Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Season Ticket arrived this morning. :)

So did my new membership :D :mad:

I'l have a smiley and a angry face there cause im happy with my membership but would of loved to get the season ticket !

What way you planing out your trave for the games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mcgarry claims AVB has got rid of Emenalo. Great news if true, a non entity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

So did my new membership :D :mad:

I'l have a smiley and a angry face there cause im happy with my membership but would of loved to get the season ticket !

What way you planing out your trave for the games ?

Early flight bookings! Then for the games I can't make I'll just link the season ticket to viagogo.

Scott Dann? Would be a terrible signing, he's not even that good.

Saw the headline on the Chelsea website and thought Ashley Cole was after shacking up with some young one.:pac:

COLE: AGE IS JUST A NUMBER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Love the way 'arry was pimping Modric last night on SSN
    "30 million wouldnt get him" So it looks like any bid over that will do it ;)

Looks like the player himself still wants to leave, as he hasnt come out and declared otherwise

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

RT @dan_bu: HSV interested in signing Chelsea's Gaël Kakuta on a loan deal, according to "L'Equipe"

Modric meeting with Levy today.

Where thats from Johner?

• Advertisement

Sky sports news breaking news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've said it before, Levy will sell for £45m+ and Modric is not worth it. New 6 year contract signed last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

32 million is the highest I would go. Any more than that and we should look elsewhere imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

A meeting with Levy could literally mean a number of things.

Wasn't there talk a few weeks ago that Spurs were considering giving Modric a pay rise?

He'll be playing with better players at CFC, would be a good long term signing, would have loved Sneijder though.
    Aguero's future is still unclear, if we can't get Sanchez or Neymar lets go all out for him.

SS News:
    Teenage winger Gael Kakuta claims to be unaware of reports suggesting he could be the next Chelsea player to join Hamburg.

Love to see him get a chance - his potential is right up there apparently

And Ben Sahar -remember him?

Done deal:
    Israeli striker Ben Sahar has joined Auxerre on a season-long loan from Spanish outfit Espanyol.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8617442/Chelsea-told-by-Palermo-they-must-make-an-offer-for-Javier-Pastore-in-next-15-days.html

Looks like Palermo were full of **** about 50 million bid - NO One has bid for him!

• Advertisement

SS News:
    Teenage winger Gael Kakuta claims to be unaware of reports suggesting he could be the next Chelsea player to join Hamburg.

Love to see him get a chance - his potential is right up there apparently

And Ben Sahar -remember him?

Done deal:
    Israeli striker Ben Sahar has joined Auxerre on a season-long loan from Spanish outfit Espanyol.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8617442/Chelsea-told-by-Palermo-they-must-make-an-offer-for-Javier-Pastore-in-next-15-days.html

Looks like Palermo were full of **** about 50 million bid - NO One has bid for him!

Palermo are the biggest bunch of tossers, they say make a move within 2 weeks and also say that they had a bid of 50 million already. WTF is their president smoking:eek:

smuckers wrote: »
    Mcgarry claims AVB has got rid of Emenalo. Great news if true, a non entity.

mcgarry is woeful at the best of times!

McGarry was making a point about AVB being allowed to remove people from his group who are known (or, at least, thought by McGarry) to be "trusted" by RA implying that he is being given room to make changes. The examples he quoted were English and Emanalo. That doesn't mean Emenalo is out of the club altogether. He may have been moved to a different position in the club hierarchy outside AVB's direct reports.

So Emenalo isn't fired, just removed from the coaching staffs I reckon

Modric crunch talks now being denied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Hope we just sign someone already.

I just wish he handed in a transfer request, I can see us gonig for Moutinho if we can't get Modric or Pastore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Coentrao gone to Madrid for 30m

Coentrao gone to Madrid for 30m

Heard that, good for them, wasn't too keen on getting another left back.

Sanchez wants only Barca
    Aguero wont come
    Modric will cost 40 +
    Pastore the same
    Coentrao gone RM (did we want/need him anyway?)
    Neymar isnt moving
    Lukaku - gone quiet on him

Looks like its going to be one of "those" summers.
    Still Dann is available :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I can see us "doing a Torres" and splashing out big on one player over the summer, and I bet it will be Modric.

the squad returns tomorrow - the bell tolls for.......... TBA!

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=523984

The New Boys: Chelsea’s First Year Scholars 2011-12
    That time of year again.

Back in March, a group of teenagers signed their first full-time contracts in football, putting pen to paper on two-year scholarship deals which will see them continue their footballing – and scholastic – eductation at Chelsea.

They will make up much of Dermot Drummy’s Under-18 squad for the coming season, and whilst many names will already be familiar to regular readers, let’s take a look at the Class of 2011.

Nathan Aké (central defender, Netherlands): A tall, classy central defender, Nathan’s arrival at Chelsea was greeted with controversy in the Netherlands, as Feyenoord complained at the loss of another young talent. A Dutch Under-17 international, he brings technical ability and versatility, as he can also feature in midfield.

Samuel Bangura (defender, England): Sam, who hails from London but has Sierra Leonean heritage, is a versatile defender best used at full back. Right footed and very gifted athletically, he can also play in a more central role at the back or in midfield, and will become a key player for Drummy for this reason.

Nathaniel Chalobah (defender/midfielder, England): One who needs little introduction, Nathaniel ‘officially’ becomes a scholar this summer, but has been involved well above his age groups for some time now. A reserve team regular as a 15 year-old, the England Under-17 captain will see little time at Under-18 level as he forges ahead with his career at more testing levels.

Alex Davey (central defender, England): Another who featured extensively during the 2010-11 academy season, Alex has been with Chelsea throughout his football career, playing a confident, capable role at centre back, honing his abilities in Chelsea’s system. Quiet on the pitch, he nonetheless provides stability and assurance to the team.

Walter Figueira (forward, England): A diminutive forward with an eye-catching hairstyle, Walter stepped into Under-18 football as a schoolboy and scored four* goals in 2010-11, displaying good movement and finishing ability despite giving up so much in size to bigger defenders. Blessed with flair, skill and pace, he will cause opponents many a tough morning next season.

Alastair Gordon (defender, England): Another newcomer who can play across the back four or in a defensive midfield capacity, England Under-16 international Alastair has come through the ranks at Chelsea as a leader and a strong, physically capable defender. He has a tough streak to his game and is a relentless competitor, and a contender to wear the captain’s armband for the youth team.

Dominik Masek (forward, Czech Republic): Left-footed wizard Masek signed for Chelsea in March of this year after a successful trial period in the previous November. A prolific forward for his club and for the Czech Under-17 national team, Dominik has quick feet and is a threat from outside the box. Was voted his country’s brightest young talent in 2010 and featured at the 2011 Under-17 World Cup, where FIFA.com confirmed his move.

Nortei Nortey (defender, England/Ghana): An athletic full back who arrived to Chelsea later than most of his team-mates, Nortei was on the verge of featuring regularly in the Under-18 team as a schoolboy until he suffered a serious knee injury which wiped out most of his 2010-11 season. Now back to full fitness, he will be motoring up and down the flank from defence on a regular basis.

Adam Nditi (defender/winger, Tanzania/England): The most prolific of schoolboys in terms of 2010-11 appearances, the Tanzanian-born Nditi has progressed very nicely in the last twelve months. A regular winger until being ‘converted’ to an attacking full back for much of last season, Adam’s commitment and desire to learn has helped him develop into a more rounded individual. At his best running with the ball at pace, he’ll be a threat to most opponents next season.

Anjur Osmanovic (midfielder, Sweden): After signing Amin Affane from Swedish club Larje-Angereds last summer, Chelsea returned to take compatriot Osmanovic a few months later. Having arrived in November, Anjur featured for the club’s Under-16 team before a handful of Under-18 outings at the season’s end, and is a confident individual, claiming he will be in the club’s first team plans within two years. Creative and with an eye for goal, he has exciting potential.

Ismail Seremba (midfielder, England): A London-born winger of Ugandan heritage, Ismail scored twice* as a schoolboy for the Under-18s in 2010-11 and displayed the ability to lead the line in attack as well as play in his natural role wide in a 4-3-3. Strong and quick, he is almost the prototype player for the system Chelsea use, and is a fine product of their work at junior level.

John Swift (midfielder, England): Tall and elegant, John immediately catches the eye for his flowing locks of hair tied back with a head band. He’s also one of the most gifted players to come through the club’s ranks, with quick feet and precise passing the best of a fine array of talents he has in his locker. An England Under-16 international, he also enjoys a tackle, and after an injury-hit 2010-11 season which limited him to just five* Under-18 outings, he’ll be back to show everyone what he can do.

It’s one of the largest groups of first-years the club has taken on in recent years, particularly with the lack of a goalkeeper, but with the likes of Daniel Pappoe making the progression into the reserve team on a full-time basis and a host of others now being over-age for youth team competition, it’s a much-needed influx of young talent.

Only one player may feature as a third-year according to league rules, something which will also affect James Ashton. The midfielder has played just three times since signing scholarship terms, and despite earning a professional contract last summer, missed the entire duration of the 2010-11 campaign.

His return to fitness will demand playing time, whilst second-years Todd Kane, Tomas Kalas, Archange Nkumu, Reece Loudon, Danny Stenning and the aforementioned Affane will make up the rest of the youth team for this season. Some will feature more than others, as Kane and Kalas, for example, will likely push on for a permanent reserve team place.

Jamal Blackman will be expected to keep goal again, but with Mitchell Beeney waiting in the wings for a scholarship next summer, he will be one of another strong group of schoolboys keen for involvement ahead of schedule.

That includes Jordan Houghton, Reece Mitchell and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who all featured as Under-15s in academy league competition last year, whilst England Under-16 colleagues Fankaty Dabo and George Cole will harbour ambitions of their own. Talented forwards Joel Witele-Tamina and Alex Kiwomya (the latter of whom made his Under-18 debut late last season) may come into play later in the campaign too.

All in all, it makes for another exciting campaign of youth football. The club’s ranks continue to impress, with great success in recent years for the age group which now graduates and gets to have a crack at the academy league title and the prestigious FA Youth Cup.

You can keep up to date with everything possible from the club’s youth and reserve team all season on TheChels.net, and on Twitter by following @chelseayouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Seen a clip of an interview from Steve Holland..said AVB rang him when he was on holidays to offer him the role. I'd presume Steve Holland was promoted as he knows the chelsea youth better than anybody! Hopefully he can help bring through some youth players !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

PVB meets his squad today - best of luck fella and heres hoping you can build us a winning team! :D

• Advertisement

So now that AVB has met the team this morning I will be expecting some signings by this afternoon tbh:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

MUSEIST wrote: »
    So now that AVB has met the team this morning I will be expecting some signings by this afternoon tbh:P

I expect his position is uner threat already after this morning :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What time is it? Have we won anything yet?

that will be Modric, Falcao and errrrrrrh.... Dann!

Essien wrote: »
    What time is it? Have we won anything yet?

Its about 11:20 AM on the 6th July 2011.

We've won nothing but AVB has been given a further 48 hrs to turn around the season according to skysports or he'll be out on his ear.:cool:

gavredking wrote: »

We've won nothing but AVB has been given a further 48 hrs to turn around the season according to skysports or he'll be out on his ear.:cool:

This is a disaster of a season, he's had the squad since breakfast....it's now brunch...and we still aren't improving.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad the time has come for him to fully assess the squad.

Hopefully he has an idea of who he'll be targeting and we can move in swiftly and be done with all the rubbish speculation, I for one can't stand it.

gavredking wrote: »

Torres still hasnt scored in the new season
    Cole has brought in his new shotgun to show everyone
    Terry keeps pointing in the mirror "I'm the governor, I am, I am"
    Lamps is all loved up and keep spouting poetry!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Essien wrote: »
    This is a disaster of a season, he's had the squad since breakfast....it's now brunch...and we still aren't improving.

Totally unpreofessional season so far, no new players in 8am, joke.

Torres still hasnt scored in the new season
    Cole has brought in his new shotgun to show everyone
    Terry keeps pointing in the mirror "I'm the governor, I am, I am"
    Lamps is all loved up and keep spouting poetry!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

A.Cole is even resorted to getting back with the dex to get over the depression of not winning this season yet.
    Torres has gone on to becom the Mayor of Galway.
    JT has stopped going on with peoples, sisters, mothers, wifes, gf's and anything in a skirt.
    Lamps is now afraid to pass the ball incase he deosnt get 20 goals a season because sky only focus on that part of his game.
    Luiz has cut his hair and like Samson has lost all his abiltiy.

FFS lads get the finger out.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Lets get a Brazillian!

Cheap and cheerful and the new Pele (in a skirt)!

http://jezebel.com/5818264/meet-marta-the-star-of-the-womens-world-cup

So does that mean if we sign her and she has a Brazilain, we're getting a 2 for the price fo 1 deal??

Best deal ever.

:pac:

SSN saying we have enquired about Nasri.

For 20-25mill would be a good signing imo, lots of other players are going to cost a lot more.

Hmmm Nasri or Modric?

Which would suit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

For 20-25mill would be a good signing imo, lots of other players are going to cost a lot more.
    I wonder did Arsenal do a good job of getting an auction started on Nasri
    Fee was much less a few weeks ago with him coming into last year of his contract

• Advertisement

How come Man City are NOT paying premium prices on their new players and should we be going for them?
    8 million for Clichy and about the same for Savic

Hmmm Nasri or Modric?

Which would suit better?

Both please. :p

Jesus, that Swede is unreal :)

I love the "bling" of the front door at Cobham

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2387096,00.html

Going over soon to check out the new museum - Looks pretty good

http://www.mandh-online.com/news/content/1469/chelsea_fc_reveal_new_museum_goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

if its true nasri over modric and pastore over both for me thanks roman

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement