Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

gavredking wrote: »
    The City result I can forgive, it was a suspect penalty and a good move that cost us when nobody gave us a hope, the Spurs result was terrible, we had no emphasis or desire to win it, it didnt look like a performance that we needed to get 4th.

Agree on dropping and selling Drogba and one guy I feel gutted for is Lukaku, if he wasnt to be let stay on loan and get first team games at Anderlecht why did we take him for him to rot in the reserves? Sure the guy is 19/20 but having him play for the reserves instead if battling for European football in Europe was a silly decision in retrospect.

Now hes scoring goals for the reserves yes, but surely the Belgian league is a step up from reserve team football in England.

A bad result at Benfica will have the press on Di Matteos back, the honeymoon is over and the hangover from sacking AVB and letting Di Matteo take over is well and truly setting in.

RDM cant be given the job, hes less eqipped and qualified for this job then AVB and I hope Roman knows this.

With RDM, it isnt all his fault, its the players, and I'm sick of saying it this year that not enough of our " big " players havent turned up for him or AVB when he was in charge.

The playing staff, apart from a handful of individuals have let themselves down big time this season.

It sickend me to see the likes of Drogba all smiles after the game shaking hands with the spurs players, he should be ashamed, he should not have enough breath in him to smile!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Aquila wrote: »
    If we end up with an FA cup and fifth place qualifying for the Europa League and a semi final in the UCL would it be a disaster of a season?

I think so ya. At the start of the season AVB was always going find it hard and as fans we we're happy with a title push and UCL football.

So far we've sacked AVB, 5 points off UCL and never looked like maintaining a title push.

All the FA cup'sand UCLsemi'smean nothing if we slip out of the top 4.

If we finish 4th, we'll have to spend moneyt bring in a new manager and new players but we'll have UCL at least, if we finsih 5th we have to do all of the below with less revenue from the Europa league and less pulling power for a manager and players.

:(

Im sorry lads but Man city is man city, we put up a performance away from home were Man City are fierce. We didn quite get the results we were looking for but we cant win ever game. No the Spurs game now thats a whole different story!! We played Spurs at home, our biggest rivals this season and we didnt even look like winning the game. We were terrible no hinding from it.

We had to win the game to just even keep up with them now we are in no mans land. If we fail to get a CL place Spurs will probably have as much money as us, CL qualified, be able to intice better player because of the CL football, will be able to get a good replacement for Harry if he takes the england job. Spurs have a really good squad that are not too far off our own. Our targets like Modric/Hazard wont want to join us with No CL football.

If Roman wants us to play like Barcalona why does he buy big lumpy players like Lukaku and not buy wingers or technical players?
    Even if we did sign Guariloa im not sure even he would be a succses at Chelsea. For a start we would have to get rid of the big egos in the Dressing room. Then replace them with fast technical players, who do we let sign these new players?? Emanleo?? Roman?? or maybe Pep that signs one good player out of ten?

I think we have to wipe the slate clean, drop the big name players and buy the next big thing for each position, two wingers, a RWB and another creative midfield player. We have to look at our board and highlight the derection Roman wants this club to go in.

I think we are in for a rocky ride for the next few years lads unless we either get Mourinho back or find our own answer to Pep Guardiola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I think so ya. At the start of the season AVB was always going find it hard and as fans we we're happy with a title push and UCL football.

So far we've sacked AVB, 5 points off UCL and never looked like maintaining a title push.

All the FA cup'sand UCLsemi'smean nothing if we slip out of the top 4.

If we finish 4th, we'll have to spend moneyt bring in a new manager and new players but we'll have UCL at least, if we finsih 5th we have to do all of the below with less revenue from the Europa league and less pulling power for a manager and players.

All this is true. But I think Chelsea can easily survive the financial aspects of one year away from the UCL. What may do for us is the more general sense of malaise and decline which may dissuade players from signing up.

IMO, if we don't qualify for next year's UCL, only Mourinho or someone better or equivalent will be able to convince the right players to take a chance on signing up for a new CFC project. Anything less and Chelsea are just another Liverpool with limited future prospects.

And if Mourinho comes back to England, but not Chelsea (MUFC, God forbid), take it that our name is officially dirt. After years of drift, the chickens have come home to roost. We have a lot to prove now.

Chelsea sizing up £80m summer move for Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuaín

Chelsea are considering whether to launch an incredible €100 million (£83.6 million) bid to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuaín as part of a major overhaul of the squad this summer.

The Premier League club are running through a number of attacking options and are weighing up an alternative joint bid — a €70 million (£58.5 million) offer to Napoli for Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

All their plans are in the early stages, and no contact has been made with clubs. One of Chelsea’s chief priorities with Didier Drogba set to leave at the end of his contract, along with Salomon Kalou and Florent Malouda and — according to sources — possibly even Daniel Sturridge, is a new-look strike force.

Chelsea’s plans will also depend on who they can attract as manager – hopes of luring Barcelona’s Pep Guardiola remain slim – and whether the club qualify for next season’s
    This news is code for "if JM returns to CFC, he'll get a truckload of money to bring players of his choice with him".

Ronaldo won't come to CFC without someone of the calibre of JM or Guardiola as boss.

The Napoli Heist is probably intended as a fall back position for attracting a manager on a rung below PG/JM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Main points are in bold Sgt.

The structure and number of people in this club that have Romans ear that have limited or little decent insight into the game is crazy and it has and will cost us.

Here, have some of this salt for Ronaldo and Mourhino news and stories.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaWHvQWSAVIjtBZa0vLRIkWWjBx8rIaTjLEKUDwYOh-tMyN_kCZA

I will however say I'd love for it too happen, either or both of the Ronaldo/Mourhino deals.

:pac:

Actually I am probably being a bit naive about the club transfer policy as its quite normal for rich clubs to buy (and sell) players without the managers blessing!

Inter just sacked Raneri - the curse of following Mourinho continues!

Inter just sacked Raneri - the curse of following Mourinho continues!

Watch AVB appointed Inter manager, win a league and Champs league.

:rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Looking forward to tonight, a score draw would do nicely, Benfica are unbeaten at home so it's going to be a tough night

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight, a score draw would do nicely, Benfica are unbeaten at home so it's going to be a tough night

I just hop we drop Drogba and go with our strongest 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

In 4-2-3-1 I'd have :

Cech

Luiz--Cahill--Jt--Cole

--Ramires--Lamps--

Studdge-Mata-Kalou

Torres

Or in 4-3-3 I'd go with :

Cech

Luiz--Cahill--Jt--Cole

Mikel

--Ramires--Lamps--

Studdge-Torres-Mata

I'd take a draw everyday, even a 2-1 lose wouldnt be a diasater, once we get an away goal we always have a chance back at the Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I just hop we drop Drogba and go with our strongest 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

In 4-2-3-1 I'd have :

Cech

Luiz--Cahill--Jt--Cole

--Ramires--Lamps--

Studdge-Mata-Kalou

Torres

Or in 4-3-3 I'd go with :

Cech

Luiz--Cahill--Jt--Cole

Mikel

--Ramires--Lamps--

Studdge-Torres-Mata

I'd take a draw everyday, even a 2-1 lose wouldnt be a diasater, once we get an away goal we always have a chance back at the Bridge.

If Ivan is not fit I like the look of the first team there, looks solid enough defensively and has a bit of threat about it.

If Ivan is not fit I like the look of the first team there, looks solid enough defensively and has a bit of threat about it.

I'd rest Ivan for the next EPL game away to Villa rather then risk him here.

Luiz usedto play with Benfica, so he and Ramires will be used to the atmosphere and playing style of Benfica so thats why I'd like for both of them to start.

Even Luiz at CB with Ivan at RB and Cahill on the bench would work, theres room for either scenario, I just wouldnt start Drogba, Essien, Bosingwa, they've had too many average performances of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Agree about the others , but I would start Drogba.

Its the type of game where he can pull a performance out of the bag. Give him an hour and if nothing happening bring on Torres.
    I'd rest Ivan for the next EPL game away to Villa rather then risk him here.

Luiz usedto play with Benfica, so he and Ramires will be used to the atmosphere and playing style of Benfica so thats why I'd like for both of them to start.

Even Luiz at CB with Ivan at RB and Cahill on the bench would work, theres room for either scenario, I just wouldnt start Drogba, Essien, Bosingwa, they've had too many average performances of late.

bullpost wrote: »
    Agree about the others , but I would start Drogba.

Its the type of game where he can pull a performance out of the bag. Give him an hour and if nothing happening bring on Torres.

Last 5 games and who has started.

Drogba v Stoke - Scored, Played ok
    Drogba V Napoli - Scored, Played well
    Torres v Leicester - Scored 2, 2 Assists, MoTM
    Torres v City - Played well,
    Drogba v Spurs - Useless

its ahrd to tell what RDM will do tongiht but I feel he'll play Torres for his movement and runs that will create space for others, I'd suggest the opposite and bring Drigba on for the last 15 minutes and go the battering ram option.

Laurent Blanc latest sacrificial lamb , er manager, to be linked with us:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27032012/58/premier-league-paper-round-chelsea-8m-blanc-cheque.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Laurent Blanc latest sacrificial lamb , er manager, to be linked with us:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27032012/58/premier-league-paper-round-chelsea-8m-blanc-cheque.html

Yeah saw that. The new manager will fail unless they are allowed to completely overhaul the squad with players that are loyal to them, also the pressure is likely to be off with no champions league football to distract. The aim will be to get back into top 4.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Yeah saw that. The new manager will fail unless they are allowed to completely overhaul the squad with players that are loyal to them, also the pressure is likely to be off with no champions league football to distract. The aim will be to get back into top 4.

AVB was meant to have a 3 year plan and that lasted a couple of months, no manager coming to Chelsea will feel safe if they go on a slump during the season, which is a joke because it distracts the squad, draws media attention to the team and the managers future.

I really though AVB would be the guy to bring us long term success but he was scrapped, I hope the next guy gets some stability and some job security but for his first few weeks hes going to be hounded by questions of what if the results go wrong etc etc etc.

I just cant wait for August 2012 and the start of a new season with hopefully a new manager, theres no way RDM is going to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

AVB was meant to have a 3 year plan and that lasted a couple of months, no manager coming to Chelsea will feel safe if they go on a slump during the season, which is a joke because it distracts the squad, draws media attention to the team and the managers future.

I really though AVB would be the guy to bring us long term success but he was scrapped, I hope the next guy gets some stability and some job security but for his first few weeks hes going to be hounded by questions of what if the results go wrong etc etc etc.

I just cant wait for August 2012 and the start of a new season with hopefully a new manager, theres no way RDM is going to get it.

I get the impression your not a RDM fan then, personally I think he has done a good job and maybe if AVB was sacked a month or 2 earlier then we may have a much better chance of championsleague qualification.

• Advertisement

I get the impression your not a RDM fan then, personally I think he has done a good job and maybe if AVB was sacked a month or 2 earlier then we may have a much better chance of championsleague qualification.

Mmmmmmm, personally I dnt think hes good enough to get the job full time, if AVB's tactics are questionnable RDM are down right strange.

Against Stoke he rested a few players with the Napoli game in mind and it nearly cost us, we were the same Chelsea team that had played under AVB, he brought off Meireles after 35 minutes for Mata and changed the game, he setup Drogba. Now on the flip side to that you can say he was right, we went and played 120 minutes against Napoli but this resting of players, is a strange one.

Against City there was 4 stand out players, Cech, Cahill, Luiz, Torres, yet he drops Torres against Spurs to play a Drogba who was ineffective. :confused:

Torres is like Anelka, your not going to get much from him if hes coming from the bench.

He benched Danny against City which was stupid enough and then brought on Essien to replace Meireles, instead of Sturridge for Meireles and Ramires going to CM and Danny RW.

We should have been attacking City, we looked comfortable enough at the back becasue we were attacking for 60 minutes and had support for Torres.

If RDM can get us 4th I'll be surprised, in a good way. The honeymoon period is over and I know RDM is a club legend but he wont bring us forward IMO.

I'd love to eat my words with an FA cup trophy, 4th place and a Semi-Final of the UCL but I have my reservations.

LOL - I think Big Sam could have got us top four!

IMO the reasons for our demise were

1/ The high line - so we throw matches away by conceding late as after all the hard work of actually scoring a goal (Remember we havent scored half as many as previous seasons and generally found it diffuclt to score) thus putting unnecessary stress on a defense that wasnt confident playing the AVB way in the forst place!
    After dropping the high line we have kept many more clean sheets

2/ Not playing the RIGHT players at the RIGHT time.
    It was ok to rotate Lamps, but not in the matches that he did, playing Meriles, malouda, Essien when clearly not fit or out of form

LOL - I think Big Sam could have got us top four!

IMO the reasons for our demise were

1/ The high line - so we throw matches away by conceding late as after all the hard work of actually scoring a goal (Remember we havent scored half as many as previous seasons and generally found it diffuclt to score) thus putting unnecessary stress on a defense that wasnt confident playing the AVB way in the forst place!
    After dropping the high line we have kept many more clean sheets

2/ Not playing the RIGHT players at the RIGHT time.
    It was ok to rotate Lamps, but not in the matches that he did, playing Meriles, malouda, Essien when clearly not fit or out of form

+ 1,000,000

I like RDM always have such a cool player, and even a cool manager. But I dont think he is ready for a job such as Chelsea manager, perhaps he will be one day but not now I think.

Hopefully we will finish the season very well (4th is beyond us though) which will look really good on Robbies CV and thus he gets a good new job. I dont know why but I just dont see him staying on as AM to a new manager. Hopefully Eddie will stay though.

I like RDM always have such a cool player, and even a cool manager. But I dont think he is ready for a job such as Chelsea manager, perhaps he will be one day but not now I think.

Hopefully we will finish the season very well (4th is beyond us though) which will look really good on Robbies CV and thus he gets a good new job. I dont know why but I just dont see him staying on as AM to a new manager. Hopefully Eddie will stay though.

When the new maanger comes in he can do as he pleases........but dont sack Eva.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPh_t-2WyYKSXVi1BUsi4jUGQ3OaeXOoHAOy1kgt77CHO6Fu4zK0qGyu4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Cech

Luiz--Cahill--Jt--Cole

Mikel

--Ramires--Lamps--

Studdge-Torres-Mata

This for me except I'd have Romeu instead of Mikel as I believe we have a fully fit squad.

• Advertisement

Mmmmmmm, personally I dnt think hes good enough to get the job full time, if AVB's tactics are questionnable RDM are down right strange.

[...]

I'd love to eat my words with an FA cup trophy, 4th place and a Semi-Final of the UCL but I have my reservations.
    RDM is nothing but an interim stopgap. Chelsea's ambitions require a top manager. We've had the good fortune to have JM and CA. The next stage requires someone of that stature.

Assuming Chelsea are still functioning as a top club, RDM will be gone in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

RichT wrote: »

Cech

Luiz--Cahill--Jt--Cole

Mikel

--Ramires--Lamps--

Studdge-Torres-Mata

This for me except I'd have Romeu instead of Mikel as I believe we have a fully fit squad.

Mikel was great tonight. He has been good for the last couple of games too. Its Meireles that needs to go from the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well done lads, Ram Torres Mikel and Luiz and a shout out to Ferreria who played very well also.
    Mata really looks knackered.
    The job half done.:)

You got it right.

Torres was really good tonight. Great result for us.

Drogba v Spurs - Useless

its ahrd to tell what RDM will do tongiht but I feel he'll play Torres for his movement and runs that will create space for others, I'd suggest the opposite and bring Drigba on for the last 15 minutes and go the battering ram option.

• Advertisement

You got it right.

Torres was really good tonight. Great result for us.

Drogba v Spurs - Useless

Its what we needed. If were playing a system that requires movement then Torres is the best bet. You can guarntee Drogba would have been central for the goal, its just what he does. Torres must be close to double figure assists this year and its positioning and running to space to create space for others that Torres is excellent at. Its frustrating seeing him play wide right or left and having nobody in the box but if he plays that way and creates goals im all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Luiz was an absolute rock for you lot tonight. I'm sure you will be hoping he plays like that more often.

Smegball wrote: »
    Luiz was an absolute rock for you lot tonight. I'm sure you will be hoping he plays like that more often.

Hes turned the page. Sometimes you got to put it out instead of playing out and he is showing signs of reaching an understanding of when to be an attacking liberio or when to sit back and deal with things simply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is'nt he on a yellow?
    Rather have him against Barca meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Panthro wrote: »
    Is'nt he on a yellow?
    Rather have him against Barca meself.

If we do meet barca in the semi and any of our players are a booking away from a suspension you can guarantee Barca will exploit that, I have a feeling AC will go through maybe just because I hate Barcelona :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I wasn't able to watch the match last night. Looking at the highlights, Benfica had their chances as much as Chelsea. Looks like it could have gone either way? However, based on feedback in here & match thread though it looked like Chelsea were far superior?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    If we do meet barca in the semi and any of our players are a booking away from a suspension you can guarantee Barca will exploit that, I have a feeling AC will go through maybe just because I hate Barcelona :pac:

AC are no mugs. I know this is the first year since the last won theyve been past the round of 16 but theyre a good team.

They'll certainly cause Barca problems and if the group games are anything to go by this will be close.

Over the two games in the group it finished 2-2 in the Camp Nou and 3-2 to Barca in the San Siro.
    Jagera wrote: »
    I wasn't able to watch the match last night. Looking at the highlights, Benfica had their chances as much as Chelsea. Looks like it could have gone either way? However, based on feedback in here & match thread though it looked like Chelsea were far superior?

Benfica had 3 good chances, which would have been shown on the highlights, the one when Cordoba shot wide, the one off the line and the header from 6 yards.

On the flip side we had Mata clear through, Mata again trying to chip the keeper when a pull back would have led to a goal.

Benfica had more shots and possesion but the true nature of the game was we we're comfortable for most of it while been fairly solid at the back, and you rarely hear that when you know Paolo Ferriera is at RB.

There was some very good performances, Mikel, Luiz, Ramires, Torres and only Meireles was poor IMO.

Sets us up nicely for next week.

I have to say i taught we were poor other than solid at the back. In the second have we were terrible even though we got the goal we continually gave away possession and seemed to panic on the ball.

We had nothing going forward at times. Meireles should have come off for Sturridge and targeted the Benfica LB Emmerson and moved Ramires to Midfield. Kalou for me was headless for most of the match and did not offer enough cover for Cole on the left flank.

Mata does look jaded and Torres had a great game again. Luiz was outstanding!!! All in all im happy with the result but i felt we could have been a lot better. The tie is far from over, Benfica will go all out attack at the bridge and we have to be ready with fast counter attacking players, rest Sturridge Torres Mata and Ramires for it.

Jagera wrote: »

Benfica werent great, we werent much better!
    Benfica had more chances, but they werent clear cut, mainly shooting straight at Cech, their final ball let them down but then JT and Luiz did a great job of shutting them out.
    They seemed to push EVERYONE up at corners but again didnt really cause a problem.
    Their right back was slow and Ramires frequently took advantage.
    A better Chelsea side would have scored more I reckon but pleased with the result.
    Classic CL, let the home side dominate possession and hit them on the break

Benfica werent great, we werent much better!
    Benfica had more chances, but they werent clear cut, mainly shooting straight at Cech, their final ball let them down but then JT and Luiz did a great job of shutting them out.
    They seemed to push EVERYONE up at corners but again didnt really cause a problem.
    Their right back was slow and Ramires frequently took advantage.
    A better Chelsea side would have scored more I reckon but pleased with the result.
    Classic CL, let the home side dominate possession and hit them on the break

Thats why I think we'll do well against Barca if they get through.

This year we've been poor enough when we've had to break teams down but if a team comes an attacks us we can mount a fairly good defence and hit them on the counter with Mata, Sturridge, Torres, Ramires.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    I have to say i taught we were poor other than solid at the back. In the second have we were terrible even though we got the goal we continually gave away possession and seemed to panic on the ball.

We had nothing going forward at times. Meireles should have come off for Sturridge and targeted the Benfica LB Emmerson and moved Ramires to Midfield. Kalou for me was headless for most of the match and did not offer enough cover for Cole on the left flank.

Mata does look jaded and Torres had a great game again. Luiz was outstanding!!! All in all im happy with the result but i felt we could have been a lot better. The tie is far from over, Benfica will go all out attack at the bridge and we have to be ready with fast counter attacking players, rest Sturridge Torres Mata and Ramires for it.

^ No need to rest Sturridge for the Villa game,hes been dropped for the last 2 games, he'll be well rested for the trip to Villa.

I can see Mata and Torres getting rested.

Go 4-3-3 against Villa,

Cech

Bos---Cahill--JT--Cole

Mikel

---Lamps--Essien---

Studge--Drogs--Kalou

Keep Ivanovic rested for the Benfica game.

Should have enough to beat Villa with that front three alone.

Thats why I think we'll do well against Barca if they get through.

This year we've been poor enough when we've had to break teams down but if a team comes an attacks us we can mount a fairly good defence and hit them on the counter with Mata, Sturridge, Torres, Ramires.

Actually I think I did us a disservice
    Now I think of it Kalou had a good header he put over, Mata rounded the keeper but the angle was too tight and Torres turned 3 players inside and shot over

Luiz cleared one off the line!

Actually I think I did us a disservice
    Now I think of it Kalou had a good header he put over, Mata rounded the keeper but the angle was too tight and Torres turned 3 players inside and shot over

Luiz cleared one off the line!

At least we're creating chances though ;)

I was more annoyed at Kalou's header then Matas chance,, in terms of technique it only required a flick as our assist king, Torres, had enough pace on the ball into Kalou.

With the season drawing to an end it msut be time for the inevitable new home jersey too come out soon.

I'd hope we could keep this years one for another season, I like it but the powers that be decide to change home jerseys every year.

With the season drawing to an end it msut be time for the inevitable new home jersey too come out soon.

I'd hope we could keep this years one for another season, I like it but the powers that be decide to change home jerseys every year.

Stop producing\wearing cursed away Black Strips as well!

Stop producing\wearing cursed away Black Strips as well!

I'd suggest back to white for an away jersey but as its our current 3rd jersey I dint think that will be done.

The current away jersey is nice but I wouldnt buy it really, it loks too much like a training/warm up top.

My favourite away jersey for some time

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVhrreY2ZDca-a9TSv9ZHPXp-W1892c84cZOGtan7PvXa6HP0vV49rVDY

Im a big fan of this seasons home jersey and our alternate white kit.
    I will also continue to buy each and every jersey we produce..............unless its iluminous!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv22axiue1Ns06r8Ig-JGjtL-65eyT-a9uKc94B0V1TlUMw5Y7THU23gw

Rumours on the net showing these two as our next home kit?

Dont like when we have red on our kit :(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv53ae_PdB3pIKqzfY-PgdWpfJxlsxdij82g8w5Q1DFP9mJk_mHE1mvgmh images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxH0whKMTLn8NwKo5b-jh8Rg3Xq-JMhu32IcREM6TOKidobAWiWRQMmhg

• Advertisement

I'd suggest back to white for an away jersey but as its our current 3rd jersey I dint think that will be done.

The current away jersey is nice but I wouldnt buy it really, it loks too much like a training/warm up top.

Nay nay thrice nay much as I do like our white shirts our traditional away kit is yellow. White can be third for sure but some of our yellow away kits were great.

We could also stop wearing blue socks on occassion as well then, really dont like an all blue kit. Go back to yellow stripes, numbers and socks instead of white.

As Lord Ferg says at this stage of the season its all about results and last nights was terriffic. Had an awful feeling when I saw the line up by fair play Robbie. Paulo had a great game looked like the Paulo of 5 years ago. I just wish Ash had got a yellow card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement