Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good Job we have two ready made replacements in the wings waiting for there chance in Ryan B and PVA

If he is going to go now is the time to let it happen and get top money for him.

Although I highly rate him , Last season for me was one of his poorer ones in the blue shirt, a couple of real clangers

I agree, I hope he sticks around for at least another season, he is an unreal LB. That said, we do have youth coming through in that dept so that would be the silver lining from our point of view.

On Elmenao getting the DOF position...oh jesus.

6 million for Danny..hah! In me scratch in fairness.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Wow, roman would rather pay 13 mill than bring wilkins back, he must have really pissed roman off (insulted his missus or something :pac:)

In a more positive note I like how villas boas is manager and not first team coach and will have a more hands on approach to transfers and back room staff. Thats excellent news if true, finally chelsea are learning.

In other news......

papagormo is a moderator:eek::eek:

MUSEIST wrote: »
    In other news......

papagormo is a moderator:eek::eek:

Yeah gone over to the Dark side!:pac:
    Got me paddle in the post earlier today and all, good times!:D
    sigpic4098_21.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Wow, roman would rather pay 13 mill than bring wilkins back, he must have really pissed roman off (insulted his missus or something :pac:)

In a more positive note I like how villas boas is manager and not first team coach and will have a more hands on approach to transfers and back room staff. Thats excellent news if true, finally chelsea are learning.
    There is no way he could bring Wilkins back. It would make him a laughing stock. If that is a dealbreaker then good luck.

Wilkins being sacked did not cause the slump. That is a myth, so we havn't lost out on much.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

There is no way he could bring Wilkins back. It would make him a laughing stock. If that is a dealbreaker then good luck.

Wilkins being sacked did not cause the slump. That is a myth, so we havn't lost out on much.

Well what caused the slump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Careful now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Tiredness.

Carlo refusing to drop underperforming players.

Drogba and Lampard being out of sorts and out of action.

Alot of players didn't get much of a break from the season before.

Throwing on Ferreira a hell of alot when a game needed a creative change.

Mikel or Kalou plays well and is dropped straight away, Malouda goes on a slump and starts every week, ridiculous.

The full backs were very ineffective all season. They are crucial to how we play.

The midfield looked tired all year, at the start of the season we had a handy run of games, this gave false hope and meant when we had tough games and choked we looked everywhere for an excuse but the fact is we were tired and had no ideas how to change it up.

That was down to Ancelotti, not Wilkins translating, standing beside Carlo on the training pitch, having a laugh with the players, doing interviews. Carlo was to blame.

Tiredness.

Carlo refusing to drop underperforming players.

Drogba and Lampard being out of sorts and out of action.

Alot of players didn't get much of a break from the season before.

Throwing on Ferreira a hell of alot when a game needed a creative change.

Mikel or Kalou plays well and is dropped straight away, Malouda goes on a slump and starts every week, ridiculous.

The full backs were very ineffective all season. They are crucial to how we play.

The midfield looked tired all year, at the start of the season we had a handy run of games, this gave false hope and meant when we had tough games and choked we looked everywhere for an excuse but the fact is we were tired and had no ideas how to change it up.

That was down to Ancelotti, not Wilkins translating, standing beside Carlo on the training pitch, having a laugh with the players, doing interviews. Carlo was to blame.

Yes, carlo is partly to blame but it was wilkins job to motivate players and after he was sacked we looked really flat and unmotivated and this had a impact imo.

We will never know why wilkins was sacked, maybe it was romans ego or maybe wilkins really did cross a line and ddeserve it. Either was it had a negative impact on last season.

anyway onwards and upwards. I am looking forward to seeing who andre brings in as his back room staff.

Cole voted greatest Left back, well according to Yahoo
    Congrats Ashley, sure we all knew you were no.1 anyways!:pac:

In other news, Ivanovic is all about the improvement on last season. Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

anyway onwards and upwards. I am looking forward to seeing who andre brings in as his back room staff.

He's already brought in the fitness coach and the oppositiion scout
    and the following have left!

So long Paul Clement and thanks for all the fish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8598944/Andre-Villas-Boas-makes-first-Chelsea-move-as-Paul-Clement-leaves.html

Bryan English, the medical director; Paul Clement, the assistant first-team coach; and Glenn Driscoll, the fitness coach, all left Chelsea after meetings with Ron Gourlay, the chief executive

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/6/24/2241406/andre-villas-boas-goes-a-poaching

TBH, unless he's made some very quick decisions already, I dont expect to see any quick transfers.
    If he really is in charge as manager and not coach, then he will need time to access the squad himself by watching them in training and then identifying any weak areas and players who could improve the squad.
    Thats not going to happen for a few weeks and even thing, chelsea dont do quick transfers, they are always long drawn out, offer silly money first, affairs.
    He'll probably go back for at least one player from Porto, and we will probably up our bid for Modric.
    This is the advantage other managers have over us. They know their squads and have long identified where they need to strenghen, a la Man U.
    So any player we do get in, probably wont have the benefit of a full pre season. And even then, if we do go for players who arent currently in the EPL, they will need even more time to adapt.
    Of course, he could just have players bought for him by Roman, but that wouldnt be a great start for him.
    Really hope it works out for him and us

LOL - I post that and then see this PVB personallycalling Sanchez!

http://www.thenational.ae/featured-content/channel-page/sport/middle-article/sanchez-on-villas-boas-shopping-list

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Very exciting (if true!) - all these reports about new interest in Sanchez and AVBs personal intervention. He'd choose us over City anyday, its just a matter of Udinese allowing the move, with City willing to Gazump us. Get the deal done Boys!

Very exciting (if true!) - all these reports about new interest in Sanchez and AVBs personal intervention. He'd choose us over City anyday, its just a matter of Udinese allowing the move, with City willing to Gazump us. Get the deal done Boys!

apparently he really does not want to sign for city. Dont see him coming to us but he would be epic if he did. He should be a player we go all out to get imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

All is not well lads.
    Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic is said to be growing impatient with new manager Andre Villas-Boas as he began his second day on the payroll without securing the Champions League.

Early indications are that Abramovic is unlikely to wield the axe just yet, but club insiders say that his frustration is already growing exponentially.

A Chelsea source told us, “Roman wants to win the Champions League, and Andre hasn’t yet done that for Chelsea, so of course his job is on the line – why wouldn’t it be.”

“In modern football you don’t get the time to build an empire like in the years gone by. If he hasn’t won the Champions League by Christmas don’t be surprised to see him on the way out.”

“Just because we paid nearly £14m to secure his services doesn’t mean for one second he’ll be allowed an entire season to win the lucrative trophy – Roman didn’t get where he is today by working to other people’s timetables.”
    New Chelsea Boss

Villas-Boas spoke to the media “I thought he was joking, when the moment I signed the contract he looked me in the eye and said, ‘So, have we won it yet?’.”

“I can assure every Chelsea fan that I am doing everything in my power to find a way to deliver the Champions League before the leaves are off the trees.”

“Ideally, Jack Warner and Mohamed bin Hammam would get themselves a post with UEFA and make this whole thing a lot easier.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sad to see Paul Clement go he's been at the club a good while.

Really hope Emanalo isn't the new DOF.

Hopefully there is some truth to the Sanchez rumours, if Barca are distracted by Cesc then we have a good chance of getting him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A Bola says Falcao deal will be confirmed tonight.

2011 team

4-3-3

cech
    luiz, terry, ivan, ramos
    modric, ramires, bale, sanchez
    torres, Falcao

subs
    drogba, essien, josh,Alex, pva, lamps

Don't forget about Danny SGT, hope he doesn't leave.

But still a good team though

• Advertisement

2011 team

4-3-3

cech
    luiz, terry, ivan, ramos
    modric, ramires, bale, sanchez
    torres, Falcao

subs
    drogba, essien, josh,Alex, pva, lamps

Heh, you forgot Messi and Ronaldo and it'll be a 2-5-3.

I know very little about falcao except that he has a savage goalscoring record. If we do sign him then its the end of drogba and anelka (thank god).

Sgt pepper, there is no chance we will line up as a 4-4-2 next season imo, it will be 4-3-3.
    I would like to see

cech
    ivan
    luiz
    jt
    cole
    ramires

modric---lampard
    sanchez:D----torres
    malouda

With falcao battling with torres for the central position

flahavaj wrote: »
    Heh, you forgot Messi and Ronaldo and it'll be a 2-5-3.

man's gotta dream hasn't he? I know what your saying though, but theres a good chance we will get one main target , modric the most likely imo. spurs have to sell to buy, and then have to impress modric, which they can't afford or attract the right player with no cl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I know very little about falcao except that he has a savage goalscoring record. If we do sign him then its the end of drogba and anelka (thank god).

Sgt pepper, there is no chance we will line up as a 4-4-2 next season imo, it will be 4-3-3.
    I would like to see

cech
    ivan
    luiz
    jt
    cole
    ramires

modric---lampard
    sanchez:D----torres
    malouda

With falcao battling with torres for the central position

And with that team you are gaining some width that you have been lacking.

I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Cech
    Ivanovic
    Alex
    Terry
    Cole
    David Luiz

Ramires
    lampard
    Sturridge
    Torres
    Malouda(where I'd like to see a new face)

Nathaniel Chalobah scored for England under 17's
    thechels.net/2011/06/under-17-world-cup-chalobah-leads-england-into-last-sixteen/

future jt?

includes updates on other young chelsea lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Nathaniel Chalobah scored for England under 17's
    thechels.net/2011/06/under-17-world-cup-chalobah-leads-england-into-last-sixteen/

future jt?

includes updates on other young chelsea lads

Don't see any future for any youth player at Chelsea, if Josh gets more than the odd start in the Carling Cup this year I will be surprised.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Don't see any future for any youth player at Chelsea, if Josh gets more than the odd start in the Carling Cup this year I will be surprised.

I hope you are wrong. Gourlay is on record as saying Chelsea would look to develop youth when he promised us a threesome in Bankcock Josh is probably too young to expect starts, but should get the the odd 20 mins here and there. Danny stands the best chance.
    Of course, its down to he manager now - he has to come up with a winning team.
    If they are good enough, they will play. Just look at Utd, priding themselves on youth, but even they are shipping out the ones not good enough and buying in. Barca do the same. Even the Arsenal hierachy a shifting policy.
    No team can live on its youth alone, but I agree it would be nice to get 1 or 2 through/

From NOTW.

"LUKA MODRIC wants showdown talks with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy when he returns to pre-season training.

The Croatian star is demanding a meeting for the first week of July, when he will tell Levy he would like to join Chelsea.

The Blues' interest has not cooled, despite a £22million offer being turned down.

Levy issued a strongly-worded statement insisting the club would never contemplate selling one of their crown jewels.

If Levy refuses to change his position, Modric will hand in a transfer request in a bid to force Tottenham's hand.

The playmaker is keen to play Champions League football and has set his heart on a move across London.

Modric, 25, would prefer an amicable departure but is willing to risk the wrath of Spurs fans.

Chelsea would go beyond the £30m mark for the man they see as providing the creativity missing last term.

New boss Andre Villas-Boas has been briefed on the complexities of any possible deal but made it clear he sees the signing of Modric as crucial.

Levy is determined not to be pushed around and has staked his reputation on keeping Modric. The only room for manoeuvre is if the player publicly states he wants to leave."

Modric will eventually agitate to leave, the saga will rumble on for weeks, Chelsea will eventually end up paying £40m plus Sturridge on loan for his services, everyone happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I need to stay off Twitter. :( Apparently Barca's Thiago wants to move to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Anyone here think they would have spare membership to use for the Utd game at OT whenever the tickets are released? would like to head over & get tickets in the away end but wouldn't have any loyalty points!

• Advertisement

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-s-Roman-Abramovich-is-a-shrewd-operator-says-Frank-Arnesen-article752930.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Frank Arnesen has revealed Roman Abramovich is ready to prove he knows more about football than he is given credit for.
    The Chelsea owner has often been ridiculed for spending big but hampering the efforts of his talented, highly-decorated coaches by trying to get involved.
    The sacking last month of dual Champions League winner Carlo Ancelotti, who lifted the Double in his first season in charge, drew further derision.
    But Arnesen maintains Abramovich, with his recruitment of Andre Villas-Boas, will confound the doubters.

The former Chelsea Sporting Director said: “It was very good [working with Abramovich] but also very easy.
    “He was the only person I was answerable to. When I first met him in 2005, he had little clue about football.
    “However, Mr. Abramovich has put a lot of energy into the club and this has changed. Now he really knows his stuff about football. I always tried to spend his money wisely.”
    Despite Arnesen’s claim, Chelsea have very little to show for the £5million they paid to poach him from Spurs six years ago.
    His brief was to bring in the best young talent in world football. Chelsea, however, are set to spend big yet again to accommodate the needs of Villas-Boas.
    Arnesen, nonetheless, maintains Abramovich will get it right in the end.
    He added: “If Abramovich wants something, he goes for it 100 per cent.
    “When he took me from Tottenham to Chelsea in 2005, he paid 5 million euros (£4.45m) for me. So I am probably the most expensive sporting director in the world.”

e

Lucas Piazon scored a nice goal yesterday.

http://www.matchhighlight.com/latest-goals/fifa/ivory-coast-3-3-brazil-world-cup-u17/

The Ivory Coast player Souleymane Coulibaly scored a hat rick, looks class.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

We will end up with about 15 strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

papagormo wrote: »
    I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Cech
    Ivanovic
    Alex
    Terry
    Cole
    David Luiz

Ramires
    lampard
    Sturridge
    Torres
    Malouda(where I'd like to see a new face)

Ya left out the train :eek:

The Vitesse Arnham friendly has been cancelled. Feel sorry for the Chelsea fans who have travel booked.

An interesting article on how we might play under AVB

Johner wrote: »
    The Vitesse Arnham friendly has been cancelled. Feel sorry for the Chelsea fans who have travel booked.

It remains to be seen what benefit the link between the 2 clubs has for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wonder why it was cancelled?

Come on August, only 6 weeks until kick off for the new season.

:cool:

• Advertisement

Apparently it was too close to the start of pre season

gavredking wrote: »
    I wonder why it was cancelled?

Come on August, only 6 weeks until kick off for the new season.

:cool:
    Quick edit ;)
    I was waiting to pounce:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Apparently it was too close to the start of pre season

I was wondering that when I seen the date on the website, wasnt it the weekend before the start of the season??
    amiable wrote: »
    Quick edit ;)
    I was waiting to pounce:p

:P

I meant to type 6 and just hit 8. On closer inspection its more like 6 wks and 6 days so maybe 7 weeks is more correct but 8 is wrong and had to be ninja edited. :pac:

Vitesse website says Villas-Boas has cancelled the match because he doesn't want the team playing so early in pre-season or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Vitesse website says Villas-Boas has cancelled the match because he doesn't want the team playing so early in pre-season or something.

Fair enough, he probably just wants to get settled before having any games. As you said though, a pain for anyone who has travel booked.

I've been away from transfer news all day, not liking the notion of tabling a bid for Villa personally.

papagormo wrote: »
    I've been away from transfer news all day, not liking the notion of tabling a bid for Villa personally.

I don't think its true personally, just more nonsense rumours going around. He is a great player but we don't need another 29yr old. We need players under 25 imo and that should be a priority for us.

I really hope the rumours of us being back in for sanchez are true. I know he wants barca (understandably) but he is the type of player that would fit into villas boas system perfectly.

I don't think its true personally, just more nonsense rumours going around. He is a great player but we don't need another 29yr old. We need players under 25 imo and that should be a priority for us.

I really hope the rumours of us being back in for sanchez are true. I know he wants barca (understandably) but he is the type of player that would fit into villas boas system perfectly.

Its hard to ignore them, but until AVB has a chance to assess the squad himself, I dont expect any comings or goings

Its hard to ignore them, but until AVB has a chance to assess the squad himself, I dont expect any comings or goings

I dont think there is too much to think about from his perspective. He knows most of the players, their strenghts and weakness and tbh he should know and have a clear idea already of where we need to strengten this squad (the wide areas and a creative midfielder)

• Advertisement

I dont think there is too much to think about from his perspective. He knows most of the players, their strenghts and weakness and tbh he should know and have a clear idea already of where we need to strengten this squad (the wide areas and a creative midfielder)

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/villas-boas-to-make-27m-defender-first-summer-signing/

Fabio Coentrao? - didnt see that coming! Strange if true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement