Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sgt, you read too many websites!:pac:
    I don't see the point in going for a Coentrao, we have capable youth in that position should Cole wish to leave the club.
    I'd rather see that sort of money used where its needed more, with a creative wide player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

papagormo wrote: »
    Sgt, you read too many websites!:pac:
    I don't see the point in going for a Coentrao, we have capable youth in that position should Cole wish to leave the club.
    I'd rather see that sort of money used where its needed more, with a creative wide player.

If cole were to leave then I dont think pva or berthrand are anywhere near good enough to take his place just yet, maybe in 2 or 3 years.

I have never been impressed with coentrao, he is good going forward but I remember him having a hissy fit after the europa league semi final between braga and benfica this year and it did not impress me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Juliano Belletti retiring due to physical problems, a very good player for us who never moaned.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Scored some quality goals, might want to mute the video though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Veles wrote: »
    So any updates on the transfer front lad's?

No, just the usual being linked with everyone.

AVB is still shaping his backroom staff, looks like goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon is going.
    The players are back soon and I expect movement then.
    IMO its a good sign that the friendly was called off, looks like he really is in charge and is a manager and not a coach.
    Just hope when the action starts, he gets off to a winning start or we're going to look pretty silly after all the backroom changes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8601758/Andre-Villas-Boas-set-to-make-another-change-at-Chelsea.html

No, just the usual being linked with everyone.

AVB is still shaping his backroom staff, looks like goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon is going.
    The players are back soon and I expect movement then.
    IMO its a good sign that the friendly was called off, looks like he really is in charge and is a manager and not a coach.
    Just hope when the action starts, he gets off to a winning start or we're going to look pretty silly after all the backroom changes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8601758/Andre-Villas-Boas-set-to-make-another-change-at-Chelsea.html

Totally agree, it shows who really is in charge and that he is decisive. He is not a 'yes' man. Carlo would have said nothing and gone ahead with the game even if it came at a bad time. Fair play to villas boas.

I like that he is bringing in his own staff, its important that he has people he trusts and knows around him.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    #CFC upped pursuit of Alexis Sanchez. Have equalled #MCFC bid of 37m euro. AVB spoken 3 times to player to convince him to join his 'dream'.

He's going to be a Barca player though if they pay the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Would much prefer Sanchez to Neymar as we are weak as hell on the right wing, but unless AVB can persuade him of great things at Chelsea or Roman gives him a funny money contract, I can only see him at Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well Barca look to be closing in on Fabregas. They have a set budget and they will have to spend the majority of that on him. Unless they can raise the money from other player sales they won't be able to afford him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    Well Barca look to be closing in on Fabregas. They have a set budget and they will have to spend the majority of that on him. Unless they can raise the money from other player sales they won't be able to afford him.

We can give them £40 Million for Iniesta and they can have Cesc and Sanchez.

:P

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
    Santos have revealed that Real Madrid, Barcelona, ​​Chelsea, Man City and Anzhi Makhachkala are prepared to meet Neymar's release clause...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Johner wrote: »
    Santos have revealed that Real Madrid, Barcelona, ​​Chelsea, Man City and Anzhi Makhachkala are prepared to meet Neymar's release clause...
    Surely thats him gone to Spain unless we really throw the cash at him but even at that citeh prob have us.

He's said loads of times he would like to play for Chelsea. Pity he would be class to watch week in week out for chelsea..once he got his temper issues sorted that it!

Who?? :confused:

** Off to Google I go........... **

Them? :eek:

Jesus I'd doubt he would go there after all thats happened with Roberto Carlos.

If the above is True the Real Madrid is the most likely destination for young Neymar.

He will be at Real I'd say. I hope Barca get Fabregas and leave us to get Sanchez!

He will be at Real I'd say. I hope Barca get Fabregas and leave us to get Sanchez!

Well Cesc seems to be their 1st choice, we dont really seem to have a 1st choice target, it looked like been Lukaku alright though and the interest there seems to be cooling, same with the Modric bid.

gavredking wrote: »
    Well Cesc seems to be their 1st choice, we dont really seem to have a 1st choice target, it looked like been Lukaku alright though and the interest there seems to be cooling, same with the Modric bid.

I think we are waiting for Modric to come back from holidays. I'd say United will still be in for him. Villas Boas seems to really want Sanchez but if Barca have the cash for him he will definitely go there and honestly who could blame him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

It's a pity (for us) that Real/Barca seem to be the default choice for so many of these young South American players, and we have to try go above and beyond their value to even have a chance of gazumping them.

And then you have people like Lukaku who seem to be chomping at the bit to get a chance at Chelsea and we seem to be backing away from him...

Andre Villas Boas will hold his first media conference as #CFC manager at 9.30 am tomorrow (June 28th).

I think we are waiting for Modric to come back from holidays. I'd say United will still be in for him. Villas Boas seems to really want Sanchez but if Barca have the cash for him he will definitely go there and honestly who could blame him. :(

I still dont want Modric, think we can do better in that position, Sanchez would be a welcom addition, means we would be playing with a genuine wide amn and probably the first since Robben, what a player Robben was and still is, I'd love to have him back.

• Advertisement

Andre Villas Boas will hold his first media conference as #CFC manager at 9.30 am tomorrow (June 28th).

Wow, thats the first time I've seen tweet from a journo (cant remember name!) that turned out to be true.

Maybe we will get an idea of the squad comings and goings, will youth play? etc etc

Wow, thats the first time I've seen tweet from a journo (cant remember name!) that turned out to be true.

Maybe we will get an idea of the squad comings and goings, will youth play? etc etc

I'd expect a lot of Mourihno questions, transfer targets and players to leave, formation, and what he expects to achieve, might be the odd sneaky question like does he fear for his job given Romans sacking history.

Should be a cake walk for him. :P

I'd expect a lot of Mourihno questions, transfer targets and players to leave, formation, and what he expects to achieve, might be the odd sneaky question like does he fear for his job given Romans sacking history.

Should be a cake walk for him. :P

Yep - Is Drogba staying? Age of the squad, Porto players he wants etc etc
    In other news, we have apparently agreed to pay Neymars buy out of 45 million euros :eek:

along with 4 other clubs, RM, Barca, Man City and and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala :confused:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7008245,00.html

Yep - Is Drogba staying? Age of the squad, Porto players he wants etc etc
    In other news, we have apparently agreed to pay Neymars buy out of 45 million euros :eek:

along with 4 other clubs, RM, Barca, Man City and and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala :confused:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7008245,00.html

I'd nearly take the story with a pinch of salt, AFAIK Neymar is inthe Copa America squad so unless he signs in the next few days I dotn see anything happening.

Copa America starts on the 2nd July so there is time for a deal to be done before it starts, expect him to be at Real next year, his price is a big worry for some clubs but their is something special about that kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I'd nearly take the story with a pinch of salt, AFAIK Neymar is inthe Copa America squad so unless he signs in the next few days I dotn see anything happening.

In the Copa America with our very own David Luiz and Ramires, how no doubt will be filling him full of positive vibes about a move to london, could be very helpful!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    In the Copa America with our very own David Luiz and Ramires, how no doubt will be filling him full of positive vibes about a move to london, could be very helpful!!

True, although I can see Neymar going to either Barca or Real at some stage of his career, the only problem is that if we punt £40 million on him and he decides 12 or 18 months down the line he wants to go to Spain after a poor season or 2 his value wil have tumbled an we'll take a massive hit.

Although with his ability hes only going to get better and betterr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Will be a very Brazilian friendly dressing room soon.

Alex, Luiz, Ramires and Piazon soon. Hilario, Bosingwa and Ferreira all speak Portugese too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

True, although I can see Neymar going to either Barca or Real at some stage of his career, the only problem is that if we punt £40 million on him and he decides 12 or 18 months down the line he wants to go to Spain after a poor season or 2 his value wil have tumbled an we'll take a massive hit.

Although with his ability hes only going to get better and betterr.

I definitely think that the kid is something out of the ordinary, his speed, technique and mad skills are out of this world, I do worry about him coming from Brazil where he is currently god like that his ego would be out of control and he is used to being the main man.

Is he worth 40million, I dont think anyone is to be honest, but if we paid 50 for Torres and didnt flinch then lets try our best to sign up one of the best prospects ive ever seen.

In a dream world if we ended up with a front 3 of Neymar - Torres - Sanchez I think we would be the envy of most clubs in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

If he did end up at SW6 I'd be quite shocked to be honest. If Roman really really wants him he will get a heafty contract, but I'm sure he would prefer the style and the tropical climate all year round in Spain.

If they did match the release clause and dont get him, they should turn their attention to Hazard. I doubt he will cost 40 nil and would be an excellent addition to balance Sanchez on the wing, provided we get. Sanchez of course.

I also reckon Roman will give big money for Modric than go for pastore who I reckon would work out cheaper. It will take a lot of money to pry Modric from spurs grip and I think pastore would work out slightly cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Yep - Is Drogba staying?
    I know you're posing a rhetorical question. But now that you raise it, 'rumours' like this (http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/255286/Arda-Turan-bait-in-Didier-Drogba-Turk-deal) lead me to suspect Drogba is getting his retaliation in before AVB makes his own position clear in public.

And I have my doubts about Essien staying when I see stories like this (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930867/michael-essien-set-for-chelsea-stay?cc=5739) quoting his agent saying this 'Michael is also focused on staying at the club because he has a very good relationship with the team's supporters, the new manager and the club owner. He is not leaving.'

I'd be putting money on both of them being offloaded by a manager who wants to put a lot more movement and energy into his team than either of these can guarantee for a full season.

McDave wrote: »
    I know you're posing a rhetorical question. But now that you raise it, 'rumours' like this (http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/255286/Arda-Turan-bait-in-Didier-Drogba-Turk-deal) lead me to suspect Drogba is getting his retaliation in before AVB makes his own position clear in public.

And I have my doubts about Essien staying when I see stories like this (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930867/michael-essien-set-for-chelsea-stay?cc=5739) quoting his agent saying this 'Michael is also focused on staying at the club because he has a very good relationship with the team's supporters, the new manager and the club owner. He is not leaving.'

I'd be putting money on both of them being offloaded by a manager who wants to put a lot more movement and energy into his team than either of these can guarantee for a full season.

Yep and now Malouda is the latest to be linked as "the first casuality"
    Theres no way I want a fully motivated Drogba to leave if he is prepared to be part of a squad.
    What I dont want to happen is for us to have an inadequate sized squad again and be found out when we get injuries. We need a balanced squad with a good blend of youth and age, and a subs bench that can make an impact.
    Mcgarry reckons Danny will be on the right in a 4-3-3, but he is 99% full of manure anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Said it before, I'd rather hold on to the Drogba for another season, especially if he is ok with squad rotation. His experience and influence on the likes of Danny would be invaluable IMO.
    For me, the jury's out on Malouda, his attitude over the course of the season ended wouldn't inspire confidence with me. I'd be happier having a more "hungry" player trying to get his game time out wide.
    I can't see Essien leaving, hopefully I'm not proven wrong on that one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Theres no way I want a fully motivated Drogba to leave if he is prepared to be part of a squad.
    What I dont want to happen is for us to have an inadequate sized squad again and be found out when we get injuries. We need a balanced squad with a good blend of youth and age, and a subs bench that can make an impact.
    Mcgarry reckons Danny will be on the right in a 4-3-3, but he is 99% full of manure anyway!

And not a moment too soon for Malouda,

AVB would only have to look at a handful of games when we were in our massive slump and see the lads attitude stinks .

Get rid of him at all costs ,

Only Kalou can be more annoying but at least he gives 110% and my annoyance towards him usually stems from him missing sitters !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

SkyGraemeBaileyGraeme Bailey

Roberto Di Matteo is being linked with return to Chelsea as Andre Villas Boas's assistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

@ SP64 & papag

I'd rather hold on to Drogba too. His attitude to Torres' arrival was exemplary. But if another star forward is bought in, that's Drogba relegated to bit part third-in-line or supersub. I'm not sure he'd want that himself.

As for Essien, he's been nothing like his old self since his injury. A bit like Michael Owen. Can Chelsea build a midfield around declining players like Essien and Lampard? I don't mean any disrespect, especially to the incomparable Lampard. But Chelsea have to hit the ground running like they did under Mourinho, and sustain it until they have the PL in the bag. Can youse see Essien and Lampard being the motor of such a midfield?

• Advertisement

You hit the nail on the head with that. We need to offload drogba to get balence. He cannot play with torres and I hope we dont try and go with 2 up front. If we keep him then avb with spent all the time trying to include him and we will be left with no balence. I hope he goes for that reason

and malouda and anelka can leave also as long as we replace them

amiable wrote: »

I hope thats true:)

McDave wrote: »
    @ SP64 & papag

I'd rather hold on to Drogba too. His attitude to Torres' arrival was exemplary. But if another star forward is bought in, that's Drogba relegated to bit part third-in-line or supersub. I'm not sure he'd want that himself.

As for Essien, he's been nothing like his old self since his injury. A bit like Michael Owen. Can Chelsea build a midfield around declining players like Essien and Lampard? I don't mean any disrespect, especially to the incomparable Lampard. But Chelsea have to hit the ground running like they did under Mourinho, and sustain it until they have the PL in the bag. Can youse see Essien and Lampard being the motor of such a midfield?

I expect Lamps to be an "impact" sub. Essien to get one more chance to see if he has fully recovered from injury. Hopefully Josh will get some games. I also expect us to sign at least one creative midfielder and possibly a winger. At Porto AVB played 4-3-3 with the full backs pushing up high. They scored lots of goals but conceeded a few as well, but then Roman is supposed to have siad he would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0!
    Malouda and Yuri to go.
    Looking forward to 9.30 tomorrow!

I expect Lamps to be an "impact" sub. Essien to get one more chance to see if he has fully recovered from injury. Hopefully Josh will get some games. I also expect us to sign at least one creative midfielder and possibly a winger. At Porto AVB played 4-3-3 with the full backs pushing up high. They scored lots of goals but conceeded a few as well, but then Roman is supposed to have siad he would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0!Malouda and Yuri to go.
    Looking forward to 9.30 tomorrow!

:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »

Brilliant news if true ,

On Essien , this season will either make or break him .

He is only 29 in December and has at least another 3-4 years left at the very top of his game.

If he has another shocker let him off at the end of the season or in January.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »

Exciting football :D but if were loosing high scoring games we would be more like spurs than Chelsea :D:D:D

Exciting football :D but if were loosing high scoring games we would be more like spurs than Chelsea :D:D:D

Suppose, hope we have some solidity too.

We are been linked to aguero again:eek::rolleyes:, I dont know whats going to happen

Suppose, hope we have some solidity too.

We are been linked to aguero again:eek::rolleyes:, I dont know whats going to happen

Torres and him would be a dream partnership I think, with Dany up top(RHS) ,

Drogs a super sub,

Anelka , away with him,

Kalou, your a super sub also and and a cup player , its up to you .

Jesus lads I could do this management lark no bother what so ever :rolleyes:

I expect Josh to get a decent chance under AVB. After all AVB's idol is Pep because of the way job he has done at barca. Bring through youth players & buying big players. Also it seems he's not afraid to try something different. Would like to see Josh, Kakuta & Sturridge being used frequently. Still think Kakuta could be a great player for us.

No offence to Carlo but he was reluctant to experiment even when times were at the worst.

Read on twitter today (I know, I know) that Conor Clifford could be going on loan to Leeds or Ipswitch. That would be good for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

superfrank wrote: »
    I expect Josh to get a decent chance under AVB. After all AVB's idol is Pep because of the way job he has done at barca. Bring through youth players & buying big players. Also it seems he's not afraid to try something different. Would like to see Josh, Kakuta & Sturridge being used frequently. Still think Kakuta could be a great player for us.

No offence to Carlo but he was reluctant to experiment even when times were at the worst.

Read on twitter today (I know, I know) that Conor Clifford could be going on loan to Leeds or Ipswitch. That would be good for him!

Does a man in a new job who will spend heavily in the Summer apparently and who has only been given a short contract have time to play kids? If Modric signs for example, Josh will probably struggle for gametime.

LOL and OOPS! :o

This is the quote I was looking for!

A Blues insider said: “Roman has always wanted to see a Chelsea side that played what he calls ‘sexy football.’
    “He’d rather see a match where they win 4-3 in swashbuckling style than grind out a 1-0 result.”

flahavaj wrote: »
    Does a man in a new job who will spend heavily in the Summer apparently and who has only been given a short contract have time to play kids? If Modric signs for example, Josh will probably struggle for gametime.

For 5 million a year he should be able to integrate youths into a championship challenging side .

No if's or buts about it .

Im sure the clubs plans were laid out on the table to him before he signed up, hence why Carlo new the game was up, Im sure he had a somewhat similar brief .

Whilst getting us a historic double in his first season his second was a miserable fail on all fronts , Youths and trophies.

The season was a loss come xmas, which maybe could of been saved by the hype of a couple of excellent youngsters breaking into the first team, then all the talk would of been of transition period and blooding in of the youngsters, may even have saved his job.

Before any one says we were still in the CL and sniff of the EPL we were playing Sh!te and the writing was on the walls IMO.

Anyhow 3 years aint too short , If he does well enough this season there should be talk of a long term deal.

flahavaj wrote: »

Well its fair to say that Chelsea are pushing Josh McEachran as the next big thing. They want to be able to have a homegrown in the squad even ifs it only him. Its obviously by the actions of the club. For example they had an audience with JT, Lamps & Josh a while back.

I have no dout he is in the future plans of cfc!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement