Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just adding this picture to go with the above.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh3yys9y6vDXHx42NfLCm5YegaCoam1_UJ2pSOJXa5tGMAQO1Q

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

probably complete BS but...

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1211077-bolton-wanderers-agree-terms-with-chelsea-for-gary-cahill.html

According to reports Chelsea have reached a deal Bolton Wanderers for defender Gary Cahill.

The Sun claims Cahill will make a £7 million move to Stamford Bridge next month.

Bolton will allow the centre-back to discuss personal terms once the Christmas fixtures have been concluded.

Tottenham Hotspur – who have also been chasing the centre-half – may yet make a dramatic move to scupper the deal.

But Cahill, who is out of contract at the end of the season, believes his future lies at Stamford Bridge in a move that will boost his chances of making England's Euro 2012 squad.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1211077-bolton-wanderers-agree-terms-with-chelsea-for-gary-cahill.html

According to reports Chelsea have reached a deal Bolton Wanderers for defender Gary Cahill.

The Sun claims Cahill will make a £7 million move to Stamford Bridge next month.

Bolton will allow the centre-back to discuss personal terms once the Christmas fixtures have been concluded.

Tottenham Hotspur – who have also been chasing the centre-half – may yet make a dramatic move to scupper the deal.

But Cahill, who is out of contract at the end of the season, believes his future lies at Stamford Bridge in a move that will boost his chances of making England's Euro 2012 squad.

I think I read/heard somewhere that Cahill is a Chelsea fan too so if we stump up the cash I can see him jumping at the chance to play for us. Hopefully the £7 million isnt too far wide of the mark, that would be good business for a guy that could replace JT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brilliant news that Ramires is fit. Terry as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Game goes ahead on Stpehens day , Just released on Chelsea site

Johner wrote: »
    Brilliant news that Ramires is fit. Terry as well.

Ramires is vital for our midifeld and overall play, he sets the teams tempo for the game and watching him give it all is a joy to watch and behold. His energy is exceptional, never stops.
    Game goes ahead on Stpehens day , Just released on Chelsea site

Brillant news, I was thinking of going over for the Villa game, buddy is a Villa fan but unfortunatly work commitments made it impossible. :(

AVB admits interest

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-reveal-interest-in-defender-gary-cahill-6280037.html

Andre Villas-Boas today admitted Chelsea's interest in Gary Cahill but insisted they had yet to make a bid for the Bolton defender.
    Reports this morning claimed Wanderers had accepted a £7million offer from the Blues for the England star, who has long been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.
    Cahill, who turned 26 on Monday, is out of contract in the summer and the January transfer window is the last chance for struggling Bolton to cash in on one of their prize assets.
    Villas-Boas said: "We are aware of Gary's contractual situation.
    "He's an interesting player for the club."
    Chelsea are short of cover in central defence, with Alex having been banished from the first-team squad after handing in a transfer request.
    Villas-Boas added: "You know that we have taken a decision this season regarding the central defenders, regarding Alex.
    "We haven't decided yet what we are going to do with the Alex situation.
    "We have to make the wisest decision, be it Alex, be it Cahill."

AVB admits interest

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-reveal-interest-in-defender-gary-cahill-6280037.html

Andre Villas-Boas today admitted Chelsea's interest in Gary Cahill but insisted they had yet to make a bid for the Bolton defender.
    Reports this morning claimed Wanderers had accepted a £7million offer from the Blues for the England star, who has long been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.
    Cahill, who turned 26 on Monday, is out of contract in the summer and the January transfer window is the last chance for struggling Bolton to cash in on one of their prize assets.
    Villas-Boas said: "We are aware of Gary's contractual situation.
    "He's an interesting player for the club."
    Chelsea are short of cover in central defence, with Alex having been banished from the first-team squad after handing in a transfer request.
    Villas-Boas added: "You know that we have taken a decision this season regarding the central defenders, regarding Alex.
    "We haven't decided yet what we are going to do with the Alex situation.
    "We have to make the wisest decision, be it Alex, be it Cahill."

In the perfect situation we would sell Alex for about £10 Million and sign Cahill for £7 million. As long as we get some money for Alex and we sign Cahill for a similar price I reckon we'l have done very well out of the deal.

• Advertisement

Chelsea statement :

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2554727,00.html

Chelsea Football Club today received notification that the Crown Prosecution Service has charged John Terry with a racially aggravated public order offence.
    John has made it clear he denies the charge and is determined to do all he can to prove his innocence.
    Chelsea FC has always been fully supportive of John in this matter and will continue to be so.
    The club finds all forms of discrimination abhorrent and we are proud of the work we undertake campaigning on this important issue.
    Chelsea will not be commenting further on the subject while the legal process runs its course.

Luiz will miss the spurs game, says AVB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

skysports_bryan Bryan Swanson
    John Terry "will fight tooth and nail to prove innocence." CPS say maximum punishment, if found guilty, would be a £2,500 fine

Luiz will miss the spurs game, says AVB

Balls. :( Could have really done with him. Hopefully we will go with

Cech

Bos----Ivan
    JT
    Cole

Romeu

----Meireles---Ramires

Sturridge
    Mata

Drogba

amiable wrote: »
    John Terry "will fight tooth and nail to prove innocence." CPS say maximum punishment, if found guilty, would be a £2,500 fine

Not much for him, but knowing that you've been convicted on racism grounds is something hes hoping to avoid.

The FA will throw the book at him as well I reckon.

bullpost wrote: »
    Talk of Josh going out on loan as well - might not be a bad idea.

I think Swansea would be a good loan for him. Brendan Rodgers knows him and they play nice football. Plus Lampard had a loan spell there in his West Ham days and he didn't turn out to bad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »

€2,500 fine what a joke ,

I know then the FA would go after him but that is a complete and utter joke of a fine, Especially the amount of money it must be costing to prosecute the case

€2,500 fine what a joke ,

I know then the FA would go after him but that is a complete and utter joke of a fine, Especially the amount of money it must be costing to prosecute the case

True, but its not everyday a footballer getting circa 100K a week is getting prosecuted so a higher fine, while detering racism will do nothing to help the average joe that gets done for it.

Not condoning JT's actions one bit though.

FA will go to town if hes found guilty and if hes not found guilty by the CPS the FA will still ban him I'd say, if theres enough evidence for the CPS to warrant a prosecution there should be sufficient evidence for the FA to press charges.

gavredking wrote: »
    True, but its not everyday a footballer getting circa 100K a week is getting prosecuted so a higher fine, while detering racism will do nothing to help the average joe that gets done for it.

Not condoning JT's actions one bit though.

FA will go to town if hes found guilty and if hes not found guilty by the CPS the FA will still ban him I'd say, if theres enough evidence for the CPS to warrant a prosecution there should be sufficient evidence for the FA to press charges.

The thing is I can see him getting off in court of Law.

Inconclusive video evidence , the backing of the all the cultural backround's at the club, A QC or Barrister getting paid mega bucks.

The thing is I can see him getting off in court of Law.

Inconclusive video evidence , the backing of the all the cultural backround's at the club, A QC or Barrister getting paid mega bucks.

In theres the problem. If JT gets off with it, I wouldnt really mind, same as if he gets convicted.

I'd rather see him get a ban like Suarez as it shows the FA are taking it seriously and in JT's case there appears to be more evidence of him rasically abusing Ferdinand then there was for Suarez on Evra.

Main thing is we beat Spuds and then we can worry about JT. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I still stand by JT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I still stand by JT.

Even if he is found guilty?

Even if he is found guilty?

Even if, it was something said in the heat of the moment, whilst standing right next to Mikel, so I doubt it was meant as a racist term. Plus, we already have Terry's version of events which has yet to be disproven.

Even if, it was something said in the heat of the moment, whilst standing right next to Mikel, so I doubt it was meant as a racist term. Plus, we already have Terry's version of events which has yet to be disproven.

In fairness Terry's version of events are more light weight than Suarez' version.

I think its disgusting you would back him even if he was to be found guilty.
    I will back him if he was proven innocent but it cant be anything other than bias that makes you back him if he is proven to be guilty.

In fairness Terry's version of events are more light weight than Suarez' version.

I think its disgusting you would back him even if he was to be found guilty.
    I will back him if he was proven innocent but it cant be anything other than bias that makes you back him if he is proven to be guilty.

Listen, I am not defending what happened, but I think on that same weekend this incident happened http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2058582/Antolin-Alcaraz-faces-match-ban-charge-spitting-storm.html
    Now that, to me, is ten times worse. Make of that what you will.

Listen, I am not defending what happened, but I think on that same weekend this incident happened http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2058582/Antolin-Alcaraz-faces-match-ban-charge-spitting-storm.html
    Now that, to me, is ten times worse. Make of that what you will.

That is just as bad IMO.

But racism effects a multitude of different people and all in all should be taken more seriously.

Terry is our captain and England captain, he has done great things for the club, but that doesn't excuse his actions and he should be banned and stripped of the captaincy of both teams if proven guilty.

That is just as bad IMO.

But racism effects a multitude of different people and all in all should be taken more seriously.

Terry is our captain and England captain, he has done great things for the club, but that doesn't excuse his actions and he should be banned and stripped of the captaincy of both teams if proven guilty.

What, like the last time he was stripped of the England captaincy? And replaced by Rio Ferdinand, a man who was given an eight month ban for 'forgetting' to go to a drugs test. Do me a favour.

What, like the last time he was stripped of the England captaincy? And replaced by Rio Ferdinand, a man who was given an eight month ban for 'forgetting' to go to a drugs test. Do me a favour.

Well first off Terry had an affair with a team mates wife, he deserved to be stripped of the England captaincy over that incident, it was a disgraceful act.

He is now accused of Racism, which if found guilty means he has to be stripped again and permanently this time IMO.

He has a long list of less than favorable incidents to his name you can only take so much. He is a vulgar human being and just because he is our player and captain doesn't mean we should ignore this. Enough is enough.

Ferdinand is no saint either by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Why hasn't suarez been reported to the police? I dont think hes guilty myself but i dont see how the police can charge Terry but not him? I can see Terry getting off in court then the FA will be powerless to do anything to him. I no the majority of people hate Terry but to say he's a racist is a bit much he's played alongside all races throughout his career. It'll be interesting the next time we play QPR wonder if there'll be a handshake ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Why hasn't suarez been reported to the police? I dont think hes guilty myself but i dont see how the police can charge Terry but not him? I can see Terry getting off in court then the FA will be powerless to do anything to him. I no the majority of people hate Terry but to say he's a racist is a bit much he's played alongside all races throughout his career. It'll be interesting the next time we play QPR wonder if there'll be a handshake ??

A member of the public, or in this case a lot of members of the public, made the complaint to the police. The evra incident is different whereas it was reported by evra to the FA, the police had nothing to do with it.

Well first off Terry had an affair with a team mates wife, he deserved to be stripped of the England captaincy over that incident, it was a disgraceful act.

He is now accused of Racism, which if found guilty means he has to be stripped again and permanently this time IMO.

He has a long list of less than favorable incidents to his name you can only take so much. He is a vulgar human being and just because he is our player and captain doesn't mean we should ignore this. Enough is enough.

Ferdinand is no saint either by the way.

So you think that Ferdinand was a better role model?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Not meaning to nitpick BUT, he had an alleged affair with a former team mate's ex-girlfriend. Nothing was ever proven and she even won libel cases against newspapers for printing false stories.

Anyway, as for this whole mess, I would be willing to stand by Terry until they can provide evidence to disprove Terry's version of events. If he's somehow found guilty with just that one clip that doesn't show everything he says, it'll be completely ridiculous, and I will continue to support him.

If, however, more evidence comes up which shows that Terry did indeed make a racist remark, and in the process proves he lied, then things would be completely different. Stripping him of the England and Chelsea captaincy would be the absolute minimum punishment required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Crackle wrote: »
    Not meaning to nitpick BUT, he had an alleged affair with a former team mate's ex-girlfriend. Nothing was ever proven and she even won libel cases against newspapers for printing false stories.

Anyway, as for this whole mess, I would be willing to stand by Terry until they can provide evidence to disprove Terry's version of events. If he's somehow found guilty with just that one clip that doesn't show everything he says, it'll be completely ridiculous, and I will continue to support him.

If, however, more evidence comes up which shows that Terry did indeed make a racist remark, and in the process proves he lied, then things would be completely different. Stripping him of the England and Chelsea captaincy would be the absolute minimum punishment required

I agree with everything in bold. I have never been a huge fan of terry as a person because of some of the off field things but I have yet to see any evidence of this racist act. If the video evidence is all they have then that won't convince me he is guilty and I will defend him but I will be very interested to see exactly what evidence there is, I assume there is more otherwise the whole thing is largely frivilous IMO.

Benayoun ya bollox. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Speaking of Yossi, what do you guys make of his move now that he has hada few months? Do you think he's gone for good or will he be back next season? As an Arsenal fan, I'd be happy to keep him here. How much do you's reckon it would take to get him permanently?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal already have the option to take him permanently I believe.

About 3 or 4 million I'd imagine.

Can I just pull up a few misconceptions , Sgt not signaling you out but I just came across this post now ,
    i think thats fair comment. Liverpool are much improved from last season, but not as much as they would have liked. Couple of players short, much like ourselves and players like Downing still finding their feet.
    Chelsea have declinded, you cant ignore that, just look at the games we have lose and the points dropped. Worst start in how many years?
    Good thing is we are rebuilding and will improve and become more consistant. AVB is no Mourinho, but he is the right man of those available to rebuild the squad with young attacking players

We are a point up on last Season with a game less played , We have scored more but conceded more but I think we have figured out our defensive issues,

Main thing this season is City are on fire and Utd are not dropping silly points like they were , I think we have past the bottom of our downward trend and are on the way back up

This Season

186013.png

Last Season

186014.png

Torres: Liverpool owners lied to me and fans don't know the truth about why I joined Chelsea
    By ALEX KAY
    Last updated at 12:47 AM on 22nd December 2011
    Comments (36)

Fernando Torres has lifted the lid on his acrimonious departure from Anfield, claiming the club lied to him and that Liverpool's American owners made false promises.
    The Chelsea striker says he was let down by the Fenway Sports Group before his acrimonious £50million transfer to Stamford Bridge in January.
    ‘The Liverpool fans don’t know the truth about why I signed for Chelsea,’ the 27-year-old, who spent three-and-a-half seasons at Anfield, told Spanish television.
    ‘The fans don’t even know half of what happened. They don’t know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like - they have a completely different perception of what they are like.

Red hot: Fernando Torres was idolised on Merseyside before his transfer to Stamford Bridge
    ‘They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realized I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.’
    The former Kop idol, who netted 81 times in 142 Liverpool appearances, also attempted to build bridges with the Anfield faithful.
    ‘I have nothing against the Liverpool fans,’ he said. ‘I didn’t want to leave Liverpool the way I did but the club lied. I was let down and I don’t understand why the fans hate me.’

Making their point: Liverpool fans vent their fury at their former idol
    And while he has scored just five times in 35 Chelsea appearances, Torres is backing himself to rediscover his goalscoring touch for the Blues and Spain.
    ‘It’s true that Vicente Del Bosque is worried about me and my form for Chelsea. It’s up to me to go back to being the striker I was before.
    ‘If I go back to how I was a few years ago, I will again play an important role in the Spanish national team.’
    ‘I am going to try to be very humble and get back into the Chelsea starting line-up,' said Torres, who has seen chances limited thanks to the resurgence of Didier Drogba.

Sidelined: Torres has seen first-team opportunities limited at Stamford Bridge
    He also spoke of the pain of being on the Chelsea bench – but says he should be shown more respect given his achievements in the game.
    ‘My form has not been good but I am world and European champion and I deserve more respect,’ he said.
    ‘It’s hard being on the bench but I respect the players who are playing. I’m going to support the team and get back in,’ he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2077265/Torres-Liverpool-owners-lied-fans-dont-know-truth-I-joined-Chelsea.html#ixzz1hE7Gnk6D

If Nando gets a winner tonight he'll forever be loved at Stamford Bridge. I still think he'll shine and will show us all what hes worth.

Personally I can see us winning 3-1 tonight and the return of Ramires is a huge boost for us. AVB has another huge test but I trust he'll get it right anyway.

• Advertisement

Torres: Liverpool owners lied to me and fans don't know the truth about why I joined Chelsea
    By ALEX KAY
    Last updated at 12:47 AM on 22nd December 2011
    Comments (36)

Fernando Torres has lifted the lid on his acrimonious departure from Anfield, claiming the club lied to him and that Liverpool's American owners made false promises.
    The Chelsea striker says he was let down by the Fenway Sports Group before his acrimonious £50million transfer to Stamford Bridge in January.
    ‘The Liverpool fans don’t know the truth about why I signed for Chelsea,’ the 27-year-old, who spent three-and-a-half seasons at Anfield, told Spanish television.
    ‘The fans don’t even know half of what happened. They don’t know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like - they have a completely different perception of what they are like.

Red hot: Fernando Torres was idolised on Merseyside before his transfer to Stamford Bridge
    ‘They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realized I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.’
    The former Kop idol, who netted 81 times in 142 Liverpool appearances, also attempted to build bridges with the Anfield faithful.
    ‘I have nothing against the Liverpool fans,’ he said. ‘I didn’t want to leave Liverpool the way I did but the club lied. I was let down and I don’t understand why the fans hate me.’

Making their point: Liverpool fans vent their fury at their former idol
    And while he has scored just five times in 35 Chelsea appearances, Torres is backing himself to rediscover his goalscoring touch for the Blues and Spain.
    ‘It’s true that Vicente Del Bosque is worried about me and my form for Chelsea. It’s up to me to go back to being the striker I was before.
    ‘If I go back to how I was a few years ago, I will again play an important role in the Spanish national team.’
    ‘I am going to try to be very humble and get back into the Chelsea starting line-up,' said Torres, who has seen chances limited thanks to the resurgence of Didier Drogba.

Sidelined: Torres has seen first-team opportunities limited at Stamford Bridge
    He also spoke of the pain of being on the Chelsea bench – but says he should be shown more respect given his achievements in the game.
    ‘My form has not been good but I am world and European champion and I deserve more respect,’ he said.
    ‘It’s hard being on the bench but I respect the players who are playing. I’m going to support the team and get back in,’ he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2077265/Torres-Liverpool-owners-lied-fans-dont-know-truth-I-joined-Chelsea.html#ixzz1hE7Gnk6D

He really needs to stop living in the past and live in the present.
    Its a year on and he's still bleating on about leaving Liverpool! FFS :eek:
    Knuckle down and give AVB a reason to pick you and do the talking on the pitch.
    Rags are reporting 20/30 million pound offers from AC Milan and another club. Personally I'd bite their hand off and give AVB the money to buy another striker, Torres just has too much baggage with him now.

He really needs to stop living in the past and live in the present.
    Its a year on and he's still bleating on about leaving Liverpool! FFS :eek:
    Knuckle down and give AVB a reason to pick you and do the talking on the pitch.
    Rags are reporting 20/30 million pound offers from AC Milan and another club. Personally I'd bite their hand off and give AVB the money to buy another striker, Torres just has too much baggage with him now.

Sgt, lets say we get £20-30Million for Torres, who dya want to see us get? Remember we need a guy that is able to play in the UCL and needs to be good enough to add to the long term development of the club and wont cost us more then Torres 175K a week wage.

Who would you propose?

Sgt, lets say we get £20-30Million for Torres, who dya want to see us get? Remember we need a guy that is able to play in the UCL and needs to be good enough to add to the long term development of the club and wont cost us more then Torres 175K a week wage.

Who would you propose?

Let AVB worry about that, he has a good scouting network ;)

Can I just pull up a few misconceptions , Sgt not signaling you out but I just came across this post now ,

We are a point up on last Season with a game less played , We have scored more but conceded more but I think we have figured out our defensive issues,

Main thing this season is City are on fire and Utd are not dropping silly points like they were , I think we have past the bottom of our downward trend and are on the way back up

This Season

186013.png

Last Season

186014.png

Pete, thats the current league position as of now and yes we have improved. But last year was still very bad from a chelsea history point of view and only serves to illustrate the decline started back then!
    Upto the Liverpool home match 20th November, was our worst league start since Roman bought us.
    Losing at home already twice, and twice on the road.
    16 games and lost a quarter of them already? Unheard of for a Chelsea team renowned for its defence and Fortress SB in particular.
    To win a title, as SAF would say, you dont lose more than 3 or 4 games a season

But, thats the negative stuff out of the way.

We are rebuilding and have the right available manager to do that.
    AVb has shown he can adapt to the EPL and respond to a crisis.
    The shadow of Mourhino casts long over our team and its a testament to him, that the team has done so well for so many years.

Its critical that we finish top 4 for AVB to be given a chance to finish the job and realistically I think thats our only achievable goal this season.
    A good cup run aside, I dont expect us to win anything as the Manchesters are just too strong. I dont like that but hey, just being realistic.
    Given that AVB has to contend with City buying the league, other teams such as Spurs remaining strong, JT's inferno, Trying to fit in a 50 million pound misfiring striker and dealing with moving out the pensioners, that would be a remarkable achievement in itself.
    If AVB can complete the squad refresh and that will take untill the start of next season then fine, even SAF has done that in the past, probably more than once.
    I back AVB to do that and make us stronger for next year, when it will be almost entirely his team, he would have had a years EPL experience and be wiser for it and the old dressing room powermongers will be mostly gone.

Mata and Danny are the template for the future and lets hope AVB can find more like them

Interesting AVB doesnt mention Torres at all!

"Villas-Boas went on to state that he is happy with his options in attack, despite the impending departure of forwards Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou to the Africa Cup of Nations.

“In terms of numbers we are not bad, injuries can cause problems but in terms of player availability for games we have the third best record in the league,” he said.

“We can use players in different positions. Daniel Sturridge and Romelu Lukaku offer versatility and it's not a problem in terms of the Champions League because Drogba and Kalou going away doesn't collide with that.”

Let AVB worry about that, he has a good scouting network ;)

Boooooo!! :P Your no fun, I propose we spend £20 million on Kevin Davies to expand n our current options upfront.

Just saying.

>_>

<_<

>_>

:pac:
    Mata and Danny are the template for the future and lets hope AVB can find more like them

We also have Romeu, Luiz, Ramires, Lukaku, Josh Mac, Courtois to build around. We dont need to much onvestment if we can blood these guys in.
    Interesting AVB doesnt mention Torres at all!

"Villas-Boas went on to state that he is happy with his options in attack, despite the impending departure of forwards Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou to the Africa Cup of Nations.

“In terms of numbers we are not bad, injuries can cause problems but in terms of player availability for games we have the third best record in the league,” he said.

“We can use players in different positions. Daniel Sturridge and Romelu Lukaku offer versatility and it's not a problem in terms of the Champions League because Drogba and Kalou going away doesn't collide with that.”

Wouldnt read to much into it really. With Drogba and Kalou gone that leaves a space upfront, now if AVB throws danny through the middle we lack a wide guy to fill his boots so Torres through the middle with Danny wide is the option for me. I dont think AVB will go Lukaku through the middle and Danny wide but ya just never know.

One thing I've noted though when we play Torres and Danny, like all goal scorers when they see the white of the goals they dont wanna setup anyone else which has led to Danny or Torres been frustrated with each other for not getting a chance of being setup.

Selfishness is good, only if you have an end product really.

• Advertisement

Hopefully he can improve and impress on loan and come back next year and push Mata/Sturridge for the wide roles, or if AVB changes to a 4-2-3-1 he can push for one of the 3 behind a striker.

He has the ability but he needs game time and needs to be more consistent and influence games more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Disappointing point tonight to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Who would you propose?

I'll field that question... Llorente. Played in the Europa so isn't cup tied and would easily fit straight into your side.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement