Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    Plenty of this matters,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsG25Q6NIqBRqCrD7MWcGxfwNaaEB9-LTkaF5jA9cTnG7E8U7jFqUtfNiXZg
    If someone offers you £60K* a week and UCL football and another team offer you £90K* a week without who are you going to join?

Especially if the team without UCL football will be fighting and very likely get it the next season.

* Figures are total guess work, should City/Utd/Spurs/Arsenal come in they'll offer more then the basic £60K a week I mentioned, but my point is valid I feel.

You join Real Madrid for 120k per week :p

Wait till you see how well he does there , I know were playing a lot better now but it was a shame things did not work out for AVB at the club , I still say he was the master of his own downfall ,

Firstly got the media offside fairly lively ,

Secondly he should not of given some of this team a season to prove themselves as it ultimately cost him his job , I can guarantee that if he had of shipped out 3 or 4 of the older guard at the beginning of the season he would still be in a job

RDM has basically gone back to basics and got the team together again.
    It's worked and it's given him a right shot at getting a contract.
    TBH he should never have been sacked by West Brom IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    You join Real Madrid for 120k per week :p

Speculative figures my friend :p

I'm sure Man City or Barca could easily beat us for wages if pushed came to shove.

Sure isnt Messi on close to €275K a week or is my source way off?

gavredking wrote: »
    Speculative figures my friend :p

I'm sure Man City or Barca could easily beat us for wages if pushed came to shove.

Sure isnt Messi on close to €275K a week or is my source way off?

Well if Torres is on 200k per week I think Messi deserves 275k :)

I don't think City will go for Hazard unless it's just to piss others off.
    I don't think Hazard would go to City either as he's said already he wants to play.
    I'd say Barca won't pay the transfer fee but who knows.

IMO it will be between Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Real Madrid

Well if Torres is on 200k per week I think Messi deserves 275k :)

I don't think City will go for Hazard unless it's just to piss others off.
    I don't think Hazard would go to City either as he's said already he wants to play.
    I'd say Barca won't pay the transfer fee but who knows.

IMO it will be between Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Real Madrid

Not arguing what Messi earns at all, I think he deserves MOAR!! :pac:

In fairness I agree with ya, City wouldnt have much use for him unless they ship a couple of players out.

Arsenal would defiently be interested if the price was right but if ourselves, Utd and Real Madrid come in, unless he wants to go to Arsenal then he'll get a better financial package elsewhere.

It could end up like the Mata deal when we basically were able to trump Arsenal to his signature.

If he decides to go to Real, I'l happily take Di Maria, sure we could always do with another guy that goes down easily. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Im with you Gav, my number one target would be Hazard. If we dont get Hazard im sure he will go to Madrid and then we go all out for Di Maria.
    Im sure we have a better chance then Utd at his signature having already signed some of the best Belgian players.

We still need to sign at least one other winger, a creative midfielder and a right back. Im getting sick of Sturridge lately but i think he could benifit from playing as our CF/ST. He is capable of doing a job as a right forward but he is way too selfish and plays for himself.

what a day wrote: »
    Im with you Gav, my number one target would be Hazard. If we dont get Hazard im sure he will go to Madrid and then we go all out for Di Maria.
    Im sure we have a better chance then Utd at his signature having already signed some of the best Belgian players.

We still need to sign at least one other winger, a creative midfielder and a right back. Im getting sick of Sturridge lately but i think he could benifit from playing as our CF/ST. He is capable of doing a job as a right forward but he is way too selfish and plays for himself.

I wouldnt be to sure of that, Courtois and De Bruyne are on loan and Lukaku hasnt had a sniff at the 1st team, they could easily say to Hazard that at the moment it isnt right to join Chelsea but it all depends what the manager says to him to persuade him to come here if any deal does come about.

Edit : We do need Hazard though. :pac:

Hazard is way ahead of the others ability wise and would be part of our starting 11. Lukaku is too young and has Drogba and Torres in his way. De Bruyne was part of the deal when we signed him, but to be fair De Bryune is not an out and out winger if you ask me. He would be more of a left/center mid.

Hazard wont have any one in front of him if he chose us...other than Kalou ;)

If he chose Utd he will be up against Valencia Nani and Young.
    If he chose Madrid he will be up against Ronaldo and Di Maria.

Easy choice if you ask me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

what a day wrote: »
    If he chose Utd he will be up against Valencia Nani and Young.
    If he chose Madrid he will be up against Ronaldo and Di Maria.

Easy choice if you ask me :P

He'd be playing in the midfield for Utd. if he signs for them, where he'd almost certainly be in the starting 11.

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    He'd be playing in the midfield for Utd. if he signs for them, where he'd almost certainly be in the starting 11.

Agreed he'd definitely make the starting 11 most weeks at Man United but I don't think it would be in the midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Get Stevan Jovetić

Ah no way, id prefere Hazard out wide and up front. His speed and skill would be wasted in midfield. He would prefer to play for Chelsea as a forward/winger.............i would any way.

Still think de Bruyne, Lukaku and Courtois will have an influence on his final decision. plus playing as an attacker with more wages or playing as a midfielder with Utd. Hazard could be a star at Chelsea but would not shine so bright having to out shine Rooney..............i hope.

Get Stevan Jovetić

He's not as good as Hazard

Today French newspaper La Voix Du Nord reported on their website that French Champions Lille had approached Chelsea discussing the possibility of young Belgian winger Kevin De Bruyne moving to northern France next season.

The proposed move makes sense for both club and player – De Bruyne would gain valuable experience in one of Europe’s top leagues and would possibly play in Lille’s Champions League fixtures next season – but could have larger implications regarding their own Belgian winger. It has been well documented that the 21-year old will be leaving Ligue 1 this summer with the Premier League his preferred destination. With at least four or five English clubs ready to bid for the young star, using De Bruyne as leverage could be to Chelsea’s advantage.

In recent weeks both Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini have been to France to observe the forward in person, but Chelsea’s interest is also well known after reports they were close to a deal in January. Although the move never looked likely during the current season, Chelsea’s desire to bring France’s player of the season to Stamford Bridge was clear to see.

Any move from Lille for De Bruyne would surely include a deal seeing Hazard make the journey across the channel and see Chelsea beat both Manchester United, Manchester City and London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham for the coveted Belgian’s signature.

There is a long way to go before the transfer window opens, all the interested parties will have their say in where Hazard’s end up next season, but this is a very interesting development that puts Chelsea ahead of the chasing pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Agreed he'd definitely make the starting 11 most weeks at Man United but I don't think it would be in the midfield

Sorry, I meant more up front as a forward, similar role to the one Rooney is playing at the moment, with a lot of licence to drift out wide. He'd get a fair few games on the wings too.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I meant more up front as a forward, similar role to the one Rooney is playing at the moment, with a lot of licence to drift out wide. He'd get a fair few games on the wings too.

I'd agree with that. He's very versatile

They love wingers at Utd.

Hazard has made it clear, he will only sign for a club that is competing for all honours, where he gets game time and in a young team that is pretty much built around him!
    He knows there will be plenty of cash wherever he goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

is the match on RTE ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    is the match on RTE ?
    TV3

sorry for the double post .... so f*cking nervous its unreal....

• Advertisement

Well, its better this way then in 2009 ....

snip .... hold that thought ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well, its better this way then in 2009 ....

snip .... hold that thought ....

Damn it I saw that post and was going to quote if for posterity! We're alive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Regardless of tonight's result, JT has just checked out of top level football. There's still life in some of the older players. Cech, Cole and Lampard can still contribute. JT has too many flaws and it's time to move on. RA has to step in and swing the lead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fair fúcks lads - deserved it in the end.

Great performance from Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Congrats to Chelsea, fantastic performance and even more so in the second half when they were down to 10 men. Just a shame that players who fought every sec of 180 mins will miss the finals.

I have never cried before for Chelsea .... Torres goal worth all the money ...

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

My god fair ****s!!! I have never counted down the minutes of a half 45,44,43... like that for anyone but my beloved United but I well done!!! An immense performance! I text my mate after Barca got the 2nd saying it's gonna be nasty but my god ye defended like heroes in fairness.

I feel so dirty.

Just one question? Who's gonna play in the final!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fantastic night for ye guys!!!!!

Well done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Wow, didn't think that Chelsea team had it in them. Fair play, RDM must get the job now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Unbelievable resilience. Never seen the likes of it. Congrats to them. Must feel amazing to be a fan right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Well done Chelsea,Di Matteo has to get the job now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

If the final goes to pentalies at least Terry won't step up.
    Be intersting to beat Real Madrid in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Great result and fair focks to ye!!! great to see a premiership team in the final. Best of luck in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well done from a United fan.

Ignore the bitterness in the match thread. Or embrace it with gifs, it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Well done Chelsea. Hard on the players going to miss it but terry can't complain so stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

[Twenty Past Eight Post]Chelsea should be fined for that[/Twenty Past Eight Post].

Genuine post match post, congrats enjoy the night and check those flights to Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

im a united fan tonight im am delighted for ye guys, well done hope ye win it now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Well done Chelsea,Di Matteo has to get the job now

Grant got Chelsea to a penalty kick of winning the champions league and pushed United hard for the title. He was booted out the door once the season was done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

So happy for Torres. As bitter as I was when he left Liverpool, he's got some stick and I hope he can go on now with confidence and be the player he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Unfuckingbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

My steam died just before torres scored, anyone got a link to it?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    My steam died just before torres scored, anyone got a link to it?
    Kinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Well done chelsea....great performance tonight when down to 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Congrats Chelsea fans. That was fun.

Fair play to all the well wishers on here. Nice to see.

Chelsea lads on here, did I ever tell ye I love Fernando Torres?

Im going out tonight anyway I may not make work but its worth it.

Well done lads carefree and never ever give up. We jave about 5 missing the final but you never know.

Blue is the colour!!!!

Guts and effort won that.
    Great finish by Torres.
    Rode their luck only a small bit IMO.
    Cech didn't really have as many saves to make as you'd think but he was brilliant when called on.
    Ivanovic was brilliant again IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

United fan here , just wanted to pop my head in and say well done lads , you totally deserved that and i just hope you go and win the thing , seriously well done :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Guts and effort won that.
    Great finish by Torres.
    Rode their luck only a small bit IMO.
    Cech didn't really have as many saves to make as you'd think but he was brilliant when called on.
    Ivanovic was brilliant again IMO

Was still a dive for that peno in my books :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement