Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    From the site, http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2574763,00.html

Essien will be back in the squad for the Norwich game, we havent made a bid for Hazrad and doesnt expect further signings, which is weird.

We've received a bid for Alex from an EPL club and Kalou, Drogba and Lamps all expected o be here come the end of the transfer window.

Theres no smoke without fire - we are def looking for a winger\playmaker.

I believe that we DID bid for these players as well as Modric\Pastore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084903/Real-Madrid-block-Chelseas-Angel-di-Maria-move.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/18/chile-chelsea-eduardo-vargas-napoli

Whether we can find a decent one that will join us in Jan is a different matter?!!

As you said, theres cash to be spent on the RIGHT player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theres no smoke without fire - we are def looking for a winger\playmaker.

I believe that we DID bid for these players as well as Modric\Pastore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084903/Real-Madrid-block-Chelseas-Angel-di-Maria-move.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/18/chile-chelsea-eduardo-vargas-napoli

Whether we can find a decent one that will join us in Jan is a different matter?!!

As you said, theres cash to be spent on the RIGHT player

Main part in bold really, if we get the right player and right price then buy now, absolutly get someone in but I've no problem waiting until summer 2012 and after the Euro's if we have to but some players stock may rise.

Interesting about Di Maria been on apparently £1.65Million a year, which is about £32K a week, i would have expected him to be on double that and if the Spanish bring in the tax rate of 52% on foregin footballers then Di Maria will want double his wages, as someone has said the current tax rate for foreign players is something like 20-25%.

pato's staying

Press release pato: I want to stay in Milan and win trophees. :D

http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/show/135983

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

How long had Torres left on his contract do ya know??

I 100% agree with ya, I still think Torres is the answer and will lead the line for us and if in the next few years he bangs in goals and wins us titles people will start to forget the money paid for him.

It all depends on where AVB sees the squads weakest points and if theres value there. If we spent big on a winger like Di Maria or Hazard no one would mind as we lack the quality in that department to play the system AVB is trying to implement.

As long as this club has money behind us we'll be linked with every big name around and for mad money too even if theres no truth what so ever in the stories.

3 and a half years as far as know

pato's staying

He's shacked up with Berlusconi's daughter so I couldn't see him going unless it was for silly money and a silly contract

pato's staying

So we can expect him in a PSG jersey in 2 weeks time so ya?? :pac:

amiable wrote: »
    He's shacked up with Berlusconi's daughter so I couldn't see him going unless it was for silly money and a silly contract

If Milan want money for the Tevez deal they maybe forced to sell Pato, but theres many variables, If Pato would want to leave, if Tevez would join, will Milan want Tevez in the long term.

Pato is Milan's most prized assist given his age and ability, they know they can get huge money for him as hes highly sought after around Europe.

Although they've a young guy El Shaarawy who looks very promising too and will be a future star for Milan, but AFAIK, Genoa are his parent club and own 50% of the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

This Cahil saga is getting ridiculous. :mad:

Two weeks of haggling FFS.

I think he will be a very good buy, even if it's just to keep Side Show Dave out of the penalty box, but it's time to shite or get off the pot.

Sign now or jog on, so we can look for an alternative.

RichT wrote: »
    This Cahil saga is getting ridiculous. :mad:

Two weeks of haggling FFS.

I think he will be a very good buy, even if it's just to keep Side Show Dave out of the penalty box, but it's time to shite or get off the pot.

Sign now or jog on, so we can look for an alternative.

I dont think Cahill will come in and dislodge Luiz from the team, it will only happen if AVB wants to play Luiz at RB.

I can see how people can get frustrated but I'd rather the powers that be negoiate the best possible deal, gone are the days of a player wanting X amount a week and the club saying sure ya, have that.

If Cahill did want 100K a week and we get him down to 80K and it takes all month I'd rather us go this route then just pay his demands.

Patience is key, we'll get our man in time.

• Advertisement

I dont think Cahill will come in and dislodge Luiz from the team, it will only happen if AVB wants to play Luiz at RB.

There is a place for Luiz in the team but it is definitely not at centre back!

If and when Cahil signs, I expect to see him along side JT straight away and for every game.

There is a place for Luiz in the team but it is definitely not at centre back!

If and when Cahil signs, I expect to see him along side JT straight away and for every game.

I'm not sure TBH. Cahill would be less inclined to go into a tackle and have better decision making and maybe slightly better in the air but there is a case for Luiz at CB, pace, reading fo the game, distribution, carrying the ball out.

I'd happly have Luiz at RB though as he would be better then Ivanovic or Bosingwa.

Cahill and JT could be England's Euro 2012 partnership and this gives them more time to work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Cahill and JT could be England's Euro 2012 partnership and this gives them more time to work on it.

While also creating the slowest center back partnership in the history of the premier league...

iregk wrote: »
    While also creating the slowest center back partnership in the history of the premier league...

Eeeeehhhh not really, Cahill is like a Ferrari compared to JT's Fiesta.

Edit : The alternative is to play Luiz at CB, which most wont even entertain, eventhough I believe Luiz to be on another level to Cahill.

Eeeeehhhh not really, Cahill is like a Ferrari compared to JT's Fiesta.

Edit : The alternative is to play Luiz at CB, which most wont even entertain, eventhough I believe Luiz to be on another level to Cahill.

No finer exciting player to see running forward than Luiz....... but my middle aged heart can't take that excitement when he's playing at CB :eek:

Give me slow and steady every time!

No finer exciting player to see running forward than Luiz....... but my middle aged heart can't take that excitement when he's playing at CB :eek:

Thats the thing about Luiz, he gets people on the edge of their seats whether hes defending or attacking, what more do ya want?? :P

More importantly, what way do we think the game will go tommorrow? Sunderland have been boosted by MoN coming in and that showed with the City game, we can expect more 10 behind the ball stuff against us at the Birdge and hoping to launch a very quick counter attack.

Hoping we can do the job and I'm going to say 2-0.

• Advertisement

I've said it before, but its the piss poor peformance of the forwards and their inability to put the ball in the back of the net that ultimately puts unnecessary pressure on the defence.
    Look at the Wigan, West Brom and Fulham games. Dominated possession, loads of shots, failed to convert.
    Cech was at fault for 4 lost points!

I've said it before, but its the piss poor peformance of the forwards and their inability to put the ball in the back of the net that ultimately puts unnecessary pressure on the defence.
    Look at the Wigan, West Brom and Fulham games. Dominated possession, loads of shots, failed to convert.

Dont get me started on that Wigan game :mad:

A bloody bread and butter stop that he spills to the only other Wigan player in the box. :mad:

Next year when Courtois comes back from loan Cech may well be sold, if we had a good enough back up I pressume AVB would have lit the fire under Cech and dropped him but we cant afford to drop him from the team.

On the other side, Cech has his moments when ya wonder how did he save that?

But this season the examples you gave of dropped points due to Cech's mistakes are hard to take, especially bloody Wigan. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Nail on the head there ,

Although the defense has being getting slaughtered recently by most , the inability of our forward line to score or the Midfield lone to be more creative is pushing all the pressure back on the defensive line .

Our Midfielders need to work harder when loosing the ball to provide support or release some pressure form the the back line .

The wolves game was a fine example , happy to stroke the ball around in the midfield section without actually looking to create something , which nearly cost us , We should of put that game to bed a hell of lot earlier, but no we didnt and again the highlighted fact was Boswinga made a mistake at the back post , In My mind it should of never came to that ,

Really though game this weekend , Sunderland are on the Up with MON hopefully we can take them back down a Peg or two ,

Couple of vital things in this game , we need to be lighting quick in the middle of the park because Sunderland have a solid enough core in the middle and will be on top of us straight away and we can afford to be giving away possession as Larson is IMO one of th best crossers of the ball in the League at present , we wont get away with our usual sloppiness

Cech needs to be on form and command his box ,

That will be all.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win and a goal in the 80th minute if thats what it takes.

We're so far behind Spurs we have to make up some ground on them.

City and Utd have had little blips so far this season while Spurs havent suffered any as yet and when they eventually and invitably do, we have to be close enough to take advantage or be in a poisiton to apply pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think it goes without saying that Cech hasn't been the same keeper since the Hunt incident. Which is a shame because he was looking like the best in the world prior to it, though it helps when you have Terry and Carvalho in the prime of their careers in front of you :p

The two dutch keepers Vorm and Krul could be worth a look for you.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    I think it goes without saying that Cech hasn't been the same keeper since the Hunt incident. Which is a shame because he was looking like the best in the world prior to it, though it helps when you have Terry and Carvalho in the prime of their careers in front of you :p

True, Cech was up there with Buffon, Casillas at the height of his career and hasnt had the same consistency since then, hes still a good keeper and makes the odd mistake that you'd expect him not to make but because hes playing for a top club it get reported and anaylsied in more depth, like Reina and VDS in the recent past, fine keepers that very rarely make mistakes but when they do its pounced on by the media.

I think we'll be ok with Courtois next year been number 2 but theres reports in Spain suggesting he'll be loaned out to Atleico Madrid again.

If we sold Cech and brought in a Krul/Vrom type keeper to compete with Courtios we could have a good competition as both would be fighting for the jersey, like De Gea and Lindengaard.

If we sign another keeper now, they know they'll be back up as long as Cech is at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

cson wrote: »

I don't think we need to look for a keeper, Courtois is already looking brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SATURDAY CHOSEN FOR FOURTH ROUND TIE
    Posted on: Fri 13 Jan 2012

Our FA Cup fourth round tie away to either MK Dons or Queens Park Rangers will take place on Saturday, January 28.

Should League One MK Dons prosper in the replay, scheduled for Tuesday, 17 January at Loftus Road, the game will kick off at 3pm at stadiummk. If QPR win, we will meet in west London at 12pm.

Ticket news will follow when our opponent is confirmed.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2575809,00.html

Johner wrote: »
    I don't think we need to look for a keeper, Courtois is already looking brilliant.

^ This.

Hopefully he gets a shot soon enough as well. Hes getting good experience anyway playing top flight Spanish football as opposed to been left join a Championship / League 1 side or continue in Belguim.

Hes definetly got the attributes to be a good keeper in the EPL.

From the man himself : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084756/Thibaut-Courtois-eyes-year-Atletico-Madrid.html

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois wants to extend his loan from Barclays Premier League club Chelsea for another year.

The Belgian joined Atletico on a season-long loan last summer but he is hopeful he can spend another season in Spain.

He told reporters at a news conference: 'a second year would be fine' and added: 'That is a decision that depends on Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and me.

'There is time to decide because we are in January but I like Madrid, it is a very good club and if I can stay a second year here that would be great.'

The 19-year-old cost Chelsea £8million from Belgian side Genk and is seen as the long-term successor to current No 1 Petr Cech.

Courtois took over the Atletico No 1 jersey from Manchester United's David de Gea and has impressed so far in his first season at the club.

I might go to that :)

If its against QPR you'll be doing well to get a ticket. :P

But it would be a good game with a good atmosphere.

If its against QPR you'll be doing well to get a ticket. :P

But it would be a good game with a good atmosphere.

If it's against QPR which I hope it is I will have no probs getting a ticket:)

Johner wrote: »

Plus 1000

I think Cech is still good enough to carry on for a few more years, Dont golaies get better with age, like defenders? Plus TC is still quite young.
    I think we need a better No2, if only to keep Cech on his toes!

Plus 1000

I think Cech is still good enough to carry on for a few more years, Dont golaies get better with age, like defenders? Plus TC is still quite young.

IMO because Cech was so good before he set the bar really high for himself and he's struggled to live up to that for the last year or two.

If he didn't improve from now to the end of the season I'd consider buying a new keeper or assessing if Courtois is good enough to take over.

If it's against QPR which I hope it is I will have no probs getting a ticket:)

Ooooohhhhh gloating much amiable?? :pac:
    Plus 1000

Agreed, Cech still has a few years in him but he needs competition, I'd rather not spend a couple of million on a back up when we have a young guy doing well in Spain that is more then capable of pushing Cech.

I'd bring Courtios back and make him number 2 for next year and let him learn from Cech as well as trying to take his spot, Courtois would get some Cup games and as we know with Cech, he misses a few league games a year with little niggles, not many games mind you.

Its always hard to find a keeper that knows hes going to be back up.

• Advertisement

Ooooohhhhh gloating much amiable?? :pac:

Only replying to your statement Gav;)

I know a good few people involved with the club.

I've been to a few cup finals before thanks to QPR.

Every club gets an allocation of tickets for Cup finals but usually return them.

So everytime Liverpool were in a final i got tickets.
    Not been for a while now though:(

IMO because Cech was so good before he set the bar really high for himself and he's struggled to live up to that for the last year or two.

If he didn't improve from now to the end of the season I'd consider buying a new keeper or assessing if Courtois is good enough to take over.

I still think we need Courtois in the same squad as Cech, for Cech to be pushed and Courtois to learn a few things.

I'd rather not sell him because hes still more then capable of been the best in the league.

Its a tough situation as we have a replacement bought ( Courtois ) but its hard to push out a guy like CEch whos been fantastic for this club.

If we sell we'd surely get close to the money we paid for him a few years ago???

Only replying to your statement Gav;)

I know a good few people involved with the club.

I've been to a few cup finals before thanks to QPR.

Every club gets an allocation of tickets for Cup finals but usually return them.

So everytime Liverpool were in a final i got tickets.
    Not been for a while now though:(

1 more good display against City and ye're well on ye're way to claiming a first trophy in a few years. ;)

1 more good display against City and ye're well on ye're way to claiming a first trophy in a few years. ;)

I'll be there if Liverpool are there:)

I reckon Chelsea would get more for Cech than they paid Rennes for him.

He'd do very well in Spain IMO

I'll be there if Liverpool are there:)

I reckon Chelsea would get more for Cech than they paid Rennes for him.

He'd do very well in Spain IMO

Good man, I've been to the new Wembley for a concert but would love to go for a game, if Chelsea get to the FA cup Final I'll be definetly trying go over.

We paid £7-8 Million for him, trying get that out of any Spanish team that isnt Barca or Real Madrid would be difficult, actually nearly forgot Malaga are splahing around their new cash so could go there or even in a really weird twist, sell him to Ateltico Madrid and take Courtois back as 1st choice. :p

Good man, I've been to the new Wembley for a concert

yep, Take That have still got it! :p

yep, Take That have still got it! :p

As long as it wasn't Garth Brooks ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

WAGNH_CFC WAGNH
    Gary Cahill Deal Agreed - The Mirror #cfc here

WAGNH_CFC WAGNH

Damm, I wanted him to play Utd!

Thats it, Hummels and Subotic will never come here now, they know they will never displace the first choice defenders of CAHILL and LUIZ

The new Dempsey and Makepeace of SB :D

Good news,now we can finally move on and get

Neymar, Hazard Di Maria Cavani Gotze

N'zogbia !!!

• Advertisement

WAGNH_CFC WAGNH

Sky sources confirming it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Damm, I wanted him to play Utd!

Thats it, Hummels and Subotic will never come here now, they know they will never displace the first choice defenders of CAHILL and LUIZ

The new Dempsey and Makepeace of SB :D

Good news,now we can finally move on and get

Neymar, Hazard Di Maria Cavani Gotze

N'zogbia !!!
    I'll have whatever you're drinking! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The statement about Cech is a bit unfair. He's been at fault for a goal or two, but in fairness he's saved us as many, if not more, than he's cost us.
    Just think back to the save from Kevin Doyle when we were 2-1 up at Wolves 10 days ago!

People have very short memories...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Hopefully he gets a shot soon enough as well. Hes getting good experience anyway playing top flight Spanish football as opposed to been left join a Championship / League 1 side or continue in Belguim.

Hes definetly got the attributes to be a good keeper in the EPL.

From the man himself : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084756/Thibaut-Courtois-eyes-year-Atletico-Madrid.html
    Yeah, hopefully that's true. Another full season in Spain and hopefully europa league action will definitely stand to him more so than coming back to Chelsea too early to battle with Cech for a starting spot.

It's probably best we don't get too carried away yet. The last 19 year old keeper to shine for Atletico is looking like turning out to be one of Fergie's biggest flops.

Sky Sports News are saying QPR have agreed a fee for Alex

blue-army wrote: »
    The statement about Cech is a bit unfair. He's been at fault for a goal or two, but in fairness he's saved us as many, if not more, than he's cost us.
    Just think back to the save from Kevin Doyle when we were 2-1 up at Wolves 10 days ago!

That is his job to save as many as possible

That save from Kevin Doyle was good but equally if it had gone in questions would have been asked why he didn't save.

A club like Chelsea need a top drawer keeper and he's been just slightly below that lately IMHO

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »

Good point - still would have liked him to save them though!
    Wolves was a case in point

We should have been at least goals ahead, so we werent under pressure
    Where were the defenders that left not one, but two Woves players un marked that forced Cech into the save?

Hopefully Cahill can sort that out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

this is it lads, todays the day, Torres is gonna smash some goals in!!!!!!!

mark my words!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyUzO7_z0uVrKzohInN2ynQzxFqPbU6nQkfc58gCOimZr2POb9Pa0XMYVdwQ

According to twitter.......

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Luiz, Terry (C), Meireles, Lampard, Ramires, Romeu, Mata, Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Bertrand, Hutchinson, Essien :), Malouda :mad:, Lukaku, Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Great to see Essien back!

:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement