Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It seems Chelsea are squarely in crosshairs of the Suns sports department ,

Maybe Mr Irwin took offense to AVB giving the press some stick,

The First comment on the Article from someone at the game was :

"AVB aint blanking Lampard!!! after the match on the way to the coach they were having a laugh together and signing autographs!!!! wat a load of rubbish!!!!"

It seems that since the mutiny story was rubbished they will move onto something else.

Id put the house on it the next target will be Torres and his lack of goals

The thing is, what sells newspapers? " Lamps left in the cold and blanked by AVB " or " Lamps and AVB best buddies "

I love when ya see an article and it says the source is either close to the player or an insider.

LOLZ! :pac:

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I don't believe that for a second. Think about it, chelsea are not going to give him that, he won't be getting that at bolton and I don't see any other club going anywhere near that amount. So why ask for it, just bullsh!t rumours I think.

Agreed, the figure is probably over estimated by a couple of K's. Any contract negotaions though you want to enter, your going start at the highest figure and see what the club are prepared to give ya, so even if he wants £120K he'll probably get about 70-80K which is probably double what hes getting at Bolton.

Also, the fact its Chelsea, players know the financial capability of the club but it woudl be a shame if he tried to price himself out of a move.

I still think ots only a matter of time before its completed and hes getting 70-80K a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Only fly in the ointment is the fact that he can walk in the summer , and may fancy holding out until then.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Agreed, the figure is probably over estimated by a couple of K's. Any contract negotaions though you want to enter, your going start at the highest figure and see what the club are prepared to give ya, so even if he wants £120K he'll probably get about 70-80K which is probably double what hes getting at Bolton.

Also, the fact its Chelsea, players know the financial capability of the club but it woudl be a shame if he tried to price himself out of a move.

I still think ots only a matter of time before its completed and hes getting 70-80K a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Just seen on the Chelsea twitter that Ross Turnbull is 27 today:eek: I thought he was a lot younger, he's kind of wasted his career so far, most players want to actually play, he seems pretty content on just sitting back & collecting a wage

bullpost wrote: »
    Only fly in the ointment is the fact that he can walk in the summer , and may fancy holding out until then.

Thats why he can hold us to ransom for big wages, Chelsea would rather get the deal one now and avoid much interest and ofers from other clubs in the summer, it would be best for Bolton to sell him now too and get money in.
    Caveman1 wrote: »
    Just seen on the Chelsea twitter that Ross Turnbull is 27 today:eek: I thought he was a lot younger, he's kind of wasted his career so far, most players want to actually play, he seems pretty content on just sitting back & collecting a wage

It must be the easiest yet toughest job in football, back up goal keeper. While you want to play you know that you might get 5 games a season if the regular guy doesnt get injured, easy money but so frustrating. Turnbull was never going to push Cech for a starting place but hes a decent 2nd choice. Hopefully Courtois will replace him and really push Cech, but the fact Courtios is only 19 he will want to play every game and wont be happy on the bench.

• Advertisement

Thats why he can hold us to ransom for big wages, Chelsea would rather get the deal one now and avoid much interest and ofers from other clubs in the summer, it would be best for Bolton to sell him now too and get money in.

It must be the easiest yet toughest job in football, back up goal keeper. While you want to play you know that you might get 5 games a season if the regular guy doesnt get injured, easy money but so frustrating. Turnbull was never going to push Cech for a starting place but hes a decent 2nd choice. Hopefully Courtois will replace him and really push Cech, but the fact Courtios is only 19 he will want to play every game and wont be happy on the bench.

How is Courtios doing anyway? I watched him a good bit at the start of the season and he looks a real prospect, I think he was sent off a while back for Athletico I havnt seen him play since then.

I reckon Cech would of been dropped for a game or 2 of we had someone reliable to come in, Cech probably knows this too, every player needs competition to keep them on their toes otherwise they get too comfortable

How is Courtios doing anyway? I watched him a good bit at the start of the season and he looks a real prospect, I think he was sent off a while back for Athletico I havnt seen him play since then.

I reckon Cech would of been dropped for a game or 2 of we had someone reliable to come in, Cech probably knows this too, every player needs competition to keep them on their toes otherwise they get too comfortable

According to reoprts on Twitter Chelsea have allowed Courtois to stay on loan for the whole of NEXT season too. Would be goo dexperience for the young guy if true.

The red card was against Real Madrid I think but yes I agree, hes been impressive anytime I've seen him, apart from that game of course. Just looking at his stats, hes played 21 games for A.Madrid and kept 9 clean sheets, 5 in La Liga from 15 games and 4 in the Europa League from 6 games. Thats over 1 in every 3 games so far, thats a good record.

According to reoprts on Twitter Chelsea have allowed Courtois to stay on loan for the whole of NEXT season too. Would be goo dexperience for the young guy if true.

The red card was against Real Madrid I think but yes I agree, hes been impressive anytime I've seen him, apart from that game of course. Just looking at his stats, hes played 21 games for A.Madrid and kept 9 clean sheets, 5 in La Liga from 15 games and 4 in the Europa League from 6 games. Thats over 1 in every 3 games so far, thats a good record.

That's a pretty decent record alright, he's very good on corners too (well why wouldnt he be with the size of him):D .

Can ya see many players leaving in this window? I would love for 5 or 6 to be sold but that's not gonna happen, I'd say Alex and kalou will go then a big clear out in the summer.

Also am I the only one who thinks we made a mistake letting Yossi go out on loan, we keep saying we lack creativity and we have a very capable player playing for one of our biggest rivals :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I would have kept him around as well. Has linked well with Torres in the past.
    Also am I the only one who thinks we made a mistake letting Yossi go out on loan, we keep saying we lack creativity and we have a very capable player playing for one of our biggest rivals :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Was one of our best players in pre -season.
    I think we were hoping to get a few more players in, like Portos left back and de bruyne, but the deals fell through.
    Plus he was hoping Malouda wouldnt be as useless as he has been

• Advertisement

That's a pretty decent record alright, he's very good on corners too (well why wouldnt he be with the size of him):D

Can ya see many players leaving in this window? I would love for 5 or 6 to be sold but that's not gonna happen, I'd say Alex and kalou will go then a big clear out in the summer.

Ya hes a big presence and commands his area fairly well, his handling of the defence is good too, maybe a year under Cech would do him well and eventually replace him.

Ditto on the Yossi deal, with him, Mata and Sturridge pulling the strings we might have seen a different outcome but we'll never know.

He has, they we're fairly devasting when they worked well together.
    Was one of our best players in pre -season.
    I think we were hoping to get a few more players in, like Portos left back and de bruyne, but the deals fell through.
    Plus he was hoping Malouda wouldnt be as useless as he has been

Agreed, Yossi in pre-season looked like the player we always needed and then hes out on his ear.

Malouda's decline is crazy, he still has something offer but it would be better for both parties if he was gone.

Ya hes a big presence and commands his area fairly well, his handling of the defence is good too, maybe a year under Cech would do him well and eventually replace him.

Ditto on the Yossi deal, with him, Mata and Sturridge pulling the strings we might have seen a different outcome but we'll never know.

He has, they we're fairly devasting when they worked well together.

Agreed, Yossi in pre-season looked like the player we always needed and then hes out on his ear.

Malouda's decline is crazy, he still has something offer but it would be better for both parties if he was gone.

There's a lot of deadwood we need to sell, Mikel, Kalou Malouda Anelka, Alex, Bosingwa & Ferreira, but we also need to get Josh and Lukaku out on loan but that would leave us without a squad so I can't see that happening until the summer.

My problem with Chelsea is that this is meant to be a transitional year yet none of the fringe players are getting a look in, even the carling cup we should of been playing all the kids, now the pressure is on AVB there's no way any of the players in the reserves will get a look in, it seems we have so much talent being wasted, hopefully Piazon gets a look in when he's eligible.

Kakuta seems to lost his spark for someone with so much promise he's been a let down so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Alex is only on 40k a week and he is better than Cahill, those wages Cahill wants are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Johner wrote: »
    Alex is only on 40k a week and he is better than Cahill, those wages Cahill wants are ridiculous.

How do you know what alex is on, I would have though he was on more than that?

I would rate alex and cahill as about the same tbh which is why I'm confused as to why we are letting alex go and replacing him with a player that is no better, it seems AVB just does not rate him

I would rate alex and cahill as about the same tbh which is why I'm confused as to why we are letting alex go and replacing him with a player that is no better, it seems AVB just does not rate him

I remember hearing a while ago that he was one of our lowest payed first team players and just saw a tweet there from McGarry saying he is on 41k a week.

He also says Cahill is on 30k a week at Bolton and wants 120k with us. That is ridiculous wages for him.

I remember hearing a while ago that he was one of our lowest payed first team players and just saw a tweet there from McGarry saying he is on 41k a week.

He also says Cahill is on 30k a week at Bolton and wants 120k with us. That is ridiculous wages for him.

Apprently Cahill is none to chuffed about having his wages brought up in public by AVB. Must admit , not a smart move at all by AVB

If the wage figure Cahill ants are true, are even close too it, then it is a joke.

AVB see's Alex everyday in training so he sees the good and bad and to be fair, he didnt have a good start of the season and let Long in very easily for a goal at home to West Brom.

I'd reckon Alex would be on something like that, Luiz is on £45K as far as I'm aware. The current squad's wages is mainly made up of Torres, Lamps, Drogba, JT all on huge wages of £120K + a week.

I knew I seen the figure of £120K somewhere, think a few places have mentioned it, McGarry can be incosistent with his info but I've seen other sources.
    Apprently Cahill is none to chuffed about having his wages brought up in public by AVB. Must admit , not a smart move at all by AVB

Well its upto Cahill, if he wants to leave and we're the only club at the moment willing to pay him then he has to drop his wage demands.

AVB has just basically drew a line in the sand and said that Chelsea wont be held to ransom. Thats my take on it.

On the other hand if Cahill says no to a deal then we've no CB brought in and ALex is still out in the cold.

Fine balancing act is needed by AVB on this one.

And Turnbull 27 today :eek: Thought he was about 5 years younger. Anyway he is still not good enough back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I've made my statements before, even on this previous page, about Yossi. He is an excellent player to have on board. The vision and passing skill he has can create opportunities.

• Advertisement

And Turnbull 27 today :eek: Thought he was about 5 years younger. Anyway he is still not good enough back up.

When ya look around the league theres a host of clubs with better cover then us. Sunderland, Villa, Spurs.

Interestingly the top clubs, Us, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Utd all have one good kepper and dodgy or unproven back up.

Lads I think your forgetting that Alex put in a transfer request AVB didn't necessarily want to sell him, I think what he done with Alex & Anelka was spot on, they don't want to be there so why have them around, as for McGarry I find he tends to make up a lot of what he says, I followed everything he said during the summer transfer window and he was always wrong except when he tweeted transfer news after sky sports broke it

Lads I think your forgetting that Alex put in a transfer request AVB didn't necessarily want to sell him, I think what he done with Alex & Anelka was spot on, they don't want to be there so why have them around, as for McGarry I find he tends to make up a lot of what he says, I followed everything he said during the summer transfer window and he was always wrong except when he tweeted transfer news after sky sports broke it

I thought Alex was told he had no future at the club? Which gave him 2 options.

A) Sit there and see out his contract and rot in the reserves and limit his chances of been signed by any half decent team

or

B) Hand in a transfer request and be gone ASAP.

Now, if its true that AVB told him he wasnt needed thats as good as focring the guys hand. AVB said in know uncertain terms that he wouldnt be looking to Alex and ALex had to hand in a transfer request.

Him and Anelka have been good servants but good riddance.

Yeah I thought it was AVB telling Alex and Anelka they had no future at the club.

I thought Alex was told he had no future at the club? Which gave him 2 options.

A) Sit there and see out his contract and rot in the reserves and limit his chances of been signed by any half decent team

or

B) Hand in a transfer request and be gone ASAP.

Now, if its true that AVB told him he wasnt needed thats as good as focring the guys hand. AVB said in know uncertain terms that he wouldnt be looking to Alex and ALex had to hand in a transfer request.

Him and Anelka have been good servants but good riddance.

I thought I read that AVB froze both of them out as they handed in transfer requests while we we going through a rough patch and he wanted togetherness etc. I could be wrong on that though

Random Transfer rumours

35 million bid for Lucas Moura??

(yes please, but way to much!)

Jorge Fucile - Porto 27 yr old full back, can play left or right back and in midfield

16 million release clause, Liverpool also linked

De Bruyne hasnt given up hope either although he's likely to be loaned straight out.

Random Transfer rumours

35 million bid for Lucas Moura??

(yes please, but way to much!)

Jorge Fucile - Porto 27 yr old full back, can play left or right back and in midfield

16 million release clause, Liverpool also linked

De Bruyne hasnt given up hope either although he's likely to be loaned straight out.

Lucas Moura would be like Neymar, bags and bags of potential but ya never know what your going to get until he shows up and plays in a different league. Just checked his wikipedia page there and this pops up :
    The 19-year-old Brazilian midfielder is widely regarded as one of the hottest prospects in South America, and has been attracting attention from clubs such as Swansea and Inter Milan. Other clubs, such as Manchester United, AC Milan and Real Madrid have also been reported to have an interest in the young Brazilian.

Got to love Wikipedia. :pac:

De Bruyne would be good alright, he looks capable at this level anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Contenders for goal of the month for December

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2566235,00.html

Pizion can dance as good as he can score :D

From Vital Chelsea's crystal ball

Jan Transfer Windows, 2 possible scenarios!
    1 Chelsea's season is revitalized. Chelsea switch to 4-2-3-1 Ron Gourlay and Roman splash the cash on Gary Cahill and Milos Krasic. A deadline day deal is completed for Eden Hazard worth around £30 million and Chelsea's creativity woes are answered. Also, departing are Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou, and Alex. Josh is sent on loan to Bolton and Lukaku to Stoke. Fernando Torres has racked up 4 goals in the month of January and has begun to look like his former self. With an unbeaten month Chelsea now sit in third and 3 points adrift from the Manchester clubs. AVB is thriving.

2 Chelsea are showing signs of improvement. They switch to a 4-4-2. AVB sticks to his word and makes transfers quick and small. Gary Cahill signs for Spurs but Sam Hutchinson is nothing short of phenomenal and solves our defensive worries. The pensioner's only signing is Joa Moutinho for a whopping £40 million and has proven a fantastic signing. His intelligence on the ball has lead to more scoring for the blues. The month saw Chelsea lose in the FA Cup 2-1 to Pompey from yet another last minute goal. Chelsea then draw 2-2 with Sunderland. The last few games were breezed through. Torres managed to score 2 while Sturridge and Mata again proved to be the savior. Back to Back 3-0 wins saw Chelsea maintain their 4th place spot and are only 8 points behind the Manchester clubs and 2 points behind Spurs. AVB is still rebuilding and is looking safe.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Now this is very exciting news and actually sounds like a reasonable truthful target.

Really rate this bloke

Roman Abramovich is ready to show his support for Andre Villas-Boas by sanctioning a Chelsea refit during the winter transfer window.
    Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta, who is likely to cost around £12million, is being lined up to fill a gaping weakness in the Blues' defence.
    The £7m signing of Bolton and England centre-back Gary Cahill, meanwhile, is expected to be completed in the next 48 hours at the start of a busy month that will see a revolving door policy at the club.
    Initial talks with Marseille have been held over 22-year-old Azpilicueta, who is only third-choice at his position for star-studded world champions Spain but has impressed in his second season in French football after a £8m move from his homeland's Osasuna in 2010

Also, Cavani's apparently being touted around England for summer transfer??!! He's very Torres like so I dont know if he would fit in as we need to give that sort of striker decent service

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082327/Edinson-Cavani-Chelsea-run-rule-Napoli-striker.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I rate that RB a lot, he'd be a great buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Also, Cavani's apparently being touted around England for summer transfer??!! He's very Torres like so I dont know if he would fit in as we need to give that sort of striker decent service

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082327/Edinson-Cavani-Chelsea-run-rule-Napoli-striker.html

Normally id be interested in this but with us playing them in the champions league I think its the only reason we're bring linked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I said last year when we were in for torres at 50m that we could've got a good striker for half that, specifically Cavani who wouldnt have had the rep he has now. Maybe this season or summer ill get my wish. He is a quality player and would boss a defence quite well.

If we signed him or Hazard (pipe dream I know). I reckon that would be some savage business done. Mata, hazard, Studge and torres up on his own. Oh yes. Get in there.

Drogba to Villa anyone??

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/01/04/2830844/aston-villa-make-sensational-move-for-chelsea-star-didier-drogba-

Load of BS I reckon. If hes got offers from Italy, Russia, China then I'm sure they'ed be better then Villa's offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

On the Edison Cavani rumours here's a quote from his agent
    As for reports of Chelsea’s interest in Hamsik and Edinson Cavani, those came out of The Sun, a paper that frankly isn’t even good for cleaning car windows

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    On the Edison Cavani rumours here's a quote from his agent

Well at least he got he it right, not a fan of the Sun at all. More rumours and hear say printed in that then most tabloids.

New contracts for Chalobah, Saville and Phillip.

New contracts for Chalobah, Saville and Phillip.

Chalobah, is a future potential captain of the club IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Chalobah, is a future potential captain of the club IMO.

i'll be waiting to see what the club does with McEachran before I get my hopes up, I thought he would have played loads this year so far, dont know when Chalobah will get to play if Cahill/Luiz are our future two CBs, both reasonably young!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i'll be waiting to see what the club does with McEachran before I get my hopes up, I thought he would have played loads this year so far, dont know when Chalobah will get to play if Cahill/Luiz are our future two CBs, both reasonably young!

Hes also played at DM for club and country but I get what your saying. Chalobah is still very young and hell even Josh Mc is very young. They'l be playing in the first team in no time. We know that Josh Mc has the ability, Carlo gave him a few outtings and he impressed.

Both have tough tasks ttrying to break into the squad and get game time though, Josh is best off on loan and impress and come back next year, like Danny and push for a start.

• Advertisement

Hes also played at DM for club and country but I get what your saying. Chalobah is still very young and hell even Josh Mc is very young. They'l be playing in the first team in no time. We know that Josh Mc has the ability, Carlo gave him a few outtings and he impressed.

Both have tough tasks ttrying to break into the squad and get game time though, Josh is best off on loan and impress and come back next year, like Danny and push for a start.

The interesting one for me is Philip. Lad has bags of talent, but been very injury prone, in fact I think he still is, but at least this will let him remain at Chelsea and get good medical attention instead of just giving up on him.
    Thats the thing with bringing kids though, it really can be very hit and miss and Utd and Barca got quite lucky when they were able to bring through so many at the same time and of such a high quality. Utd havent been really able to do it again since the days of Beckham and co

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Exclusive: Fergie wants Frank! And Chelsea legend Lampard is ready to talk to United

Sir Alex Ferguson is considering a sensational move for unsettled Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard.
    Sportsmail understands Lampard would not be averse to a switch to Old Trafford.
    With United struggling for numbers in midfield and desperate to make sure Sunday's FA Cup opponents Manchester City do not leave them behind at the top of the Barclays Premier League, manager Ferguson is weighing up an offer for a player he has always admired.

True blue: But will Frank Lampard soon be wearing the red of Manchester United?
    With Lampard now 33, the United board would have to be persuaded to sanction a deal for a player who earns in excess of £140,000 a week and would have no sell-on value for a club still struggling under the weight of the Glazer debt.

United would also face a battle to persuade Chelsea to sell to a major rival.
    However, Ferguson believes that Lampard represents a unique opportunity to add something significant to his squad and was delighted to this week hear of suggestions that the former West Ham midfielder would consider a move north to Manchester.

Dejected: United look to need reinforcements after defeat at Newcastle
    Lampard has only 18 months left on his current deal and does not enjoy a particularly healthy relationship with Stamford Bridge boss Andre Villas-Boas.

It is understood that Lampard is looking to move away from Chelsea this summer and would ideally like to stay in the Premier League.
    The transfer fee would be minimal, given his contractual situation and that he has given Chelsea 10 years of service.
    Ferguson considered joining the bidding for Lampard when he joined Chelsea from West Ham for £11million in 2001.

Still got it: Lampard has been in and out of the Chelsea team this season under Andre Villas-Boas but grabbed a crucial winner at Wolves on Monday
    Subsequently he has made no secret of his admiration for him, saying in one interview in 2005: 'Lampard is quite an interesting case. He is an exceptional individual.'
    While Lampard could not be relied upon to play every game, he would bring something different to the dressing room.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082879/Manchester-United-want-Frank-Lampard.html

Surely not? :eek:

He's obviously past it, but it'd hurt to see him in a United shirt.

The interesting one for me is Philip. Lad has bags of talent, but been very injury prone, in fact I think he still is, but at least this will let him remain at Chelsea and get good medical attention instead of just giving up on him.
    Thats the thing with bringing kids though, it really can be very hit and miss and Utd and Barca got quite lucky when they were able to bring through so many at the same time and of such a high quality. Utd havent been really able to do it again since the days of Beckham and co

To be fair to Utd they still have had more success then most with bringing youth through. Cleverley, both Da Silva twins, Macheda, Evans.

Not a bad return but not as good as the like of Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc.
    blue-army wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082879/Manchester-United-want-Frank-Lampard.html

I'd highly doubt that, even if Lamps want out, I'd seriously doubt he'd go to Utd, hell I dont even see Utd stumping up the cash for him.

To be fair to Utd they still have had more success then most with bringing youth through. Cleverley, both Da Silva twins, Macheda, Evans.

Not a bad return but not as good as the like of Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc.

I'd highly doubt that, even if Lamps want out, I'd seriously doubt he'd go to Utd, hell I dont even see Utd stumping up the cash for him.
    He might not cost too much at his age though

Don't think there's even the slightest hope of this happening, there's no way fergie would pay what would be a hefty enough transfer fee and his wages for a player that he might get 2 years out of, it sounds like lamps agent is looking to get him a contract extension by using scare tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

€12m for a 33 year old past his best midfielder.

Chelsea = take the hand off them.

United = debt ridden club paying that much for a 2 season player with no sell on price? Not going to happen.

iregk wrote: »

United = debt ridden club paying that much for a 2 season player with no sell on price? Not going to happen.

I doubt the fee would be anywhere near that.

He's almost 34 as far as I know.

Fergie seems to have a way of extending some careers lately( Giggs and Scholes) so that may attract Lampard.

It's all speculation at the moment so there may be absolutely nothing to it bit I wouldn't be naive enough to rule it out completely too soon.

Looks to be gathering pace, see below.

EDIT : Nothing really new in that article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083063/Frank-Lampard-wont-sold-Manchester-United-says-Alex-Ferguson.html
    Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United will be unable to wrestle Frank Lampard away from Chelsea.

Sportsmail has revealed that Ferguson is considering a sensational move for the unsettled Blues midfielder.

And it is understood that Lampard would not be averse to a switch to Old Trafford.

Speaking on Friday morning, Ferguson said: 'You are not going to tell me Chelsea would sell Frank Lampard to Manchester United in January. Do you really believe that?
    'Chelsea are like us. They want to do something.

'The second half of the season is going to be important to them. If they want to try and win the league they will need to have all their best players.
    'The thing is, what can you get in January? I have said this all the time. The players who are available that we would like, we won't get.
    'What do you do? Do you take a second-rate player? No, of course you don't. The injury situation has accelerated a lot of our fans into saying we will have to get someone.
    'I would rather stick with the ones I have got than bring someone in who ends up not having a game anyway because they are not good enough.'

With United struggling for numbers in midfield and desperate to make sure Sunday's FA Cup opponents Manchester City do not leave them behind at the top of the Barclays Premier League, manager Ferguson is weighing up an offer for a player he has always admired.

With Lampard now 33, the United board would have to be persuaded to sanction a deal for a player who earns in excess of £140,000 a week and would have no sell-on value for a club still struggling under the weight of the Glazer debt.

However, Ferguson believes that Lampard represents a unique opportunity to add something significant to his squad and was delighted to this week hear of suggestions that the former West Ham midfielder would consider a move north to Manchester.
    Lampard has only 18 months left on his current deal and does not enjoy a particularly healthy relationship with Stamford Bridge boss Andre Villas-Boas.

It is understood that Lampard is looking to move away from Chelsea this summer and would ideally like to stay in the Premier League.

iregk wrote: »

I wouldnt sell to Utd, even at that price, now if Lamps came out and demanded and move then I'd drive him to Manchester myself. If he leaves the club I reckon it will be to a club abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lads 12 million for a 33 year old that is no longer in our first 11 is a crazy offer, if they really offered that I would take it personally. Can't see what lampard would offer utd tbh.

Anyway why would lampard leave a champions league club for a europa league club, step down methinks.:pac: I jest

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement