Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Getting a top four finish is top priority. Having notions of us mounting a title challenge are absurd.

Exactly, I would say we are in a relegation battle :P !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Hi Lads, new chelsea fan has joined the ranks. Long time admirer of boards CFC tread but never managed to get to post till now.

Finally i can throw my two cents in and not cause any rows ha ha.

I have not got much interest in FFP TBH i have faith in the club and they know what they are doing. Way too many loop holes for FFP to work.

I taught id start by saying i have huge faith in AVB and his tacics although one or two subs were a bit baffling.

He started his CFC career with a high line which he later abandoned to sure up our defence. I think once our players get more used to our tactics of ball possession and quick passing we will eventually see the high line return. I Just hope AVB will get all the time he needs to get his game plan going and takes us out of the transition period.

My CFC targets this season is for us to end the rest of the season with a good run of performances and results keeping us in a top four place for next season. One or two more signings are needed for nest season but hopfully we can get one or two more bargain buys like Mata/Sturridge/Romeu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

what a day wrote: »
    Hi Lads, new chelsea fan has joined the ranks. Long time admirer of boards CFC tread but never managed to get to post till now.

I have not got much interest in FFP TBH i have faith in the club and they know what they are doing. Way too many loop holes for FFP to work.

I taught id start by saying i have huge faith in AVB and his tacics although one or two subs were a bit baffling.

He started his CFC career with a high line which he later abandoned to sure up our defence. I think once our players get more used to our tactics of ball possession and quick passing we will eventually see the high line return. I Just hope AVB will get all the time he needs to get his game plan going and takes us out of the transition period.

My CFC targets this season is for us to end the rest of the season with a good run of performances and results keeping us in a top four place for next season. One or two more signings are needed for nest season but hopfully we can get one or two more bargain buys like Mata/Sturridge/Romeu.

Welcome to the forum, good to have more Chelsea fans posting. :cool:

Thanks Johner, this Thread is keeping me alive here in work.

Id actually have to work if it were not for this site:eek: !!!

Alot of rumours floating around Eden Hazzard bid, apparently we have interest but have yet to agree a fee. Lille want to keep Hazard untill the summer.

Would be an awsome signing if we managed his signature, finally Robben would be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

the_monkey wrote: »
    Exactly, I would say we are in a relegation battle :P !!!

Ah jaysus. :rolleyes: :p

Maybe a 3,4 weeks ago we were in a relegation battle, right now we're ighting to win EVERYTHING we can.

:pac:

Welcome to the forum and hope ya find it a good palce to come and discuss all things Soccer and Chelsea, a few things to remember :

1) Never listen to the_moneky, hes our resident Buzz Killington ( sorry Monkey :pac:

2) There is many different supporters of other clubs that post on here with all different opinions, and its fun to wind them up and have banter, they love it.

3) Always, always remember rule number 1. :P

One more thing ,
    one or two more bargain buys like Mata/Sturridge/Romeu.

Mata wasnt signed for small money but is proving he was worth every penny :P Just nit picking, happy posting.

Ha ha il keep me eye on monkey so
    It__s_Buzz_Killington_by_FortFighter.png

More rumours about Vorm now on our radar and Utds

Would be a good signing if under ten mill but do we need him with TC on loan. Gonna rattle a few cages now by saying Cech has not been good enough for us this season and he will have to step up his game, no more slip ups for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anything with sportsmail in it is usually bogus ;)

hazard to Chelsea signed already - LOL! :D

Ian McGarry @garbosj Close
    Eden Hazard expects an agreement to be reached with #CFC for his transfer this week. Personal terms are close to completion. Fee approx 28m€

This has come out of now where really , I follow a lad on twitter called Millileaks and he was saying this last week , (Supposedly has sources in the club ) but I only gave it a glance and said the usual silly season talk .

But it really gathering momentum now , maybe just maybe we have gone about a bit of business without the world and its auntie being in the know !

Similar style with Mata , the deal was basically done before the story started gathering momentum and eventually broke,

I hear Man U are also in for him with a €30 million bid and supposedly Real , could just be the agent after a new deal !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »

That is probably just a third party agent being naughty.

I can't see Chelsea selling Torres while Drogba is away and in a contract dispute.

If Chelsea were to sell it would only be abroad IMO

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cahills first training session ,

Who is that little fella in between Cahill and Terry at the start of the clip ?

Looks tiny !

• Advertisement

Eden Hazard expects an agreement to be reached with #CFC for his transfer this week. Personal terms are close to completion. Fee approx 28m€

McGarry is a bit hit and miss. Hopefully it's true though! Would be a great signing.

amiable wrote: »

I can't see Chelsea selling Torres while Drogba is away and in a contract dispute.

Sounding out a move by an agent is the likely hood of this story,

Could be unsettling for Torres if he thinks the club want shot of him , not a nice move by Carlo .

The Forest manager Steve Cotterill was only saying yesterday on SSN that agents were offering his players to other clubs/mangers without Forrest being in the know , but the Managers were ringing him to let him know as they dont like this type of carry on.

Johner wrote: »
    McGarry is a bit hit and miss. Hopefully it's true though! Would be a great signing.

McGarry used to have inside info from Lampard as far as I know but that line is supposed to have dried up.

Jamie Dalton on twitter is always mocking McGarry now for his bullsh1t that he makes up lately.

Sounding out a move by an agent is the likely hood of this story,

Could be unsettling for Torres if he thinks the club want shot of him , not a nice move by Carlo .

The Forest manager Steve Cotterill was only saying yesterday on SSN that agents were offering his players to other clubs/mangers without Forrest being in the know , but the Managers were ringing him to let him know as they dont like this type of carry on.
    Exactly. I doubt there's any substance to this story at all.

Torres may go in the summer if his form doesn't improve but i still think it will.
    I think Torres will be in the goals on Saturday and he'll go on a run.

Ha ha il keep me eye on monkey so

More rumours about Vorm now on our radar and Utds

Would be a good signing if under ten mill but do we need him with TC on loan. Gonna rattle a few cages now by saying Cech has not been good enough for us this season and he will have to step up his game, no more slip ups for the rest of the season.

Vorm would be a stop gap and an expensive one at that, he wont replace Cech IMO.

If we wanted a cheap, good 2nd choice we should wait until Wiganget relegated and take Al Habsi.

Cech has been far from his best this season but has saved us a few times also, a Kevin Doyle last minute header away to Wolves spring to mind.

Courtois should be installed as an instant number 2 next year and push Cech all the way with an eye on replacing him in the very near future, if Courtois can prove hes good enough of course.

This has come out of now where really , I follow a lad on twitter called Millileaks and he was saying this last week , (Supposedly has sources in the club ) but I only gave it a glance and said the usual silly season talk .

But it really gathering momentum now , maybe just maybe we have gone about a bit of business without the world and its auntie being in the know !

Similar style with Mata , the deal was basically done before the story started gathering momentum and eventually broke,

I hear Man U are also in for him with a €30 million bid and supposedly Real , could just be the agent after a new deal !

If we did so the Hazard deal like we did with Mata it would be brillant business, no paper talk for weeks before hand and the player just turms up and signs, best way to do it really.

Figure is a bit high but we will have to pay it if we want some of the best talent around.

Dont see it happening either, would leave us with Lukaku and Sturridge upfront with Drogba and Kalou away at the ACN.

If he was to leave, I'd be thinking like you and it wont be to an EPL team, no other team would pay his wages and meet what you would think is a fairly high transfer fee set by Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oh if its McGarry, then it aint gonna happen! :D

Bit strange, why would he move now anyway, surely he would wait til the summer when a bidding war will happen and he will get a lot more money for himself and the club.
    alos he said he wanted to stay and make sure Lille get CL next season

I would love it if true, but sadly theres a lot more reasons why it wont happen this window and even more not us!

• Advertisement

Exactly. I doubt there's any substance to this story at all.

Torres may go in the summer if his form doesn't improve but i still think it will.
    I think Torres will be in the goals on Saturday and he'll go on a run.

Down to the bookie I go , Im never one to turn my nose up to a Tip ,

Torres is 4/1 for first goal with Paddy , and strangely enough 4/1 to score two or more with Paddy , I was hoping to get something better than that !

Betfred and Victor Chandler will give 6/1 , still brutal going on his recent form !

Oh if its McGarry, then it aint gonna happen! :D

Bit strange, why would he move now anyway, surely he would wait til the summer when a bidding war will happen and he will get a lot more money for himself and the club.
    alos he said he wanted to stay and make sure Lille get CL next season

I would love it if true, but sadly theres a lot more reasons why it wont happen this window and even more not us!

theres nothing stopping us agreeing a fee now and him joining us in the Summer. It would be better advied to do it now though as nearly every major club in Europe will be looking at him in the Summer.

If we can steal a march and tie a deal up now it would be a great bit of business.

Down to the bookie I go , Im never one to turn my nose up to a Tip ,

Torres is 4/1 for first goal with Paddy , and strangely enough 4/1 to score two or more with Paddy , I was hoping to get something better than that !

Betfred and Victor Chandler will give 6/1 , still brutal going on his recent form !

If bookies we're to reflect form on prices he'd be in double figures but it would be the one time that they price him low and peolpe will lump on him and he'll bang in a goal or 2 and fleece the bookies.

:pac:

I might go with Torres anytime and Chelsea - 1 see what odds I get.

Sky bet has shortened Hazard to Chelsea odd's from 4/1 to 6/4.

Doesnt reflect much but ya never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Sky bet has shortened Hazard to Chelsea odd's from 4/1 to 6/4.

Doesnt reflect much but ya never know.
    Sky bet would slash the odds on me joining if I put a tenner on it.

• Advertisement

Sky bet would slash the odds on me joining if I put a tenner on it.

True, they're very jumpy when it comes to slashing odds.

Whats the odds on Cahill getting a goal the weekend? Might be a decent outside bet.

Whats the odds on Cahill getting a goal the weekend? Might be a decent outside bet.

20/1 with PP

20/1 with PP

Anytime 13/2.

Norwich is going to be a tough game, they were unlucky not to get a point earlier in the season against us.

Norwich is going to be a tough game, they were unlucky not to get a point earlier in the season against us.[/QUOTE]

True but every one we play lately is tough. This is a game we can and must win. We badly need some convincing wins before we face Utd.

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
    Reports in France say no truth in the "Hazard agrees terms with #CFC" and will stay with #LOSC until season's end

pauledwards1973 Paul Edwards

Did @garbosj(ianmcgarry) just make up his Hazard story to get attention or is he just a massive bellend? Genuinely interested in hearing from him

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
    Reports in France say no truth in the "Hazard agrees terms with #CFC" and will stay with #LOSC until season's end

I actually thought Hazard himself said he would stay with LOSC until the end of the season so that they would qualify for next years UCL

QPR V MK Dons is on Setanta and ITV4 tonight.

I actually thought Hazard himself said he would stay with LOSC until the end of the season so that they would qualify for next years UCL

I think he did too but McGarry was saying earlier he's very close to a Chelsea deal.

He'd be an amazing addition to the Chelsea team IMO.
    I'm sure Real Madrid are watching him too though.

• Advertisement

QPR it is.

QPR it is.

Once we keep 11 men on the field we should beat them and at least be able to put to bed some of the ghosts from that game. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2088209/JohnTerry-relishing-working-Chelseas-Gary-Cahill.html

Chelsea captain Terry relishing linking up with £7m new arrival Cahill

John Terry believes the signing of defender Gary Cahill can help Chelsea get their title challenge back on track
    The England international, aged 26, joined the Blues in a £7million switch from Bolton on Tuesday

And the arrival of Cahill at Stamford Bridge is a welcome boost ahead of a pivotal weekend in the title race.

'First and foremost, he's a great player,' Terry told Sky Sports News.
    'He's established himself in the England side in the last year, so that's great for the football club.
    'He's a really solid defender, he can play left and right foot, he's great in air and is quick as well. He also scores a lot of important goals, which could be key for us over this campaign.

'The manager chops and changes players here and there, so we're expecting that. Whoever plays, we are just strengthening our squad and hopefully securing the future for Chelsea.'
    The top four play each other on Sunday and Chelsea, who have slipped 11 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City, could take advantage if they can beat Norwich.

'We are quietly there. We need results to go our way, obviously, but this weekend could be a really big weekend for us,' he said.

'Spurs go to City and its Man United-Arsenal, so if we can win our game at Norwich, which will be a really tough game for us, we will be creeping in there.'
    Terry, speaking at a benefit dinner for former Charlton defender Jonathan Fortune, also dismissed concerns Chelsea were paying the price for an ageing squad.

He said: 'I think a lot more has been made of it than there really is. When results don't go too well, it's the old guys who bring the team together and go again.
    'The older players in the squad have got a lot to give and when we sign the likes of (Daniel) Sturridge and Cahill, they can learn and improve.'

Anelka & Alex - The truth from behind the scenes
    On 18/01/2012 15:00:00 By MilliLeaks

Nicolas Anelka – Seen as a disruptive element within the team – also considered quite militant in his views as to how the players should be treated by coaching staff and was especially a stickler for player hierarchy. For instance, much like Roy Keane when at Manchester United, Anelka felt that certain junior players needed to earn respect of the senior players and the world at large before larging it up amongst the senior players. A particular ‘junior’ player was mentioned, however, MilliLeaks at this time are unwilling to say who that junior player was.

Anelka also had no problem with telling coaching staff where they were going wrong. As Anelka was now at an age considered the autumn of his career, the management staff felt that cutting Anelka loose in January would be better than waiting until the summer, therefore avoiding another half a season of potential mardy attitude, especially seeing that he was going to get precious little game time.

Alex - Apparently Alex hasn’t been happy at Chelsea for quite some time. This may go back to as far as the Scolari/Hiddink season. Sadly our source has no idea as to what it is that unsettled Alex in the first place, but there are strong indications that due to his patchy fitness Chelsea are more than happy to get rid of a player that doesn’t appear to want to be at the club anyway and has actively sought a move away. We can safely assume this was without the club’s permission judging by the swiftness of the club putting Alex on the transfer list.

AVB isn’t a cold person by nature but he does have a certain businesslike attitude which to those outside may consider aloof, dismissive or just plain disrespectful. But as far as we can ascertain, there was no ‘training ground row’ as such, but both players were seen to be surplus to requirements and their individual personalities may have led to their rather cold departure.

Millileaks - A shining beacon of truth cutting through a fog of deception, lies and Chelsea FC rumour

Interesting article about Anelka and Alex. Shines a new light on things anyway.

Edit : Whats the source of this by the way?

Interesting article about Anelka and Alex. Shines a new light on things anyway.

Edit : Whats the source of this by the way?

http://bluetinted.com/Site/Articles/Articles.aspx?articleid=228

Lad called MilliLeakes , mentioned him last night supposedly has contacts in the club , but it does kinda of explain the way the two lads were basically banished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Welcome to the forum and hope ya find it a good palce to come and discuss all things Soccer and Chelsea, a few things to remember :

1) Never listen to the_monkey, hes our resident Buzz Killington ( sorry Monkey :pac:

2) There is many different supporters of other clubs that post on here with all different opinions, and its fun to wind them up and have banter, they love it.

3) Always, always remember rule number 1. :P

:D haha nice one !!!

Yes it's true I tend to overreact at times, but it is therapy !!

Glad to see the Cahill deal didn't fall through ... pound for pound
    a much better signing then Torres...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

the_monkey wrote: »
    :D haha nice one !!!

Yes it's true I tend to overreact at times, but it is therapy !!

Glad to see the Cahill deal didn't fall through ... pound for pound
    a much better signing then Torres...

Bit early to be saying that really isnt it? First off I wouldnt write Torres just yet if I was a Chelsea fan id be waiting to see what AVB does with the team before I wirte Torres off, as for Cahill you never know if a player coming from a mid table club will be good enough to make the step up unitl after a few months. Plus 7 million for a player you could have for free in 6 months is a bit steep of you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

It'll be worth it if he's the difference in us getting a top four place.
    Plus 7 million for a player you could have for free in 6 months is a bit steep of you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bullpost wrote: »
    It'll be worth it if he's the difference in us getting a top four place.

True to I supposse only time will tell, at least your manager is willing to go spend money to try push for fourth we have Wenger ah sure we have some 19 yr old seventh choice centre back who can play left back :o.

Bit early to be saying that really isnt it? First off I wouldnt write Torres just yet if I was a Chelsea fan id be waiting to see what AVB does with the team before I wirte Torres off, as for Cahill you never know if a player coming from a mid table club will be good enough to make the step up unitl after a few months. Plus 7 million for a player you could have for free in 6 months is a bit steep of you ask me.

The 7 million works out ok in the long run ,

He supposedly wanted €120,000 a week plus bonuses , he got €80,000 a week plus bonuses ,

That a saving of 40K a week over 5 years = 10.4 million ,

I would say he deffo would of looked for the 120,000 and then some as there would be a few clubs in for him at the end of the season.

The 7 million works out ok in the long run ,

He supposedly wanted €120,000 a week plus bonuses , he got €80,000 a week plus bonuses ,

That a saving of 40K a week over 5 years = 10.4 million ,

I would say he deffo would of looked for the 120,000 and then some as there would be a few clubs in for him at the end of the season.

This is the reason we paid £7 Million for him now instead of waiting, less competition at this stage and if he has a good showing at the Euro's it would potentially put more clubs on alert.

Totally agree, we had to buy Cahill now because, if we got him for free in the summer he could of demanded a much higher salary as there would be no purchase fee. We would have a lot more compition for him also playing in the euros.

Next on our hit list i think will be azpil....azpliiia.....azpilla.....ceasar :pac:

Totally agree, we had to buy Cahill now because, if we got him for free in the summer he could of demanded a much higher salary as there would be no purchase fee. We would have a lot more compition for him also playing in the euros.

Next on our hit list i think will be azpil....azpliiia.....azpilla.....ceasar :pac:

No its HAZARD - HE is coming! ;)

No its HAZARD - HE is coming! ;)

there we go folks, official word from Sgt Pepper, I trust him more then most on Twitter / FB.

In Sgt Pepper we trust.

:cool:

• Advertisement

I Know Ian McGarry has a poor rep lately, and i think he is wrong saying a deal has been struck with Hazard. But i hear we are trying to sign Hazard for this window but Lille want to hold on to him till the summer.

Hazard would prefer Madrid but Madrid dont have any need for him, unless they can sell us Di Maria ;).

We are badly in need of a wide player that can play on the left and allow Mata iin behind our strikers.

We are supposed to have mad a bid for De Bruyne but our bid did not meet Genks valuation and we are playing hard ball over the fee. De Bruyne wants to come to us too so this could yet go through before deadline day.

I Know Ian McGarry has a poor rep lately, and i think he is wrong saying a deal has been struck with Hazard. But i hear we are trying to sign Hazard for this window but Lille want to hold on to him till the summer.

Hazard would prefer Madrid but Madrid dont have any need for him, unless they can sell us Di Maria ;).

We are badly in need of a wide player that can play on the left and allow Mata iin behind our strikers.

We are supposed to have mad a bid for De Bruyne but our bid did not meet Genks valuation and we are playing hard ball over the fee. De Bruyne wants to come to us too so this could yet go through before deadline day.
    What formation would this be?

:P

Dont let Sgt Pepper hear ya talk about
    De Bruyne

Hes not a big fan of his. :P

Iid love Di Maria though but
    De Bruyne
    or Hazard would be cheaper to get in transfer fees and wages.

What formation would this be?

4-2-3-1

x

x----x
    x
    x

x----x

x
    x
    x

x

:P

Dont let Sgt Pepper hear ya talk about
    De Bruyne

Hes not a big fan of his. :P

Iid love Di Maria though but
    De Bruyne
    or Hazard would be cheaper to get in transfer fees and wages.

I'm convinced we are doing our best to bring another signing in and one who can play straight away.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement