Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I had not heard that , seems silly could of been dealt with a lot sooner lifting a the cloud from over him.

Sorry, I was wrong.

Part of the reason for the date was a request made by Chelsea CE Ron Gourlay, who stated that a mid season trial would be impractical for chelsea/terry. I'm not sure how involved the defence team were in the push for a july date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It would be , the best thing he could do now is retire , if he gets off then he can come back and slam the FA.

JT is just not a quitter. Once again, England have a good thing and proceed to muck it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Euro's will be done be the time JT goes to trial. He should just walk from international duty now, theres nothing to be gained from going to the Euro's and potentially dividing opinion of the squad, some will believe what JT said and some will believe that hes a racist.

It will be interesting to hear Jt's response to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I obviously back Terry but i'm biased so it makes no difference what I believe, Its in the courts hands now.

Surely even the people who believe Terry is guilty cant agree with what the FA have done?

IMO the FA are only trying to keep all the sponsors happy so they can keep their own pockets full

I believe he's probably guilty but I'm also willing to let the courts decide.

IMO the FA have taken this decision because of the media circus surrounding not because they believe Terry will be found guilty.

Rumours that the FA are unhappy about Bruce Buck asking for the trial to be put back til the summer.

Right, I've decided, we're going to win on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

amiable wrote: »
    I believe he's probably guilty but I'm also willing to let the courts decide.

IMO the FA have taken this decision because of the media circus surrounding not because they believe Terry will be found guilty.

Rumours that the FA are unhappy about Bruce Buck asking for the trial to be put back til the summer.

Could the FA not just of said that their hands were tied until the court had reached its verdict?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I wouldn't be surprised to see Terry score against United this weekend!
    Innocent until proven guilty is the line I'll be following.

AVB admits to not being dictatorial.
    All well and good involving the players in the decisions once in a while but as the saying goes, "too many chiefs and not enough Indians" the camp might not work as efficiently in my opinion.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Could the FA not just of said that their hands were tied until the court had reached its verdict?

I don't think so to be honest.

This could work in Chelsea's favour and create a siege mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Just checked the betting for this game Chelsea 6/4 favs, United 15/8 :confused:

I dont think id risk my money on Chelsea at that price with the way we are playing, im having a small bet on JT 1st scorer 25/1 if he's fit & Torres 5/1

Ollie Holt is saying Terry is considering retiring from International football.

Holt knows him well as he ghost wrote his autobiography

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

To Be fair to Terry it must be exreamly hard to give up on your country, but if it was me id retire today!

As for football im not holding much hope on sunday TBH, id be happy with a draw but its a massive game for us in terms of moral and keeping our CL spot. Will be looking forward to AVBs comments later on:)

I bet Terry won't play on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

JT ruled out for Sunday because of his knee. Another blow for Chelsea.

Barr wrote: »

Huge blow, will probably mean Cahill getting a debut with Luiz at CB and Ivanovic at RB and either Bosingwa or Bertrand at LB.

Told you :p

Told you :p

Ya had the odds stacked in your favour with that guess amiable. :pac:

Carrying an injury and recent troubles didnt exactly help his cause ha.

:p

any chance of the Lotto numbers while your at it ha. :pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    Ya had the odds stacked in your favour with that guess amiable. :pac:

Carrying an injury and recent troubles didnt exactly help his cause ha.

:p

any chance of the Lotto numbers while your at it ha. :pac:
    well there is that plus a couple of journos had just announced that he was out with the knee injury on sunday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Huge blow, will probably mean Cahill getting a debut with Luiz at CB and Ivanovic at RB and either Bosingwa or Bertrand at LB.

Big Game for Cahill if he starts. Hope he will cope when Luiz and Bos go missing upfield:D

Big Game for Cahill if he starts. Hope he will cope when Luiz and Bos go missing upfield:D

Essien will cover EVERYWHERE.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Essien will cover EVERYWHERE.

:P

Even though he usually dominates against us I have a serious man crush on Essien. He's had a torrid time with injuries the past few years but at his best he was the most complete central midfielder in the Premier League imo.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Even though he usually dominates against us I have a serious man crush on Essien. He's had a torrid time with injuries the past few years but at his best he was the most complete central midfielder in the Premier League imo.

Its been about 2 years since hes been the best in the league, I agree.

When he came back last year from the injury I think he socred 3 goals in 5 games or something and then a few months later got injured again.

Really huge lose for us when hes out because before Ramires, he set our tempo and was a real driving force from CM for us.

Hopefully he can remain injury free until the end of the season and offer us something in the process.

Its a real pity he has such a poor injury record, the man could have been a legend for us. Two years ago he was an absolute monster in midfield and literlly could play any were. Even though he has just returned from a long time out we are already seen glimps of what he can do. I just hope the essien train builds up speed for the closing end of the season.

What beast of a player!

Poor oul Terry, wonder now will cahil make a baptism of fire against Utd.
    Would love a win any witch way it comes, we cannot afford to lose all 3 points in this game. remember when the bridge was a fortress...seems like it was decades ago now :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner ,

something to keep in mind for your travels this weekend ,

191247.png191248.png

Issued at - 03 Feb 2012, 12:07
    Valid from - 04 Feb 2012, 12:00
    Valid to - 04 Feb 2012, 23:59

A band of wet weather over Northern Ireland and western Scotland early Saturday will move slowly east and southeastwards across the United Kingdom during the day. As it does so it will readily turn to sleet and snow away from western and southwestern coastal areas giving accumulations of 2-5cm in places and 5-10cm widely in the amber warning area. The snow is expected to turn to rain over some northwestern areas later. As skies then clear in this area after dark, icy patches will develop. The public are advised that this is likely to lead to some travel disruption, and it is recommended to keep up to date with forecasts as the event approaches.

Issued at - 03 Feb 2012, 12:21
    Valid from - 05 Feb 2012, 00:00
    Valid to - 05 Feb 2012, 12:00

A band of snow over eastern parts of England, with accumulations of 5-10cm widely, will slowly clear eastwards, turning generally lighter and to rain as it does so. Behind this, clearing skies may lead to widespread icy patches forming. The public are advised that this is likely to lead to some travel disruption and to keep up to date with forecasts as the event approaches.

The public is advised to take extra care, further information and advice can be found here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/links.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Vote for your left back!

"With Ashley Cole suspended, a decision is yet to be made on who will play left-back but it will be between Ryan Bertrand and Jose Bosingwa. "

JT is def out and Lamps faces a late test

• Advertisement

I have to say, AVB’s project at Chelsea has been disappointing thus far. At least Carlo would give some time to youngsters.

AVB will attempt to play it safe and play Bosingwa as LB.

Mark my words. We will get destroyed either side.

If I was Bertrand and seen some make shift left back being picked over me, I’d hand in a transfer request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

thebison wrote: »

Fair enough he talks some sense there, but claiming that having Terry at the euros could be the difference between England winning something and not winning something is a little OTT. IMO he is not that important to the team.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Vote for your left back!

"With Ashley Cole suspended, a decision is yet to be made on who will play left-back but it will be between Ryan Bertrand and Jose Bosingwa. "

JT is def out and Lamps faces a late test

Hopefully Bertrand gets it , and Lamps does not make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It has to be Bertrand but it probably won't. His first team experience at Chelsea is limited but he has played over 100 games for clubs on loan and has caps at every level up to U21 for England, obviously this is a different and way tougher test but Bosingwa isn't a good right back so dreading him at left back.

Hopefully he can remain injury free until the end of the season and offer us something in the process.

You'll forgive me if I wish that he takes the rest of the season to get back up to speed ;)

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Fair enough he talks some sense there, but claiming that having Terry at the euros could be the difference between England winning something and not winning something is a little OTT. IMO he is not that important to the team.

Agree. Forgot to include that point in the original post.

I have to say, AVB’s project at Chelsea has been disappointing thus far. At least Carlo would give some time to youngsters.

If I was Bertrand and seen some make shift left back being picked over me, I’d hand in a transfer request

I thought that was a criticism of Ancellotti last season. Didn't he come out at one stage last season and say the youngsters wouldn't be just thrown in to the team?

KingdomYid wrote: »

I disagree

When did he do that?

AVB has given Danny his chance and Romeu. Carlo never started any youngsters that I recall except in the carling cup. He gave Josh a few goes off the bench but I dont remember him starting any youngsters in the league

Johner wrote: »
    It has to be Bertrand but it probably won't. His first team experience at Chelsea is limited but he has played over 100 games for clubs on loan and has caps at every level up to U21 for England, obviously this is a different and way tougher test but Bosingwa isn't a good right back so dreading him at left back.

Bertrand please!

I would be happy enough if it comes out like this !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16852847
    Nottingham Forest chairman Frank Clark fears their failure to fend off Chelsea's interest in £1.5m striker Patrick Bamford is a worrying sign of how the footballing landscape has changed.
    The Grantham-born teenager had been with Forest's youth set-up from the age of eight and had only played 12 minutes of first-team football.
    But a series of eye-catching displays in the FA Youth Cup tempted the Premier League giants to splash out for the 18-year-old's services.
    Although Clark fully understands Bamford's decision, the former Forest boss says it is a shame the much-coveted striker moved on before he had the chance to shine at the City Ground.
    PATRICK BAMFORD
    Born in Grantham, Lincolnshire but lives in Newark, Nottinghamshire

Joined the City Ground Academy at the age of eight

Made his debut for the England Under-18s side in November 2010 and had previously represented the Republic of Ireland at U-18 level

Has only played 12 minutes for Nottingham Forest in the Championship

Can play on the left wing or in attack

And given Forest's current predicament, which sees Steve Cotterill's side second from bottom in the Championship table and four points adrift of safety, the timing of the move could hardly have been worse for supporters.
    "I'm disappointed I'm not going to see Patrick develop in a Nottingham Forest shirt over the next two years," Clark told BBC Radio Nottingham .
    "We used to be able to hang on to players for a couple of years into the first team - Michael Dawson, Andy Reid , Marlon Harewood, Jermaine Jenas - people like that - before the big clubs came in.
    "But now the real big clubs are paying fortunes for kids of 13, 14, 15, 16. They are not prepared to wait. It's getting more and more difficult for clubs like ourselves to hang on to the really talented players."
    Bamford has only made two brief first-team appearances, his debut coming as a substitute on the last day of 2011 against Cardiff City .
    But he scored four goals in the 5-1 FA Cup Youth win at Southampton and five in the previous round - a 9-1 hammering of Wigan Athletic - and that prompted Chelsea to lure him to Stamford Bridge on a five-year contract.
    Continue reading the main story

My only worry is that I'm an Arsenal fan and he's gone to Chelsea

Kevin Fear
    Nottingham High School for Boys headmaster
    Bamford's progress is even more remarkable considering he went to the independent Nottingham High School where football has to wait until the sixth form.
    Head of PE Martin Smith told BBC Sport: "We're very much a rugby school.
    "He was a talented sportsman when he joined but not exceptional. He certainly wasn't one of the stars. He played full-back mostly, every Saturday until the end of Year 10.
    "At that stage he was training for Forest Saturdays and midweek. Speaking to his dad, the rugby stood him in good stead for football and toughened him up. As I remember he wasn't the strongest tackler.
    "We adapted his timetable so that he could train with Forest. We made every effort to accommodate him.
    "Quite a buzz went around the school when the news broke (of his transfer to Chelsea) and we'll follow his career carefully."
    Headmaster Kevin Fear added: "It's really quite unusual for someone from an independent school to make it in the world of football.
    "In the sixth form we allowed him to train with Forest and do his A-levels. He's a very bright lad.
    "He did French, History, Biology and General Studies and got a good set of A-Level results.
    "Patrick could have gone to university but decided to concentrate on his football.
    "He's a lovely lad we are very proud of what he has achieved. He deserves to be successful.
    "My only worry is that I'm an Arsenal fan and he's gone to Chelsea."
    Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Bamford was out of contract in the summer but been offered the most lucrative deal ever tabled by Forest for a player his age.
    Clark insists the club did all they could to keep the free-scoring forward.
    "It was a really difficult decision for us," he added. "The club had been negotiating with Patrick's father and his agent since the start of the season.
    "Steve Cotterill saw him play in the reserves and immediately moved him up to start training with the first team. I had a meeting with his agent and his father and didn't get anywhere.
    "When Patrick made the first-team appearance we immediately offered him a much-improved contract - the best contract that's ever been offered to an 18-year-old at this club.
    "Then he gave two outstanding displays in the two Youth Cup games. So we redoubled our efforts to get him to sign this contract to no avail.

"And then we get this offer from Chelsea. Patrick and his father wanted the opportunity to go and speak to Chelsea. We took the decision that we'd have do that and ride it out and see what happens, hoping that he wouldn't go.
    "We hoped that Patrick would get down to Chelsea and think 'I'd rather stay in Newark with all my friends and I'd rather stay at Nottingham Forest with all my friends' but obviously I can understand.
    "The deal's done and the money is there. Hopefully Steve will be able to use it in the summer and restructure the club. The full lot has been paid up front. There's add-ons, sell-ons."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I would be happy enough if it comes out like this !

So unrealistic! Torres scored. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    So unrealistic! Torres scored. :pac:

You should see him in Football Manager 2012!

You should see him in Football Manager 2012!

He plays brillantly upfront if ya partner him with Messi :pac:

• Advertisement

You'll forgive me if I wish that he takes the rest of the season to get back up to speed ;)

I'll just leave this here :pac:

For me id like to see Bertrand start, he needs more time and id like us to take a chance on him. Having said that i would like to see Malouda infront of him to protect him(as much as i hate to see Malouda starting:mad:).

I think we will need Lamps as he is our top goal scorer and makes the runs into the box unlike 95% of the rest of the squad.

what a day wrote: »
    For me id like to see Bertrand start, he needs more time and id like us to take a chance on him. Having said that i would like to see Malouda infront of him to protect him(as much as i hate to see Malouda starting:mad:).

I think we will need Lamps as he is our top goal scorer and makes the runs into the box unlike 95% of the rest of the squad.

It would be just like Lamps to score another EPL goal this Sunday and take his tally to 10 for the season.

Absolute legend of a man for this club, no other CM scores the amount of goals he does, no one.

Ya can have ye're Gerrards and Scholes but I'd take Lamps every single day.

Twice on matchdays.

;)

I'll just leave this here :pac:

You've made a powerful enemy today my friend.

You've made a powerful enemy today my friend.

:eek: :D

Ah ye won 5-3 earlier in the season cant ya take that and get over the point we robbed through that strike, thus keeping intact our unbeaten home record?

/ Searches for more videos of Arsenal loses to Chelsea.

:pac:

It would be just like Lamps to score another EPL goal this Sunday and take his tally to 10 for the season.

Absolute legend of a man for this club, no other CM scores the amount of goals he does, no one.

Ya can have ye're Gerrards and Scholes but I'd take Lamps every single day.

Twice on matchdays.

;)

I wish i could thank more than once!!

A living legend indeed, no one even comes close. If Lamps played for Man Utd or Liverpool he would be hailed as one of the best english midfilders of all time. What a player!!

I still think he gets recognised by his peers as a top quality player.

Sometimes players are hyped up to much byt he English media but I think Lamps is in a small group of players, especially from England, that can justify all the praise he gets.

I still think he gets recognised by his peers as a top quality player.

Sometimes players are hyped up to much byt he English media but I think Lamps is in a small group of players, especially from England, that can justify all the praise he gets.

Wonder could he be a captain for England instead of Terry :rolleyes: :D

You often hear the genius of scholes or Rooney but i think Lamps gets a lot of stick because he does not score enough goals for england, must check out his stats for england actually.

what a day wrote: »
    Wonder could he be a captain for England instead of Terry :rolleyes: :D

You often hear the genius of scholes or Rooney but i think Lamps gets a lot of stick because he does not score enough goals for england, must check out his stats for england actually.

Hes got a goal in every 4 games for England.

90 caps
    23 goals

Decent return really.

• Advertisement

Hes got a goal in every 4 games for England.

90 caps
    23 goals

Decent return really.

Can you compair them stats to Gerards and Scholes??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement