Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Snooze fest first half. I think Mata loses a bit of his creative ability when playing alongside Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good start to the second half for Chelsea anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gwan Mata

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lovely finish from Juan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

finally a bit of quality - reminds me of zola - lets push on now!

Neat goal that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Feck sake lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Cech bottled it again, badly. I think ye need to get rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

**** sake terrible defending and I'd have to question Cech again

• Advertisement

Malouda?! I would have preferred Josh, or dare I suggest..Kalou..

Panthro wrote: »

Lets Mata go behind Torres at least

Better now lads.PRESS PRESS PRESS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Drogs on

Danny off, Drogba on.
    Brave substitution I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Have to say, I haven't seen a better holding midfielder in Romeu at Chelsea since Makelele. Torres on the other hand seems to be wearing lead boots, some of his first touches are shocking considering the money spent on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

More of the same bad luck ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Torres will score the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Blatter wrote: »

Is the match being held in a brothel ?

All Chelsea now.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Is the match being held in a brothel ?

Torres wouldn't even score in a brothel

Ferreira on for Bosingwa - I didn't even realise he was still at Chelsea.

Hangeland is a block of a player.
    On the Paulo for Bosingwa.
    Substitution decisions boggles the mind sometimes.

Supa Keepa!

just cant get that bit of luck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Blatter wrote: »

Nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Terrible.

Disgrace.No one looked up for it today.

Utter bollocks, why didnt they play like that in the first half?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Nonsense.

I need to do it more often, it seems to work:D

Happy Christmas.

Why Chelsea brought on Malouda was completely beyond me - he has been a nothing player for a year now. Torres looked woeful, I don't know if it's a confidence thing or sheer laziness but he still looks several yards off the pace. Romeu was the one bright spot, he really is starting to look like the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Panthro wrote: »

get out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Ferreira on for Bosingwa - I didn't even realise he was still at Chelsea.

who knows why he has a massive long term deal when this is his second appearence in the league all year?!

but in fairness Bosingwa is woeful, he cannot cross a ball to save his life...

we need a creative left winger(Hazard) to supply Torres, Danny on the right taking 1000 shots a game, then put Mata in behind Torres and then two DMs behind him!

I dont want to run out of patience with Torres, that chest and shot he took deserved a goal but its just not happening for him, I strongly believe its our setup that dosent click with him tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We must have the worst conversion rate of the top teams in chances/goals scored. Alot of problems all over the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

What a pile of utter shite

• Advertisement

We need a few players in jan badly. Why is lampard still playing, how anyone can say he gives more to the team than mac eachran is beyond me. If we are a side in transition then why is lampard, malouda, kalou still getting game time???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Of those three I'd say we need to stick by Lampard as he really has given us so much over the years and should still have a bit more in the tank.

However on current form we are not going to make top 4 this year.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    We need a few players in jan badly. Why is lampard still playing, how anyone can say he gives more to the team than mac eachran is beyond me. If we are a side in transition then why is lampard, malouda, kalou still getting game time???

New phrase - slide in transition!

awful, awful, we are in a dogfight for fourth thats for sure.
    Unable to hold onto a lead against the weakest opposition and take too long to wake up.
    I'll keep repeating it till I'm blue in the face, but we need a striker

We are creating chances, thats the positive (and their goalkeeper had a good one today), but against wigan and fulham a proper confident striker would have had a field day and then our defense wouldnt have been so much under pressure.
    I hate the idea of buying yet another striker in January, but by christ we need someone to put away these chances

New phrase - slide in transition!

awful, awful, we are in a dogfight for fourth thats for sure.
    Unable to hold onto a lead against the weakest opposition and take too long to wake up.
    I'll keep repeating it till I'm blue in the face, but we need a striker

We are creating chances, thats the positive (and their goalkeeper had a good one today), but against wigan and fulham a proper confident striker would have had a field day and then our defense wouldnt have been so much under pressure.
    I hate the idea of buying yet another striker in January, but by christ we need someone to put away these chances

We will be a point behind arsenal now so hopefully the deluded media will stop this nonsense talk about the title. We are in a battle for top 4 and as another poster said on current form we are just not good enough to get it.

We need
    1. to bolster the defence and stop conceding sloppy goals
    2. a goal scorer, maybe move danny into the middle
    3. better squad players to replace anelka, malouda, ferreira, bosingwa, kalou
    4. stop playing lampard
    5. real competition for cech, not turnbull FFS
    6. real competition for a. cole
    7. a right back
    8. Jt to stop racially abusing people and thus causing a distraction that we don't need
    9. romeu to sign a 10 year contract (serious)
    10. another player like mata (god help us if he got injured)

If we do that in january we have a chance of top 4 maybe

I think the Blues missed Ramires in midfield something cruel today.
    Himself, Romeu and Meireles seemed to be forging a decent enough midfield partnership.

• Advertisement

We will be a point behind arsenal now so hopefully the deluded media will stop this nonsense talk about the title. We are in a battle for top 4 and as another poster said on current form we are just not good enough to get it.

We need
    1. to bolster the defence and stop conceding sloppy goals
    2. a goal scorer, maybe move danny into the middle
    3. better squad players to replace anelka, malouda, ferreira, bosingwa, kalou
    4. stop playing lampard
    5. real competition for cech, not turnbull FFS
    6. real competition for a. cole
    7. a right back
    8. Jt to stop racially abusing people and thus causing a distraction that we don't need
    9. romeu to sign a 10 year contract (serious)
    10. another player like mata (god help us if he got injured)

If we do that in january we have a chance of top 4 maybe

Wow - like...in a nutshell man!
    Good points them there is!

What a joke , we are gonna finish behind Arsenal this season
    What a fuuucking joke to finish behind that useless pile of **** team
    So what does that make Chelsea ??
    Dead in the water - the club won't exist in 10 years time
    Bohemians have more chance of winning Europe then we ever do

mattspiro Matt Spiro
    Malouda tells Canal Plus he'll consider leaving #CFC in January: 'i cant accept playing as little i have been'

mattspiro Matt Spiro
    Malouda tells Canal Plus he'll consider leaving #CFC in January: 'i cant accept playing as little i have been'

Problem is finding good enough replacements.

If Malouda does go, that means suddenly 3 foreign spots freed up

1/ Alex (Probable replacement Cahill. Cahill being english, means 1 spot still free
    2/ Anelka (Possible replacement Milos Krasic, hopefully just a loan with an option to buy if he actually turns out to be any good.
    As a right winger, he might free up Danny to play centre, whilst the Drog is in the ACN. Not sure if he will be cup tied
    3/ Malouda, played down reports of a move to to Anzi
    Possible replacement ??????, Kevin De Bruyne - but then he will be cup tied

Shed rumour mill has us linked with Lucas, brazillian attacking central midfielder, bit like Ganso but without the injuries. One for the future though, exciting but we have more pressing needs I would have thought - like someone other than danny who can put the ball in the net or a right back\right winger who can cross a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Agree with MUSIEST,
    Nobody competes for their place in this team.
    Have to say Cech with the masks is not doing us any favours and is laughable at this stage, bring in that newcastle keeper and get Turnbull out and see who will up their game.

This team need to build from the back, too many loose goals. Alex does not come into the equation, too many cockups, not enough free kick goals to remember like his country man R Carlos at R Madrid. When given the chance not one CB has challenged Terry for his place and that says alot.

There must be a CB back out there that can challenge Terry, when that happens this team might on. Do think Mata and Mireles have livened up what was getting a dull defensive midfield, great foils with Ramires.

Strike force with Danny and ? has me stumped. Don't know if Torres will do it or who will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Our best team is obvious IMO.

back four of Cole, Terry, Luiz, Ivanovich.

Midfield of Ramires, Meireles, Romeu.

Up front Danny, Drogba, Mata.

That is a descent team, but we have no-one of real quality on the bench. We are bringing on the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Mikel and they are not good enough.

Josh needs to go on loan as does Lukaku, they are simply not going to get the game time here as of yet. Whats happening to Alex is disgraceful, why AVB is ostracizing him i will never no.

That team is quality but in saying that its still very much a work in progress, Danny takes about 100 shots a game for near impossible positions, Luiz is a headcase at the best of times, Drogba only does it for us when he feels like it and he is passed his best anyway, Torres is not doing it and Mikel and Lampard slow things down so much we might as well just stop.

there is a lot of dead wood in our squad that needs to be cleared out before we can challenge for the top competitions again.

4 points and a game in hand for spurs ... depressing times really.... at least Arsenal were
    held yesterday, about the only good thing about this useless Xmas period of wasted
    points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I was going to come in and rant like a mother fuc....but I couldnt be arsed.

At the moment we are fighting for 4th with Arsenal, we can forget the league unless Spurs, City and Utd have a huge slip ups, like a 4 or 5 game slip up, now one team might make a balls of it but 3? Not a chance.

Champions League football is a most next year and if we dont get that at the very least then AVB will be out of a job. I'd defend AVB to the hilt, I think hes going to do a good job with us but if we dont get at least 4th then Roman will axe, it wont solve much but thats the hasrh reality we face.

I love Mata, I reckon he has the talent to be one of the best players in the league but hes been played out of position, hes wasted out left and hes in and out of games so much its not funny, I'm sure AVB can see it but until we get a repalcement to play out there we cant play Mata in behind a striker and we also need at least one CB in January.

Lamps was so much out of the game against Fulham I wasnt sure he was playing, becasue I missed the first 5 minutes trying to find a stream and when I heard he was been taking off I was struggling to think of any positive he contributed.

Cech, well I cant fault him at times but his positioning has been questionable latley with the last 2 goals we conceded, still dont think we can get rid of him.

4 main players we have and have to build around are, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, Sturridge.

At the moment they are our best performers and I cant imagine where we woudl be if we didnt have Sturridge scoring goals for us.

After beating City, I expected us to take 7 points from 9 against Spurs, Wigan, Fulham but we manage a measly 3, thats just not on for a side trying to get 4th at the very least. The only saving grace was Arsenal couldnt beat Wolves.

We need playersa to step up and really push it, if they dont want to play for the club or arent happy on the bench then they need to be axed, every player has to bring something and help the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

jcf wrote: »
    4 points and a game in hand for spurs ... depressing times really.... at least Arsenal were
    held yesterday, about the only good thing about this useless Xmas period of wasted
    points.

Couldnt have said it better myself., its going to cost us. We need Spurs to drop points as we can forget about winning the league at this stage.

Lads its hardly suprising we are having some really sh!t performances. The squad is a mess. We have...

anelka leaving (transfer request)
    alex leaving (transfer request)
    malouda (maybe leaving, not sure)
    Drogba in last 6 months of contract
    kalou in last 6 months of contract

Lampard is deteriorating like we all predicted last summer but he was not replaced.

Most fans could see that last summer the squad needed major surgery (not just the first eleven but the squad players also) and according to AVB there would be no "radical"changes. I think he will have changed his mind now and hopefully we do whats needed in january.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement