Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

wow - that was ****!
    Players - coach - coach - players

who knows at this stage?

Its so bad its almost funny... almost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

AVB to be sacked in the tunnel at halftime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jose will be done in Madrid this summer does anyone really think he could come back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I doubt it very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Regardless of what's going on right now, the 'fans' chanting Mourinho should be ashamed of themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

mike65 wrote: »
    Jose will be done in Madrid this summer does anyone really think he could come back?

Not unless hes made the highest paid in the world by a mile and Abramovich agrees 100% to keep his nose out. I can see the first part, but the owner has proved time and again, he can't help himself and buys players the managers don't want as well as sticking his oar in generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Essien wrote: »
    Regardless of what's going on right now, the 'fans' chanting Mourinho should be ashamed of themselves
    It the Birmingham fans chanting his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shocking so far, everything is so slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm pretty sure I heard chants of 'sacked in the morning' going off at the same time as the Mourinho ones, that suggests to me 2 sets of fans were singing. Anyway, why would Brum fans chant Mourinho?

Guardiola might be available ;)

Back to the match
    Looks like we've learned nothing - changed nothing after all the talks, its the same players in the same system and why the heck hasnt he learnt it wasnt working and to try something different?
    Danny upfront instead of Torres?
    4-4-2
    anything???
    And again he started Mikel though - he might as well started a breeze block instead

• Advertisement

From BBC
    1315 : A chant of Jose Mourinho's name goes round Stamford Bridge and it gathers a fair bit of momentum before dying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Birmingham fans were chanting 'You're getting sacked in the morning.'.

Drogba on for Torres - so the player bought to replace Drogba is replaced by himself!!!

Only at Chelsea - we are a very strange club indeed:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

mike65 wrote: »

Not after the way he left (all those rows with Abramovich). Plus, Abram was down lecturing the players during the week, nothings changed at the Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Drogba on for Torres - so the player bought to replace Drogba is replaced by himself!!!

Proof positive that Torres hasn't worked at Chelsea. He'll be gone in the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That's just not possible.:pac:

Think that says all it needs to about how AVB rates Torres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

They can go on and on about their 'Project' as much as they want but i reckon if they lose this AVB could be out on his ear.

Project to be saved, Kalou warming up.

Funny goal that

Mata was central and Danny was upfront
    Good cross in

Bells ringing now AVB??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We'll take it....get in Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

jcf wrote: »
    AVB to be sacked in the tunnel at halftime

I just can't get my head around this. Was Ancelotti literally sacked in the tunnel. I mean what do you say to the chap 'Empty your locker on your way out, you won't be needed tomorrow'

Seems a bit crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Torres notched up 1300 minutes without a goal today.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just can't get my head around this. Was Ancelotti literally sacked in the tunnel. I mean what do you say to the chap 'Empty your locker on your way out, you won't be needed tomorrow'

Seems a bit crap.

Its more of a "we'll send your things on "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

mike65 notched up 71242 useless posts today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Why take Mata off? So infuriating to watch... would have much preferred to see Lamps on for Meireles.

oh look, Mata off and suddenly we cant keep the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lampard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Terrible really. But its what we'rr used too at this stahe unfortunatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Takes Mata off with 10 minutes to go. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Rubbish , would rather we lost - at least it would get the sacking of AVB done with ...

jcf wrote: »
    Rubbish , would rather we lost - at least it would get the sacking of AVB done with ...

Jeez, top fan :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Chelsea's season is on the verge of implosion. A bad performance against Napoli and that could be curtains for AVB.

With Hiddink out of the picture, the only immediately available high profile candidate has to be Capello (if he's interested). At this rate there's no way RA is going to wait until the end of the season for Mourinho.

It wouldn't surprise me if RA is actually negotiating with Capello behind the scenes as we speak.

Were they saying Boo or Boo-urns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Sky sports just pointing out that Guardiola still hasnt signed a new contract

I reckon he is a very real target for Roman

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) -- Pep Guardiola still hasn't decided whether he wants to continue coaching Barcelona beyond this season.
    The 41-year-old Guardiola, who has won 13 out of a possible 16 titles since taking over the European champions nearly four seasons ago, said he would like to have made a decision already but he remains uncertain.
    "I would have liked to have made my decision earlier but it still isn't clear to me,'' Guardiola said Saturday. "It's a personal question. I need to find the motivation to continue and it still isn't clear.''
    Guardiola had signed consecutive one-year extensions after initially agreeing to a two-year deal to start the 2008-09 season.
    Barcelona has reached the Copa del Rey final and is poised to reach the Champions League quarterfinals, but the three-time defending Spanish champions trail league leader Real Madrid by 10 points.
    Guardiola's position has become a distraction for Barcelona since he had agreed to extensions by this stage of the season in the past two years. Guardiola said the Catalan club had not issued any ultimatums to him about making the decision.
    "Right now I prefer to take a little more time. I don't want to say yet, I need to feel certain,'' the former Barcelona player said. "If people respect that, great, if not, too bad. This is the situation there is, I've already answered many questions about it and I have nothing else to say.''
    Barcelona goes into Sunday's match against Valencia on the heels of only its second loss of the season, at Osasuna. It won 3-1 at Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League on Tuesday but this season has been more complicated for Guardiola with midfielders Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta having been sidelined by injury. Guardiola benched defender Gerard Pique on Wednesday in Germany.
    Since Guardiola's arrival, Barcelona has won three straight Spanish leagues, two Champions Leagues, two Club World Cups, two European Super Cups, three Spanish Supercups and a Copa del Rey.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/02/18/guardiola.barca.ap/index.html#ixzz1mkBhbNnA

• Advertisement

In a pre-match piece the Telegraph intimates that AVB still has the backing of RA. However, poor results against Birmingham (one down) and Napoli could see RA go for an interim manager. A name they tout is Benitez.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9090196/Chelseas-senior-players-Frank-Lampard-Didier-Drogba-and-Florent-Malouda-likely-to-go-in-Andre-Villas-Boas-clearout.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'm surprised by people's reaction on here, have we not learnt anything this season ? CHELSEA ARE **** it's that simple, i think we will be hammered on Tuesday night, really not looking forward to watching it

Sky sports just pointing out that Guardiola still hasnt signed a new contract

I reckon he is a very real target for Roman
    Interesting one. Timing is everything. Barca have effectively surrendered the Liga. If they don't win the Champs League, Guardiola may feel the team is coming off its peak. And even if they did win, 3 titles would be an incredible legacy and calling card for a next move. Question is would he be interested in Chelsea, or likelier to go to a more stable MU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Essien wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I heard chants of 'sacked in the morning' going off at the same time as the Mourinho ones, that suggests to me 2 sets of fans were singing. Anyway, why would Brum fans chant Mourinho?
    It's the way Henry Winter reported it he said it was definitely Birmingham fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I really don't see the point in playing Merieles, he offers nothing, our build up play is so slow, we were shocking in first half, improved a little bit in second.
    Not looking forward to Tues.:mad:
    Drogba was more a threat than Torres, actually I'd prob be more of a threat.:)
    the only plus great to see Rambo back

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in playing Merieles, he offers nothing, our build up play is so slow, we were shocking in first half, improved a little bit in second.
    Not looking forward to Tues.:mad:
    Drogba was more a threat than Torres, actually I'd prob be more of a threat.:)
    the only plus great to see Rambo back

Needs to drop Merieles, Torres, Luiz and Mikel
    I dont think Torres will start again for the rest of the season, barring injuries

How do people think Bertrand did?
    Didnt seem to make much of an impression , not good not bad - just like the team so- so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Were they saying Boo or Boo-urns?

I'm sure they were saying 'Boo-as'.

From the Guardian:
    Not yet mortally wounded André Villas-Boas limps on with his disjointed and disgruntled band of Chelsea players to Napoli in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/18/chelsea-birmingham-city-fa-cup?newsfeed=true

I dont think Torres will start again for the rest of the season, barring injuries
    Torres' contribution to the rest of the season will be aimed at trying to protect his resale value come May. At this stage he can't have any more real value to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

McDave wrote: »
    Torres' contribution to the rest of the season will be aimed at trying to protect his resale value come May. At this stage he can't have any more real value to Chelsea.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e7c80640-5788-11e1-869b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1mkImDTDZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Needs to drop Merieles, Torres, Luiz and Mikel

How do people think Bertrand did?
    Didnt seem to make much of an impression , not good not bad - just like the team so- so

I think Luiz is starting to find his feet now, he played well today. Bertrand done well but he needs to do better if he wants to try get in ahead of Ashley Cole. Drogba was non existent bar the first 5 mins of the second half.

I didn't think Birmingham played that good today it was more Chelsea playing bad, everything was just so slow, the one time we actually played with some speed it resulted in the goal.

I don't agree with sacking AVB so soon but he's choice of substitutions are very suspect, why bother putting lampard on with 10 mins to go and taking Mata off ? I thought he should of put drogba out wide and Danny through the middle for at least some of the game it would of gave us a different option, all in all it's looking like its gonna be a long few weeks for CFC, we need a run of wins quick or else AVB is getting the boot. Gourlay and Buck looked sick as pigs at the end

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jeez, top fan :o

But it's inevitable

amiable wrote: »
    From that article!
    You’ve been bought by a big club for a big fee. Your job is to score goals. One game passes, two, three, four and you haven’t scored. Five, six: still nothing. The goalposts seem to get narrower every game. Your coach comes up to you and says he has total faith in you, which is worse, because now you know that he knows you’re playing crap. You play at an away stadium and the rival fans sing, ‘What a waste of money!’ and the awful thing is that you suspect they are right.
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/e7c80640-5788-11e1-869b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1mkPMJwDw

Carlin (the journo) attributes Torres' decline to his knee injury in January 2010. Everyone knows he was awful during the WC later that year.

It's probably as simple as that in top level terms he's a crock. And we got suckered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As a Liverpool fan I never though I'd say it but I really do feel for Torres now. I can't think of any other footballer who has suffered such a massive drop in form over such an extended period now. The signs were there that something was amiss towards the end of his time at Anfield but he still looked dangerous, but now I wouldn't be surprised if he were to retire from the game altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There's no way Del Bosque can pick Torres for the Euros this Summer. That's going to hurt and I do pity him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement