Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    I'd love if we did!

I'd love if we signed Nasri, but I think i seen somewhere saying he hated been played wide and preferred the central attacking slot in midfield.

Surely if he came here he'd be pushed wide?

Still, be great to take a Gunner and take a potetinal target from the Mancs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    Has to be a photoshop.....surely :eek:

Jaysus, sign her up, she might find the net next year more then Nando :pac:
    I can confirm thats 100% her.
    She's a teacher AFAIK

amiable wrote: »
    I can confirm thats 100% her.
    She's a teacher AFAIK

So all the mocking of Torres looking like a girl is now confirmed.

:D

Brillant. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

SSN is reporting AVB is after a British CB. Bit of a weird one that, would have thought we have sufficient strength there with 4 players who can comfortably play well there at a high level.

So all the mocking of Torres looking like a girl is now confirmed.

:D

Brillant. :pac:
    And her name is Hildegarde Naughton. I sh1t you not

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    SSN is reporting AVB is after a British CB. Bit of a weird one that, would have thought we have sufficient strength there with 4 players who can comfortably play well there at a high level.

Well if SSN are speculating then so should we.

Shawcross, Cahill someone like that??
    And her name is Hildegarde Naughton. I sh1t you not

Ha.

Thats priceless.

Thats the name im getting on the back of my jersey.

Naughty 9 :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lukker- wrote: »

Lescott! :eek:

J Evans! :eek::eek:

Well if SSN are speculating then so should we.

Shawcross, Cahill someone like that??

:pac: :pac: :pac:

OMG your right! Dann and Cahill!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_7013209,00.html

Ha. Weird, I was thinking Dann but he hasnt done enough for me, although Cahill could be worth a punt if got him for around 10 Million. Afaik hes a Chelsea fan too so that would persuade him.

There was talks of Arsenal paying nearly 15 Million in Janaury but that never materalised so if we showed interest you can guarntee thy will come back in.

Surely if we go for a CB that would push Ivanovic to RB and having Luiz,Alex and JT for CB and mean the sale of Bosingwa.

No chance of getting Cahill for near 10 mill.
    Think his release clause is at least 17 mill

• Advertisement

No chance of getting Cahill for near 10 mill.
    Think his release clause is at least 17 mill

If it was me I wouldnt spend 17 Million on him anyway, worth a punt at 10 and a few million add ons, like future England cap, Chelsea winning CL or something maye it would rise to 13-15 at a push but I'd only pay 10million up front anyway with the rest in add ons.

Just my 2 cents, but i think Cahill will eventually go toone of the top clubs anyway and if there is more then one interested his price will be inflated.

If it was me I wouldnt spend 17 Million on him anyway, worth a punt at 10 and a few million add ons, like future England cap, Chelsea winning CL or something maye it would rise to 13-15 at a push but I'd only pay 10million up front anyway with the rest in add ons.

Just my 2 cents, but i think Cahill will eventually go toone of the top clubs anyway and if there is more then one interested his price will be inflated.

I agree. AVB has apparently been saying that Man U are the template and they are buying British.
    Although we have Josh and Danny close to breaking though, our English spine is growing old. Cahill would be a good buy. Proven talent - could be a future capt, could be our Terry replacement.

I approve - go buy him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

if we do sign an english centre half who do you think would leave? would prefer to have terry/luiz/alex/ivan can't see where a new centre back would fit in

brmccfc wrote: »
    if we do sign an english centre half who do you think would leave? would prefer to have terry/luiz/alex/ivan can't see where a new centre back would fit in

We could push Luiz forward (And annoyingly the press are trying to talk up that Barca are in for him :eek:)
    I love Alex, but I dont know if he is happy not being a nailed on starter

I agree. AVB has apparently been saying that Man U are the template and they are buying British.
    Although we have Josh and Danny close to breaking though, our English spine is growing old. Cahill would be a good buy. Proven talent - could be a future capt, could be our Terry replacement.

I approve - go buy him!

Well hes in the JT mould, would love to see if he could make the step up. 17 Million though for a player who might not get a start? Also we have Bruma out on loan so that would really out the final nail in his coffin.
    brmccfc wrote: »

Well I can see Luiz playing RB and been like Ramos, but a better overall player. Luiz played at RB for Benefica on more then a few occasions and is comfortable on the ball and great going forward, couple that with pace and on the ball ability and a player who by all accounts is very good in the air you'd have the perfect RB.
    We could push Luiz forward (And annoyingly the press are trying to talk up that Barca are in for him :eek:)
    I love Alex, but I dont know if he is happy not being a nailed on starter

See my above post, also Luiz has played at DM for Benefica too so palying him there would worry me especially if hes in the midfield with Essien / Ramires/ Lamps.

My ideal partnership would be Alex and Luiz at CB but JT wont be dropped.

Bruma speaks!

Bruma believes in Chelsea chances

Defender Jeffrey Bruma insists he has not given up hope of becoming a first-team regular at Chelsea despite joining Hamburg on an initial year-long loan.
    The 19-year-old Netherlands international is one of four Chelsea players to move to Hamburg this summer, linking up again with Frank Arnesen, the former sporting director at Stamford Bridge.
    Hamburg have the option to extend Bruma's loan beyond the first year, but the player still believes he can make it at Chelsea, even with the likes of John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz and Alex for competition.
    "In central defence there are some big names there [at Chelsea]," he said in the Bild newspaper. "Perhaps I can play there in two or three years. I hope that I get more playing time in Hamburg."
    Bruma revealed Manchester City's former Hamburg midfielder, his countryman Nigel De Jong, had encouraged him to make the move. "De Jong told me that it's a very good club, and very good for my development," Bruma said. "I am happy they have given me the chance."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Really love to see Zola back in some position, still some rumors about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bruma speaks!

Bruma believes in Chelsea chances

Defender Jeffrey Bruma insists he has not given up hope of becoming a first-team regular at Chelsea despite joining Hamburg on an initial year-long loan.
    The 19-year-old Netherlands international is one of four Chelsea players to move to Hamburg this summer, linking up again with Frank Arnesen, the former sporting director at Stamford Bridge.
    Hamburg have the option to extend Bruma's loan beyond the first year, but the player still believes he can make it at Chelsea, even with the likes of John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz and Alex for competition.
    "In central defence there are some big names there [at Chelsea]," he said in the Bild newspaper. "Perhaps I can play there in two or three years. I hope that I get more playing time in Hamburg."
    Bruma revealed Manchester City's former Hamburg midfielder, his countryman Nigel De Jong, had encouraged him to make the move. "De Jong told me that it's a very good club, and very good for my development," Bruma said. "I am happy they have given me the chance."

You have to admire his optimisim, bless, on the day his club is linked to Dann and Cahill too.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We don't need another CB :eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Suggests AVB views Ivanovic as a RB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't think we will sell him, he deserves his shot and hopefully Villas Boas will give it to him. Another loan might be possible but I don't really think Sturridge would be up for that. He's had his loan and proved himself to be able to score goals in the Premier League.

I'd love for us (Sunderland) to take him on loan but I can't see it happening myself. I'm sure he'll be given an opportunity at Chelsea this season. Cracking prospect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Never mind :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Soby wrote: »
    8343_thumb.jpg
    For those who havent seen it.New mayor of Galway :P

facepalm.jpg

Last post on the previous page and quoted in the first post of this page! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I saw that, can't see goons selling to us.

MUSEIST wrote: »

Its all just bull anyway, they have no idea what us or many other clubs are doing and its driving them crazy.
    Transfer talk sells!

Hey remember when we swapped cole for gallas?!

you would think he would prefer to stay in London like Modric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

In news of past players, the great David "Rodney Trotter" Lee is new assistant Manager at League Two power houses Northampton Town. Used to watch the A league coverage on sky when he was in Australia, legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Its all just bull anyway, they have no idea what us or many other clubs are doing and its driving them crazy.
    Transfer talk sells!

Hey remember when we swapped cole for gallas?!

Gallas and 5 million. Great bit of business.

I would love it if we got Nasri.

Gallas and 5 million. Great bit of business.

I would love it if we got Nasri.

I was thinking Kalou, 3 million and a packet of crisps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I was thinking Kalou, 3 million and a packet of crisps?

I can see it now, Wenger will haggle on the flavor of the crisps but tell us to keep Kalou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So Modric would cost 45 million apparently. Link
    We are also in the hunt for Theo!:eek: Link
    And Scott Dann (that's what? 42 CB's we have at this stage?!:pac:)
    Aww silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

F*ck that would prefer Pastore for that price, younger and better.

Hard to them spending over 40m on either tbh.

I've heard that the rumours linking us to a British CB are rubbish too.

• Advertisement

i really want us to sign pastore hope we can get him although interwebs seems to be linking him to roma recently...off topic why is one of the tags plz sign makoun? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

might find a few articles somewhere in here

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea

I think we probably need another week to chill before we see any "ins and outs"
    The players arent back until Monday and then PVB will assess the squad.
    Of course, we may already be making moves, but at last we seem to have learnt to keep quiet. I'm not expecting any more than 2 or 3 in.
    What it means with regards to our transfer plans is that we could sign 2 "Homegrown" players without selling anyone. Or if we bring any non homegrown players in then someone will have to leave to make space. If we sign Lukaku or even Neymar :eek:, then we don't need to make any changes because they would go on the U21 players list. I think it would be safe to assume that we would be letting at least a couple of our players go and would need replacing as we do not want to start the season with a small squad as we did last season..
    Of course, that wont be a problem as we are currently signing 2 from Spurs ( Bale/Modric) and 2 from Arsenal (RVP/Nasri) ;)

1.(HG): John Terry (Old!)
    2.(HG): Ashley Cole (Old!)
    3.(HG): Frank Lampard (Old!)
    4.(HG): Ross Turnbull
    5.(HG): Daniel Sturridge
    6.(HG): Ryan Bertrand
    7.(HG):
    8.(HG):
    9. Petr Cech
    10. Branislav Ivanovic
    11. Michael Essien
    12. Didier Drogba (Really old!)
    13. Mikel
    14. Florent Malouda (Old!)
    15. Jose Bosingwa
    16. Yuri Zhirkov
    17. Paulo Fereira (Very, very old!)
    18. Salomon Kalou
    19. Alex
    20. Nicolas Anelka (Really old!)
    21. Hilario
    22. Yossi Benayoun (really old!)
    23. Ramires
    24. David Luiz
    25. Fernando Torres

U21 Players:

1. Patrick Van Aanholt
    2. Gael Kakuta
    3. Josh McEachran

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has confirmed that she is dating Chelsea footballer Josh McEachran.

This will end in tears.

• Advertisement

This will end in tears.

Or a kidnapping, fire, orphan adoption and then a pint in the rovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has confirmed that she is dating Chelsea footballer Josh McEachran.
    This will end in tears.

Hope she doesn't invite her Corrie 'Special Friend' on these dates, and wear poor Josh out.

Wasn't she with Wilshere? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Random Question.

I remember reading the reason that Billy Knott was released was because him & Mceachran got in trouble for doing something or other. McEachran was given a warning & he was let go?

Anyone know the story there?

Knott had more than one chance here regards to discipline iirc. He's a very good talent and is doing very well at Sunderland now.

Season Ticket arrived this morning. :)

I'm going to say its bollox.

Last thing we need is another CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Unless one is leaving of course, I hope we get our signings sorted soon, I know he has to assess the squad, but unless we act soon, we're gonig to miss out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement