Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

word in the Shed is that Kalou is set for PSG!!

Not sure if its now or in the summer

Funny, didnt think Carlo liked him that much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Apperently we want a grand total of 2 mill for Alex and QPR?????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081432/Chelsea-Alex-keen-Queens-Park-Rangers-move.html

Surely thats 6 million less than it should be?
    If he wants to stay in London, I'd love him at Arsenal. He's a quality defender and can definitly do better than QPR. Not quite sure why AVB is willing to get rid of him so easily, I'd rate him ahead of Cahill anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

About the Romeu situation, apparently the whole buy-back clause thing isn't how it seems and we actually do have a say in how things go, but if he keeps progressing and becomes a top class player I'm sure he will end up back at Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

LanceStorm wrote: »

Watching this video makes me drool at the thoughts of the dormant talent we have up front.

Personally I think its a combination of not being the main striker at the club when he came in, a loss of form having not scored for so long, the press/fans on his back and also Chelsea not playing the right system for Torres to prosper!

Now Drogba will more than likely be gone by the end of the season and I think the press have gotten off his back a bit, purely out of flogging a dead horse for too long!

Have a look at the goals above and try help me figure out, what are we as a club doing wrong in trying to get the best out of the guy!

It really is mental how little he looks like the player in that video these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

abelard wrote: »
    It really is mental how little he looks like the player in that video these days.

He can't have just lost the talent and I don't believe he has.

But there's something not right there.

More time playing and linking up with Mata can't hurt.

Bertser wrote: »
    About the Romeu situation, apparently the whole buy-back clause thing isn't how it seems and we actually do have a say in how things go, but if he keeps progressing and becomes a top class player I'm sure he will end up back at Barca.

I just dont see the point in worrying about it.
    At the moment he's our player, doing a great job.
    Of course he's not going to come out and say Never to Barca.
    But not every player is going to do a "Fab" and Barca have some great talent that they just cant play all of them. Plus they are still buying in, so thats going to piss some of them off

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

Watching this video makes me drool at the thoughts of the dormant talent we have up front.

Personally I think its a combination of not being the main striker at the club when he came in, a loss of form having not scored for so long, the press/fans on his back and also Chelsea not playing the right system for Torres to prosper!

Now Drogba will more than likely be gone by the end of the season and I think the press have gotten off his back a bit, purely out of flogging a dead horse for too long!

Have a look at the goals above and try help me figure out, what are we as a club doing wrong in trying to get the best out of the guy!

i dont buy that the system is wrong or that the club is doing something wrong, he's not doing it for spain either and they have the best midfield in the world putting chances on a plate every game, his touch has deteriorated, makes wrong decisions & turns & dribbles into trouble, hardly getting any shots on goal anymore, his confidence must be rock bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

amiable wrote: »

Whatever about his pace, the injuries over the years could well take a hit to that, but, honestly, I had actually forgotten just how good he used to be on the ball - his close control was stunning and he took players on so well. These days he often doesn't really look like he knows how to do that any more. I hope that 2011 was just a horrible horrible year for him (though I do realise his form wasn't great in the second half of 2010 either) and he can start to head back in the right direction this year.

abelard wrote: »
    Whatever about his pace, the injuries over the years could well take a hit to that, but, honestly, I had actually forgotten just how good he used to be on the ball - his close control was stunning and he took players on so well. These days he often doesn't really look like he knows how to do that any more. I hope that 2011 was just a horrible horrible year for him (though I do realise his form wasn't great in the second half of 2010 either) and he can start to head back in the right direction this year.

Personally I dont think he will ever be the player he was
    But he has shown character in the face of constant media abuse - I mean the bloke is a laughing stock, but he hasnt shrunk away - fair play to him

Once Drogba leaves he might relax a little, as the Drog must cast a long shadow over that dressing room

He does need an arm around him and played for 10 games in a row, not 2 or 3.
    He also needs service, we need wingers and Mata through the middle, even Messi would struggle in our team

fair play to the bloke, a mate of mine says he often walks to work on match days!

I think he's too one dimensional and very much a mood player but we can get more out of him playing to his strengths, compare him to danny whos like an eager puppy whilst torres is more cultured

Personally I dont think he will ever be the player he was
    But he has shown character in the face of constant media abuse - I mean the bloke is a laughing stock, but he hasnt shrunk away - fair play to him

Once Drogba leaves he might relax a little, as the Drog must cast a long shadow over that dressing room

He does need an arm around him and played for 10 games in a row, not 2 or 3.
    He also needs service, we need wingers and Mata through the middle, even Messi would struggle in our team

fair play to the bloke, a mate of mine says he often walks to work on match days!

I think he's too one dimensional and very much a mood player but we can get more out of him playing to his strengths, compare him to danny whos like an eager puppy whilst torres is more cultured
    have you heard anything about Drogba having a falling out with AVB over his new contract?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

i dont buy that the system is wrong or that the club is doing something wrong, he's not doing it for spain either and they have the best midfield in the world putting chances on a plate every game, his touch has deteriorated, makes wrong decisions & turns & dribbles into trouble, hardly getting any shots on goal anymore, his confidence must be rock bottom

I'd be amazed if we ever see him hit that kind of form again. His pace and acceleration have deteriorated so much, which were vital to his game.

He seemed to enjoy playing so much at the time, he generally doesn't seem to look happy these days.

His career seems to be following a similar path to players like Fowler and Owen, who lost there spark once they hit their late twenties.

Unreal in his prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm glad Match of the Day were highlighting how crap Botswinga was tonite - he has to be Chelsea worst player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Barr wrote: »
    I'm glad Match of the Day were highlighting how crap Botswinga was tonite - he has to be Chelsea worst player.

shockingly bad, at fault for goals like that every week, never marks his man properly on corners!

what I HATE about him tho is people saying he's great going forward but cant defend, eh no, he's crap going forward and crap at defending, Ivan every day of the week for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Bosingwa is woeful. I would like to see AVB experiment with Luiz at RB. He would get more freedom to attack and he would also offer more defensively than Bosingwa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The thing about Bosingwa is he gets forward and back with ease, great engine and very quick. But he offers no realdefensive talent and his delivery can be poor at best, he has a cannon of a right boot but w have better options at RB if we need them.

This January is going to be intersting for us, I just hope we buy sensible.

Having watched Torres against Wolves, he done everything but score, I know, as a striker thats his main job but his overall play was very good, he shows signs of what hes capable of and then goes off the boil.

Best thing that can happen is this January and Kalou and Drogba going to the ACN to give him a real chance and probably his last too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Bosingwa is woeful. I would like to see AVB experiment with Luiz at RB. He would get more freedom to attack and he would also offer more defensively than Bosingwa.

I watched the match on the phone as the pub I was in was not showing the game ,

Shamefully it looked like he had a good game to me as I said in my earlier post , but looking at MOTD last night he was fecking brutal beyond imagination .

At least the next league game is not until the 14th , Hopefully Invanovic will be back by then , If all else fails it might be time to push Chaballoah into first team action , sure he cant be much worse.

Bose was pretty good in his first season, got a few assists\goals, but then he got injured and hasnt been the same player since.
    Right back has been a problem for us for some time.
    We need to find the Ashley Cole equiv.
    I'm surprised AVB hasnt mentioned it as urgent, like he has a CB.
    maybe he thinks he has enough players who can cover that position (Ivan\ferr) but without doing a great job and that other positions are more pressing?
    I know we were linked with Alves for ages before he went to Barca

Bose started off ok, apart from giving away one goal

I hope we get someone else soon, as the defence needs sorting first IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It's hoping against hope to expect Torres to come good at this stage. His form is nothing to do with Chelsea. He was a disaster with Spain, who carried him through the whole WC tournament.

No, I think it's a permanent post-injury deterioration. He's basically physically crocked *at the highest level*. And that is eating away at his confidence. I think at best, given the outings Torres will have runs of OK form where he'll score once every three matches against lesser teams, and make some form of contribution to general play. But this is not what is needed from a €55 million player who was bought to take us to the next level in the CL.

McDave wrote: »
    It's hoping against hope to expect Torres to come good at this stage. His form is nothing to do with Chelsea. He was a disaster with Spain, who carried him through the whole WC tournament.

No, I think it's a permanent post-injury deterioration. He's basically physically crocked *at the highest level*. And that is eating away at his confidence. I think at best, given the outings Torres will have runs of OK form where he'll score once every three matches against lesser teams, and make some form of contribution to general play. But this is not what is needed from a €55 player who was bought to take us to the next level in the CL.

I think I'll offer Roman €100 to take him off Chelsea's hands and play him Left Back for our local team, bargain. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Apparently AVB didn't say a word to Lampard after the match or on the team bus. I thought there was something up after his strange interview, where he was asked about Lampard's contribution, but went deliberately off on a tangent and talked about the team. I know his performances haven't been the best this season, but it seems a bit silly for AVB to burn bridges with Lampard given that Chelsea don't exactly have a ream of talent in central midfield.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4034318/Wolves-1-Chelsea-2-Andre-Villas-Boas-blanks-Frank-Lampard.html

Apparently AVB didn't say a word to Lampard after the match or on the team bus. I thought there was something up after his strange interview, where he was asked about Lampard's contribution, but went deliberately off on a tangent and talked about the team. I know his performances haven't been the best this season, but it seems a bit silly for AVB to burn bridges with Lampard given that Chelsea don't exactly have a ream of talent in central midfield.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4034318/Wolves-1-Chelsea-2-Andre-Villas-Boas-blanks-Frank-Lampard.html

Its an area we have to improve on, I know we wanted Modric last summer and Spurs stood strong and refused to sell, they're now reaping the rewards with their position in the league and Modric has been part of that.

Axing Lamps could be a disaster for AVB as it could very easily turn a large majority of the fans against him.

Personally, I'd like Lamps to be in the squad for another year and accept he cant play every game and if AVB has told him hes going to be rotated he has to deal with it or leave. Wether its right or wrong only time will tell but Lamps still has goals and performances to offer us I think but just not as reguarly.

gavredking wrote: »
    I think I'll offer Roman €100 to take him off Chelsea's hands and play him Left Back for our local team, bargain. :pac:
    :confused:

Are there *still* people on this thread who reckon Torres is worth the €55 Chelsea shelled out? With RA's hard-earned cash?

Are there *still* people on this thread who reckon Torres is worth the €55 Chelsea shelled out? With RA's hard-earned cash?

I think people are still trying to work if he was worth the £50 mill paid

I think people are still trying to work if he was worth the £50 mill paid

I was just joking coz in Mcdave's post he has €55 down instead if €55 Million, I knew what he meant I was just pointing out his typo in a round about way.

In my opinion theres only 2 players worth that money, C.Ronaldo and Messi, just my 2 cents though.

Its an area we have to improve on, I know we wanted Modric last summer and Spurs stood strong and refused to sell, they're now reaping the rewards with their position in the league and Modric has been part of that.

Axing Lamps could be a disaster for AVB as it could very easily turn a large majority of the fans against him.

Personally, I'd like Lamps to be in the squad for another year and accept he cant play every game and if AVB has told him hes going to be rotated he has to deal with it or leave. Wether its right or wrong only time will tell but Lamps still has goals and performances to offer us I think but just not as reguarly.

Players with this sort of attitude are the ones we should be signing

"I get the hump looking at the table and not seeing the club within a point or two of the lead, let alone being in the present situation."

Super Frank Lampard 02/01/2012

The trouble with Lamps is that he really really wants to start EVERY game and refuses to acknowledge ANY reason why he shouldnt.

The reality is that he should just accept it and carry on making an impact even if its in the last 5 mins off the bench

• Advertisement

Players with this sort of attitude are the ones we should be signing

"I get the hump looking at the table and not seeing the club within a point or two of the lead, let alone being in the present situation."

Super Frank Lampard 02/01/2012

The trouble with Lamps is that he really really wants to start EVERY game and refuses to acknowledge ANY reason why he shouldnt.

The reality is that he should just accept it and carry on making an impact even if its in the last 5 mins off the bench

Every player has to fight for the club and improve the club and fully support AVB and his vision for the future, a good percentage of the current squad wont fit in with his vision and what he wants to do but for the time being every player has to rally around and give anything.

We cant question Franks desire and wanting to play every game but nearly every player in the squad is used in rotation.

After the Wolves victory and showing by the players i think we'll finish top 4 but theres still plenty of work to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I've been holding off of casting the same judgement that has been mentioned here & there in the past two weeks, but even after last night's win I'd have to say goodbye to the premier league this year.

Based on the reports, of which I'm trying to decipher bullshit from truth, there has to be some sort of rift going on in the camp.

AVB's substitutions have shocked me lately. What is he playing at?

Midfield is the biggest problem. I see the current best midfield as Romeu, Meireles, Ramires and Mata. This leaves the Chelsea legend Lampard, who has given his all to the club, on the bench. He's obviously not happy. But the truth is, he's not linking up as well with the new guys as he did with Malouda (playing shite) and Essien (injury).

Mata turns to dust when Lampard is on. It was the same deal when Ballack & Lampard played together, both wanted to be in the centre and going forward.

Defence needs some work. I have only liked Ivanovich playing right back. He's a solid defender and has a great cross. But as Luiz is not up to scratch he's put in the centre. Bosingwa also not up to scratch. No complaints for Terry and Cole.

Up front. More issues. If Torres was playing like in the video above, we'd be 10+ points more than we are now. Drogba has had a nice run lately but ACN calls. Sturridge doing well, but can he play as a central striker? Lukaku has not been given a chance yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just comparing that video with his Chelsea performances and its interesting to notice how he rarely takes up the same positions for Chelsea. He normally hangs back around the edge of the box or out wide. Taking up those positions should be instinctive and not something dulled by injuries.

Jagera wrote: »
    I've been holding off of casting the same judgement that has been mentioned here & there in the past two weeks, but even after last night's win I'd have to say goodbye to the premier league this year.

Based on the reports, of which I'm trying to decipher bullshit from truth, there has to be some sort of rift going on in the camp.

AVB's substitutions have shocked me lately. What is he playing at?

Midfield is the biggest problem. I see the current best midfield as Romeu, Meireles, Ramires and Mata. This leaves the Chelsea legend Lampard, who has given his all to the club, on the bench. He's obviously not happy. But the truth is, he's not linking up as well with the new guys as he did with Malouda (playing shite) and Essien (injury).

Mata turns to dust when Lampard is on. It was the same deal when Ballack & Lampard played together, both wanted to be in the centre and going forward.

Defence needs some work. I have only liked Ivanovich playing right back. He's a solid defender and has a great cross. But as Luiz is not up to scratch he's put in the centre. Bosingwa also not up to scratch. No complaints for Terry and Cole.

Up front. More issues. If Torres was playing like in the video above, we'd be 10+ points more than we are now. Drogba has had a nice run lately but ACN calls. Sturridge doing well, but can he play as a central striker? Lukaku has not been given a chance yet.

Thats the thing, pretty much the entire first team squad needs a overhaul, not just the first 11. We need strength in depth on the bench as well, players who can make a difference.

If you think as many as 7 players could not be here next season

Malouda
    Kalou
    Bose
    Drogba
    Mikel
    Ferreira
    Alex
    Anelka (Gone)

with question marks over the long term future of

Essien (Can he come back ok? If not then maybe a sub at best?)
    Cole (getting long in the tooth now)
    Lamps (wants first team football)
    Terry (Back problems)
    Hilario (Good enough?)
    Turnbull (good enough?)
    Cech (Good enough still?)

Which kids are going to make it?

Betrand (Should be breaking though soon?)
    Lukaku
    Hutch
    Piazon
    Josh - too soon??

That leaves pretty much only these as nailed on first teamers?

Romeu - Will he stick around?
    Mata
    Torres - Wanted?
    Danny
    Luiz - rumours of interest from italy\spain
    Ramires
    Meireles - is he the future?
    Terry - injury dependant
    Cech
    Cole
    Ivan

Thats quite some overhaul to do!

probably a few loaners I have forgotten but thats the guts of our squad and when you see it in black and white, its quite scary and very expensive to overhaul!

Thats the thing, pretty much the entire first team squad needs a overhaul, not just the first 11. We need strength in depth on the bench as well, players who can make a difference.

If you think as many as 7 players could not be here next season

Malouda
    Kalou
    Bose
    Drogba
    Mikel
    Ferreira
    Alex
    Anelka (Gone)

with question marks over the long term future of

Essien (Can he come back ok? If not then maybe a sub at best?)
    Cole (getting long in the tooth now)
    Lamps (wants first team football)
    Terry (Back problems)
    Hilario (Good enough?)
    Turnbull (good enough?)
    Cech (Good enough still?)

Which kids are going to make it?

Betrand (Should be breaking though soon?)
    Lukaku
    Hutch
    Piazon
    Josh - too soon??

That leaves pretty much only these as nailed on first teamers?

Romeu - Will he stick around?
    Mata
    Torres - Wanted?
    Danny
    Luiz - rumours of interest from italy\spain
    Ramires
    Meireles - is he the future?
    Terry - injury dependant
    Cech
    Cole
    Ivan

Thats quite some overhaul to do!

probably a few loaners I have forgotten but thats the guts of our squad and when you see it in black and white, its quite scary and very expensive to overhaul!

Good post,

What we will have next year I'm going to take a stab at is :

GK : Cech, Courtious, Delac.
    / Out : Turnbull, Taylor

DF : Cole, JT, Luiz, Ivanovic, Bruma, Hutchinson, Bertrand, Chabloah, Van Aanholt, Cahill ( if deal goes through )
    / Out : Ferriera, Bosingwa, Alex

MF : Essien, Romeu, Meireles, Ramires, Paizon, Lamps, Josh Mc, Kakuta.
    / Out : Malouda, Mikel

FW : Mata, Strurridge, Torres, Lukaku, Mitrovic
    / Out : Anelka, Kalou, Drogba

I think we have massive room for improvement, but the guts of the squad we could keep would be good for the future. We have a glaring ommission at RB if my predicition is correct, we're light upfront but Mitrovic from the Reserves or maybe Lalkovic could make a step up.

To be fair its a very testing time for the club as a whole and we need a steady ship run tightly to succed in the future.

• Advertisement

Chelsea should focus on this season. Next season is next season, but within this list potential leavers/aging players/non performers we have a team in there who could have given us every chance of winning the league.

We have the quality there. Yes Drogba is questionable but there he goes and starts banging in goals. Terry has had major issues off field, he's aging but he's our rock at the back. Alex should be playing in stead of AVB's freeze-out.

Terry, Lampard and Cole are nearing the exit but they are not gone yet.

As far as I can see, it's about getting the team to gel. Like I said earlier Romeu/Meireles/Ramires/Mata are great together, but then AVB will make a sub which upsets that formula (e.g. Mata off last night was just wrong)

Why is Torres not scoring? For some reason he's sitting back. He's feeding the ball to Mata or Lampard, whereas he should be in there causing havoc with that skill he has.

I firmly believe player performance is hightened based on who is around them. It's about getting the team right, with what we have. It's there somewhere. AVB is not finding it. Mourihno would. Hiddink would.

Chelsea should focus on this season. Next season is next season, but within this list potential leavers/aging players/non performers we have a team in there who could have given us every chance of winning the league.

We have the quality there. Yes Drogba is questionable but there he goes and starts banging in goals. Terry has had major issues off field, he's aging but he's our rock at the back. Alex should be playing in stead of AVB's freeze-out.

As far as I can see, it's about getting the team to gel. Like I said earlier Romeu/Meireles/Ramires/Mata are great together, but then AVB will make a sub which upsets that formula (e.g. Mata off last night was just wrong)

Why is Torres not scoring? For some reason he's sitting back. He's feeding the ball to Mata or Lampard, whereas he should be in there causing havoc with that skill he has.

I firmly believe player performance is hightened based on who is around them. It's about getting the team right, with what we have. It's there somewhere. AVB is not finding it. Mourihno would. Hiddink would.

Well if we have a good run in the UCL, push Spurs for 3rd and get to at least the Semi's of the FA cup I dont think it wll be too bad of a season, now at the start of the season this wouldnt have been acceptable but circumstances chagne and as long as we finish in the top 4 then everything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

We can still have a say as to where the title goes and who finishes where but for now the title is gone.

Knee jerk reactions have cost this club both Mouirhno and Ancelotti and I sure as hell hope it doesnt see us lose AVB, he'll do it lads. He will just need something that Chelsea managers dont get, time. Hes doing his job and has identified where we need players dropped and where we need to bring in and I've full confidence he'll get it right.

We're currently missing a few pieces for the puzzle but AVB can get it right.

Just for fun, I dug out the winning first 11 based on starts for 2005/2006

Cech (Still here)
    Gallas
    Carvalho
    Terry (Still here)
    Del Horno
    Claude
    Essien (Still here)
    Lamps (Still here)
    Joe Cole
    Robben
    Drogba (Still here)

Just for fun, I dug out the winning first 11 based on starts for 2005/2006

Cech (Still here)
    Gallas
    Carvalho
    Terry (Still here)
    Del Horno
    Claude
    Essien (Still here)
    Lamps (Still here)
    Joe Cole
    Robben
    Drogba (Still here)

Robben :(

Never wanted him to leave, fine player, built from glass at times but was a real game winner for us. Loved watching him play at the Bridge, so exciting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Gav you forgot Kalas. Jamal Blackman is highly rated as well.

Piazon plays as a striker for Brazil and he's played on either wing for the reserves. I though Kakuta was a forward well, either way I think it's optimistic to see him play a role in the first team.

Todd Kane can play anywhere on the right side, including RB I think, he'll probably end up going on loan though.

We're pretty stacked when it comes to youth and one thing I'm going to hate about buying players this year is that it's going to kinda ruin that.

We probably need another CB this season as well as Cahill. This isn't going to help Bruma, Kalas and Chalobah and we have other good CBs as well. If we buy a striker or midfielder they're more than likely going to be around the same age as Mata. This ****s guys like Kaby and Feruz.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Gav you forgot Kalas. Jamal Blackman is highly rated as well.

Piazon plays as a striker for Brazil and he's played on either wing for the reserves. I though Kakuta was a forward well, either way I think it's optimistic to see him play a role in the first team.

Todd Kane can play anywhere on the right side, including RB I think, he'll probably end up going on loan though.

We're pretty stacked when it comes to youth and one thing I'm going to hate about buying players this year is that it's going to kinda ruin that.

We probably need another CB this season as well as Cahill. This isn't going to help Bruma, Kalas and Chalobah and we have other good CBs as well. If we buy a striker or midfielder they're more than likely going to be around the same age as Mata. This ****s guys like Kaby and Feruz.

Kalas was one I knew I had forgot. :eek: He should be pushing for 1st team football next year, I know Blackman is doing very well by all accounts, but Courtois will more then likely come in and replace Turnbull, Hilario is a decent 3rd choice so its between Hilario, Blackman, Delac to push Cech and Courtios.

If Piazon and Kakauta make it to the first team it will be either out wide as ya suggested or in the David Silva role, behind a striker but I wouldnt hold my breath for either in the near future, although Piazon is doing well for the reserves and Kakuta was reportedly doing well on loan but couldnt break into the first team.

Agreed on the buying policy, any youth guy coming through has a lot of competition to even get a sniff at the 1st team. Hopefully a good load of youth get a chance against Portsmouth in the cup mixed with some experience.

I was just joking coz in Mcdave's post he has €55 down instead if €55 Million, I knew what he meant I was just pointing out his typo in a round about way.

In my opinion theres only 2 players worth that money, C.Ronaldo and Messi, just my 2 cents though.
    At any rate, when you rack up the squad changes this superthread is demanding, Chelsea's problems are nothing €55 billion won't solve! :pac:

Robben :(

Never wanted him to leave, fine player, built from glass at times but was a real game winner for us. Loved watching him play at the Bridge, so exciting. :(

I was watching a bit of the Bundesliga while living abroad recently. He is still a top drawer player. Can't believe he is only 27 now.

Surprised Damien Duff wasn't in the list above.

At any rate, when you rack up the squad changes this superthread is demanding, Chelsea's problems are nothing €55 billion won't solve! :pac:

Well Messi's buy out clause is like €180 million, that leaves a lot of money to give him about €500K a week. So ya, 55 Billion seems about right to turn around our fortunes. :pac:

I disagree there about Mourinho and Hiddink.

Mourinho never really solved the Joe Cole puzzle or the Sheva puzzle.
    He also probably moved on Veron and Crespo (Still think Crespo was class and could have been a key player for many years for us)

How is Sheva any different from Torres?

Mourinho also got to spend 70 million in his first season bring a few favourites from Porto with him, that AVB hasnt been able to do

Hiddink just put his arm around the senior players who were crying out for someone to love them after Scholari tried to impose himself as the manager and break up the dressing room mafia.
    he basically just played the Mourinho way with the Mourinho players and restored the players Scholari dropped

AVb has a huge task on his hands and I think some fans under estimate just how hard he has it compared to Mourinho.
    AVb was hired too late to get a good look at the squad, was encouraged to stick with mainly the same players and players that are very head strong.
    He now has to refresh pretty much the entire squad, on a much smaller budget, whilst bringing in existing youth against other teams better prepared and some with even more money than Chelsea, like City.
    he also has to find some way of using a 50 million pound striker that he probably wouldnt go near with a barge pole normally.
    Oh and deal with the expectation and compete.

yes he is being well paid for that, but its a very different scenario to the one Mourinho found himself at

History is history and we have no other option than to give the lad a chance or return to the media bashing hype of old - Roman merry go rounds etc!

• Advertisement

I was actually going to liken Torres to Sheva to highlight my point about who is around them. I really don't know why Sheva didn't perform, other than he just didn't fit into the team.

Joe Cole I can't say I ever thought was that good. I was not sad to see him to for Yossi who I've always been a big fan of.

AVB's task at Chelsea is hugely different to what he did at Porto. I grant that what is presented to him is harder than Mourinho, a lot harder. I am just annoyed that after the Man City game Chelsea were within reach of the league, and now.. a few weeks later, we're not.

I was actually going to liken Torres to Sheva to highlight my point about who is around them. I really don't know why Sheva didn't perform, other than he just didn't fit into the team.

Joe Cole I can't say I ever thought was that good. I was not sad to see him to for Yossi who I've always been a big fan of.

AVB's task at Chelsea is hugely different to what he did at Porto. I grant that what is presented to him is harder than Mourinho, a lot harder. I am just annoyed that after the Man City game Chelsea were within reach of the league, and now.. a few weeks later, we're not.

Torres looks alot more likely to fit into the team then sheva though and Sheva was a good few years older then Torres when he was signed, good business on paper but didnt work.

J. Cole was a good player, injuries didnt help him but he did the business for us when he was on form.

Agreed on the City game, we should have kicked on since then but we've struggled, no point patting ourselves on the back when we beat City if we cant beat Wigan or Fulham and lose to Villa at home.

Disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

What do ye make of this rumor...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081636/Hulk-refuses-rule-Chelsea-switch.html

It wont ever happen with that buy out clause, you would be insane to pay that.

Well its a funny old season, and your find Arsenal, City, Utd and Pool as well as ourselves saying the same

"If only we hadnt dropped points at....!"

and

"We need a new midfielder, defender, striker etc etc ...!"

Only Spurs seem to have settled properly and they must be cursing the first 2 games

Still a long way to go yet, lots of things could change, the good thing is that on the day we CAN perform. Just need to do it consistantly

Torres looks alot more likely to fit into the team then sheva though and Sheva was a good few years older then Torres when he was signed, good business on paper but didnt work.

J. Cole was a good player, injuries didnt help him but he did the business for us when he was on form.

Agreed on the City game, we should have kicked on since then but we've struggled, no point patting ourselves on the back when we beat City if we cant beat Wigan or Fulham and lose to Villa at home.

Disaster.

For what it's worth I believe in Torres. If we can unleash his fury then Chelsea gain immensely. His performance last night was great, albeit still sitting back a little. I hope time will change him.

I even recall Drogba being somewhat questionable in his early stages. I sent a question to Johnny Giles in off-the-ball asking if Drogba should be starting so many games, and he said that he has the potential to come good. Not long after he started banging in goals from all over the place.

For what it's worth I believe in Torres. If we can unleash his fury then Chelsea gain immensely. His performance last night was great, albeit still sitting back a little. I hope time will change him.

I even recall Drogba being somewhat questionable in his early stages. I sent a question to Johnny Giles in off-the-ball asking if Drogba should be starting so many games, and he said that he has the potential to come good. Not long after he started banging in goals from all over the place.

He got an injury in his first season and was out for 2 months.
    Still scored 16 in 40 games, 10 in the league

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

It seems Chelsea are squarely in crosshairs of the Suns sports department ,

Maybe Mr Irwin took offense to AVB giving the press some stick,

The First comment on the Article from someone at the game was :

"AVB aint blanking Lampard!!! after the match on the way to the coach they were having a laugh together and signing autographs!!!! wat a load of rubbish!!!!"

It seems that since the mutiny story was rubbished they will move onto something else.

Id put the house on it the next target will be Torres and his lack of goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Seen a few reports online that Cahill is looking for £120K a week. :eek: Apparently thats the reason the deal isnt moving as quickly as it should be.

If its true thats a joke, he must be on about £40-50K a week and wants to increase his wages nearly 150%. :eek:

I'm sorry, hes not worth that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Seen a few reports online that Cahill is looking for £120K a week. :eek: Apparently thats the reason the deal isnt moving as quickly as it should be.

If its true thats a joke, he must be on about £40-50K a week and wants to increase his wages nearly 150%. :eek:

I'm sorry, hes not worth that at all.

I don't believe that for a second. Think about it, chelsea are not going to give him that, he won't be getting that at bolton and I don't see any other club going anywhere near that amount. So why ask for it, just bullsh!t rumours I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement