Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Lads its hardly suprising we are having some really sh!t performances. The squad is a mess. We have...

anelka leaving (transfer request)
    alex leaving (transfer request)
    malouda (maybe leaving, not sure)
    Drogba in last 6 months of contract
    kalou in last 6 months of contract

Lampard is deteriorating like we all predicted last summer but he was not replaced.

Most fans could see that last summer the squad needed major surgery (not just the first eleven but the squad players also) and according to AVB there would be no "radical"changes. I think he will have changed his mind now and hopefully we do whats needed in january.

I think AVB didnt want to upset the apple cart too much with the statement but the squad is just incosistent at cruial times and doesnt seem to get motivated for some games. We've seen against Utd, City, Arsenal and Liverpool at times that we can be brillant and terrible and equal measures.

We really are a team that ya cant bank on which one is going to turn up at this stage. January will be interesting anyway, I can see Roman splashing put big money again, hopefully to help AVB rather the hinder him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lads its hardly suprising we are having some really sh!t performances. The squad is a mess. We have...

anelka leaving (transfer request)
    alex leaving (transfer request)
    malouda (maybe leaving, not sure)
    Drogba in last 6 months of contract
    kalou in last 6 months of contract

Lampard is deteriorating like we all predicted last summer but he was not replaced.

Most fans could see that last summer the squad needed major surgery (not just the first eleven but the squad players also) and according to AVB there would be no "radical"changes. I think he will have changed his mind now and hopefully we do whats needed in january.

God, this is becoming like the liverpool thread!

AVB is right I'm afraid. Its all very well shipping players out in Jan, but you have to have the replacements lined up and in January, you take a chance and overpay, wheel and deal like 'Arry or get simply lucky.
    Then they have to settle in and quickly!
    No one really good normally moves in Jan, so lets get that straight!
    Remember we let too many oldies go before and didnt get in adequate replacements - then we suffered injuries

Cahill in for Alex. Good business, isnt going to set the world on fire, but cheap, english and will do a job

Milos Krasic - worth a punt if we can get him cheap or better still on loan.
    Will free Danny up in the centre whilst the Drog is out in ACN.

Central midfield - young kid or a loaner.
    Will Essien come back good enough or is he finished?

The amazing news is that the Hutch might actually be able to do a job for us. Probably be called into the first squad as backup.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/71518/

The time to really sort the squad out is in the summer.
    Write this season off as a settling in period but make sure we get that 4th place.

At least AVB can say he got further in the CL than both the Manchesters and I reckon we can scrape past Napoli

Looks like AVB has learnt and gone back to playing like every manager has to with MOurinhos squad

shame it took so many dropped points for him to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

God, this is becoming like the liverpool thread!

AVB is right I'm afraid. Its all very well shipping players out in Jan, but you have to have the replacements lined up and in January, you take a chance and overpay, wheel and deal like 'Arry or get simply lucky.
    No one really good normally moves in Jan, so lets get that straight!
    this is the main point, no team wants to lose a star player in January.
    Remember we let too many oldies go before and didnt get in adequate replacements - then we suffered injuries
    Cahill in for Alex. Good business, isnt going to set the world on fire, but cheap, english and will do a job
    Has to be done, if we lose him to Arsenal it will be a blow and we'll end up over paying for a replacement.
    Milos Krasic - worth a punt if we can get him cheap or better still on loan.
    Will free Danny up in the centre whilst the Drog is out in ACN.

He would be a good option if he can keep his form up, he has the ability alright but I'd rather if we got Jovetic from Firoentina
    Central midfield - young kid or a loaner.
    Will Essien come back good enough or is he finished?

Hope Essien can do a job for us, if he comes back the player we all know and love we'll have a great midifeld.

The amazing news is that the Hutch might actually be able to do a job for us. Probably be called into the first squad as backup.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/71518/
    The time to really sort the squad out is in the summer.
    Write this season off as a settling in period but make sure we get that 4th place.
    Well made point Sgt, this has to happen, sort the squad in the summer and stick a fork in this seasons title chances, thy're gone, we need to concentrate on 4th.

At least AVB can say he got further in the CL than both the Manchesters and I reckon we can scrape past Napoli

Looks like AVB has learnt and gone back to playing like every manager has to with MOurinhos squad

shame it took so many dropped points for him to do it!

Good points Sgt as usual.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Carlo to take over PSG today ,

its been a while since the mighty blues have given us an xmas present , we have been so poor over the festivities for the last couple of seasons.

Sounds like Josh is going on LOAN to Bolton as part of the Cahill move

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_12407_mceachran-set-for-bolton-loan-as-part-of-cahill-deal.html

Maybe, just maybe, we might get an expensive gift from Roman, just appease us the fans for writing this season off.

Trouble is our squad is so short of reliable quality now, I couldnt say which position we need most, but I'd probably go with striker as we create enough chances (20 odd shots against Fulham, close to the same against Wigan)
    Love it if Torres steps up and he wasnt in bad form before the sending off.

ha ha ha

You know its the silly season when............

"There are Catalan press claims of an amazing swap deal involving Chelsea striker Fernando Torres moving to Barcelona.
    El Mundo Deportivo says Torres will join Barca in exchange for youngsters Sergi Roberto, Isaac Cuenca and Martin Montoya.
    Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas drove the deal, offering Torres to Barca with the European champs losing David Villa for the season and was initially demanding Pedro in part exchange.
    Barca coach Pep Guardiola, in talks with Chelsea chief Michael Emenalo in Brescia, refused to release Pedro and instead offered three of their top youngsters.
    Blues midfielder Oriol Romeu also had a big say in the deal, convincing his three former Barca B teammates about life in London and at Stamford Bridge. The young trio are expected in London on Saturday to finalise their switch.
    Torres, meanwhile, is expected in Barcelona later today."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/barcelona-stunner-young-trio-way-chelsea-torres-2584151?utm_source=feed_newsnow

tribal football - says it all really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That's the biggest sack of poo I've read in a while. Would be an amazing deal for Chelsea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Carlo to take over PSG today ,

its been a while since the mighty blues have given us an xmas present , we have been so poor over the festivities for the last couple of seasons.

Pity.

He should still be Chelsea manager. Sacked by king Roman for a unknown man touted as the new Mourinho, how knee jerk and gullible can one be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Pity.

He should still be Chelsea manager. Sacked by king Roman for a unknown man touted as the new Mourinho, how knee jerk and gullible can one be.

The only people who touted him as the new Mourinho were the media and muppets ,

He said so himself he is his own man,

Given time he will come good , very good .

Look Alex Ferguson was being written of by some and look at the run he brought United on ,

The decision to remove Carlo was made and we need to live with that now ,

Whats knee jerk is the reaction of people cause were not walking away with the league this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Marca are reporting that Barca are weighing up a €10m offer to get Romeu back to Camp Nou: http://www.marca.com/2011/12/28/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1325053205.html?a=bdb5c5a764867e35deb70f6816dc6ba8&t=1325089965

McDave wrote: »
    Marca are reporting that Barca are weighing up a €10m offer to get Romeu back to Camp Nou: http://www.marca.com/2011/12/28/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1325053205.html?a=bdb5c5a764867e35deb70f6816dc6ba8&t=1325089965

Yeah, wouldnt pay any attention, just the media stirring.
    Anyway, we dont have to sell, but IF we do, they get first refusal.
    TBH, we are offering the lad first team football so why would he?

It seems to be conditional on Keita moving on next summer. And even if it's serious, €10 million is not.

Pity.

Carlo talked a good talk but failed to walk the walk!

He managed to get a final swan song out of Mourinhos team but IMO, was not the man to carry out the refresh of the squad. If you look at all his teams, and Milan in particular, he didnt bring through young players, he just extended the careers of the older ones.
    Also, he looked lost tactically when Butch was sacked.
    In his book he talks about how he told Roman how he would change Chelsea into an exciting attacking force, but either he just failed or he wasnt allowed the power needed to like AVB has now.

Either way, that is history now, so lets get behind AVB, even though its frustrating at times and hopefully we can build a young vibrant team that plays attractive football and can compete without throwing loads of cash at just 1 or 2 players

We have the nucleus of a very good team and assuming that Mata and Romeu were AVB buys, plus the fact he promoted Danny, he has a good eye for a player and should be trusted again.

AVB has done many good things already, shown that he will adapt when needed and has been let down by the players somewhat.
    (Cech in particular)
    If we were even just 4 points better off (Fulham and Wigan), then things would look a lot better.

Its not as black as it seems and we have to accept that we arent going to run away with things anymore, not that we ever really did.
    We have good youth coming though as well

Honestly, the futures bright. I've seen a lot of crap over the years,
    from being "fancy dans" playing beautiful but ultimately losing football in the 70's, the dark days of the 80's, the 90's rebirth and seeing world class players at the bridge like Guillt, Zola etc was like a wet dream after Vinny jones and then the amazing Roman years.

No club has the right or the ability to stay at the top for all time - just ask Liverpool and Arsenal fans for example.
    Chelsea WILL dip, but then they may rise again. Thats football.
    Even Man U have been up and down

You have your club and thats it. We're just lucky we have reached the heights that few others have. Sure I will moan, but I will always back my team and thats why you go to the matches, buy the dvd's etc cos you never know whats around the corner so you enjoy every success you can.

Still have the loving feeling from beating Man City! :D

C'mon the Blues!

Carlo talked a good talk but failed to walk the walk!

He managed to get a final swan song out of Mourinhos team but IMO, was not the man to carry out the refresh of the squad. If you look at all his teams, and Milan in particular, he didnt bring through young players, he just extended the careers of the older ones.
    Also, he looked lost tactically when Butch was sacked.
    In his book he talks about how he told Roman how he would change Chelsea into an exciting attacking force, but either he just failed or he wasnt allowed the power needed to like AVB has now.

Either way, that is history now, so lets get behind AVB, even though its frustrating at times and hopefully we can build a young vibrant team that plays attractive football and can compete without throwing loads of cash at just 1 or 2 players

We have the nucleus of a very good team and assuming that Mata and Romeu were AVB buys, plus the fact he promoted Danny, he has a good eye for a player and should be trusted again.

AVB has done many good things already, shown that he will adapt when needed and has been let down by the players somewhat.
    (Cech in particular)
    If we were even just 4 points better off (Fulham and Wigan), then things would look a lot better.

Its not as black as it seems and we have to accept that we arent going to run away with things anymore, not that we ever really did.
    We have good youth coming though as well

Honestly, the futures bright. I've seen a lot of crap over the years,
    from being "fancy dans" playing beautiful but ultimately losing football in the 70's, the dark days of the 80's, the 90's rebirth and seeing world class players at the bridge like Guillt, Zola etc was like a wet dream after Vinny jones and then the amazing Roman years.

No club has the right or the ability to stay at the top for all time - just ask Liverpool and Arsenal fans for example.
    Chelsea WILL dip, but then they may rise again. Thats football.
    Even Man U have been up and down

You have your club and thats it. We're just lucky we have reached the heights that few others have. Sure I will moan, but I will always back my team and thats why you go to the matches, buy the dvd's etc cos you never know whats around the corner so you enjoy every success you can.

Still have the loving feeling from beating Man City! :D

C'mon the Blues!

Carlo had one full season in charge of Chelsea and won an FA Cup and a league title, if that's not walking the walk i don't no what is.

His sacking was a disgrace, we made a stunning comeback during the 2010-11 campaign, we were 15 points away from United and we pegged it pack to being 3 points putting us in second place behind them, when United beat us at Old Trafford to make it a 6 point gap his fate was sealed IMO but they waited until after we lost to Everton to give him the chop.

He also brought us our first domestic double. He is a very accomplished manager both domestically and in Europe.

I do back AVB now he is here but i never backed or was in favor of his appointment. Winning a very poor Portuguese league with a stand out team in Porto is not good enough to warrant the Chelsea job, either is his UEFA Cup success. He was able to get away with naive tactics and inexperience in that league because Porto were miles ahead of everyone else, its not the same in the PL which we are finding out to our detriment at the moment.

Listen, Carlo is the man with the knowledge and success behind him, why would Roman give AVB the power and not even give Carlo the chance?

We all no if say Pep Guardiola is made available Knee jerk Roman wont be to long in trying to snap him up if its at all possible, the lure of getting the man behind the Barca style would be to much for Roman to turn down, then we would find out that you need Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Fabregas to play that way and he would end up being another massive let down. We tried to play the Barca style this season and we got ripped to shreds half the time. Its a joke.

IMO i don't think Roman will change, its only a matter of time before AVB gets the same treatment as the rest did. Roman interfered throughout his ownership of the club he wont stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Its all very well shipping players out in Jan, but you have to have the replacements lined up and in January, you take a chance and overpay, wheel and deal like 'Arry or get simply lucky.

Any excuse to post this... :P

• Advertisement

Carlo had one full season in charge of Chelsea and won an FA Cup and a league title, if that's not walking the walk i don't no what is.

His sacking was a disgrace, we made a stunning comeback during the 2010-11 campaign, we were 15 points away from United and we pegged it pack to being 3 points putting us in second place behind them, when United beat us at Old Trafford to make it a 6 point gap his fate was sealed IMO but they waited until after we lost to Everton to give him the chop.

He also brought us our first domestic double. He is a very accomplished manager both domestically and in Europe.

I do back AVB now he is here but i never backed or was in favor of his appointment. Winning a very poor Portuguese league with a stand out team in Porto is not good enough to warrant the Chelsea job, either is his UEFA Cup success. He was able to get away with naive tactics and inexperience in that league because Porto were miles ahead of everyone else, its not the same in the PL which we are finding out to our detriment at the moment.

Listen, Carlo is the man with the knowledge and success behind him, why would Roman give AVB the power and not even give Carlo the chance?

We all no if say Pep Guardiola is made available Knee jerk Roman wont be to long in trying to snap him up if its at all possible, the lure of getting the man behind the Barca style would be to much for Roman to turn down, then we would find out that you need Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Fabregas to play that way and he would end up being another massive let down. We tried to play the Barca style this season and we got ripped to shreds half the time. Its a joke.

IMO i don't think Roman will change, its only a matter of time before AVB gets the same treatment as the rest did. Roman interfered throughout his ownership of the club he wont stop now.

I'm not saying he wasnt successful, and he certainly got the best of an aging squad. But he wasnt the man to clear out the squad and bring in younger players, especially when there form started to decline.
    When the chips were down, he didnt take a chance on Danny and kept playing ill or out of form players (Drogba was still ill, Lamps wasnt right, cole was injured)
    He struggled with tactics when we were in the "difficult" period that stretched on and on. Eventually we got out of it but it was too late.
    He played Torres when he should have played Drogba against Man U (Twice)
    He should have spoken up about the sacking of Wilkins.
    He wasnt his own man

If your not happy with Roman, then whats the answer?
    We made a pact with the devil and for a while its been very good.
    All he wants is the same thing you do - success.
    But after spending millions - he has a right to demand success.

It looks like he is learning though and as long as AVB hits certain targets, he has the most power of any manager since Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well said SGT! I thought Carlo was outwitted too many bloody times also.

Right can we expect a 7-1 against Villa?

Interesting to see if Torres will start, considering Drogs is soon off to ACN.
    Rambo is back thank christ!.

Cahill going to be first signing, wonder if this will allow Luiz to either go RB or midfield???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

smuckers wrote: »
    Well said SGT! I thought Carlo was outwitted too many bloody times also.

Right can we expect a 7-1 against Villa?

Interesting to see if Torres will start, considering Drogs is soon off to ACN.
    Rambo is back thank christ!.

Cahill going to be first signing, wonder if this will allow Luiz to either go RB or midfield???????

The bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

G.K. wrote: »
    The bench.

Without Luiz we are worthless

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7400245/Romeu-to-remain-with-Blues

Players like him never stay, he'll do a Fabregas and jump ship when he gets the chance. Quality player who will only improve. We only have him for 1-2 years i reckon.

He is basically using us for first team football and when the time is right plans to go back to Barca, by the sounds of it we cant stop him either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

It was all down to a floater!
    Despite his ability to fulfil his role as Ancelotti’s second hand man, Wilkins did the unthinkable, and unforgiveable.
    The 54-year-old made the mistake of occupying Abramovich’s personal bathroom at Stamford Bridge and leaving traces of his presence.
    The Russian billionaire is known to be very particular about his private bathroom, not allowing anyone else to use it. Not even his girlfriend.
    Wilkins, who had a particularly large lunch before the fated afternoon, happened to off-load in the Blues owners personal bathroom.
    Minutes after the incident, Abramovich himself felt the need to visit the bathroom, upon which he discovered the not so little present Wilkins had left for him.
    Disgust turned to panic as Abramovich tried countless times to remove the signs of Wilkins’ negligence and disobedience.
    It was all in vain and by the end of Abramovich had given up and had called in the professionals, who spent all day on the monstrosity.
    A source close to the club revealed:
    “It was big, it just wouldn’t go.”

Disclaimer: This is a satirical piece. The ideas expressed in this article are solely of the writer's and do not reflect the official editorial policy of better.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

You'll dismiss this very easily but as soon as caughtoffside or tribalfootball link chelsea to player you like it's interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I read somewhere that carlo wants malouda and kalou at PSG, please please please let that be true. He would be doing chelsea a massive favour, these are the players chelsea could not get rid of in the summer. So that would be anelka, alex, malouda, kalou out in january. Cahill to replace alex. That means we will need at least one winger, possibly two.

We need fresh faces at the club especially younger players who want to prove themselves ( like danny) but we don't need to spend 50 million on one player FFS,thats not whats needed, learn the lessons chelsea. For 50 million you could pick up 2 young world class wingers.

I am looking forward to AVB getting the chance to develope this squad, his signing so far have been excellent (mata and romeu) and he should have a good chance in january to bring in players he wants.

I read somewhere that carlo wants malouda and kalou at PSG, please please please let that be true. He would be doing chelsea a massive favour, these are the players chelsea could not get rid of in the summer. So that would be anelka, alex, malouda, kalou out in january. Cahill to replace alex. That means we will need at least one winger, possibly two.

We need fresh faces at the club especially younger players who want to prove themselves ( like danny) but we don't need to spen 50 million on one player FFS, learn the lessons chelsea.

I'd say he'd be keen on Drogba too but with Drogba's links to Marseille it may not happen.

As for chelsea signing players the stories I heard from west London is that Chelsea will make money available for AVB to put his stamp on the team.

Cahill is supposedly a done deal for under or around 7 mill with a player going on loan to Bolton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

amiable wrote: »
    I'd say he'd be keen on Drogba too but with Drogba's links to Marseille it may not happen.

As for chelsea signing players the stories I heard from west London is that Chelsea will make money available for AVB to put his stamp on the team.

Cahill is supposedly a done deal for under or around 7 mill with a player going on loan to Bolton

Drogba has said he will go where ever he gets the biggest offer so I think he will follow anelka to china or possibly anzhi. I have no problem with drogba leaving, he has played ok recently but he is not banging in the goals consistantly for us. Thats another area chelsea need to strengten, we need a goalscorer.

Drogba has said he will go where ever he gets the biggest offer so I think he will follow anelka to china or possibly anzhi. I have no problem with drogba leaving, he has played ok recently but he is not banging in the goals consistantly for us. Thats another area chelsea need to strengten, we need a goalscorer.

Well if it's just down to money then PSG can well afford him.

But there is massive hatred between PSG and Marseille.

Apparently Chelsea are shocked at Cahills wage demands, and Cahill himself is worried about playing time

Personally I understand why we are getting him, but he would be third choice and hopefully we would get a better defender in the summer, unless he proves himself

Apparently Chelsea are shocked at Cahills wage demands, and Cahill himself is worried about playing time

Personally I understand why we are getting him, but he would be third choice and hopefully we would get a better defender in the summer, unless he proves himself

Where did you hear this?

Somebody quote me on this please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Was just on Shed there,

Apparently a deal for Villa was all but signed before he broke his leg, interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Captain John Terry
    Chelsea skipper John Terry has already set his sights on ending his career as a one-club man.

The 31-year-old England captain graduated from the youth team to make his senior debut with the Blues in 1998, and after a brief spell on loan at Nottingham Forest two years later, he returned to become a regular at Stamford Bridge.

It wasn't long before Terry took the armband in west London, and despite an influx of cash from owner Roman Abramovich and numerous changes at the management position, 'JT' has remained in charge on the pitch for Chelsea and gone on to become the club's most successful leader.
    "For me, you don't see (one-club players) in this day and age. You see a couple of the Man United lads and Steven Gerrard at Liverpool, but other than that you couldn't count five people on your hand," he told Chelsea TV.

"It is a rare breed and I am really proud to have spent my whole career here. I have been fortunate enough to start at a very young age and to see different managers come in, big managers, and for me to keep improving.

"One because I have wanted to and secondly because I see this as my club and always will.

"When I finish playing I want to come back to Stamford Bridge and bring my kids to watch games and things like that. I am really proud to be at one club and no other club. I could never see myself in another shirt anyway."

The centre back also spoke on life after football, with the 71-cap international admitting a career in management is already on his mind.

Terry has made no secret of his desire to potentially manager Chelsea in the future, but hinted that he's aware his skills will first have to be tested elsewhere.

"I have learnt over the years from managers I've had and I have worked out [training] sessions from the last seven or eight years. I have got stacks and stacks at home. It is just a case of putting it into my way," he added.

"Dennis [Wise] said about having your own people within and it is so important if you are a manager that you are controlling everything.

"It is all or nothing for me and if I don't get the chance to take the reins on everything, that would probably make my mind up whether I do take a job if I get the opportunity."

Seem as its been touted that Chelsea will be in the market come January, Any chance of an official source about Roman making funds available, and if so, so much is being spouted?

• Advertisement

Was just on Shed there,

Apparently a deal for Villa was all but signed before he broke his leg, interesting.

Of course it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Tis annoying being on a slump.

But, hey. We are still better than Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cahill deal done according to SSN

From Soccernet:
    Oriol Romeu's agent has suggested the player could remain at Chelsea until 2013 before returning to Barcelona.
    and
    A Chelsea spokesman, responding to the persistent speculation, said earlier this month: "The contract stipulates that in any buy-back clause it's only if Chelsea wishes to sell, so essentially it's a first option. It does state it clearly in that contract and that contract is lodged with FIFA."
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1002040/chelsea-star-oriol-romeu-could-return-to-barcelona-in-2013?cc=5739

We need fresh faces at the club especially younger players who want to prove themselves ( like danny) but we don't need to spend 50 million on one player FFS,thats not whats needed, learn the lessons chelsea. For 50 million you could pick up 2 young world class wingers.

I am looking forward to AVB getting the chance to develope this squad, his signing so far have been excellent (mata and romeu) and he should have a good chance in january to bring in players he wants.
    With a buyout clause of €100m, I guess that rules out a move for Hulk ;) : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1001938/fc-porto-striker-hulk-interested-in-chelsea-switch,-says-agent?cc=5739

Chelsea have been quiet on Modric since last summer's failed bid. But it would seem Modric doesn't necessarily see himself out of the frame: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8982437/Luka-Modric-keeps-his-options-open-for-exit-from-Spurs.html
    Spurs had hoped that Modric, under contract until 2016, would sign a new, improved deal but it’s understood that he wants to wait to see where the club finishes this season and what the future plans are.
    Modric himself says:
    I say almost 100 per cent I will stay at Tottenham until the summer.
    I particularly like the 'almost' bit! ;)

The Telegraph seems to think Chelsea are still in the frame.
    Chelsea have not given up hope of persuading Modric to join them — and have discussed a January move – despite the strong stance taken by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy during the summer when four bids were rejected, including a package worth around £40 million.
    My own take is that Spurs will get a top four finish this year, but that's where they'll peak. Next summer it'll be clear how Chelsea are progressing and my guess is the pendulum will be distinctly in our favour.

Of course, a top-four finish and a good run in the CL will be enough to convince Modric and other potential targets that Chelsea are still at the races, as we have been for the last 10 years. And in Modric's case that Spurs can never aspire to sustain that level of success, or entertain hopes of regularly challenging for the UCL, as Chelsea do.

And that's the basis for success?

Get a grip. you are embarrassing the decent Chelsea supporters

No we are soooooooo not! - they beat us twice!

McDave wrote: »
    Chelsea have been quiet on Modric since last summer's failed bid. But it would seem Modric doesn't necessarily see himself out of the frame: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8982437/Luka-Modric-keeps-his-options-open-for-exit-from-Spurs.html

Modric himself says:
    I particularly like the 'almost' bit! ;)

The Telegraph seems to think Chelsea are still in the frame.

My own take is that Spurs will get a top four finish this year, but that's where they'll peak. Next summer it'll be clear how Chelsea are progressing and my guess is the pendulum will be distinctly in our favour.

Of course, a top-four finish and a good run in the CL will be enough to convince Modric and other potential targets that Chelsea are still at the races, as we have been for the last 10 years. And in Modric's case that Spurs can never aspire to sustain that level of success, or entertain hopes of regularly challenging for the UCL, as Chelsea do.

Please, just NO! We wasted soooo much time and nearly overpaid soooooo much.
    There must be someone else

AVB said no radical overhaul this Jan and I agree, it would be madness.
    Overpaying again, Jan is not the time to buy

Cahill and Krasic are cheap enough enough and wont disrupt the squad.
    If we can find a cheap playmaker, I'm thinking now that would be better than a striker

Certainly dont want to see the sort of thing below or "incredible 84 million bid for the HULK" quotes either!!

That deal could kick-off a hectic month for Chelsea, with reports today suggesting boss Andre Villas-Boas will be handed a £150million warchest by owner Roman Abramovich to revive the club's flagging title hopes.

The Daily Express is reporting that Porto defender Alvaro Pereira, Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell, Real forward Gonzalo Higuain and Napoli's Edinson Cavani are all on the club's radar."

Cavani is just Torres again - similier type of player - needs the same service as Torres who isnt getting it
    Higuain is like Drogba, where we just lump it up to me and hope something happens

Its all just newspaper fantasy thank god

Even if Malouda, Kalou and Drogba want out, its best to hold onto them so we can replace them properly cause the sort of names being mentioned wont come cheap, will have to quickly adapt and wont be able to play CL, although that may not matter much longer!
    No way would Napoli sell any players to us ahead of the game!

God I hate silly season!
    Seriously, now we have dropped the high line, we've shown we can beat City and I reckon its only tatctical mistkaes that are fecking us up (Playing safe against Fulham with a late safe sub - oh AVB!)

• Advertisement

I can't believe some people are still looking to sign Krasic

Was just on Shed there,

Did we dodge a bullet there?
    Another 30 year old wanting high wages and wouldnt have been cheap

Mata and Danny are the template repeat repeat!!!!!!!:D

yes a milliion times YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Krasic on loan till July would be decent, I reckon.

G.K. wrote: »
    Krasic on loan till July would be decent, I reckon.

He's been a big disappointment at Juve though don't you think?

I think Chelsea will be looking at better than him in the transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

What are the chances of us making another bid for De Bruyne? We do need a new winger and he looks promising enough, Krasic has been poor at Juve.

We have been consistently better than Liverpool for the last few years now. That's old news.

The fact we are challenging them and Arsenal for a top four spot this year says more about us than them, its nothing to be proud of on out part.

Bertser wrote: »
    What are the chances of us making another bid for De Bruyne? We do need a new winger and he looks promising enough, Krasic has been poor at Juve.

Really, I wasnt so impressed by De Bruyne?
    Krasic doesnt suit the system they are playing at Juve, but a loan deal would be the best option until Neymar\Cavani\Lucas\Hazard etc come!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I thought he done alright against us actually, created some problems for us.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really, I wasnt so impressed by De Bruyne?
    Krasic doesnt suit the system they are playing at Juve, but a loan deal would be the best option until Neymar\Cavani\Lucas\Hazard etc come!

De Bruyne would be superior to any options we have on the wings, apart from Danny.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement