the 4th July.

Interesting - I'd probably prefer to wait until the transfer window shuts before evaluating who's gonna finish where. The comings and goings at all the top clubs over the next 2 months will be fascinating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

flahavaj wrote: »
    Interesting - I'd probably prefer to wait until the transfer window shuts before evaluating who's gonna finish where. The comings and goings at all the top clubs over the next 2 months will be fascinating.

True, true.

I like too be optimistic though, but cant wait to play ye and the rest of the league and have the banter and craic that rolls alogn with it.

Going to be a good year for soccer and with the F.F.P. rules coming in it should hopefully make the whole league more competitive.

Hope ye are keeping the trophy shiney and ncie for us come May 2012.

;):p

• Advertisement

True, true.

I like too be optimistic though, but cant wait to play ye and the rest of the league and have the banter and craic that rolls alogn with it.

Going to be a good year for soccer and with the F.F.P. rules coming in it should hopefully make the whole league more competitive.

Hope ye are keeping the trophy shiney and ncie for us come May 2012.

;):p
    How are Chelsea doing with the FFP?
    I get the feeling the rule will be too hard to enforce

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »

Chelsea along way off

Like most of the big European teams we arent too good at the moment but hoping to bring our wages down, all the new contracts are 5,6 years as to spread the cost out over a prolonged period, so in essence, we'll say the £50 million spent on Torres would be only a £10 million a year lose, I use the term only very lightly though.

I agree, the rule is great in principal but in practice it looks like it could catch us out, City are worse off then us, Barca are screwed, Real aint looking healthy either TBH, its going to be interesting to see what happens and if UEFA will stop teams competiting in the UCL because of the breach of the rules, I would say that they will not if it happens to be Utd, Chelsea, Barca, AC Milan, Inter, Bayern, Real etc etc but ya never know with UEFA.

Like most of the big European teams we arent too good at the moment but hoping to bring our wages down, all the new contracts are 5,6 years as to spread the cost out over a prolonged period, so in essence, we'll say the £50 million spent on Torres would be only a £10 million a year lose, I use the term only very lightly though.

I agree, the rule is great in principal but in practice it looks like it could catch us out, City are worse off then us, Barca are screwed, Real aint looking healthy either TBH, its going to be interesting to see what happens and if UEFA will stop teams competiting in the UCL because of the breach of the rules, I would say that they will not if it happens to be Utd, Chelsea, Barca, AC Milan, Inter, Bayern, Real etc etc but ya never know with UEFA.
    Yeah i find it hard to believe if Chelsea, Barca and Real all don't meet the criteria that they will be told they can't play Champions League.
    Sponsors would love that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ian Mcgarry claims we are working very hard to sign a player who plays in PL and its not Modric, the player wants to come but the club don't want to sell

Tevez Mccarthy Nasri Rodwell?????????

Seeing that he was wrong about everything else the last few months, hopefully he'll get this one correct.

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Ian Mcgarry claims we are working very hard to sign a player who plays in PL and its not Modric, the player wants to come but the club don't want to sell

Seeing that he was wrong about everything else the last few months, hopefully he'll get this one correct.

Fabregas :pac:

No very unlikely Gav, guessing its Rodwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I hope it's not Rodwell, I think he is vastly overrated.

No very unlikely Gav, guessing its Rodwell

Damn. :(

I was hoping to have Cesc and all, that would be sweet.
    Johner wrote: »
    I hope it's not Rodwell, I think he is vastly overrated.

I agree to a point, I think he could still be good if he was at a better club, much like Rooney got better at United, better coaches and players and he'll improve.

All depends on the projected price for Rodwell, anything over £15 million would be a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I hope it is rodwell,cracking young player

• Advertisement

Could be Nasri?
    Oh i hate this guessing game - why doesnt he just come out and say it?

is there a link to this, i presume its twitter

meh....nasri. Overated imo

Fellaini

Fellaini

Forgot about him, another great player.

I hate all this damm speculation ffs

We have been interested in Fellaini for a while now, would love if it was him!

I love the specualtion, coz it could be absolutly anyone.

Anybody want to say Giggs, Rooney, Vidic, Gerrard, Suarez :p

Hell it could be even G.Neville coming back for one last season, sign him up I say.

I love specualtion and rumours. :pac:

would cost about 18mill imo

Just saw that Fellaini wants Champions League football next season. Hmm hope it is him.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    would cost about 18mill imo

He cost Everton close to that I think.

25 million I'd say.

He cost Everton close to that I think.

25 million I'd say.

If we did sign him would it mean the end for essien or mikel, probably.

• Advertisement

So thats

Fellaini.jpg

&

David-Luiz.jpg

Thats a lot of this,

headshoulders.png

:pac:

We should offer Everton 10 million plus Mikel.

So thats

:pac:

Damm I wish i could post pictures - there like a thousand words!

Mikel probably, although we'd get good money for Essien, but IMO, Essien is better then Fellanini will ever be.

P.S. Fellanini would be better then Rodwell and I think Fellanini is a good player, dont get me wrong.

Ye I'd be fairly happy with that. Not sure Mikel would be though :pac:

Ye I'd be fairly happy with that. Not sure Mikel would be though :pac:

Mikel and £10 Million for Fellanini??

Mikel probably, although we'd get good money for Essien, but IMO, Essien is better then Fellanini will ever be.

P.S. Fellanini would be better then Rodwell and I think Fellanini is a good player, dont get me wrong.

No way would I want Essien to go. He had a drop in form last season, but then he was carrying a foot injury. Offer him to Utd and watch them bite our hands off! Amazing player. Mikel - slow pondorus, tired of watching him walk the ball around in a circle, passing it backwards, sideways, anywhere but forward.

No way would I want Essien to go. He had a drop in form last season, but then he was carrying a foot injury. Offer him to Utd and watch them bite our hands off! Amazing player. Mikel - slow pondorus, tired of watching him walk the ball around in a circle, passing it backwards, sideways, anywhere but forward.

If, and its a big if, we do want to sell Essien, I wouldnt sell him to anyone in England, hes too good to come back and bite us in the arse.

I can see him in Italy or Spain really.

I agree he was poor in patches last season but in some games he was immense, I want Ramires to get more games next season, he will be huge for us in the next 1-3 years if he continues his progression at the rate he is so far.

Future midfield of Ramires, Josh, Essien would be unreal, even throw Fellaini in there and we would have the brawn and football ability combined to compete and beat most teams.

On the EPL player we are trying to sign anybody want Ramsey or Wilshire?? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I dont get this Fellaini link, would have no interest in him at all, Mikel does the DMC role perfectly, highest pass completion rate in the PL int he last 3 years and in the last season massively improved on the amount of forward passes he had been making, dosent need to be changed IMO!

• Advertisement

Oh wait its McGarry - still recovering from the picking the WRONG manager and other such classics such as "chelsea have already decided on 5 targets chosen by Hiddink"

Could be McCarthy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought Mikel did quite well for the Blues in the season just ended overall personally.
    I heard Scott Carson wants away from West Brom...:eek::D

Could be Nasri?
    Oh i hate this guessing game - why doesnt he just come out and say it?

is there a link to this, i presume its twitter

Sure what else. ;)

Oh wait its McGarry - still recovering from the picking the WRONG manager and other such classics such as "chelsea have already decided on 5 targets chosen by Hiddink"

Could be McCarthy?

I dont get all the fuss about this guy, never been overly impressed with him yet he is linked to us and liverpool constantly. He is average at best and never saw any sign that he could be a really top top player.

papagormo wrote: »
    I thought Mikel did quite well for the Blues in the season just ended overall personally.
    I heard Scott Carson wants away from West Brom...:eek::D
    Carson is moving to Turkey AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Probably that west brom striker that scored a goal against us.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-star-Ashley-Cole-targets-switch-to-Barcelona-or-Real-Madrid-article752277.html

Ashley Cole has targeted a switch to Real Madrid or Barcelona and begged ex-wife Cheryl to “come away with me” and start a new life in Spain.
    The Chelsea star believes he has “one last move” in him and has targeted Real or European champions Barca as his destination – as long as he can persuade the Girls Aloud babe to go and live abroad with him.
    The pair first got together in 2004, married in 2006 and divorced in 2010 – but friends insist that their love has never dimmed.
    Cheryl, 27, is “hugely intrigued” by the proposal, as it would end the “circus” that is her life in the UK and help her get over her X Factor disaster.

A source close to the footballer, 30, said: “Ashley has told friends he sees his future abroad and he wants to persuade Cheryl to come with him.
    “It all boils down to what Cheryl wants, but the early signs are she would be up for the idea.”
    Cheryl is taking a break from showbiz, but she feels when she is ready to return living away from Britain will not be a problem.
    However a pal said the main attraction of going abroad would be the anonymity she could enjoy.
    The friend said: “She’s found living in the UK to be fraught especially with so much ‘negativity’ towards her now.
    “But abroad, she could lead her life at her own pace. That’s appealing to say the least.”
    England left-back Ashley is currently half way through a four-year, £120,000-a-week contract which he signed in September 2009.
    He would only expect a “small” pay rise to £150,000 a week at Real Madrid – but his take-home pay would be substantially higher as Spanish clubs can set up foreign players as “company executives” with a preferential 23% tax rate for the first six years.
    Also stars pay a 50% top tax rate in the UK, and only 27% in Spain – so he could save tens of thousands of pounds every week

e

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Good Job we have two ready made replacements in the wings waiting for there chance in Ryan B and PVA

If he is going to go now is the time to let it happen and get top money for him.

Although I highly rate him , Last season for me was one of his poorer ones in the blue shirt, a couple of real clangers

I'm praying this is BS but Mirror claims Elmenao will be DOF. :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement