Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8607008/Benfica-defender-Fabio-Coentrao-tops-Andre-Villas-Boas-Chelsea-shopping-list.html

Hopefully PVB is looking at him as a left winger, rather than left back. Otherwise PVA or Betrand will be off. PVA has already said that Chelsea had better not sign anyone else in his position or he'd be off, when he signed a new contract.

I'm hopeful Ashley Cole sticks with the Blues for another season min, but if he were to leave, I'd rather see the youth being given a chance to shine personally.
    If Coentrao is being looked at as a wide man, happy days, but spend the money on a wide player, I think that's our weakest position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

amiable wrote: »
    Looks like Paul Clement is on his way to Liverpool according to The Times

LOL - Stevie Clarke is being reported as assistant manager
    Quite the little chelsea connection going on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Hey lads, was just on to a betting company there talking about one of their offers but it excluded Irish people and were showing me another off I mite be interested in. Which I wasn't (as a utd fan). However some of you guys might be.

You have to sign up with this betting company and bet £30. They then email you an activation code which you can use to get Chelsea TV for 1 year as long as you are not an exisiting customer.

Read the terms and conditions to make sure you do everything correctly.

Here's the link http://www.188promo.com/chelseatv/terms.php

Note: Deadline is midnight on Thursday 30th June

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Hey lads, was just on to a betting company there talking about one of their offers but it excluded Irish people and were showing me another off I mite be interested in. Which I wasn't (as a utd fan). However some of you guys might be.

You have to sign up with this betting company and bet £30. They then email you an activation code which you can use to get Chelsea TV for 1 year as long as you are not an exisiting customer.

Read the terms and conditions to make sure you do everything correctly.

Here's the link http://www.188promo.com/chelseatv/terms.php

Note: Deadline is midnight on Thursday 30th June

I think its online Chelsea TV not SKY , not too bad a deal still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seaneh wrote: »

Pastore reminds me of Kaka when he first joined Milan.
    He's big, quick, smart and can do something magic at any time. Extremely hard to get off the ball and rides the tackles very well.

If Milan had a choice of the two, I'd take Pastore in a heartbeat.

I'd rate Pastore as better than Modric and Modric as better than Sanchez.

This is the main part for me. I'd have Pastore every day of the week but depends on the price,for me hes worth 30 million all day long but when Palermo suggest figures of 50 Million I laugh a little, sure they want the best price but thats crzy figures.

( In before anyone mentions Torres )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    This is the main part for me. I'd have Pastore every day of the week but depends on the price,for me hes worth 30 million all day long but when Palermo suggest figures of 50 Million I laugh a little, sure they want the best price but thats crzy figures.

I think Palermo were doing the same last summer with Simon Kjaer.
    Quoting crazy fees and eventually moved to Wolfsburg for less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

how much did we supposedly offer a few weeks back? or was that bull

I think Palermo were doing the same last summer with Simon Kjaer.
    Quoting crazy fees and eventually moved to Wolfsburg for less

Ya cant complian that they are looking for the best price for their player but some of the figures quoted are crazy.
    brmccfc wrote: »

I think, and I could be worng but there was figures of in and arund 35 Million mentioned, but Im open to correction on the figures.

brmccfc wrote: »

I dont think anyone has made an offer for him and that he is panicking.
    Certainly Modric is/was above him in our preference.

If he's so good, hope come Barca havent gone for him?
    Its all self promoting to me.

They reckon that barca's deal for Fab is almost done at 35 million.
    So can they afford Sanchez? It also means that Nasri would possibly stay and be the main man at Arsenal

I dont think anyone has made an offer for him and that he is panicking.
    Certainly Modric is/was above him in our preference.

If he's so good, hope come Barca havent gone for him?
    Its all self promoting to me.

They reckon that barca's deal for Fab is almost done at 35 million.
    So can they afford Sanchez? It also means that Nasri would possibly stay and be the main man at Arsenal

I probably should have stated those figures came out from Palermo, but it seems everyone is bidding for him when in truth it looks like its all down to Palermo trying to get the best price for there player.

Barca dont need him, they dont really need a Kaka or Zidane type player, they went for Cesc to do the Xavi role of more of a central midfielder that goes forward and supports the front 3, a player like Pastore woudl be to lost in a CM position and he wouldnt be as effective as a support striker like Messi / Pedro / Bojan. Thats what I reckon anyway.

If and when Barca get Cesc you just never know will they keep spending and get Sanchez. I dont know how they get the money together for those deals. The new UEFA F.F.P. rules could really shaft Barca but I can imagine UEFA bending the rules a bit for them if it comes down to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea have signed Barcalona youngster Etock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Was he released by Barca?

Found this on a Barca forum about him.

Gael ETOCK currently plays for Juvenil A team.
    Born: 5.07.1993.

FC Barcelona could have secured the goalscorer for many years with Gael Etock. The player is only 15 years old, but already takes giant steps.
    This weekend he made his debut with the Juvenil team. Gael played against guys three years older than him, and scored one of the four goals for Blaugrana.

Attachment 388

Gael is a footballer mentored by 'Samuel Eto'o Foundation' and is on track to break molds, along with his compatriot, also from Cameroon, Armand Ella.

Etock has marked this season in three different Barca categories, the Cadete A, Juvenil B and Juvenil A
    His representative, Mesalles also emphasizes that the young striker resembles Samuel Eto "for his big heart and all of his money he gives to his family in Cameroon. "

Etock is a big, fast and very agile in the opposition box, much like Eto'o. He could very well be the future replacement for Samuel, who is is maybe counting his last months in FC Barcelona shirt.

His goal on Sunday with the youth was a relief for Etock and two
    previously failed and told Barca TV, said "these errors left me worried. I was a bit nervous and was afraid that if I do not mark a goal, the coach will sub me."

The FC Barcelona youngster usually trains with Juvenil B, who are runned by manager Javi Garcia Pimienta. Etock resides in La Masia, where he is guided to integrate with both the group and his new country.

Chelsea have signed Barcalona youngster Etock

F**k. :eek:

How did that happen??

Could be a steal for us.

F**k. :eek:

How did that happen??

Could be a steal for us.

Dongou generally considered better. That seems to have played a part in Etock leaving, Dongou getting better chances.
    He was either release or his contract was up and he decided he would be better off elsewhere, plus knowing us, we turned up with a wheelbarrow of cash!

Dongou generally considered better. That seems to have played a part in Etock leaving, Dongou getting better chances.
    He was either release or his contract was up and he decided he would be better off elsewhere, plus knowing us, we turned up with a wheelbarrow of cash!

Well given our record of snappng up young talent and wating money on them he could very well be on his way to rubbish heap, time will tell.

But as far as I'm concerned, we dont need Lukaku, Falcao or Aguero, we have Etock. :cool: :pac:

Straight on loan to Sporting Lisbon, that will be a good loan for him.

Johner wrote: »
    Straight on loan to Sporting Lisbon, that will be a good loan for him.

Better then going to Vitesse anyway.

Could be a great move for all involved.

• Advertisement

I have no links to back this up, but there are rumours on twitter that Zola is set to be the new sporting director :)
    Get in!

Emenalo was nowhere to be seen at the press conference was he?

I have no links to back this up, but there are rumours on twitter that Zola is set to be the new sporting director :)
    Get in!

Emenalo was nowhere to be seen at the press conference was he?

If that was true we would have one of the youngest managerial structures in place anywhere.

It would be sweet.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm only after spotting this story on the official website, Villas Boas saying he is in no rush to get stuck into the transfer market.
    Apologies if its already been posted!

MUSEIST wrote: »
    But not since john terry have chelsea had a good enough youth player to break through. Chelseas youth structures are only a few years old and as of yet we have not had a single player good enough coming through.

The best player is maceachran who has already played champions league football for chelsea at 17/18 which is amazing. If a player is good enough they will make it a chelsea, no doubt, but so far chelsea have not produced good enough youngsters like barca so as a result its not suprising that none have broken through but if a good enough talent comes along then they will easily be given an opertunity at chelsea, but they have to be good enough or there is no point.

I just quoted this from the Barca thread as I don't want to clog up that thread but I agree with this completely. I honestly believe if the player is good enough they will make it here. It's true though that we haven't given youth enough of a chance but to be honest who has came through that would have been good enough for Chelsea that we let slip through? Not many.

As you said McEachran has played Champions League football and made 17 appearances last season, that's not bad for a kid who just turned 18 recently.

We should throw in a bid for Nasri, straight swap for Kalou. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

sammatterface Sam Matterface
    #cfc Jeffrey Bruma has signed with Hamburg on a one-year loan deal, with the option of another year.

I've never seen him play tbh but I'm sure most of you know more about him.

• Advertisement

eugeneious wrote: »
    sammatterface Sam Matterface

I've never seen him play tbh but I'm sure most of you know more about him.

The 2 years was a bit strange, hopefully we can recall him after the first year which it seems we can do. He would be a good squad member for us even at this time but a loan at a club like Hamburg can only be good for him but I hope he does so well there that we call him back after the first year.

papagormo wrote: »
    I'm only after spotting this story on the official website, Villas Boas saying he is in no rush to get stuck into the transfer market.
    Apologies if its already been posted!

Yeah well, saying and doing are 2 different things! ;)
    I've been getting more and more impressed with Gourlay.
    Mainly because we have stopped broadcasting our transfers and have learned to keep quiet.
    No one saw PVB coming and Roberto was a masterstroke.
    And at last no more glory seekers like Kenyon.

Who knows what the club is really upto?

Bruma confirmed btw

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2384576,00.html

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    Nathaniel Chalobah captains England in tonight's #U17WC tie against Argentina in a very wet Torreon. Live on Eurosport 2 right now.

Apparently signed a pro contract with CFC too.

Gone to penos, absolutely lashing there.

• Advertisement

Chalobah scores the winning penalty, lovely finish. Has a great game as well. The Sunderland keeper made two great stops in the shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Chalobah scores the winning penalty, lovely finish. Has a great game as well. The Sunderland keeper made two great stops in the shootout.
    Probably best player out there too so well deserved by him

Probably best player out there too so well deserved by him

After McEachran I would say he has the best chance of making it at Chelsea, looks a class act, still very young though at 16.

TheChelsOrg TheChels.Org
    by bridgeviews
    Rumours abound that Gianfranco Zola is to be named sporting director tomorrow. #Chelsea #CFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

TheChelsOrg TheChels.Org
    by bridgeviews
    Rumours abound that Gianfranco Zola is to be named sporting director tomorrow. #Chelsea #CFC

dont see it happening but if it did I would be delighted, our club would be filled with young ambitious managers including some who actually care about the club and I think zola would be excellent at attracting players to the club (especially young players) as would be the job in the dof role.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

MUSEIST wrote: »
    dont see it happening but if it did I would be delighted, our club would be filled with young ambitious managers including some who actually care about the club and I think zola would be excellent at attracting players to the club (especially young players) as would be the job in the dof role.

I would be 'over the moon' with the management set-up IF it turns out to be true. But, I feel its not enough hands-on of a role for him (though its a role not yet defined). Thought he'd have been ideal in the Dimo role .... but maybe he'll have major role with the youth coming through. Thank you Roman!

We should throw in a bid for Nasri, straight swap for Kalou. :D

Ha as much as this is a laugh, I'd love if we threw in a sneaky bid, 10 Million and Kalou would be brillant. If anything, just to upset the potetinal bids from City and United :P

Didnt Drogba and Malouda talk about starting a band maye last season or the season before for charity work and the like?

Maybe they could headline Romans new club Malouda on Drums, Drogba on Bass, Luiz on Lead guitar ( he looks like he could rock out ) and Torres as the moody lead singer. :P

Great band line up. :pac:

• Advertisement

Didnt Drogba and Malouda talk about starting a band maye last season or the season before for charity work and the like?

Maybe they could headline Romans new club Malouda on Drums, Drogba on Bass, Luiz on Lead guitar ( he looks like he could rock out ) and Torres as the moody lead singer. :P

Great band line up. :pac:

Here we go :

0,,10268~9330416,00.jpg

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Ha as much as this is a laugh, I'd love if we threw in a sneaky bid, 10 Million and Kalou would be brillant. If anything, just to upset the potetinal bids from City and United :P

I'd love if we did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will Sturridge be allowed to leave this summer if a substantial bid comes in lads? Any chance of a loan being allowed either?

I don't think we will sell him, he deserves his shot and hopefully Villas Boas will give it to him. Another loan might be possible but I don't really think Sturridge would be up for that. He's had his loan and proved himself to be able to score goals in the Premier League.

Paully D wrote: »
    Will Sturridge be allowed to leave this summer if a substantial bid comes in lads? Any chance of a loan being allowed either?

We've apparently slapped a 20 Million price on him as Stoke tried to offer 4 mill or something!

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/07/01/chelsea-are-pricing-daniel-sturridge-out-of-a-move-from-stamford/

Good move Chelsea!

If Welbeck is worth 12-15 million then 20 is fair for Sturridge.

Looks like Jack Cork is off to Southampton. Wish him well there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We elected a new mayor in Galway in the past week. She looks scarily like Fernando Torres...

8343_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    We elected a new mayor in Galway in the past week. She looks scarily like Fernando Torres...

8343_thumb.jpg

Has to be a photoshop.....surely :eek:

Jaysus, sign her up, she might find the net next year more then Nando :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement