Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

There's a performance for the begrudgers , I'm talking to you willy :D:D:D

The contrast in confidence with Danny and Torres is unreal , Danny must of missed at least 6 really good chances but as soon as an opportunity arose he was on it like a car bonnet !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

The contrast in confidence with Danny and Torres is unreal , Danny must of missed at least 6 really good chances but as soon as an opportunity arose he was on it like a car bonnet !!!!

Someone needs to get Torres the ride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great performance. Lucky not to concede but unlucky not have scored a few more!

Sturridge and JT were excellent but I thought Romeu was brilliant, just passes and moves and puts in some great tackles. He is a definite starter now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Harsh scoreline on Newcastle but we deserved the win.Mata beasting again as always.Great and badly needed win :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Finally some good chelsea news:D

Delighted with that result and performance. I literally lost count of the amount of chances sturridge had.

• Advertisement

2 premier league clean sheets in a row now:eek:, whats going on

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Andre Villas-Boas confirms that transfer requests have been put in by NIcolas Anelka and Alex and have been accepted

Both Players are training separately.

Hopefully that means we will get Cahill and DeByrne in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Gona win the league now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Alex should not be leaving the club. Ridiculous. Glad to see Anelka taken out of the first team altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'll be sad to see Alex go to be honest, he was excellent cover to have, generally sold when he played, and had a memorable cannon of a shot. Still love that goal against Liverpool in the CL quarters in 2009. I guess though he's not getting any younger.

Anelka, a great servant to the club in spite of the reputation that preceded him. Again though it's time to part ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The scoreline slightly flattered Chelsea but they still deserved the win IMO.

A hard fought performance like that is something to build on.

Mata a class act again

Exactly.

As someone mentioned in the match thread, the high line reduced space for Newcastle to work an opening out of.

In Particular, I thought Ramires, Romeu, Mata are Sturridge were very good.

We need to get Torres playing game with Drog and Kalou leaving for the African Nations and Anelka leaving getting sold in January.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »
    The scoreline slightly flattered Chelsea but they still deserved the win IMO.

A hard fought performance like that is something to build on.

Mata a class act again

I was thinking the scoreline should of read , 6 or 7 -2 , 3 -0 is not too flattering , danny had some amount of chances

article-0-0F094B1600000578-272_468x367.jpg
    Newcastle-v-Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-pa_2686336.jpg

thebison wrote: »
    article-0-0F094B1600000578-272_468x367.jpg
    Newcastle-v-Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-pa_2686336.jpg

Id love a pic of when Sturridge missed another chance , AVB kicked out with his right foot and his left just nearly went from under his body , slipped just a slight bit , had it have gone totally it would have been comedy gold !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That first pic has to be photoshopped right?
    Or is AVB actually that graceful, even in mid flight?!

FULL-TIME Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea
    Phil Dawkes reports: "The scoreline did not flatter Chelsea. They were far superior although Newcastle were unsettled by the injuries to their key centre-backs. Is this the start of the Blues revival? Will Newcastle bounce back?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

After today's game, a good result during the week will do wonders for the confidence levels going into the City game at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

FULL-TIME Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea
    Phil Dawkes reports: "The scoreline did not flatter Chelsea. They were far superior although Newcastle were unsettled by the injuries to their key centre-backs. Is this the start of the Blues revival? Will Newcastle bounce back?"
    Phil Dawkes has an opinion as do I.
    Hence me using ''IMO'' in my post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Good win and really excited about the future.
    We may not win the league this year, but we are certainly building well for the future.
    Mata was just inspiring, still cant believe how the board managed to pull that transfer off and completely under the radar.
    He's not always going to play to that level and thats why we need another creator. Kalou, despite somehow scoring is not it.

So, in the current team, I reckon we have 4 good 'uns for now and the future

Mata
    Danny
    Romeu
    Ramires (I get his midfield energy, but man, for a brazillian, he's such a poor finisher)

Bubbling under
    Josh
    Nathan C
    Luka
    Betrand
    Thibaut Courtois

Jury still out
    Luiz (So much talent its annoying, but still a liablity - has time on his side, but man, you think he would have learnt by now)
    Kakuta
    Lucas Piazon

Bruma's come out and said he's enjoying first team football and wont come back to sit in the bench
    Kalas will just never get a work permit, otherwise I think he would have a good future

Mata and Danny are the template - young, hungry and talented.
    I think we will go shopping in Jan and get full back, midfielder and yet another striker (Although pls let AVB pick this one and not Roman!)

Shame about Alex and Anelka, been good servants to the club, I think they both still have something to offer. Dont know why they have been dumped into the reserves, bit off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good win and really excited about the future.
    We may not win the league this year, but we are certainly building well for the future.
    Mata was just inspiring, still cant believe how the board managed to pull that transfer off and completely under the radar.
    He's not always going to play to that level and thats why we need another creator. Kalou, despite somehow scoring is not it.

So, in the current team, I reckon we have 4 good 'uns for now and the future

Mata
    Danny
    Romeu
    Ramires (I get his midfield energy, but man, for a brazillian, he's such a poor finisher)

Bubbling under
    Josh
    Nathan C
    Luka
    Betrand
    Thibaut Courtois

Jury still out
    Luiz (So much talent its annoying, but still a liablity - has time on his side, but man, you think he would have learnt by now)
    Kakuta
    Lucas Piazon

Bruma's come out and said he's enjoying first team football and wont come back to sit in the bench
    Kalas will just never get a work permit, otherwise I think he would have a good future

Mata and Danny are the template - young, hungry and talented.
    I think we will go shopping in Jan and get full back, midfielder and yet another striker (Although pls let AVB pick this one and not Roman!)

Shame about Alex and Anelka, been good servants to the club, I think they both still have something to offer. Dont know why they have been dumped into the reserves, bit off

Another £75m in January do it?

flahavaj wrote: »

And i can guarantee you we wont be the only ones with the cheque books out,

Liverpool,United , Chelsea i reckon will spend , City will spend just for the crack , Although Arsenal have money there This good spell of games they are having could kill any chances of spending some of the kitty, Nearly forgot Spurs they will also spend but I dont think they need too much at the moment .

Shame to see Alex going , Anelka I could take or leave , he is another player "when in the mood"

Drogba hast lost a couple of yards of pace, I hope young Lukaku steps up pretty lively !

Dam , Sgt I wanted in on that thread and it was closed , I actually think (Chicken Legs) will come good for Liverpool if given the chance

183697.png

WOWSERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

We were lucky not to concede a goal or 2 against Newcastle, if they had scored who knows how it would of panned out, we probably would of crumbled.

This is a game where luck went our way, this wont always be the case. We looked very exposed and vulnerable at times which was worrying..

Luiz was a ticking time bomb once again and could of easily gotten sent off.

I am sad to see Alex go, I don't think he is good enough to be a starter for us but he is defiantly a good squad player to have. All and All it was a win we needed, but there are still a lot of worrying signs at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

flahavaj wrote: »

Anelka and Alex's wages off the bill should free up some cash alright, hopefully we get some money for Anelka, but Alex should command a 10million fee at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Veles wrote: »
    Why cant Kalas get a permit?i thought he was Czech?

I don't know that much about the youth players but I've never seen anything about Kalas and a work permit. Maybe he's thinking about Rajkovic (who we sold anyway)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Portsmouth at home in the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id love a pic of when Sturridge missed another chance , AVB kicked out with his right foot and his left just nearly went from under his body , slipped just a slight bit , had it have gone totally it would have been comedy gold !

Ahem :pac:

Apparently this chap is a bit of a fan!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7353921/

Lazar Markovic has revealed that he would love to join Chelsea after being linked with a move to the Premier League.
    Partizan Belgrade striker Markovic is regarded, at the age of 17, as one of the most exciting young prospects in Europe.
    A number of clubs from across the continent are reportedly monitoring the progress of a player who is valued at around £10million by his current employers.
    Liverpoolspacer.gif are thought to be interested and Markovic would love to come to England, but he only has eyes for Stamford Bridge.
    The Serbian has supported the Bluesspacer.gif since he was a child and hopes to one day have the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League.
    Best league

"I really hope I can go to Chelsea,spacer.gif it's my dream," Markovic told The Sun.
    "I'm told there were 20 scouts from all over Europe in the VIP box when we beat Red Star.
    "But Chelsea is the place I want to play. I had all the pictures of the team on my wall at home back to when they had Gianfranco Zola.spacer.gif
    "And any time they are on TV I try to watch them. For me Chelsea are the best.
    "I want to go to the Premier League. It is the best league in the world."

From the Daily Mail : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2069981/Chelsea-ready-sell-Didier-Drogba-jose-Bosingwa-Paulo-Ferreira-Salomon-Kalou.html

Chelsea will listen to offers for six senior players in January as owner Roman Abramovich backs Andre Villas-Boas to rebuild the club.

Sportsmail can reveal that Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou, Jose Bosingwa and Paulo Ferreira are available for transfer, news which follows the weekend announcement that transfer requests from Nicolas Anelka and Alex had been accepted.

The France striker and Brazil defender have been banned from using first-team facilities at the club’s training ground, with Anelka set to sign a £6.4million-a-year deal with Shanghai Shenhua in China.

Drogba and Kalou scored in Saturday’s 3-0 win at Newcastle but are out of contract next year and free to sign a pre-contract deal with a foreign club in January.

The Ivorian strikers are also destined for the Africa Cup of Nations, which starts on January 21 and could rule them out for up to six weeks of the season.

A lucrative move to the Middle East is understood to appeal to Drogba, who is 34 in March but will not be short of offers to extend his career.

Arsenal have always shown interest in Kalou and Juventus remain keen on Alex despite his alarming loss of form.

It proves owner Abramovich is preparing to back Villas-Boas, who is so anxious to refresh the squad that Alex and Anelka were told on Friday they could not use the main training centre when the first team are in the building.

It is the ultimate humiliation for two players who have been a huge part of Chelsea for the past three years.

Chelsea players were stunned when the pair, both popular characters in the dressing room, had their lockers cleared. Both have also been told they are no longer welcome to park in the first-team car park.

They believe they are being deliberately humiliated after being told to put their cars in the communal parking area next to the academy.

Villas-Boas has also told the pair they are no longer welcome to train with the first-team squad after they put in transfer requests. Instead they have separate training programmes, which are thought to include working with the reserves, academy and on their own.

Chelsea’s win at Newcastle eased them back into the top four but competition for the Champions League places looks set to be intense in the Barclays Premier League.

Chelsea’s first concern is to extend this season’s Champions League campaign by beating Valencia at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday. The key to the longer-term project will be whether Villas-Boas, who insists he has been promised three years to complete his work, is allowed full control over his transfer targets.

The Portuguese manager reputedly has a good eye for players, dating back to his scouting past, yet Abramovich continues to listen to advice from a disparate selection of independent advisers.

Chelsea are expected to win the race to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton next month with the intention of pairing him with John Terry and releasing Branislav Ivanovic to play at right back.

Some within the club believe it may be the right time to elevate highly-rated defender Nathaniel Chalobah, 17 next week, to the first-team squad.

Josh McEachran and Ryan Bertrand will be allowed out on loan in January if reinforcements can be signed. Villas-Boas would also like to add left-sided Porto utility man Alvaro Pereira to his squad, and Chelsea have opened talks for Universidad de Chile striker Eduardo Vargas, according to reports in Chile.

Vargas, 22, may face work-permit issues and is unlikely to be a top target to fill the boots of Drogba and Anelka.

Tentative enquiries were made for David Villa in the summer and the striker has slipped out of favour at Barcelona. There is a long-standing interest in Lille’s Eden Hazard. Chelsea were told to come back in 12 months when they made contact last January.

So Hazard, Villa and Periera in January :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

If that's true about the snub on Alex and Anelka I am very disappointed in AVB. Both of them have been great for the team, and they are well in their right to hand in a TR without creating prejudice towards themselves.

Anelka had a rather poor history prior to Chelsea, given the number of transfers and his attitude, but he certainly became a mature and worthy addition when he joined us from Bolton.

Alex has also been a solid choice for CD and always gave all. Hell of a boot on him.

I agree that it is time for them to move on, but it should be with respect, given their contribution to the team.

AVB is in no position to do that, given his manner of departure from Porto.

Jagera wrote: »
    If that's true about the snub on Alex and Anelka I am very disappointed in AVB. Both of them have been great for the team, and they are well in their right to hand in a TR without creating prejudice towards themselves.

Anelka had a rather poor history prior to Chelsea, given the number of transfers and his attitude, but he certainly became a mature and worthy addition when he joined us from Bolton.

Alex has also been a solid choice for CD and always gave all. Hell of a boot on him.

I agree that it is time for them to move on, but it should be with respect, given their contribution to the team.

While I agree to an extent, I also propose that we dont know the full story.

For example, lets say AVB told the Anelka and Alex, and probably a few more players, that there would be limited opportunities for them this year, the players reacted and in turn they are booted out to the wilderness and subsequently hand in transfer requests.

Now it could have panned out this ay and IMO, it has or it could be the fact that AVB and the coaching staff dont like Alex and Anelka and there suffering as a result and have been forced to look for moves.

It could sepereate the squad as Anelka and Alex are fairly senior, popular players or the squad could see it as a few bad eggs been seperated from the bunch before the ruin squad harmony.

I wish Alex and Anelka the best but lets face it, we all knew the squad needed to be looked at and changed and if this is the start of it then lets bring it on, anybody thats not pulling there weight or not committed to the cause under AVB needs to be turfed out.

P.S. getting rid of Alex and Anelka is probably saving us about 150-170K a week in wages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

True, we don't know the full story.
    I just wouldn't want to see Alex and Anelka going out like that. They don't deserve it.
    But yeah, who knows what else has transpired in the dressing room. I won't commit to any opinion based on the Daily Mail article.

Agreed, I'd take anything that a rag reports with a fairly decent amount of salt.

To be honest, we'd need Ale more so then Anelka, with Danny, Torres, Drogba, Lukaku then Anelka's chances were always going to be few and far between but at CB if JT or Ivanovic get injured then we have no real options to partner Luiz.

Since they've handed in there transfer requests you can almost guarntee we will be at the least signing a CB in January and maybe a striker with the lads gong away for the ACN in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

gavredking wrote: »
    Agreed, I'd take anything that a rag reports with a fairly decent amount of salt.

To be honest, we'd need Ale more so then Anelka, with Danny, Torres, Drogba, Lukaku then Anelka's chances were always going to be few and far between but at CB if JT or Ivanovic get injured then we have no real options to partner Luiz.

Since they've handed in there transfer requests you can almost guarntee we will be at the least signing a CB in January and maybe a striker with the lads gong away for the ACN in January.

I would have Alex playing ahead of Luiz at the moment.

I would have Alex playing ahead of Luiz at the moment.

And thats why your not managing Chelsea. Luiz has played the last 5, 6 games while Alex is been shipped out because AVB doesnt have room for him.

For the high line to work you need a quick player and Luiz is much quicker then Ivanovic, Alex and JT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

He'll be a lot quicker to get sent off then Alex too id imagine.

• Advertisement

Luka at the double!

RESERVES REPORT: CHELSEA 2 ASTON VILLA 0

Posted on: Mon 05 Dec 2011
    SUMMARY
    Chelsea's reserves recorded a dominant home win against Aston Villa at Cobham on Monday afternoon, courtesy of two Romelu Lukaku goals.
    It took the 18-year-old Belgian just four minutes to put his side in front after impressive wing play from left-back Aziz Deen-Conteh and within 20 minutes the lead had been doubled after Kaby's long-range drive was parried by the Villa goalkeeper, allowing Lukaku the opportunity to smash home.
    Chelsea were the better side for long periods and could easily have added to the score, Lukaku going close to his hat-trick, while Villa hit a post but could find no way through Chelsea's impressive backline.
    TEAM NEWS
    Dermot Drummy was able to call on a familiar looking side on a cold afternoon at Cobham, with captain Sam Hutchinson back in central defence, and Deen-Conteh at left-back. Kaby came back into central midfield while Romelu Lukaku led the attack with him unregistered for first-team European competition.
    FIRST HALF
    The Blues were in front after just four minutes, when Lukaku was on hand to turn in Deen-Conteh's low cross after the left-back had found space to cross.
    That was already the second time Deen-Conteh had found himself in such an advanced position, his first forward foray resulting in a free-kick Billy Clifford had curled on target but straight into goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist's arms.
    Villa almost replied immediately through centre-back Derrick Williams but he diverted his opportunity wide from close range, making amends at the other end to cut out Lucas Piazon's square ball intended for Lukaku.
    Chelsea were in control and it was little surprise when the lead was doubled, Lukaku grabbing a second from close range after Kaby's powerful drive had been parried into his path by Siegrist.
    Villa had so far offered little in attack with Chelsea's defence being marshalled well by Hutchinson who was celebrating his new professional contract.
    Piazon and Lukaku did combine just before the half-hour as the Belgian saw his low effort turned around the post.
    Villa had been chasing shadows for much of the first half, unable to compete with Chelsea's one and two-touch football that was threatening to bring a goal shower.
    A knock to Clifford saw Rohan Ince introduced from the bench nine minutes before the break, with George Saville stepping forward from defence into central midfield. The sub was quickly into the action to block a Jordan Graham effort inside the box, the closest the visitors had come.
    Piazon released Todd Kane with an inch-perfect ball into the right channel just before the break, but the full-back miscued his cross into the box and Villa could think about regrouping for the second period.
    SECOND HALF
    It took Villa just 20 second-half seconds to fashion their best chance so far, but after captain Daniel Johnson fed forward Graham Burke, he hesitated before shooting, and could only strike the post, before Chelsea keeper Rhys Taylor beat a Williams header away to preserve his clean sheet.
    It took the home side 20 minutes to create a meaningful opportunity and again it came from the left, where Deen-Conteh made excellent progress using both speed and impeccable control, pulling back for Lukaku who did well to make room for a shot but will have been disappointed not to hit the target from 12 yards, albeit on his weaker right foot.
    Johnson should have pulled one back 10 minutes from time after meeting a cross on the volley four yards out. Taylor was beaten but rather than prodding home the midfielder sent the ball high over the bar.
    At the other end substitute Marko Mitrovic volleyed wide with his first touch and then Siegrist denied Chalobah as Chelsea threatened to add to the two-goal cushion before the final whistle. The Villa goalkeeper produced one more save, again from Chelsea's Swedish sub Mitrovic, to keep the goal count down, but the win sees Chelsea go unbeaten in four with one further game, away at Arsenal, scheduled before Christmas.
    Chelsea (4-3-3): Rhys Taylor; Todd Kane, Sam Hutchinson (c), George Saville, Aziz Deen-Conteh (sub Ben Gordon 81); Billy Clifford (sub Rohan Ince 36), Nathaniel Chalobah, Aliu 'Kaby' Djalo; Milan Lalkovic (sub Marko Mitrovic 83), Romelu Lukaku, Lucas Piazon.
    Unused Subs: Jamal Blackman, Carl Magnay.

Ah thats put a massive smile on the face , say he had a rare old right boot on him as a player.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    He'll be a lot quicker to get sent off then Alex too id imagine.

Luiz hasnt got sent off for us yet while Alex has already this year against Fulham forcing us to play with 10 men for about an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Luiz hasnt got sent off for us yet while Alex has already this year against fulhma forcing us to play with 10 men for about an hour.

Vermaelen has scored more PL goals than Drogba this season, Drogba is still more likely to score a goal than Vermaelen!;)

Luiz is a ticking time bomb in every game.At the moment there is always a danger he will either give away a penalty or get sent off. Alex would be the safer option although as you day he doesn't suit the high line as well as Luiz does.

Jagera wrote: »

Good enough for them ,

Anelka has been brilliant when in the mood , but far to often I have watched him going through the motions ,Some of penalty misses of late have left the blood boiling , not even bothered would be the look on his mug afterwards.

Alex wanted to go last season too , let him on ,

I like the way AVB deals with it , your either in and fighting for your place or your out and I dont want you around my squad.

Are People still doubting that AVB is in charge ?

Blatter wrote: »
    Vermaelen has scored more PL goals than Drogba this season, Drogba is still more likely to score a goal than Vermaelen!;)

Luiz is a ticking time bomb in every game.At the moment there is always a danger he will either give away a penalty or get sent off. Alex would be the safer option although as you day he doesn't suit the high line as well as Luiz does.

Thats my point though, without Luiz the high line cant work, we're not going to get a quick CB in January, hell even if we get Cahill he wont be guarnteed a game next to JT, he'd have to fight for his place.

At the moment Luiz and JT is our best partnership at CB because we need Ivanovic at RB. I'd be more concerned about Bosingwa at RB then Luiz at CB, the amount of times Bosingwa switches off during games is frightening.

Blatter wrote: »

I wont lie , I used to have the heart in the mouth every time Carvaleo was defending when he first joined , he came good pretty soon though.

I think Luiz could come really good for us still

I wont lie , I used to have the heart in the mouth every time Carvaleo was defending when he first joined , he came good pretty soon though.

Agreed, Carvalho looked suspect in his first season, you could see his reading of the game and ability to play were a cut above but he used to be very naive and brash when defending, a bit like Luiz.

Luiz will never be a Vidic or JT, its not in his game, hes much more technical player then both of them but he will become a top class CB in his own right and for his own attributes and abilities.

Thats very true about carvalho, he gave away a fair few penalties himself and had a very similar style and personality to luiz. Luiz is a bit more raw atm

Thats my point though, without Luiz the high line cant work, we're not going to get a quick CB in January, hell even if we get Cahill he wont be guarnteed a game next to JT, he'd have to fight for his place.

At the moment Luiz and JT is our best partnership at CB because we need Ivanovic at RB. I'd be more concerned about Bosingwa at RB then Luiz at CB, the amount of times Bosingwa switches off during games is frightening.

Here is one for you ,

When will JT not become a shoe in for a starting spot ?

Hopefully soon , every person in the club should only be as good as there last game and they should be all fighting like dogs for there positions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement