Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

brmccfc wrote: »
    if its true nasri over modric and pastore over both for me thanks roman

#CFC interest in Nasri doesn't affect bid for Modric. Different positions and AVB plan for team would accomodate both

McGarry again

So, Nasri, Modric, Lukaka, Pastore and errrrrrh... Dann

Shopping done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

brmccfc wrote: »
    if its true nasri over modric and pastore over both for me thanks roman

But pastore would cost 50mill:eek:, insane money for a player who is not proven in the PL.

i don't see why we could not get both modric and nasri, they can play in different positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I have no problem with emenalo as sporting director, keeps him away from the first team and allows AVB to get on with his work.

Fantasy football

Torres - Falcao
    - Modric - Nasri - a n other (Sanchez :D)

Ramires

Cole Ivan (a n other)
    Terry - Luiz

or even!

Torres----Falcao
    Neymar--Modric--Nasri--Sanchez

Cole Ivan (a n other)
    Terry - Luiz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Why has Emenalo got bad rep around here, and I thought read about this a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hmmm Nasri or Modric?

Which would suit better?

Neither, pastore or Sneijder please.

Nasri had about 10-15 games last season we're he looked good he went missing in far mroe games then he should have.
    #CFC interest in Nasri doesn't affect bid for Modric. Different positions and AVB plan for team would accomodate both

McGarry again

So, Nasri, Modric, Lukaka, Pastore and errrrrrh... Dann

Shopping done!

Cant believe McGarry, If we sign both Nasri and Modric, you can imagine Modric will play from CM or AM, pushing Nasri to the wing, a position he hated at Arsenal as he wanted to play through the middle.

This is part of the reason I cant see us getting Nasri.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    But pastore would cost 50mill:eek:, insane money for a player who is not proven in the PL.

i don't see why we could not get both modric and nasri, they can play in different positions.

Ya dont got to be proven in the EPL to be worth £50 Million, there is other leagues out there with far better technically gifted players then the EPL.

It goes back to arguement that if we could sign Iniesta or Sneijder we'll say for £40 - £50 Million, would people mull and complain over it because they're not proven in the EPL??

What I would say is if push comes to shove I'd rather get Nasri then Modric, but play him through the middle, hes not a winger or support striker, hes an attacking midfielder so if we sign him and shove him wide it would be a waste IMO.

Why has Emenalo got bad rep around here, and I thought read about this a few days ago.

its mainly because he has come from nowhere (coaching under 12 girls team)
    and he is seen (rightly or wrongly) as Romans man, a mole in the camp.
    People dont believe in his footballing knowledge

Having said all that - look at where AVB started!

Now 'arry says Modric is talking to Levy

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed that Luka Modric is holding talks with chairman Daniel Levy on Thursday over his future.
    The Croatiaspacer.gif international has gone on record revealing his desire to move to Chelsea,spacer.gif although Spurs rejected their initial £22million bid.
    Redknappspacer.gif dismissed the Blues' offer for Modricspacer.gif as "farcical" on Monday while Levyspacer.gif has insisted that the 25-year-old playmaker is not for sale at any price.
    Redknapp insists the meeting does not mean that Modric's time at White Hart Lanespacer.gif is coming to an end, reconfirming his belief the club need to retain their star players.
    Spurs' tactician wants the north Londoners to continue their upward curve and says that in order to keep progressing they need to resist big-money offers.
    Meeting

"I believe Daniel is meeting Luka (on Thursday)," he told the London Evening Standard.
    "It's difficult when crazy sums of money are being bandied about but we need to keep Luka and all our best players if we are to improve.
    "If we want to continue to challenge the top clubs in the Premier League then we simply have to get stronger - not weaker.
    "Luka is a fantastic player and we need to keep him at the club. We certainly don't want to sell him."

"But pastore would cost 50mill, insane money for a player who is not proven in the PL."

We may be able to get him for less if no one else is bidding

McGarry says we might swap Kalou or Zhirkov and money for Nasri. ;

• Advertisement

Zhirkov couls slot in LB for them or at least push Gibbs, Kalou looks unlikely but Wenger does liek his useless wingers so I'd happly send Kalou to the Emirates.

In fact, I'll drive him myself if Chelsea want.

LOL, its Ashley and Gallas all over again!

Rather lose Zhirkov tbh. kalou is still a bit of a super sub, although Wenger is apparently a long term admirer

Actucally after checking FB and Twitter, I really hoep we sign Nasri now, just to pee off Man Utd fans who we're sure he was going to them. :p

gavredking wrote: »
    Actucally after checking FB and Twitter, I really hoep we sign Nasri now, just to pee off Man Utd fans who we're sure he was going to them. :p

They wont worry, they think they are going to get Sneijder :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

No way we should get rid of Kalou. Unsung hero. Stats prove it.

In a heartbeat if he's blocking Danny. I know he is a super sub, but thats his limit

They wont worry, they think they are going to get Sneijder :(

Then we should go for Sneijder too, just to rattle a few cages, f**k it, we should bid for Nani and Rooney and Vidic too and even Carrick just for the LOLz. :P

Cant say I agree with ya there, with the chances he sqaunders and screws up I dont think hes good enough for us, he shows flashes, much like Ryan Babel, who I thought would be a fine palyer for the 'Pool but has gone the Kalou path of been only ok for the level hes at when he promised so much.

Some people are well too harsh on Kalou, he isn't that bad, got a good few goals last year, and it seems he loves the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We need players like Kalou, if he's happy to be a squad player with us then great if he want's first team football then let him go but we need a squad of players not just a first 11.

Maybe saying he wasnt good enough was harsh, what I should say is hes ok but hes so frustrating to watch., very headless at times.

Maybe saying he wasnt good enough was harsh, what I should say is hes ok but hes so frustrating to watch., very headless at times.

I'd still swap him for Nasri though!:D

I'd still swap him for Nasri though!:D

1000000% AGREE.

I'd swp him for Nasri but the danger for Nasri is he will be psuhed wide and I think hes better through the middle running at people and creating chances so 15 million and Kalou and we'll take Nasri, thank you very much.

SSN

Luka Modric is staying focused on resuming training with Tottenham but has admitted 'anything is possible' with regard to his future.
    The Croatian playmaker will report back to Spurs on Thursday following a summer break and is due to hold talks with club chairman Daniel Levy.spacer.gif
    Speculation has been rife about what will be said at that meeting, with reports suggesting Modricspacer.gif will declare that he wants to join Chelsea.spacer.gif
    The Bluesspacer.gif failed with a £22million bid for the 25-year-old last month and Spurs manager Harry Redknappspacer.gif has made it clear that he does not want to sell such a key player at any price.
    Modric refused to be drawn on the subject as he prepared to jet out of Zagreb airport to return to England.
    Appointment

"Today I have a flight to London and tomorrow I will start training," he said on Sky Sports News when questioned about what it was like to be at the centre of such media attention.
    "I will report back to Tottenham, and that is all for now."
    Asked if the chairman would be waiting to hold talks with him, Modric continued: "I have an appointment to meet him, but we will see what happens after that.
    "That's all I can say for now. I can't comment any more."
    Modric has previously stated that he is happy in London but would be keen on a move to Chelsea because he has ambitions to fight for the Premier League title and win the Champions League.
    Asked if a transfer to Chelsea was possible, Modric replied: "Anything is possible, of course."

He will come and Levy will get a nice transfer kitty for 'arry
    Wont be quick though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Cant say I agree with ya there, with the chances he sqaunders and screws up I dont think hes good enough for us, he shows flashes, much like Ryan Babel, who I thought would be a fine palyer for the 'Pool but has gone the Kalou path of been only ok for the level hes at when he promised so much.
    If he was given a regular run of games he would bang them in, he has shown this before.

He steps up when Drogba is out injured/suspended, did it in the CL getting a couple of goals while Drogba was out.

We need him, he scores and creates goals. He has a great assist record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News
    Big news on Luka Modric coming up on #ssn

Have a feeling he's staying...hopefully i'm wrong
    Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy says Luka Modric understands he will not be sold

I knew it! Damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

superfrank wrote: »
    Have a feeling he's staying...hopefully i'm wrong

I knew it! Damn!
    Just puts the onus back on Modric. This isn't over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any news if you've upped the laughable £22m to get Levy thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

RasTa wrote: »

Levy just came out and said its over, he is not for sale and that Modric understands this.

Whether Modric likes this is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

flahavaj wrote: »
    Levy just came out and said its over, he is not for sale and that Modric understands this.

Whether Modric likes this is another matter.

He said the same about Berbatov.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

SSN asked levy, what if chelsea upped their bid
    He just said wouldnt matter, its not about money
    Then they asked if Modric was happy
    Levy said "he understands and will be ok when he is back training"

So he's not happy, probably get a pay rise and still be unhappy when or if arry fails to get in some decent new recruits. Which they cant do as they have little money!
    He will bee even unhappier if spuds get off to a bad start
    So the balls in Modric's court

Not that worried anyways, we will move on to other targets, nasri, sniejder, etc.
    The original bid wasnt by PVB, but he would have been happy to get him.
    Onwards and upwards

SSN asked levy, what if chelsea upped their bid
    He just said wouldnt matter, its not about money
    Then they asked if Modric was happy
    Levy said "he understands and will be ok when he is back training"

So he's not happy, probably get a pay rise and still be unhappy when or if arry fails to get in some decent new recruits. Which they cant do as they have little money!
    He will bee even unhappier if spuds get off to a bad start
    So the balls in Modric's court

Not that worried anyways, we will move on to other targets, nasri, sniejder, etc.
    The original bid wasnt by PVB, but he would have been happy to get him.
    Onwards and upwards

Why do you call him PVB? should it not be AVB?:confused:

Lukker- wrote: »
    He said the same about Berbatov.

But Berbatov had only 2 years to run on his contract, and went on strike to force the move through. I think he'd have stayed at Spurs that season if City hadn't come in and matched Spurs' valuation at at the clkose of the window, forcing United's hand. Before that United had been dragging their fet and putting in low bids AFAIK. There are a lot of differen ces betwen the two cases. Modric signing that massive contract has shot himself in the foot in a lot of ways and given Spurs a very strong hand to play.

Why do you call him PVB? should it not be AVB?:confused:

Slip of the finger. I'm still excited as its his first proper day in job and he's
    a/ still employed
    and
    b/ No player revolt yet :D

BTW -I dont think the Modric saga is over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Slip of the finger. I'm still excited as its his first proper day in job and he's
    a/ still employed
    and
    b/ No player revolt yet :D

BTW -I dont think the Modric saga is over yet.

Just out of curiosity, how does your finger slip from "A" to the farthest possible alphabetic character on your keyboard?

TBH if we dont get Modric I wouldnt mind too much, spend the money on Nasri and play him throught the middle.

TBH if we dont get Modric I wouldnt mind too much, spend the money on Nasri and play him throught the middle.

he allegedly wants to go to Man U :(
    The "sun" is reporting that Modric is far from happy.
    TBH for the amount of money that Levy will try and extract from us, I would rather spend on Sniedjer/Pastore etc.
    Its in the players hands and he will have to hand in a transfer request and lose his bonus (But chelsea would just pay him that anyway). Be interesting to see what we do - hope it isnt another long drawn out affair.

Makes me realise how much we missed Ballack last season. Modric would do a smiliar role. Keep possession in midfield and allow Lamps etc to get forward

he allegedly wants to go to Man U :(
    The "sun" is reporting that Modric is far from happy.
    TBH for the amount of money that Levy will try and extract from us, I would rather spend on Sniedjer/Pastore etc.
    Its in the players hands and he will have to hand in a transfer request and lose his bonus (But chelsea would just pay him that anyway). Be interesting to see what we do - hope it isnt another long drawn out affair.

Makes me realise how much we missed Ballack last season. Modric would do a smiliar role. Keep possession in midfield and allow Lamps etc to get forward

If Modric really wanst to challenge for th eEPL and the CL then staying at Spurs would be a bad choice, he really has to want to leave although Spurs seem determine to keep him him.

Sure pricing Kranjcar at around £12 Million is a manic choice also hes worth £8 Million tops at the moment, sure we might as well throw in a bid for Kranjcar and see what they say. :pac:

Modric agent says he aint gonna hand in a transfer request and will just do his best

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7024316/

Just said I'd post these pics and a few lines from ChelseaFC.com.

After what seemed like an eternity waiting, the players were back in at Cobham today and quickly down to work.
    The entire group was there except for the Brazilian pair, Ramires and David Luiz, who are on international duty at the Copa America, and the England Under 21 representatives who have been given extended leave.
    0,,10268~9776745,00.jpg
    The squad reported bright and early to meet with new manager Andre Villas-Boas and his backroom team before emerging on to the main training pitches for a stretch, overseen by Jose Mario Rocha and Chris Jones.
    After a warm up, it was straight into ball work, as players passed and moved between stations before shooting at goal.
    0,,10268~9776737,00.jpg
    Then it was time for some competition, with the session split between two pitches and four teams, each match taking place with six mini goals placed around the edge of each pitch, the idea to pass the ball into one of the nets having switched possession effectively.
    Finally, there was an 11-a-side game in a reduced area, something we haven't seen at Cobham for around six weeks since preparations for the final game of last season against Everton, and a jog to warm down.
    0,,10268~9776748,00.jpg
    This afternoon, the players have been going through various medical tests before double sessions begin on Thursday.
    0,,10268~9776741,00.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

CORK TRANSFER AGREED: Chelsea Football Club can confirm we have reached agreement with Southampton for the permanent... http://dlvr.it/ZKktC

Anyone else fed up with seeing only youthful outgoings and no incomings?
    We are the only top 6 team that hasnt done any business yet!

In 8 days from tomorrow, we play Portsmouth and its 2 weeks today until the South East Asia tour.

Gourlay promised us a threesome in Bangkok and I'm still waiting!

Quote from Day 3 of Ron Gourlay's whirlwind trip through South East Asia as covered on the club website - if it's Thursday it must be Bangkok and Ron is in confident mood when discussing our pre-season tour...

He states quite categorically and without equivocation or obfuscation that:

'There will be two or three new players in the team and we will certainly be bringing our strongest team.'

In other news, Day 2 and AVP is still employed! :D

Essien wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how does your finger slip from "A" to the farthest possible alphabetic character on your keyboard?

Plus he has been referring to him as PVB for days! I thought it was some nickname ye had given him already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think its old age kicking in personally!:pac:
    We knew who ya meant Sgt!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Maybe mixing him up with PVA - Patrick Van Arnholt.

Plus he has been referring to him as PVB for days! I thought it was some nickname ye had given him already.

Narrr, I'm just messing now! We should come up with a nick name soon though - hopefully something associated with winning!

PS I think you in danger of losing twenty quid soon, but I dont think you will cry much over it what with the players you are being linked with

Narrr, I'm just messing now! We should come up with a nick name soon though - hopefully something associated with winning!

PS I think you in danger of losing twenty quid soon, but I dont think you will cry much over it what with the players you are being linked with

I am confident in the stance I took with that bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Anyone else fed up with seeing only youthful outgoings and no incomings?
    We are the only top 6 team that hasnt done any business yet!

We just signed a 26 Year Old

AVB = A Victorious Boss??

• Advertisement

Wait a minute.............. :eek:

Gourlay promised us a threesome in Bangkok and I'm still waiting!

Im not sure I want that TBH. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement