Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Oriol Romeu has a 97% pass completion rate tonight by making 30 successful passes out of 31. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thought everyone played well but Mata was quiet enough. Was a good performance just weren't clinical enough in front of goal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Disappointing point tonight to be honest.

Disappointing my arse,

A point at the lane is a good point in my books , massive rivals and with all the pressure Terry would of been under, The back line was not the first choice either, Im happy with that , The manager feels it was a great performance.

I fully expect 18 points out of our next 6 games :eek:

Cant wait to see what Nando does when he starts his next game, must be chomping at the bit to get going, and if he has any hope of playing in Euros he HAS to hit a run of form and what better time to do it with Drogba away at the ACON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Disappointing my arse,

A point at the lane is a good point in my books , massive rivals and with all the pressure Terry would of been under, The back line was not the first choice either, Im happy with that , The manager feels it was a great performance.

Cant wait to see what Nando does when he starts his next game, must be chomping at the bit to get going, and if he has any hope of playing in Euros he HAS to hit a run of form and what better time to do it with Drogba away at the ACON.

Actually Homer had it bang on. After the first 20 mins we had plenty of chances to win the game , but again we werent clinical enough in front of goal, and that allowed them to come back at us.

A striker is a must. We are creating way more chances than last season but only Danny looks like scoring.
    We need 3 top strikers competing for first choice and a decent game changing super sub.
    Drogba was poor again, couple of half chances

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »
    Thought everyone played well but Mata was quiet enough. Was a good performance just weren't clinical enough in front of goal.

Only really effective when played centrally. Thought he came into it more as the game went on and he started to drift. Absolutely wasted stuck out on the wing.

Ramires makes brilliant runs from midfield, he's an absolute beast of a player. Just needs to work a bit on his finishing! Thought Meireles had a good game, worked very hard and Romeu was great again when he came on. Midfield was good overall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lads/Ladies I know some of you seasoned supporters and some not so much but the attitude in here stinks,

There is no belief , no backing of certain players by some and by others the manager is where the evil lye's .

Its mind boggling at times, but mostly its frustrating.

The Fame and glory of past seasons seems to have gone to peoples head , Id go as far to say there was complacency amongst some .

And when the club does not live up to your the over inflated ideas in your head the toys go straight out of the pram.

Il always back my club to the bitter end . Bit of a rant but cheer the F**K up the lot of you :D

Ramires makes brilliant runs from midfield, he's an absolute beast of a player. Just needs to work a bit on his finishing! Thought Meireles had a good game, worked very hard and Romeu was great again when he came on. Midfield was good overall.

Ramires out of Fulham game now, yellow card limit :(

Ramires out of Fulham game now, yellow card limit :(

Thats a big loss , Id go as far to say he is our midfield engine , will Luiz be back for the game ?

Mikel Injury supposedly looking serious , Brana could be out for a few games, Will Chalobah get a call up ?

Spurs have introduced a few youngsters this season and needs must .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Disappointing my arse,

I maybe should have made it clearer.... Disappointing point having watched the game, I felt we created enough chances that we should have converted and won the game. Over the 90 minutes I feel we were the better team, after being rocked at the start we woke up and played semi-decent from then on in.

As for Torres, I think even when the African Cup of Nations does start he is in real danger of not getting a place, and rightly so. When he does get a chance he seems disinterested. Even watching him warm up he just doesn't seem overly bothered. He is really frustrating me at the minute.

• Advertisement

I maybe should have made it clearer.... Disappointing point having watched the game, I felt we created enough chances that we should have converted and won the game. Over the 90 minutes I feel we were the better team, after being rocked at the start we woke up and played semi-decent from then on in.

As for Torres, I think even when the African Cup of Nations does start he is in real danger of not getting a place, and rightly so. When he does get a chance he seems disinterested. Even watching him warm up he just doesn't seem overly bothered. He is really frustrating me at the minute.

I think he needs a few starts to get into the groove , missed the game so I take on board what you meant about the disappointing result.

Listing to a few on the Shed saying Drogba was not up to much tonight,

Lads/Ladies I know some of you seasoned supporters and some not so much but the attitude in here stinks,

There is no belief , no backing of certain players by some and by others the manager is where the evil lye's .

Its mind boggling at times, but mostly its frustrating.

The Fame and glory of past seasons seems to have gone to peoples head , Id go as far to say there was complacency amongst some .

And when the club does not live up to your the over inflated ideas in your head the toys go straight out of the pram.

Il always back my club to the bitter end . Bit of a rant but cheer the F**K up the lot of you :D

Oh, I'm very happy. Progress is being made, and next season we will make a real challenge but I'm not going to kid myself we will win anything this season.
    I've seen us go down, seen us challenge and then fall away so many times, notably in the 80's when Kerry got injured and then that dreadful loss to Sunderland in the league cup.
    I'll back Chelsea all the way, but I'm not going to believe we will win the league.
    This is an exciting time in our history, as for the first time since Jose, a manager stands a chance of building a new team with a new philosophy and if he pulls it off, we could become the new "Barca".
    But it takes time and that could mean another 2 seasons.
    Barca didnt just happen, it took years and a bit of luck, and a blend of buying in players and their own coming though.
    AVB has shown that he believes in youth and that might just spur on a few of our own to step up and force their way into his plans.

However, we NEED top four to do this and at the moment its frustrating watching a team create so many chances and then not take them.
    Nothing wrong with being frustrated, but it doesnt mean I'll stop watching them or dreaming

Now - lets push on and take those Xmas points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I'm fairly happy with that result. Remember both liverpool and arsenal lost at the lane already this season. I was disapointed that we missed some good chances but overall I'm happy enough. We really need to push on and win our next 2 home games and get a defender in january badly. We played with bosingwa at CB for 60 minutes today :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Whats he opinion on this Malaga interest in Torres for 30m? I say let em go, he isnt ment to be a Chelsea success and thats that, he is a big fat flop.

Take the 30m, buy Hazard, stick em on the right and Sturridge down the middle and Mata on yer left and that there is a quality attacking side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One word to describe the result, frustrating.

we had better chances to win the game, Drogba hits the post, Ramires fluffs 2 good chances, Sturridge misses from 10 yards, while Spurs have one cleared off the line from a player who should have been booked 3 times and been off anyway and Sandro had a free header from a corner.

It was a good point when ya think we had a RB playing CB and our back up RB was 36.

Spurs we're there for the taking and we should have won when ya look back at our chances but we could have easily lost given Sandros deflected shot and the Adebayor one and one.

Mata most be frustrated playing wide left, his natural game is in behind a striker and in sum games he just is on the edge of it. We need a left winger and get Mata in behind a striker like Silva at City.

Our main prioirty now should be to qualify for the UCL, if we can trouble the top 2 then that would be a bonus but UCL is the main priority at this stage I reckon.

V9 wrote: »
    Whats he opinion on this Malaga interest in Torres for 30m? I say let em go, he isnt ment to be a Chelsea success and thats that, he is a big fat flop.

Take the 30m, buy Hazard, stick em on the right and Sturridge down the middle and Mata on yer left and that there is a quality attacking side.

I would let him go. He wasnt a AVB buy and doesnt fit his philosophy.
    AVB likes verastile players.
    No idea who we should get instead, but it doesnt matter too much if they are cup tied as we need a player to help us push up the league more than 1 to win the CL cup at this stage.

I reckon Cahill is a must unless we get outbid or something else

I expect to see a defender and a winger in, possibly a striker.
    You read it here first!

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I'm fairly happy with that result. Remember both liverpool and arsenal lost at the lane already this season. I was disapointed that we missed some good chances but overall I'm happy enough. We really need to push on and win our next 2 home games and get a defender in january badly. We played with bosingwa at CB for 60 minutes today :eek::eek:

It was a good team performance especially when our defence has been so critiscised. Even Ferrira did well.
    Romeu - a must start every game though
    And we should go and make up with Alex

AVB confirms CB chase.
    I dont understand why he's so quick to off Alex.
    Alex would walk into most top sides

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed he will try and sign a new central defender in the January transfer window.
    Chelsea'sspacer.gif need for defensive reinforcements increased on Thursday night when Branislav Ivanovicspacer.gif picked up an injury against Tottenham and Jose Bosingwa was forced to switch from right-back to central defence to partner John Terry.spacer.gif
    Alex seems set to leave Chelsea after handing in a transfer request, while David Luiz is also missing through injury.
    Bolton defender Gary Cahill has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, with Villas-Boas admitting he is an admirer of the England international.
    Bolton could be forced to sell Cahill next month with the defender out of contract at the end of the season and they would prefer to get a fee for the player rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer.
    Villas-Boas could welcome back Luiz for the Boxing Day clash with Fulham,spacer.gif but the Portuguese tactician admits a new defender is his top transfer target in the January window.
    "We could have David Luiz available to return on Boxing Day," said Villas-Boas. "But we are in the market for another centre-half and we have to respond quickly when the transfer window opens."

I would let him go. He wasnt a AVB buy and doesnt fit his philosophy.
    AVB likes verastile players.
    No idea who we should get instead, but it doesnt matter too much if they are cup tied as we need a player to help us push up the league more than 1 to win the CL cup at this stage.

I reckon Cahill is a must unless we get outbid or something else

I expect to see a defender and a winger in, possibly a striker.
    You read it here first!

SPN is back open for business. :pac:

I agree on Cahill, I'd say he is going to our first signing, get him in early January and build from there, none of this 11:55 PM on January 31st malarky.

I dont think there I much value out there and thats what might force AVB to wait until the summer. The curretn squad is good enough but this is the last year for a lot of them.
    It was a good team performance especially when our defence has been so critiscised. Even Ferrira did well.
    Romeu - a must start every game though
    And we should go and make up with Alex

Agreed, good team perforamnce and Romeu has to start against Fulham, which should see Lamps and Meireles line up with him. I dont think AVB will go and do a U turn with Alex. We have Luiz back for the Boxing day game and then we can go get Cahill at the start of January.

Seen someone mention Llorente as an option. :( I dont rate the guy at all. I think hes just a more talented Peter Crouch and Bilbao wouldnt want to sell unless it was for big money. If your going to raid them we're betetr off with Iker Muniain. Hes a genuine winger and would be a real talent but chances of getting him would be slim too. Cracking player though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

With the way Cahill has been playing this season, I wouldn't be confident he'd improve us too much. Frustrated at game last nite- good chances that we shouldnt be missing.

With the way Cahill has been playing this season, I wouldn't be confident he'd improve us too much. Frustrated at game last nite- good chances that we shouldnt be missing.

He'd still be a better option at CB then Bosingwa. :p As I said to my buddies last night, Bosingwa has found his new position, coz hes suspect at RB. Himself and JT, 2 rocks at the back. ;)

If im not around until boxing day heres a friendly message for ye all :

chelsea_christmas_by_captaincaffiene-d34lg2k.jpg

For the Chelsea, and other posters here, Merry X-mas lads.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mata obviously works best through the middle, but to me it would appear that doing that would require a sacrifice of either Ramieres or Mereiles' games, as Mata would now be part of a central Midfield 3. Would you guys feel against playing a 4-3-3 with Mata as a 'false 9' a-la Messi, and no CF like Drogba/Torres playing?

I'd envisage something like this: Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole; Romeu; Ramires, Mereiles; Sturridge, Mata, New Signing/Piazon/Kakuta

Do you think tthat could work?

As well as Cahill (Although AVB has said he has to make a choice between him and Alex), we are strongly linked with Krasic.

Not so sure about him, would take Dannys place on the right wing, allowing Danny through the middle?
    Bit old for us as well, maybe as a stopgap if cheap enough.
    Had one good season, Juve signed him and hasnt done a whole lot since.

Juventus outcast Milos Krasic is on Chelsea's radar for a January transfer swoop according to the winger's agent Dejan Joksimovic.
    The 27-year-old is desperate to secure a move from the Italian giants after playing just 90 minutes of football in the last two months.
    Krasic, who is a full Serbian international, has instructed his representative to find him a new club and a move to the Premier League could be on the cards.
    He almost joined Manchester United in the summer according to reports before opting to join Juve, and Joksimovic is convinced the player will get his wish with a number of top European clubs circling around him including Chelsea.
    "The lad will leave Juventus, as he hasn't been relaxed over the past few months due to the various rumours appearing in newspapers," Joksimovic told TMW. "Chelsea? They are interested in the player."

In other news, looks like Carlo is going to take over at PSG

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078017/Carlo-Ancelotti-brink-joining-PSG.html

G.K. wrote: »
    Mata obviously works best through the middle, but to me it would appear that doing that would require a sacrifice of either Ramieres or Mereiles' games, as Mata would now be part of a central Midfield 3. Would you guys feel against playing a 4-3-3 with Mata as a 'false 9' a-la Messi, and no CF like Drogba/Torres playing?

I'd envisage something like this: Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole; Romeu; Ramires, Mereiles; Sturridge, Mata, New Signing/Piazon/Kakuta

Do you think tthat could work?

....................Ramires.........................Romeu...............................

De Bruyne...................Mata/Piazon................................Danny\Krasic

...................Torres/Drogba/Been good for xmas - pls bring me Cavani!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Would that be detrimental to Ramires' game though?

Linked to Higuain. One can dream! Not a chance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Merry Christmas Blues fans!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

great signing if he went anywhere imo including Chelsea but I feel whoever isnt shining at Madrid atm out of him or Benzema always gets linked away buy Mourinho is no fool and will not lose his CF competition / backup unless someone twists his arm more so than youd expect Chelsea to. Would have rated Higuan as a better transfer target than Torres even before his move personally but far less atainable despite maybe being an argueable lesser name player.

Arrrr - the Chelsea January Expensive Striker - worked out well for us so far!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Merry Christmas lads, a pleasure all year to discuss the blues here! :) Have a good one :)

Feck xmas - we are going into a cruical period of games with only one fit CB, cos AVB wont go back and allow Alex to play for us again?!!
    Bose at CB anyone? Sucidal if you ask me.
    We are going to sign Cahill, not because he will improve us, hes not better than Alex, not because he can play a high line (he cant) but for 2 reasons only

1/ He's english
    2/ He's cheap

Oh and we will miss Alex's free kicks

For Krasic, see 2/
    might work out, Juve dont play the right system for him imo

Have to say the way Alex has been treated is a disgrace. He has rarely put a foot wrong for us. It's fair enough he wants to leave for regular first team football and obviously I understand that but why freeze him out in the mean time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Have to say the way Alex has been treated is a disgrace. He has rarely put a foot wrong for us. It's fair enough he wants to leave for regular first team football and obviously I understand that but why freeze him out in the mean time?

Im a liverpool fan and i can say hes a quality player and agree 100% hes been treated like dirt. I think hes capable of holding down a first team place ( obv i dont watch yous week in week out ) but he has the ability. Bad move losing he, smashing player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

ASOT wrote: »
    Im a liverpool fan and i can say hes a quality player and agree 100% hes been treated like dirt. I think hes capable of holding down a first team place ( obv i dont watch yous week in week out ) but he has the ability. Bad move losing he, smashing player.

Im on AVB's side on this one, the reason why Alex and Anelka were made train with the reserves and dropped completely from the 1st team is that when we were going through a tough time and couldn't get any results they both decide to hand in transfer request instead of knuckling down and helping us get out of the situation. Having 2 players around who don't want to be there is poison to a squad. Here's to the new year and hopefully a few new signings and a few trophies too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Torres and Luiz start according to Chelsea twitter feed.

Happy Crimbo everyone!:)

Team apparantally.

Cech
    Terry
    Luiz
    Bos
    cole
    romeo
    josh
    Lamps
    Mata
    Sturridge
    Torres.

Great to see Josh stat if true.

Josh not starting. :mad:

the only change is Raul for Josh.

Bench:

Turn, Fer, McEach, Mal, Kal, Lukak, Drog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Is the match on tv today ?

not on sky anway.

going to double check setanta espn

No games on today until Stoke tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Guys heres a link for a the games today

http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That's a load of bollox!!
    Chelsea,United,Liverpool and City all play today and they don't show any of them???

I was expecting to sit down to a day of football today,I thought there was always loads of football on Stephens's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Thats is a real joke to be fair :mad: I was looking forward to the game.

I'm suprised theres not even a 3pm start showing.

Anyone got a decent stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone got a decent stream?

This one has been fairly good for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

This working perfectly for me. Nice to see Luiz back.

EDIT: Close from Torres, done well there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jesus that was woeful :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement