Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Lukker- wrote: »
    MK Dons or QPR.

Who is at home ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Barr wrote: »
    Who is at home ?

Chelsea are the away team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

If its QPR I hope its not a repeat of the last performance at Loftus Rd. Could be a tough match given QPR will have a new manager by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I hope it is a repeat performance, was very impressed after that match. Can't remember a match where I was as proud of the players as I was then.

I doubt we'll go down to 9 men and give away a penalty again.

Apparently Essien is going to start a reserve game on Monday against West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Masked Man wrote: »
    Apparently Essien is going to start a reserve game on Monday against West Brom.

Its going to be interesting to see how he comes back from his injury, hopefully back to his best, the thoughts of him and Ramires driving through the midfield is exciting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Goals from today

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2012/01/chelsea-4-0-portsmouth-goals-video.html

Ramires run and finish is the pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Jaysus, we are taking our time with the cahill deal. Why are we always so slow with transfers, it seems to take us weeks to do these things.

I do hope we look to bring in a winger to replace anelka, I know january is not ideal but we should at least try to get our targets in now and give them time to settle for next season.

Also I saw on sky that arsenal are interested in kalou. I really hope thats true but its unlikley that we will sell in january because we will need yet another replacement and I'm not sure if the right players will be avaliable in january.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Jaysus, we are taking our time with the cahill deal. Why are we always so slow with transfers, it seems to take us weeks to do these things.

I do hope we look to bring in a winger to replace anelka, I know january is not ideal but we should at least try to get our targets in now and give them time to settle for next season.

Also I saw on sky that arsenal are interested in kalou. I really hope thats true but its unlikley that we will sell in january because we will need yet another replacement and I'm not sure if the right players will be avaliable in january.

rumours of a medical tomorrow.
    Krasic possibly next, but he's a right winger

Its not us thats slow, we tied up Mata pretty quick, its just we wont be ripped off anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If it takes until the end of the window and we still don't agree terms with Cahill I'll be fine with that. We can't be held to ransom by players. Really the ball is in Cahill's court, does he want to play at the highest level or not well that is up to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Please tell me you guys have some other Kalou on your books and that's who we're reportedly interested in. Please?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Please tell me you guys have some other Kalou on your books and that's who we're reportedly interested in. Please?

Obviously Wenger has a dream of Gervinho and Kalou on the wings. Arsenal fans clearly don't suffer enough frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Obviously Wenger has a dream of Gervinho and Kalou on the wings. Arsenal fans clearly don't suffer enough frustration.

Not a major regular on the forum, so just asking - who's "we" in this case?

Kalou is handy enough though, to be honest. He's still got plenty to give to any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Jagera wrote: »

It's a poser alright.

Might be one for the Unsolved Mysteries thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Frisbee wrote: »

Well if ye wanna give us about £5 Million for him all of us here would be happy to take it. :pac:

Gervinho has been decent enough since his move, I'd have higher hopes for him then Kalou, I'd be more frustrated with Walcott, he looks like he can be a world beater in one game and a Wayne Routledge in the next.
    Jagera wrote: »

Kalou is handy enough though, to be honest. He's still got plenty to give to any team.

True, Kalou has been a good squad player but has never really threatened to break fully into the first team. Hes has his ups and downs but his time with us has been largely disappointing, he has the ability to be a good player but never shows it enough. The arguement can be made he doesnt get enough starts but hes 2nd choice winger and about 4th choice striker.

If we get decent money now it would be better then losing him for free.

I can see from the Mail online , http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

That Ledley King has done his hamstring, could force Spurs in on the Cahill deal.

Also been reported the Kalou deal could be for £3 Million. Not great money but still, I'd take anything for him at this stage.

Josh Mc to Swansea hopefully done ASAP so he can get games under his belt and hopefully improve his chances to play next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

gavredking wrote: »
    I can see from the Mail online , http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

That Ledley King has done his hamstring, could force Spurs in on the Cahill deal.

Also been reported the Kalou deal could be for £3 Million. Not great money but still, I'd take anything for him at this stage.

Josh Mc to Swansea hopefully done ASAP so he can get games under his belt and hopefully improve his chances to play next year.

If we have to give a team 3 million, thats I price worth paying to get rid of him!!!!

dooferoaks wrote: »
    If we have to give a team 3 million, thats I price worth paying to get rid of him!!!!

£3 Million or lose him for free in the summer. £3 Million please, we'll pay for his one way tube ticket to the Emirates. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

RichT wrote: »
    It's a poser alright.

Might be one for the Unsolved Mysteries thread. :rolleyes:

True - I skimmed past that. :cool:
    EDIT: and I meant to quote the post above that one.. poor effort Jagera.. poor!

• Advertisement

Anyone have any rumours or figures about the potential Krasic deal?

Didnt he go to Juventus for like €15 Million only 2,3 years ago?

Anyone have any rumours or figures about the potential Krasic deal?

Didnt he go to Juventus for like €15 Million only 2,3 years ago?

Apprently we are trying to get him on loan but Juve want to sell him. Figure quoted is around the 7-10 million mark.

he joined Juve in 2010 after being linked with Man U and a few other Premiership teams, and was pretty good for them in the first season, scoring match winners and setting up others, he's a genuine right winger.
    This season, they have changed formation and he's suffered or just not being started for some reason.
    Could be a bargain or another Torres, but cheap or better still a loan, would be worth a gamble as he was very hot property only last season!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/886608-spurs-join-milos-krasic-transfer-chase-as-chelsea-dither-over-juventus-talks

Apprently we are trying to get him on loan but Juve want to sell him. Figure quoted is around the 7-10 million mark.

he joined Juve in 2010 after being linked with Man U and a few other Premiership teams, and was pretty good for them in the first season, scoring match winners and setting up others, he's a genuine right winger.
    This season, they have changed formation and he's suffered or just not being started for some reason.
    Could be a bargain or another Torres, but cheap or better still a loan, would be worth a gamble as he was very hot property only last season!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/886608-spurs-join-milos-krasic-transfer-chase-as-chelsea-dither-over-juventus-talks

2 good reads, the article about AVB and the senior players sounds like it has more then a bit of truth given whats going on recently.

On Krasic, if we paid £7-10 million we'd be getting a good deal. There really is much better value in Europe if ya can find it. I think he'd be a fine addition to the squad for anywhere near that valuation.

I would welcome krasic at 7-10 million tbh, we need natural wingers and he would be a quality replacement for kalou/anelka. He would only be a squad player IMO. Not sure whats going on with him at juve because he was class when he first joined them but has fallen out of favour.

I would welcome krasic at 7-10 million tbh, we need natural wingers and he would be a quality replacement for kalou/anelka. He would only be a squad player IMO. Not sure whats going on with him at juve because he was class when he first joined them but has fallen out of favour.

Krasic could walk into the first team though, AVB likes his wide men to come inside and allow the FB to overlap so Krasic could go wide left and Mata behind Torres with Danny wide right.

Or AVB could just throw Krasic on the right and allow Danny to go through the middle and drop Torres.

Either way it would be good business if it happens.

• Advertisement

also why is cahill 7mill and kalou 3mill with both having 6 months left on their contracts???:confused:

also why is cahill 7mill and kalou 3mill with both having 6 months left on their contracts???:confused:

Supply and demand I'm afraid.

Cahill is wanted and demand, so commands higher price, Bolton know this and price is highly as they can get for him.

Kalou isnt really wanted so is priced more realistically on what valuation he would have given his level and performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Supply and demand I'm afraid.

Cahill is wanted and demand, so commands higher price, Bolton know this and price is highly as they can get for him.

Kalou isnt really wanted so is priced more realistically on what valuation he would have given his level and performances.

And the fact he's English, that add's about £5 million to the tag

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    And the fact he's English, that add's about £5 million to the tag

^

And this point. Its widely known that been born English adds £££ to your value when an English club wnats you.

As I said a few posts ago, theres better value around Europe if ya can find it, but European clubs dont want to lose young talent to English clubs either.

When taking value into account I always look at the Ozil / Kheidra deal that Real Madrid managed to secure, both players for a combined € 24Million iirc.

Great value for money for two good, young players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Just caught the end of the draw for the scottish cup on sky sports, why was AVB there ?

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Just caught the end of the draw for the scottish cup on sky sports, why was AVB there ?

He's scouting Ally McCoist - him and Torres up front would be the new Dixon\Speedie :D

Heres the real answer!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084137/Andre-Villas-Boas-draw-fifth-round-Scottish-Cup.html

Villas-Boas studied for his UEFA Pro Licenses in Scotland, so perhaps it is not surprising that he has been asked to speak to students on the course.

AVb on Sky - Transfers - Cahill and maybe one other - its hard to find quality in January, etc etc (Insert Fergies speech here)

News: Sky sports!
    Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas wants to sign one more player, in addition to bringing in a centre-half, with Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill currently his top target. We'll bring you what Villas-Boas has to say shortly.

SSN On Krasic

News: Juventus claim to have received no offers from the Premier League for Milos Krasic, while his agent says the winger will not join another Italian team. The Serbian winger has been strongly linked with Chelsea.

AVb on Sky - Transfers - Cahill and maybe one other - its hard to find quality in January, etc etc (Insert Fergies speech here)

News: Sky sports!
    Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas wants to sign one more player, in addition to bringing in a centre-half, with Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill currently his top target. We'll bring you what Villas-Boas has to say shortly.

SSN On Krasic

News: Juventus claim to have received no offers from the Premier League for Milos Krasic, while his agent says the winger will not join another Italian team. The Serbian winger has been strongly linked with Chelsea.

If we do get Krasic I hope its very cloak and dagger and he just ends up with us like Mata did. I dont think too many people would have seen that coming.

I do really hate the dragged out will he/wont he transfers, like the Modric one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haven't seen much of Krasic with Juventus, has he been very poor?

Johner wrote: »

Looking at his stats from last year he finished with ok figures, 9 goals in 41 games and a handful of assists.

One of my buddies, Juventus fan, has said hes just fell out of favour really. He likened it to Berbatov, he can be brillant on his day but can go missing in games and not carry much consistency in performances when hes played.

I rememebr him from his CSKA days and he was electric, only seen him play maybe 5 games for Juventus and hes been ok, nothing special.

Depending on the figure it could be good or terrible business but the lad has the ability.

Johner wrote: »

This article makes me think "NOOOOOOOoooooooo"

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/juventus-corner-what-is-wrong-with-milos-krasic/

Diver?!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I heard Essien played 75 mins of a reserve match today, anyone see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Don't know why Chelsea seem to take their time so much with transfers.
    The Cahill deal should surely be tied up by now? A fee was agreed before January!

It's crazy how it's taking so long considering we made two huge signings on deadline day alone last year. Why leave things so late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Rumours flying around the internet that Lampard will be allowed to leave the club... but not to a Premier League club. Don't know what to make of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah I read that too.
    The man's been an absolute servant to the club, I think it would be a real shame to let such a player leave just like that.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    I heard Essien played 75 mins of a reserve match today, anyone see it?

Didnt see it but the report seems to suggest it was just a comeback game, nothing to spectular.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2571470,00.html

A disappointing day for the Blues, both in terms of result and performance. An 88th minute winner by West Bromwich Albion substitute Adil Nabi sealed a 3-2 win for the visitors when a draw had looked the most likely result.
    We took the lead in the first half thanks to an impressive strike by Jacob Mellis, but some sloppy defending allowed Lateef Elford-Alliyu to equalise before half time.

Chris Wood gave West Brom the lead with just under 15 minutes remaining, but the Blues responded well and were level soon after when Patrick van Aanholt crossed for Milan Lalkovic (pictured above) to fire home from inside the penalty area.

Chelsea pushed on in search of a winner but always looked vulnerable at the back when West Brom broke, and after Mellis conceded a free kick deep inside our half, Nabi scored the decisive goal.

On the positive side, Michael Essien made his first appearance of the season and managed to come through 75 minutes unscathed as he continues on the road to full fitness.

Van Aanholt and Gael Kakuta both started the match following their return from loan spells at Wigan and Bolton respectively, while Essien started deep in midfield. Sam Hutchinson captained the side at right-back having been an unused substitute for the first team at the weekend, while Romelu Lukaku, who did come on in that game, was chosen to lead the line.

Lukaku earned a free kick on the edge of the box inside two minutes when he raced on to a long pass and was bundled down, but the Belgian youngster, who has five goals in the last five reserve games, fired the resulting kick straight at the wall.
    It was a lively opening, with the Blues looking to seize the initiative early on, but Hutchinson conceded a free kick out on the right, inviting the pressure on.
    The visitors' first attempt on goal came from the resulting free kick but Sam Mantom curled his effort high over the bar.
    Lukaku went close shortly after when he headed Lalkovic's corner straight at Shane Lewis in the West Brom goal, but a lack of power on the delivery meant it was never going to really test the keeper.
    Lalkovic's pace down the right-hand side was proving a constant threat, and as one burst broke down the ball fell to Kaby who struck a fantastic effort with his left foot that flew just past the post.
    Hutchinson then released Lalkovic once again down the right but as the winger attempted to pick out Lukaku with his cross, the danger was comfortably cleared.
    Some neat footwork from Kakuta saw us awarded a free kick on the edge of the penalty area. Van Aanholt rolled the kick to Lukaku but his effort cannoned against the wall and went behind.
    We were gradually beginning to impose ourselves and could have had a penalty when Kakuta was clearly fouled when racing on to Hutchinson's cross; the referee waved the appeals away though to the obvious frustration of Blues reserve manager Dermot Drummy.

For all our possession however, clear cut chances were proving hard to come by. A great run from Van Aanholt almost paid off but as Kakuta helped it on, West Brom were able to clear.

Mellis was then penalised for a push, and from the ensuing free kick Sam Walker had to be alert to save low down to his left from Kemar Roofe.
    Walker was called into action again minutes later when some careless play allowed Wood to burst through on goal, but as the striker pulled the trigger, the keeper narrowed the angle and pulled off a great save to keep the scores level.

The returning Essien had been a peripheral figure for much of the first half, but his influence began to grow as he cleverly used his experience to retain possession and break up play.

We took the lead in the 36th minute after a low Van Aanholt cross fell into the path of the oncoming Mellis (pictured below), who took one touch to bring it under control before curling a right-footed effort beyond the despairing dive of Lewis into the top corner.

A great burst out from the back by Rohan Ince almost teed up a second, but Kakuta's cross was too deep for Lukaku.

Kaby then fired at the keeper from the edge of the box as the Blues looked to put the game out of reach before the break.

Against the run of play however, the visitors were level in the 40th minute, when Elford-Alliyu made a run from just inside the Blues half. George Saville was unable to match him for pace and as Walker came off his line, Elford-Alliyu finished well.

West Brom were then awarded a free kick in a dangerous position when both Hutchinson and Ince combined to take the ball away from Romaine Sawyers.

From the resulting kick however, Mantom shot straight at the wall before the referee blew for half time.

Mellis and Ince combined well down the right early in the second half but the former's cross was high and wasteful when he should have really done better.

Essien found Lalkovic with an intelligent pass shortly afterwards, but his cross to the near post was too close to the keeper who held on to it well under pressure from the oncoming Lukaku.

Wood should have put West Brom in front when he raced on to a long clearance, but Walker was equal to his effort, palming over the bar for a corner. The striker rose highest to meet the resulting corner but could only direct his effort straight at Walker in the Chelsea goal.

Lalkovic then crossed from the right and Lewis had to be alert to tip over as the ball appeared to be dropping in. Essien went close with a header from the corner.

In an attempt to freshen things up a bit, Drummy opted to swap Lalkovic and Kakuta around, and clever play from the captain Hutchinson afforded the Frenchman time and space out wide on the right, but as he cut inside he could only fire his effort high over the bar.

There were appeals for a penalty in the 64th minute when Lalkovic went down inside the box under a clumsy challenge, but once again the appeals were waved away.

Lalkovic almost gave us the lead a minute later when he arrived at the far post, only to see a powerful effort parried away by Lewis almost from point-blank range.

Kakuta then slipped past his man easily, but with time on his side could only fire his cross straight at Wesley Atkinson who cleared easily.
    Lukaku fired wide from the edge of the box as the Blues began to press in search of that elusive second goal.

It required a crucial defensive header from Hutchinson to avert the danger as West Brom broke quickly, the skipper intercepting as Wood was ready to pounce.

Wood went close again a minute later when he came inside Ince on the edge of the box, but again he fired wide.

Essien was withdrawn in the 75th minute, making way for Conor Clifford. It was a comfortable outing for Essien and was another step in his rehabilitation. He is not yet working with the first team and is expected to be back training with the squad towards the end of the month.

The warnings had been there, and Wood finally put West Brom in front in the 76th minute, latching on to a flighted pass, and as Walker advanced off his line Wood calmly slotted home.

As we went in search of an equaliser, Mellis did well to control Conor Clifford's pass, but having turned well he could only fire over the bar.
    The Blues were level with eight minutes remaining; a lovely slide-rule pass from substitute Billy Clifford released Van Aanholt, who crossed for Lalkovic to stab home from close-range and set up a tense closing spell.

With both teams searching for the winner spaces were beginning to open up, and after Van Aanholt gave the ball away Mellis was forced into a foul.
    From the free kick the ball was played out wide to the left, and as Elford-Alliyu crossed, substitute Adil Nabi was the first to react and pounced to fire into the bottom corner to give West Brom the lead with only two minutes left to play.

Lalkovic embarked on a brilliant run straight from the kick off which saw him brought down inches outside the penalty area. Kakuta was entrusted with taking the free kick but blazed high and wide when he had plenty of options.

Mellis went close a minute later from another Kakuta cross but he could only steer his volley wide of the post.

Mantom had a chance to put the game to bed as West Brom broke with pace, but as the ball ran into his path he leant back and hit it high over the bar.

That proved to be the last attack of any note, as the final whistle sounded.

Manager's thoughts:
    'I think West Brom thoroughly deserved their victory today, they were well organised and played very well on the counter attack,' said Dermot Drummy.

'I didn't think we played the game at our own tempo, we didn't really dictate the game at any point, and while we scored two good goals through Jacob and Milan, we were actually very sloppy in defence which surprised me as I thought that was an area where we were doing well.

'They're young boys at the back learning; John Terry was in the dressing room at half time and I said he could have a word with them, which he did, but they need to know I wasn't happy with that performance.'

Chelsea (4-3-3): Sam Walker; Sam Hutchinson (c) (Ben Gordon 75), Rohan Ince, George Saville, Patrick van Aanholt; Jacob Mellis, Michael Essien (Connor Clifford 75), Kaby (Billy Clifford 65); Milan Lalkovic, Romelu Lukaku, Gael Kakuta.
    Subs: James Russell, Ben Gordon, Conor Clifford, Marko Mitrovic.

West Bromwich Albion (4-3-3): Shane Lewis; James Hurst, Wesley Atkinson, Aaron Birch, Donervorn Daniels; Kemar Roofe, Cameron Gayle, Sam Mantom (c); Romaine Sawyers, Chris Wood, Lateef Elford-Alliyu.
    Subs: Adil Nabi, Tom Turton, Mark Hingley, Mani O'Sullivan, David Goldsmith

This article makes me think "NOOOOOOOoooooooo"

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/juventus-corner-what-is-wrong-with-milos-krasic/

Diver?!! :eek:

To be fair that article is from back in March 2011 but Krasic hasnt picked up his form consistently since then.

Heres the dive in question too :

If drogba goes to china for many £££$$$$ then why not replace him with Ba. Cheap and scores goals where ever he goes.

Random thought of the day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

One of the sillier sites, so hopefully a load of bull.

"Daniel Sturridge's long-term Chelsea future is in doubt after it emerged talks over a contract extension have yet to be scheduled reports the Daily Mail.
    The 22-year-old striker has been in scintillating form this season, and is the club's leading scorer with ten goals already to his name.
    Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has given Sturridge a more senior role at Stamford Bridge in 2011-12, and the Portuguese tactician is being repaid for the faith he has shown in the promising England U21 international.

However, his decision to continually deploy Sturridge out of position is beginning to upset the talented youngster, who, despite his impressive goal tally is determined to play in a more central role.
    Sturridge spent the second half of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers, having found first-team opportunities difficult to come by in his first 18 months at Chelsea.
    A number of clubs will have been alerted not only by Sturridge's form, but the ongoing contract situation in west London and will likely continue monitoring how it develops.
    The Birmingham-born forward is entering the final two years of his contract, and Villas-Boas will be reluctant to lose such a key player as he bids to inject more youth into his ageing Chelsea squad."

If drogba goes to china for many £££$$$$ then why not replace him with Ba. Cheap and scores goals where ever he goes.

Random thought of the day:)

Very random thought :P

Mmmm I'd have some reservations about signing a guy whos only looked top quality in the last 5 months, granted he has scored goals and will probably secure himself a move to a better team then Necastle ( sorry Newcastle fans ) but I'd rather it wasnt us.

Hopefully its Spurs, they wont buy Adebayor from City when they can potentially get Ba for cheaper even though Adebayor is the better player.

Just give Lukaku a chance, he wasnt cheap and hes doing very well with the Reserves.

RichT wrote: »
    One of the sillier sites, so hopefully a load of bull.

"Daniel Sturridge's long-term Chelsea future is in doubt after it emerged talks over a contract extension have yet to be scheduled reports the Daily Mail.
    The 22-year-old striker has been in scintillating form this season, and is the club's leading scorer with ten goals already to his name.
    Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has given Sturridge a more senior role at Stamford Bridge in 2011-12, and the Portuguese tactician is being repaid for the faith he has shown in the promising England U21 international.

However, his decision to continually deploy Sturridge out of position is beginning to upset the talented youngster, who, despite his impressive goal tally is determined to play in a more central role.
    Sturridge spent the second half of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers, having found first-team opportunities difficult to come by in his first 18 months at Chelsea.
    A number of clubs will have been alerted not only by Sturridge's form, but the ongoing contract situation in west London and will likely continue monitoring how it develops.
    The Birmingham-born forward is entering the final two years of his contract, and Villas-Boas will be reluctant to lose such a key player as he bids to inject more youth into his ageing Chelsea squad."

Thats ridiculous to start speculation like that, he has two years left on his contract FFS. It amazes me the sh!te the rags come up with:rolleyes:

Some good / bad / indifferent news really depends on your opinion of the guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084165/Salomon-Kalou-open-talks-Arsenal.html
    Salomon Kalou has jetted back to London to open talks over a move to Arsenal.

The Chelsea striker was in Dubai with the Ivory Coast as they prepare for the Africa Cup of Nations later this month.

But he has now flown back to England as the Gunners attempt to lure him across the capital.

Boss Arsene Wenger is a big fan of Kalou and is confident he can tempt him into the switch.

The player would cost £3million in the transfer window with his contract expiring at the end of the campaign.

Talks over a new deal at Stamford Bridge have stalled over his £90,000-a-week wage demands.

Arsenal are trying to take advantage by making an official approach for Kalou.

He would become their second major signing of the window after Thierry Henry's return on loan from New York Red Bulls.

More from the Mail, pinches of salt sold seperatly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084416/Chelsea-stall-Daniel-Sturridges-long-term-deal.html
    Daniel Sturridge’s long-term Chelsea future is in doubt after it emerged talks over a contract extension have yet to be scheduled.

The 22-year-old striker is entering the final two years of his deal and is the club’s leading scorer this season. Yet Chelsea’s delay in offering him new terms is igniting the interest of leading clubs in England and Europe.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini recently voiced his amazement that Sturridge was allowed to leave that club in the summer of 2009 and is a known advocate of his striking talents. It would come as a severe blow to fans at Stamford Bridge if the £20million-rated star was lured away.

The Birmingham-born forward has been played largely out of position on the right flank this term and is increasingly upset about a lack of opportunities in his favoured central role. Andre Villas-Boas is trying to inject some youth into his squad and would be reluctant to lose such a key player

I'm sure AVB will want to tie Sturridge to an extnesion with his displays over the last year.

Some good / bad / indifferent news really depends on your opinion of the guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084165/Salomon-Kalou-open-talks-Arsenal.html

meh

90,000 a week, feck off to arsenal will ya

• Advertisement

meh

90,000 a week, feck off to arsenal will ya

So Arsenal will sign and Kalou and Henry inthe same window it seems, must be silly season.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement