Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

smuckers wrote: »
    sick of this ****

Aren't we all....aren't we all.

Spurs game is level now to rub salt into the wound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

mike65 wrote: »
    AVB out?, would be 3 points from last possible 12.
    Nope. It's just a lousy December. Which means no credit in the bank. If January and February goes like this (incl. UCL), then the knives will be out.

Facepalm (third goal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good man Lampard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Hahahaha all you can really do is laugh
    Wow we really are shhhhhhhiiiiiiiitttt aren't we ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

unfecking real, but somehow totally expected
    Thank god for other teams fecking up as well

jesusssssssssssssssssssss

1-3 villa

oh for alex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spurs are being held, 1-3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

ah whats the ****ing point, this bull**** absolute ****ing disgrace

nuxxx wrote: »
    lol..

It could be worse we could be losing to the team who were bottom of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Nightmare serious serious problems.

:mad:

• Advertisement

even in the depths of depair, all is not lost.
    regroup - spend a **** load of cash in Jan and get...........4th place

seriously 3rd and 4th still up for grabs, a lot of football yet
    give cahill a wheelbarrow of cash quick

feck you chelsea, wont even let me enjoy Utd getting beat:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Willie's thoughts on this should be interesting and insightful as usual.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

even in the depths of depair, all is not lost.
    regroup - spend a **** load of cash in Jan and get...........4th place

seriously 3rd and 4th still up for grabs, a lot of football yet
    give cahill a wheelbarrow of cash quick

feck you chelsea, wont even let me enjoy Utd getting beat:(

At this stage I'm beginning to wonder if throwing cash at AVB is the right thing to do given his judgement thus far at the helm.

My word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Luiz doing the Ronaldinho no look pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I'm sure it's been a while since both Man United and Chelsea have both lost at home on the same weekend, and both conceded 3 goals in the process.

double GG wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been a while since both Man United and Chelsea have both lost at home, and both conceded 3 goals in the process.

Good point

This team should have have been rebuilt a few years we are now paying the price.

This is a combination of AVB and the players.

we need more than 2 players in Jan, but its not the answer.

Happy ****ing new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

At this stage I'm beginning to wonder if throwing cash at AVB is the right thing to do given his judgement thus far at the helm.
    Chelsea were always going to have to rebuild anyway. It wasn't AVB's fault that 50 mill went down the drain on Torres. Nor that key old reliables like Cech, Lampard and Drogba are off their peak. Nor that Terry is still getting into hot water. Nor that Essien hasn't been available.

The old Chelsea is dead and buried. We need a fast-paced industrious team based on younger players. AVB has only started to build that team (he's still in the process of dismantling Mourinho's team - there'll certainly be a major clearout in January now - it's AVB's opportunity to mould his team).

It has to be said though that the extent of the collapse can only limit AVB's options, both in terms of patience and in attracting top players.

We need to be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I have to admit, coming into the season, I didn't think we'd win the PL. I thought we'd be up there, challenging, close, but just wouldn't have enough for Man Utd/City this season - new manager, aging squad, etc. etc.

Never thought we'd be in this position. 5th at the half way mark. Not unlucky, just playing sh1t almost consistently. We have problems that have to be addressed immediately.

Screw the CL for this season, we need to focus completely at the league. A CB and AMF or (in form) striker are absolutely necessary. Don't care if they're cup tied for the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

New CB and a new winger, we need to give Josh a chance our midfield is about as creative as my backside. Meireles is an absolutely brutal player. Also enough of the 4-3-3, drab football we play with it.

we need to go mental with the cheque book now but AVB night bury his head in the sand with the "no radical changes" line

McDave wrote: »
    We need to be patient.

Well, Roman does. And if they fans start booing, he will hear that all the way to his multi million pound new years party

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2079281/Roman-Abramovich-prepares-5m-New-Year-party-luxury-island.html

Bertser wrote: »
    New CB and a new winger, we need to give Josh a chance our midfield is about as creative as my backside. Meireles is an absolutely brutal player. Also enough of the 4-3-3, drab football we play with it.

Disagree about Meireles there. I think he should be part of the squad going forward. He has some bad days, today included, but has been one of our better performers of the season on the whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Who was it who signed Mata, Mereilies and Romeu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

chelsea have a good manager in avb, but the squad needs a big, big rebuild. most of chelsea's key players have a year or two at the top level left in them, and some are starting to slip already. if you stick with avb and let him bring in some younger players, there's no reason not to expect you to challenge again in a year or two, but it's more important that there's no more chopping and changing of the manager, and you get a solid road plan for the future set out if you want to challenge in a sustained manner. can't see you finishing outside the top 4 at all, regardless of today's result, but if roman gets trigger happy, or the fans force his hand, you might be looking at even more trouble down the line

G.K. wrote: »
    Who was it who signed Mata, Mereilies and Romeu?

Agreed, he's made some suspect decisions from the sideline, but he's done pretty well on transfers so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Missed the game as I went out to get the goodies in for tonights festivities but was thinking that was 3 points in the bag no bother .

What happened ?

Another Nightmare xmas for the blues, Im actually shocked we didnt win today , big aul grin on the face seeing Utd done this morning ,

Even at that they were missing some top players and rested there number 1 (Rooney) we had no excuses.

I cant even put a positive spin on this now , full blown Crisis this has become , I still back the manager its the players I look at .

Whats that now 3 points out of our last 12 , even Blackburn have a better record at present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Terrible, AVB makes the exact same mistakes as Fulham, even mimics the subs. That Villa side are terribly unimaginitive and we managed to concede 3 against them. I can't really see the light anymore with AVB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Don't understand why Romeu was taken off, that left the defence completely exposed.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Terrible, AVB makes the exact same mistakes as Fulham, even mimics the subs. That Villa side are terribly unimaginitive and we managed to concede 3 against them. I can't really see the light anymore with AVB.

I tend to agree, AVB's management skills have been very unimpressive and thats taking into account our useless retirement home of a squad. However sacking the manager is the last thing we need now, we need 5 or 6 signings at least to challenge for 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Shocking result and decisions by AVB...I for one am not happy at the moment, we have dropped senseless points against opposition we should be beating comfortably and AVB has to take ownership of this.

His decisions are mind boggling at times but not all that surprising to me.
    He is only learning his trade and i for one am not happy that this joke is left tinker and experiment around at Chelsea.

I said it before he has done very little in management, winning a poor mans league with Porto and the UEFA cup doesn't warrant us bringing him in. His inexperience is showing game-by-game.

Disgraceful result.

Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Romeu, Meireles, Sturridge, Drogba, Mata. Subs: Turnbull, Lampard, Torres, Malouda, Bosingwa, Kalou, Hutchinson.

Problems all over the shop there

Ferreira? Seriously?
    Drogba - god I love the man but his time has gone.
    Cech - needs serious competition

Very mis-shapen subs bench, no game changers there except maybe Lamps. Turnbull???
    Malouda and Kalou want out. Bose is another one who should have been out the door long ago

Rebuild with Luiz, Ramires, Romeu, Danny and Mata

The rest need competition and Terry isnt getting any younger or fitter.
    Lamps on the bench and the rest ship out

Thats the legacy of hiring and firing too many managers and only backing them for 1 or 2 players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

full blown Crisis this has become

^^^ Yoda ^^^

Well thats football for you
    At the start of the season, everyone wrote off Arsenal and Spuds
    and now they are well above us.

Both have experienced long time managers, and we need to get through this and stick with AVB.
    Defence is the starting point, and he is taking steps to address that

still fecking annoys though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

AVB hasn't been able to put his stamp on the Chelsea squad yet IMO.

It looks like Roman is going to back him with money to do this.
    Judge him when he has brought in a few more players and the ones that are there get used to his methods.

amiable wrote: »
    AVB hasn't been able to put his stamp on the Chelsea squad yet IMO.

It looks like Roman is going to back him with money to do this.
    Judge him when he has brought in a few more players and the ones that are there get used to his methods.

If you sack AVB, then what? That's my biggest worry--the aimlessness of it all. The best thing we can do is sell the players who don't want to be here and buy fresh talent. Yes, it's risky. Yes, it will put more pressure on AVB. But sacking him now only creates more confusion, more friction.

He needs to hire a defensive coach like we had in Stevie Clarke

At the moment its difficult to see if its more him or the players just performing, but I'm still leaning towards the players not performing

2 of the last draws were down to Cech. But also down to us just not finishing which vreated the defensive pressure
    He's dropped the high line and even played it too safe sometimes

We have 2 great performances on record
    Man City and Valencia
    Christ we beat Man City for chrissakes, so far the ONLY team to do so and from being a goal down!!!!
    Why havent we built on that?

We have to let AVB die by his own sword and get in his own players.
    Meirles is no Lamps that much is clear, Ramires needs to do better, especially on finishing, christ theres great big holes all over the squad, its hard to say where to start. Not unlike the huge hole between Terry and Luiz that Villa got their 3rd goal

Happy new year chelsea fans, lets hope its a better one!:eek:

• Advertisement

When you have Kalou posting BS on twitter about the NY, it shows how much he cares about the club.

One thing is for sure Torres will score in Jan. ;)

Same to you SGT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

lads, its looking pretty bleak.

BUT...

come the summer Anelka/Drogba/Kalou will all be gone from the club, that leaves us with Torres/Lukaku plus presumably another striker we bring in!

for the rest of this season can we please just play Torres, he's going to be our main striker and we wont have Drogba to fall back on, so give him the rest of the season to get his form back! Think of how our season could change if he got a few goals, gets his confidence back from playing games and lit up before the end of the season!

This year thats all I want, then bring on next season!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    lads, its looking pretty bleak.

BUT...

come the summer Anelka/Drogba/Kalou will all be gone from the club, that leaves us with Torres/Lukaku plus presumably another striker we bring in!

for the rest of this season can we please just play Torres, he's going to be our main striker and we wont have Drogba to fall back on, so give him the rest of the season to get his form back! Think of how our season could change if he got a few goals, gets his confidence back from playing games and lit up before the end of the season!

This year thats all I want, then bring on next season!

Happy New Year - still unbeaten in 2012 :D

Had a chance to watch the match, it wasnt as bad as I thought TBH.
    Key moment was when JT got caught out and Villa had 2 quick peno appeals. That unsettled us and Luiz didnt adjust his position quick enough leaving a huge gap.
    Before then we had chances and were unlucky, Torres, Bose good goalkeeping etc

I'm starting to think we just need proper wingers to give the strikers actual service. You could put Cavani, Neymar, hell even Messi and they wouldnt score in our team. Mata and Danny like to drift inside.
    We are looking for one alright, hopefully on loan or cheap.
    Put in Cahill and I reckon we can get back up there, just need that bit of luck and like you say, play Torres til it hurts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

I'm not a Chelsea supporter but i feel for AVB i mean he's what 34 and has come in with a huge price tag. imagine the pressure. I don't trust Roman to give him time, not after what happened to Ancelotti which really pissed me off, although the sheer amount paid for him could save him. But as someone here said, where would you even go after sacking AVB? He surely has a big future in management. To those who feel he achieved 'nothing really' in management (mainly on the Guardian page) during his time in Portugal, i think it is odd to seriously suggest winning three major trophies in your first year with a club as meaning little or nothing. Unbeaten as well.

I think sacking him would be a big mistake. These things happen sometimes. Maybe the players there don't see him as 'the boss' as he was lauded in Porto. I think there are some bad attitudes in the club which may be undermining his reign.

It's about time Roman gave someone a chance. At least until the end of next season. Jesus, fergie took his time getting United off the ground.

I'm not a Chelsea supporter but i feel for AVB i mean he's what 34 and has come in with a huge price tag. imagine the pressure. I don't trust Roman to give him time, not after what happened to Ancelotti which really pissed me off, although the sheer amount paid for him could save him. But as someone here said, where would you even go after sacking AVB? He surely has a big future in management. To those who feel he achieved 'nothing really' in management (mainly on the Guardian page) during his time in Portugal, i think it is odd to seriously suggest winning three major trophies in your first year with a club as meaning little or nothing. Unbeaten as well.

I think sacking him would be a big mistake. These things happen sometimes. Maybe the players there don't see him as 'the boss' as he was lauded in Porto. I think there are some bad attitudes in the club which may be undermining his reign.
    It's about time Roman gave someone a chance. At least until the end of next season. Jesus, fergie took his time getting United off the ground.

I agree with all of that except the bit in bold. The problem with chelsea is simple, the squad is just not good enough anymore. It reached its peak in the double winning season 2 years ago. We just need to re build under AVB IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I agree with all of that except the bit in bold. The problem with chelsea is simple, the squad is just not good enough anymore. It reached its peak in the double winning season 2 years ago. We just need to re build under AVB IMO.

Yes fair point. Maybe he could shape his signings attempting to build a system to suit Torres, you know, try to replicate the style of service he got at Liverpool. Obviously this approach would warrant a glut of new signings and new players. And even if he rates Torres ... I'm fairly sure he does ... would he trust him to lead the team? In a sense the situation has a parallel with Berbatov at United: the lack of place in a team despite great talent and ability.

I don't know what system he used at Porto, besides it being attack-minded, so I can't comment on people saying AVB has only one tactical style, is a one-trick pony etc. I haven't watched Chelsea enough to have a strong opinion. It just seems improbable that that could be the case.

Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081091/Andre-Villas-Boas-faces-new-crisis-Chelsea-stars-struck-injury-illness.html

Danny
    Drogba
    Cech
    Cole
    Terry
    Kalou
    Malouda

All not 100% fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081091/Andre-Villas-Boas-faces-new-crisis-Chelsea-stars-struck-injury-illness.html

Danny
    Drogba
    Cech
    Cole
    Terry
    Kalou
    Malouda

All not 100% fit

Dare I say this is exactly what we need!

Torres guaranteed to start!
    Bertrand getting to put Cole under pressure and giving him a break!
    Chalobah or Hutch coming in to play ahead of Terry would be brilliant aswell!

change is a good thing right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Is it just me or are others feeling that it is time to abandon this current 4 3 3 formation and go back to the old diamond or christmas tree look.

Being left far too exposed at the back and getting constantly outplayed in midfield. We should go back to our old style of grinding out results instead of playing this free flowing football that has ruined our season so far.

I know the squad has peaked and a number of the lads need to be shipped, but i feel we would be a lot more stable if the midfield was more secure and had an extra player in there.

We need Mourinho back..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement