Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Terry is a huge loss for us. We are a lot more organised and solid with him at the back but Cahill has settled in well enough and Luiz had a stormer against Napoli so I'm not that worried.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New contract for Hilario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

New contract for Hilario

He's happy out in the reserves, probably means Courtois is on loan for another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

bullpost wrote: »
    Sturridge is still young and needs guidance. He's not doing anything that Robben didnt do when he was here and he didnt turn out too badly.
    Fair enough I suppose. But he'll be 23 later this year, so I guess the youth card won't wash much longer.

He could do a lot worse than learn from...

... Torres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

Chelsea have parted company with midfielder Jacob Mellis after he admitted setting off a smoke grenade at the club's Cobham training ground.

So Cole gets away with shooting a person and he gets fired. Great to see they set standards the same for everyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea Youth ‏ @chelseayouth Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    I think, btw, it's safe to assume that Marko Mitrovic has left #CFC. Hasn't been involved for the reserves since Jan 24 against Norwich.

Trampas wrote: »
    Chelsea have parted company with midfielder Jacob Mellis after he admitted setting off a smoke grenade at the club's Cobham training ground.

So Cole gets away with shooting a person and he gets fired. Great to see they set standards the same for everyone.
    So it might seem. Cole indeed got away with (less than) murder.

But it's not like Chelsea haven't gone for the jugular before. Remember Mutu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I think it's lazy journalism, everybody forgets Courtois. A pity though, he wrote another article today in the paper too about Newcastle's recruiting policy and it was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

G.K. wrote: »
    I think it's lazy journalism, everybody forgets Courtois. A pity though, he wrote another article today in the paper too about Newcastle's recruiting policy and it was excellent.

I think all the rags are guessing our summer moves

some rubbish about us discussing Hulk for 40 million as well.

Plus speculating about whos going to leave in the summer - they included Hilario who we know has just signed a new contract

Its all just guess work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City are definetly missing Lescott and very likely to be missing Kompany.

We should be bossing their replacements, Savic and K.Toure who are at the very least, very suspect.

I'd expect Richards to be moved into CB, Zabaleta to RB and take your pick from Kolarov or Clichy, I'd expect Clichy to get the nod to try and shackle Sturridge.

I'd love if Di Matteo started Torres, it would show confidence in Torres from the manager and could help him push on more then ever for us.

gavredking wrote: »

We should be bossing their replacements, Savic and K.Toure who are at the very least, very suspect.

I'd expect Richards to be moved into CB, Zabaleta to RB and take your pick from Kolarov or Clichy, I'd expect Clichy to get the nod to try and shackle Sturridge.

I'd love if Di Matteo started Torres, it would show confidence in Torres from the manager and could help him push on more then ever for us.

I'm more worried about Silva and Aquergo - and Balotelli

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

G.K. wrote: »

On top of Courtois there is also Delac of whom great things are also expected I believe (never seen him play and not getting game time on loan but only 19) Taylor and Walker also on loan and of course Blackman who seems handy enough. We seem to have a good crop of young goalkeepers not too sure why we would want Krul.

There are other areas that are in dire need of improving, not least a good right back and at least one creative player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've plan Sgt, Luiz can mark Silva, Luiz can mark Aguero, and Luiz can mark Mario. Gary can look after the rest..!

Taking their 2 best CB's and on top that, their regular CB pairing has cost City though and if we want take a point or even 3, then this is the best time to play City in their mini slump and our own mini revival.

Theirs goals to be scored if we can get at them but as you mentioned, going forward City are flush with choices, not to mention Tevez and Dzeko.

Panthro wrote: »
    I've plan Sgt, Luiz can mark Silva, Luiz can mark Aguero, and Luiz can mark Mario. Gary can look after the rest..!

If they play Silva, Aguero, and Balotelli in a front three, we know Aguero and Silva will like to drop off and take possesion from deep and work it in and find and create space.

As long as as start better then we did at the Bridge we'll be well in the game, but I wouldnt mind going 1-0 down and winning 2-1. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Anyone going to start a match thread? I'm not worthy of that honour.

Hoping for a great match tonight. Man City probably a good bit ahead in terms of favourite, but Chelsea have the potential.

Jagera wrote: »

Hoping for a great match tonight. Man City probably a good bit ahead in terms of favourite, but Chelsea have the potential.

Give it a go sure. :cool:

If not I'll start one soon.

Ooohh City are favourites, their home record is very impressive but as you mentioned we're far from out of this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jagera wrote: »

PaddyPower has Chelsea to win 2-1 at 12/1..tempting!
    Also, Luiz to score 10/1
    Also tempting!:D

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=gavredking;77697363
    As long as as start better then we did at the Bridge we'll be well in the game, [/QUOTE]

We should do, we started that game as the last of the infamous "high line"
    After City scored we abandoned that and went on to win the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Would be hopeful after recent results and performances. City will no doubt create a few chances defence needs to be switched on but we will create too. Lescott is no great loss to them but Kompany is a big loss and I think a bigger impact than the loss of JT for us.

Would expect more or less the same team as against Napoli with Cahill in for JT (if Bose plays could be a very long night) but would love to see Torres start in place of either Drogs or Studge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Just looked at all our remaining fixtures and also Spurs and Arsenals.
    Man are we in for an exciting final few weeks. We have to beat both Spurs and Arsenal while also playing Liverpool Mancity tonight and by the time we get to the lesser teams they will be fighting to avoid relegation.

Gona be a rough ride but i can still see us beating Spurs and Arsenal and making a top four finish.......oh and a champions league trophy :D

Spurs ahve a tricky game with Stoke tonight at White Hart Lane and Arsenal have a trip to Merseyside to play Everton.

There will be points dropped tonight by either of these teams so whatever we can get will really help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Spurs V Bolton FA Cup replay next Tuesday 7.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Spurs ahve a tricky game with Stoke tonight at White Hart Lane and Arsenal have a trip to Merseyside to play Everton.

There will be points dropped tonight by either of these teams so whatever we can get will really help us.

Best case: Chelsea 3 points, Spurs & Gunners lose. Chelsea potentially push into 4th depending on scores. And it's game-on for the rest of the season.

Worse case: Chelsea 0 points, Spur & Gunners bag 3 points. Chelsea remain 5th, 2 points above Newcastle, then next week we play Spurs, Newcastle away to West Brom - they could leapfrog us. No Champions League.

Then there's the multitude of points combinations in between. In the end, just thinking about it, we need 3 points tonight.

Tough week for us, the games are coming thick and fast (and for now spurs by the looks of things)

City, Spurs and Benfica all within a week :eek:

Really want that CL spot, but also to to get the CL semi's

Bit of Robbie magic needed mixed with some Torres goals!

Tough week for us, the games are coming thick and fast (and for now spurs by the looks of things)

City, Spurs and Benfica all within a week :eek:

Really want that CL spot, but also to to get the CL semi's

Bit of Robbie magic needed mixed with some Torres goals!

Very tough but so far we've done very well. I hope it continues tonight and we can take at least a point from the Etihad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

We need 3 points for sure, no doubt Arsenal will win 2-1 ... getting a 117th minute winner by Van Persie.

• Advertisement

I wont be greedy and settle for a draw and a show of good form/fight.
    Will be a very tough game and i have a feeling Teves will come on in the last 20 mins and get on the score sheet against us as usual :(

I heard Silva is also playing through the pain barrier using injections to keep him on the pitch dont know how true it is but could slow him down tonight.

We will have to fight for every game now till the end of the season.
    In a way we are lucky we still have to face Spurs and Arsenal so if we want this more than either or them then we should win.

what a day wrote: »
    I wont be greedy and settle for a draw and a show of good form/fight.
    Will be a very tough game and i have a feeling Teves will come on in the last 20 mins and get on the score sheet against us as usual :(

I heard Silva is also playing through the pain barrier using injections to keep him on the pitch dont know how true it is but could slow him down tonight.

We will have to fight for every game now till the end of the season.
    In a way we are lucky we still have to face Spurs and Arsenal so if we want this more than either or them then we should win.

Wait until Silva picks the ball up about 40 yards out and half him down, next time he does it, do the same again. 2 yellow cards and there best playmaker feeling the pain.

;)

Wait until Silva picks the ball up about 40 yards out and half him down, next time he does it, do the same again. 2 yellow cards and there best playmaker feeling the pain.

;)

Essien and Mikel to start so and if he avoids both of them....................
    David_Luiz-City_1852895i.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

More rubbish, more bad news .... adios ... now where is my ****ing MAdrid jersey ..

Could be worse.......from 2-0 up Liverpool are after been pegged back. :pac:

Could be worse.......from 2-0 up Liverpool are after been pegged back. :pac: make that 3-2 qpr. Ha delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Could be worse.......from 2-0 up Liverpool are after been pegged back. :pac:

Some of them in the match thread were actually asking if they were back in contention for fourth when they were 2-0 up which made me smile on this otherwise depressing night...now they are 3-2 behind.

Talk about deluded.

OH well, makes the spurs game really tasty

Hope robbie learns from that

we can still make 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hadepsx

now whos deluded

• Advertisement

hadepsx wrote: »
    now whos deluded

Whats this - another stunning insightful post from????

A team with the MOST deluded fans in the world - Liverpool

We're closer to top four than you are mate

I'd stick to your baking if I were you!

Still 9 x 3 = 27 points to play for including a game at home against one of our top four rivals - bring it on!

OH well, makes the spurs game really tasty

Hope robbie learns from that

we can still make 4th
    It's nice to be optimistic, but this is a dose of reality and we've lost serious ground.

The Spurs match is a 6-pointer and there's no margin for error. If we come out at the wrong end we can forget about 4th.

McDave wrote: »
    It's nice to be optimistic, but this is a dose of reality and we've lost serious ground.

The Spurs match is a 6-pointer and there's no margin for error. If we come out at the wrong end we can forget about 4th.

No - I still believe we can and will do it.
    9 games is a lot of points and if we can get JT back for spurs it will be a big boost.

Not saying it will be easy, but def douable
    Yes we've lost ground to arsenal - but thats only 2 games, and we only lost 1 point against spurs

Deluded no, hopeful and optimistic - yes and why not eh?

No - I still believe we can and will do it.
    9 games is a lot of points and if we can get JT back for spurs it will be a big boost.

Not saying it will be easy, but def douable
    Yes we've lost ground to arsenal - but thats only 2 games, and we only lost 1 point against spurs

Deluded no, hopeful and optimistic - yes and why not eh?
    I'd never say you're deluded Sgt! ;)

If we end up 8 points off Spurs with 8 games to go, our goose is truly cooked. If we beat Spurs we do have hope.

We have to beat Spurs, theres no other result that will help us get 4th.

Arsenal were lucky not to be held at Goodison when Drenthe was about 3 yards onside before he scored and got his goal disallowed.

Positives from last night,

Cech commanded his area very well and made a few decent saves.

Luiz and Cahill looked solid together, more so Luiz, its vert rare you conceed 2 goals and its not the defence who's to blame.

Mikel, had a sound game and made forward runs often, one of his better displays.

Torres was lively and should have never been taken off.

Loads of negative points,

Essien, hes past it at this stage and his only contribution brought City into the game.

Meireles, couldnt find a pass all night.

Ramires, useless, theres no point playing him RM, hes been wasted out there and couldnt do many things, like Meireles a lot of wayward passing.

Di Matteo, Tactics and subs, that team and formation didnt work, holding back and trying to defend att his level is always going to cause problems.

Meireles had to come off but why not bring on Danny? He would have been an out ball on the counter, Torres shouldnt have come off as Drogba had maybe 10 touches?

9 games left, Spurs Arsenal, Liverpool, we ned to get at least 23 from 27 to get 4th I think. 7 wins and 2 draws, its not impossible but we have to beat Spurs Saturday or its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I wasn't so much disappointed with the result as I was with the performance, we just constantly gave the ball away (mainly Meireles) but also Lamps and Ramires on numerous occasions.

Taking Meireles off and putting Danny on would of been a good move and let Ramires play in his actual position.

I was screaming for drogba to come on just so we had an out ball but he was absolutely rubbish although so were most of the team.

I thought Luiz played a stormer he was everywhere, he seems to have calmed down a bit thank god

Anyway big one on Saturday 3 points a must, come on Chelsea !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

We have to beat Spurs, theres no other result that will help us get 4th.

Arsenal were lucky not to be held at Goodison when Drenthe was about 3 yards onside before he scored and got his goal disallowed.

Positives from last night,

Cech commanded his area very well and made a few decent saves.

Luiz and Cahill looked solid together, more so Luiz, its vert rare you conceed 2 goals and its not the defence who's to blame.

Mikel, had a sound game and made forward runs often, one of his better displays.

Torres was lively and should have never been taken off.

Loads of negative points,

Essien, hes past it at this stage and his only contribution brought City into the game.

Meireles, couldnt find a pass all night.

Ramires, useless, theres no point playing him RM, hes been wasted out there and couldnt do many things, like Meireles a lot of wayward passing.

Di Matteo, Tactics and subs, that team and formation didnt work, holding back and trying to defend att his level is always going to cause problems.

Meireles had to come off but why not bring on Danny? He would have been an out ball on the counter, Torres shouldnt have come off as Drogba had maybe 10 touches?

9 games left, Spurs Arsenal, Liverpool, we ned to get at least 23 from 27 to get 4th I think. 7 wins and 2 draws, its not impossible but we have to beat Spurs Saturday or its done.

I think that sums up Arsenals season ...

Good post btw...

jcf wrote: »
    I think that sums up Arsenals season ...

Good post btw...

I honestly thought we were going to get our deserved bit of luck after Cahills goal and get the 3 points, evena draw would have been nice but to see Ramires standing still as Nasri went in and Lamps too slow to catch him you just knew what was going to happen.

All I want for Di Matteo is to pick the best team for the Spurs game and Meireles isnt one of them, neither is Essien, hes to sluggish on the pitch.

For all Dannys failings, dropping him and then not bringing him on was a silly idea and a bad mistake.

He would have been my next sub after the injury to Ivanovic. Surely you'd want pace and energy and mobility in the CM area so Ramires in there, Meireles off and Danny RM would have made more sense.

Mata and Torres got caught a few times trying to turn on it but there was no support as we dropped to deep.

Di Matteo's team selection against Spurs will be interesting to say the least.

Danny has to be re-called and Meireles dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Mereiles is an absolute waste of space, he can't defend, he can't pass. Not sure what he is in the team for.

Essien was shocking but he has played like this for a few years, I think he needs to be sold in the summer, has not been the same player since he came back from injury (the first injury).

The only positive was luiz, he was brilliant again and is starting to show his potential as a top CB. As usual our problem is midfield with no creativity and can't pass the ball.

I really don't fancy us to get top 4 at all, I just don't think we are good enough. The priority for the manager next year will be to get top 4 and that would be a success. We should go all out to get mourinho but if thats not possible I would put hiddink in charge for 1 season with the objective of a top 4 place (hiddink has an option to leave anzhi in july). The new manager must have experience otherwise they will be another AVB.

• Advertisement

Spot on Gav, i dont understand some subs these days. Torres was one of our best players last night, he tracked back and nicked the ball back once or twice. When we got the ball back we needed speed for the counter attack and Torres was that main outlet. Meireles had a shocker and Lamps played too deep to have any affect in our attack which is his strong point.
    Ramires was wasted marking Clicy all night.

Ramires should have replaced Meireles and Sturridge come on for Meireles.
    Looked like we had no fight again once we conceded the goal.
    We seriously need speedy wingers next season!!

If we won last night our match with Spurs would have still been a must win game. Now its do or die, we have got to beat Spurs!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement