Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

RichT wrote: »
    Subs: Turnbull, Bertrand, Hutchinson, Essien, Malouda, Lukaku, Sturridge[/B]

Essien on the subs bench???

After 75mins of a reserve game thats bit quick no?? Id be worried about him doing himself another injury... Great to see him back tho, wonder if he will ever be the same player after his third knee injury!!

McEachran not on the bench so im assuming he's gone to Swansea which is good, no point in him hanging on here if he could be training with them and getting himself in the team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Danny on the bench, wtf:confused:

What formation is that, I assume ramires is on the right then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Reckon easing Danny back in after injury, Rambo did well against Wolves on the right.:)

an also Danny was not on top form prior to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Any links knocking around for the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'm very excited about today's match

Today is the day we turn our hopes around.

In Luiz we trust

hhmmmm, well I'm nervous about this one tbh, bad things are a comin, bad things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Bos with Luiz is just an accident waiting to happen. He needs Ivanovic and Terry either side of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Is there a match thread lads?

any link firstrow sports isn't working.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Yellow card already for side show dave.

torres is so unlucky

yep fantastic overhead kick from Torres.

I've lost that link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Another one here

http://lsh.lshunter.tv/static/popups/7776002348950.html

Think commentary is south American,get ready for Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Half time. almost.

Poor old Torres....

Millions of fans all over the world willing him to score a goal.

but he's been pivotal with the set ups so he's not going to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

What is Dowd doing he has been terrible today! The referee situation needs to be looked at every other game the Ref is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Should re-name this The Poor Ol Torres Thread.

Gets taken down for a blatent peno......... gets booked for simulation:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It was dodgy towards the end but a win is a win.

Torres doing ok but just not getting the breaks.

And how good is it to see the bison back in action :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Essien wrote: »
    It was dodgy towards the end but a win is a win.

Torres doing ok but just not getting the breaks.

And how good is it to see the bison back in action :)

How long did he play for today ?

A tough victory but boy were we very poor in second half.

Torres doing well but he can't do it all himself, was making runs just not being picked out.

Rambo Romeu and Mata were poor, Essien did very well when he came on.

Merieles was dreadful yet again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

smuckers wrote: »
    A tough victory but boy were we very poor in second half.

Torres doing well but he can't do it all himself, was making runs just not being picked out.

Rambo Romeu and Mata were poor, Essien did very well when he came on.

Merieles was dreadful yet again!

It just backs up what we and (hopefully) AVB knows

GET HAZARD!!!!!

It just backs up what we and (hopefully) AVB knows

GET HAZARD!!!!!

I have been saying this since last summer but AVB just won't listen.

If we want a player in demand like hazard then we need to move for him now, in the summer all the top clubs will be lining up for him and we won't have a chance when madrid come calling.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I have been saying this since last summer but AVB just won't listen.

If we want a player in demand like hazard then we need to move for him now, in the summer all the top clubs will be lining up for him and we won't have a chance when madrid come calling.

Exactly. Aguero and Silva, both basically said "come and get me" and Chelsea sat on its hands.
    Sounds like Hazards agent is sounding out which clubs want him.
    Hell, I'd even sign him now and let him stay till the summer!

Imagine, Hazard
    Mata
    Danny
    Not since Robben and Duff would have such attacking flair - plus setting us up for years

Cruel to dream though, but if we did do a Mata, I'd be impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great result today, at this stage i don't care how we play once we pick up the 3 points. We need strengthening but players like Hazard and Modric etc..are to expensive and will demand massive wages. It would be to dangerous to spend that money on Hazard anyway, doing his stuff in the French league doesn't mean he will do it in the PL, to big a risk for me.

We need to get away from throwing massive amounts of money about for marquee signings and start looking for value in the market at cheaper prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Does it really matter to us what Roman spends?

Does it really matter to us what Roman spends?

With the FFP rules coming in, yes it does.

With the FFP rules coming in, yes it does.

We're actually doing quite well, its only Torres that distorts the figures.
    Several players and their high wages will soon be off the books and that will help.

Hazard wouldnt hurt us that much, in fact it will hurt more if we dont get players like him who could make a difference - remember prizes = CASH

• Advertisement

Several players and their high wages will soon be off the books and that will help.

Hazard wouldnt hurt us that much, in fact it will hurt more if we dont get players like him who could make a difference - remember prizes = CASH

I no we are doing well, but i still don't want money wasted on marquee signing to often anymore.

Look at Man United...Hernandez, Smalling, Jones were all signed for a reasonable amount and were great additions. We need to be looking to do good business like this on a regular basis.

Not just throwing 35 million here and 50 million their on marquee players like Hazard, Torres or the latest over hyped young star. We also have to start bringing the youth through more often as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Once againLamps saves the day !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jcf wrote: »
    Once againLamps saves the day !!

Nando Made it , ball landed at his feet , couldn't miss , rite place , rite time ,

what an effort by nado in the first place

I no we are doing well, but i still don't want money wasted on marquee signing to often anymore.

Look at Man United...Hernandez, Smalling, Jones were all signed for a reasonable amount and were great additions. We need to be looking to do good business like this on a regular basis.

Not just throwing 35 million here and 50 million their on marquee players like Hazard, Torres or the latest over hyped young star. We also have to start bringing the youth through more often as well.

Pop into the Utd thread - they are begging Fergie to sign a marquee player!
    They almost wet themselves over Sneijder, and still are, but all that got was a warmed up Scholes!

Utd have had the luxury of a long term manager, and one benefit of that is one mans vision and long term scouting.

We are moving in the right direction, but have to keep faith with AVB, he's already made a few Utd type signings, Romeu and TC, but as Utd are finding, young cheap and talented will only get you so far, you still need a sprinkling of established or truly up and coming stars.
    We have some very promising youth coming up but we just cant wait.
    You know the history of the club, older players, not being properly replaced etc etc
    It will come, but we need a quality creative playmaker or a winger to take us that extra step and one that can play in the first team right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Who do ye reckon will be the defence pairing now?

Terry and Cahill?

Thats what I reckon it'll be, but last few Chelsea games I've seen, except for the Spurs game he's been poor, but Luiz has been much worse.

Pop into the Utd thread - they are begging Fergie to sign a marquee player!
    They almost wet themselves over Sneijder, and still are, but all that got was a warmed up Scholes!

Utd have had the luxury of a long term manager, and one benefit of that is one mans vision and long term scouting.

We are moving in the right direction, but have to keep faith with AVB, he's already made a few Utd type signings, Romeu and TC, but as Utd are finding, young cheap and talented will only get you so far, you still need a sprinkling of established or truly up and coming stars.
    We have some very promising youth coming up but we just cant wait.
    You know the history of the club, older players, not being properly replaced etc etc
    It will come, but we need a quality creative playmaker or a winger to take us that extra step and one that can play in the first team right now

Big signings are fine don't get me wrong, i would just rather we strengthen our squad as a whole. I still think Torres could do it, he showed flashes today, he still has it in him. Danny is great and still very young, Romeu is going to be world class, not a long term option IMO but still a fantastic talent.

Throwing Hazard up front with Danny/Torres is going to solve our problems at the moment. We need to be looking at getting Josh game time in order to take a role up in midfield. Lukaku the same thing. I would rather we try to buy smart and not just to appease the fans by buying the next big thing.

Our team is very lackluster at the moment and it will take time, i am willing to wait and would rather AVB buy the right options that will fit rather than just throwing 30 odd million for Hazard or Cavani or who ever.

I just don't think they are the answer. We are not going to be able to buy the title anymore, we have to stop throwing money around and start looking at other, cheaper options.

Terry and Cahill?

Thats what I reckon it'll be, but last few Chelsea games I've seen, except for the Spurs game he's been poor, but Luiz has been much worse.

I hope so, i was never a big fan of Luiz, he has potential but he was back to his old erratic self today. It is always dangerous playing Luiz IMO.

Terry and Cahill?

Hope not, Iva - Luiz - JT - Ashley is what I want to see the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Nando Made it , ball landed at his feet , couldn't miss , rite place , rite time ,

what an effort by nado in the first place

It bounced off him really, did he even move?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

InTheTrees wrote: »
    It bounced off him really, did he even move?

Actually slotted it in but landed onto his foot , the technique in Torres scissors kick was top notch , actually had a great game , even got a good review on MOTD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

What? You spent about £130m net in the last calender year, despite making a loss of something like £70m the previous year. How does that constitute as doing quiet well?

Great results for us, only 8 points off Utd and City, caught up some on Spuds and gained 3 points on the Arse and 2 on Pool

Cahill coming in to help - looking good! ;)

tommyhaas wrote: »
    What? You spent about £130m net in the last calender year, despite making a loss of something like £70m the previous year. How does that constitute as doing quiet well?

He's talking about FFP. I don't really understand FFP but isn't this season the first that counts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Masked Man wrote: »
    He's talking about FFP. I don't really understand FFP but isn't this season the first that counts?

Yea it is, but your wage bill has obviously increased considerably since the last reported figures, coupled with spending £60m since the monitoring period began. Chelsea are no where near making even respectable losses

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Yea it is, but your wage bill has obviously increased considerably since the last reported figures, coupled with spending £60m since the monitoring period began. Chelsea are no where near making even respectable losses

It is a high wire act, but the FPP rules are rather, relaxed?

A number of hig earners would have moved on by next year and some have gone already
    Zhirkov
    Anelka
    Alex

And likely to go
    Ferreira
    Alex
    Bose
    Kalou
    Mikel

Maybe even Drogba

Clubs can lose up to 45 mill over the first 2 years.

Sponsership and Global sales are up. Probably naming rights as well. In fatc we have the 3rd highest income in the league

Of course we arent that close, but we can show we have vastly improved, and are miles ahead of City

The FPP rules might even help AVB stay in a job without silverware, but he MUST stay in the CL places

Its a balancing act for many clubs, including spanish and italian ones, and another reason why we are looking to move to a bigger stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

this is what worries me lads - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7434283/Lukaku-considers-loan-move

with Drogba off at the ACN we need to be playing this fella or else he's had a pretty much wasted year, once drogs is back he wont play, simple as that and I dont want him going off on loan, he was good enough for Anderlect and for the champions league he's good enough to get some sub appearances with us!

It worries me a little bit that AVB only really signed him as we wanted to secure him incase someone else bought him, I dont actually think he wanted him or rates him much...

sell the Drog and play Lukaku, Chelseas future!

And a transfer tit-bit for you good folk too. Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has just confirmed that highly-rated Chelsea teenager Josh McEachran is joining the Welsh club on loan for the rest of the season. I think he will fit in nicely too. Rodgers, a former youth-team coach at Stamford Bridge, is clearly making use of his contacts at his old club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Great results for us, only 8 points off Utd and City, caught up some on Spuds and gained 3 points on the Arse and 2 on Pool

Cahill coming in to help - looking good! ;)
    Ya. looking good for the BNP Chelsea brigade. Looking good.Disgrace of a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Ya. looking good for the BNP Chelsea brigade. Looking good.Disgrace of a club.

Haha a Celtic fan :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement