Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

If anyone offered 12m for Lampard I'd rip the bloody arm off them regardless of who it is. He pretty much has no sell on value so an offer of that level is crazy and a one off.

Now the price quoted on the radio this morning didn't specify € or £, it may also be no where near 12 million. But even if it was € that's £10m for a player Chelsea payed £11m for 11 years ago who has given 11 years of immense service and returns. He owes Chelsea nothing and Chelsea owe him nothing. That's almost money back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

its complete bullocks by some bored rag "journo".
    Just like nzorgi joining us!
    Silly season is well and truly here

Cahill to be completed by Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Or an agent being naughty.

I'd doubt it will happen but I don't think there's zero chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

iregk wrote: »
    ....... But even if it was € that's £10m for a player Chelsea payed £11m for 11 years ago who has given 11 years of immense service and returns. He owes Chelsea nothing and Chelsea owe him nothing. That's almost money back!

Hes more then paid back what we paid for him. His most memorable moment :

Could be, theres very little substance to the stroy other then Lamps been dropped recently and AVB not praising him recently.

Soone Cahill's deal is done the better IMO, hate waitying until 11:57 on the 31st to get things done.
    amiable wrote: »
    Or an agent being naughty.

Never say never in football, I've learned that over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Agree with that. Can't really see it happen, but stranger things have come to pass.

I don't think I could begrudge him even if it did happen. Years of service, almost always a model professional, and even seemed like a decent guy on top. Were he to go score aginst us in a cup final I still could have nothing but admiration and respect for Frank.

Roberto says we will be fielding our strongest fittest team for Portsmouth.
    Luka sounds like he expects to start, JT is a doubt.
    He also doesnt expect much Jan transfer movement ;)

STRONG ON SUNDAY

Posted on: Fri 06 Jan 2012
    Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed the team selection against Portsmouth will reflect a serious approach to the FA Cup this season.
    As we prepare for a third round tie against a side from a division below, the assistant first team coach does not anticipate wide spread changes to the side that returned to winning ways against Wolves at the beginning of the week, although fitness will play a part in the choice.
    Squad news
    The availability of John Terry for Sunday's match will be assessed during Saturday's training.
    The captain has been playing and training with a small injury following a knock to one of his knees and played the match at Wolves having had a painkilling injection.
    Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou will not be available. They join up with Ivory Coast tomorrow for training ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations. Chelsea asked for a delay so that the strikers could face Portsmouth but all players selected by Ivory Coast will report for international duty on Saturday.
    Michael Essien continues to make progress towards fitness and could return to first team training at the end of the month.
    On the start of the FA Cup campaign
    'We will play what will be our strongest team, looking at the fitness level of the players,' Di Matteo reports.
    'This club has been very successful in the last decade in this competition and we would like to continue this.
    'We are still in three competitions and we aim to go as far as possible and to win these competitions. People maybe think the FA Cup is the best chance but we are still in the Champions League, unlike some English teams, and in the Premier League we have a couple more points than at this stage last season, so we look at it from a positive side and we still have everything to play for.
    'When you have a cup run it gives everybody confidence and it can lift the supporters, and the FA Cup is a big trophy.'
    In other news
    included in morning newspaper stories were suggestions that Manchester United are interested in signing Frank Lampard this month. Alex Ferguson has already dismissed them and Di Matteo doesn't take them seriously either.
    'We are very happy that Frank is in our team because he a fantastic player and he has been a fantastic player season after season for many years for this club, and for his country,' says the Italian, 'so I am not surprised that other managers like him.
    'It is not unsettling for us. He is old enough to be able to deal with these sort of stories and so are we. I don't know what the future will hold but I can't see him going anywhere. Frank is part of our plans and he will be very important for us.'
    Bolton manager Owen Coyle has announced that Chelsea target Gary Cahill will be rested from the Trotters' game this weekend, although it has nothing to do with the transfer negotiations.
    'We are looking to sign Cahill so if he is not cup tied it will be better for us,' says Di Matteo.
    'He has developed into a top central defender in the Premier League and made the selection for the England team and he is a very good age. He would add very good qualities to our squad.
    'The fee has been agreed and there are on-going negotiations for the personal terms. There is no big news.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Old but only seen it myself today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Roberto says we will be fielding our strongest fittest team for Portsmouth.
    Luka sounds like he expects to start, JT is a doubt.

did he say Lukaku was going to start? Hope so, the lad must be getting sick of not even getting sub appearences at this stage! need to keep him happy!

Well this one has come out of the blue! Dont know much about him

Chelsea are reportedly set to sign Kenneth Omeruo from Standard Liege this month before loaning him out to ADO Den Haag with immediate effect.
    Earlier this week Den Haag stated that they would sign a player on loan from a Premier League side for the remainder of the 2011-12 season but refused to divulge any name.
    And now reports in the Dutch media claim that the player in question is Omeruo, who is expected to play for the Eredivisie side until the end of the 2012-13 campaign.
    Den Haag coach Maurice Steijn told Omroep West: "I hope he can join our squad quickly if all the paperwork is completed."
    Omeruo, an 18-year-old centre-back, joined Liege last summer and played for the Nigeria Under-20 national team at the U20 World Cup in Colombia.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7416126/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

LanceStorm wrote: »
    did he say Lukaku was going to start? Hope so, the lad must be getting sick of not even getting sub appearences at this stage! need to keep him happy!

I think he needs to go on loan. It did Danny the world of good, i think it would be good for Lukaku aswell, he is going to struggle to get games at Chelsea.

I think he needs to go on loan. It did Danny the world of good, i think it would be good for Lukaku aswell, he is going to struggle to get games at Chelsea.

I think he can only go on loan abroad but it would do him good IMO to go on loan to an English club for the experience.

I'm open to correction on that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

no, he just couldn't to to an Englidh club in the same window he was signed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I think he can only go on loan abroad but it would do him good IMO to go on loan to an English club for the experience.

I'm open to correction on that:)

At this stage it wouldn't bother me. I would rather have him go to an English club, it would get him used to the pace and physical aspect of the PL on a regular basis, but he needs the game time so id let him go on loan anywhere once i knew he would get to play regularly.

G.K. wrote: »
    no, he just couldn't to to an Englidh club in the same window he was signed in.
    I didn't know that:)

Disappointed we havent given the kids any chance in the fa cup tie.
    Why risk Terry and Mata, etc?

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:
    1 Petr Cech
    17 Jose Bosingwa
    4 David Luiz
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    7 Ramires
    16 Raul Meireles
    8 Frank Lampard
    10 Juan Mata
    9 Fernando Torres
    15 Florent Malouda
    Subs: 23 Ross Turnbull, 20 Paulo Ferreira, 27 Sam Hutchinson, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 20 Josh McEachran, 18 Romelu Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Disappointed we havent given the kids any chance in the fa cup tie.
    Why risk Terry and Mata, etc?

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:
    1 Petr Cech
    17 Jose Bosingwa
    4 David Luiz
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    7 Ramires
    16 Raul Meireles
    8 Frank Lampard
    10 Juan Mata
    9 Fernando Torres
    15 Florent Malouda
    Subs: 23 Ross Turnbull, 20 Paulo Ferreira, 27 Sam Hutchinson, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 20 Josh McEachran, 18 Romelu Lukaku.

Would be idiotic to risk the kids, this is our only chance for a trophy this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

20 Paulo Ferreira, 27 Sam Hutchinson, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 20 Josh McEachran, 18 Romelu Lukaku.

Expected all of these to play today with only Hutch starting on the bench.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Would be idiotic to risk the kids, this is our only chance for a trophy this season.

Disagree, top 4 is the only aim and if we cant field a team with a few kids capable of beating Portsmouth, then we may as well give up now.

Surely Kalou is fit?

Disagree, top 4 is the only aim and if we cant field a team with a few kids capable of beating Portsmouth, then we may as well give up now.

Surely Kalou is fit?

Thats a crazy attitude, the fa cup is our only hope of a trophy so we have to at least try to win it. Playing the youth team and losing would be of no use to anyone.

Anyway, I am going for a nervy 2-0 win for us today

Surely Kalou is fit?

kalou and drogs are at ACON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

any decent streams?

Thats a crazy attitude, the fa cup is our only hope of a trophy so we have to at least try to win it. Playing the youth team and losing would be of no use to anyone.

I didnt mean the whole team, Terry is carrying an injury surely we someone else?

Josh with Mata on the bench
    Turnbull for Cech
    Bertrand for Cole

Surely we could beat portsmouth with that team???

Just shows how the bad the squad has been allowed to get, in olden times our bench was almost our first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Can't understand this FA cup nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

so the match isnt televised???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

surely playing the first team and suffering an injury to any of our key players would be even more crazy? I love the cup and the days out at wembley but given our start to this season would rather play the kids than potentially jeodardise a top 4 finish and CL football next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Any radio commentary????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can't understand this FA cup nonsense

It used to be almost on a par with the league but it has dropped a lot in importance since then,

• Advertisement

growler wrote: »
    surely playing the first team and suffering an injury to any of our key players would be even more crazy? I love the cup and the days out at wembley but given our start to this season would rather play the kids than potentially jeodardise a top 4 finish and CL football next year.

From what I have been listening to, they couldnt play any worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very strong words from Burley

Radio 5 live pundit Craig Burley at Stamford Bridge: "People talk about Andre Villas-Boas being a tactical genius but he needs to find a way to get Mata in behind the striker and let him go into those pockets behind people and play balls alongside centre-halves. At the moment he's playing wide and if you're up against him you'd be happy. I've got a huge reservation about the manager and there are a lot of people within this club who aren't sure about this fellow."

horrible stuff, **** all chances.:(

I miss the days under mourinho when we had 2 top classs players for every single position. Nowadays we have a total of 3 or 4 good players in the entire squad and a few retireing players who don't have anything to offer (i.e. drogba, malouda, lampard) and no sign of the new faces we all know the club needs :(

Edit, mata is one of the few quality players we have. Get in

Thank ****.

Get in Mata.:)

If Terry is injured I'm going to cry.

Luiz tries to be too clever on the ball, Cech saves and then Jt off the line, he's down injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

David Luiz, defending to make your eyes water.

• Advertisement

Is ok lads he's up trying to run if off

smuckers wrote: »
    Is ok lads he's up trying to run if off

Sigh- 150 million? Try double that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Any streams showing the game or is it all just commentary?

I shouldn't be this relieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Ramires is so class.

• Advertisement

Masked Man wrote: »
    Ramires is so class.

Sometimes! At least he knows where the net is this time (2nd of the game)

2 assists for Torres well done Rammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Portsmouth being made look worse they have been really.

4-0 Frank:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MK Dons or QPR.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement