Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think Ramires will be the biggest loss of the suspended players for the final in Munich.
    He's been terrific for Chelsea. He's a workhorse with the skill to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

gavredking wrote: »
    Your in Shanghai I gather from your location :p

How have they taken to Anelka?

TBH if Drogba goes he owes the club nothing, hes been one of our best performers over the last number of years and hes a club legend, I hope, if he goes its on the back of a UCL victory.

I think the summer is definitely the perfect time for him to leave, on the back of an amazing few weeks of performances. If he had left after last season, or even last January, his reputation would have been in tatters, but now he can once again seen as being a Chelsea legend throughout his whole Chelsea career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    I think Ramires will be the biggest loss of the suspended players for the final in Munich.
    He's been terrific for Chelsea. He's a workhorse with the skill to go with it.

He can be a bit headless at times but the guy sets our tempo in CM, theres not to many players in current squad that would have had the will to play one - two with Lampard anc continue charging through Barca's rear guard like that and then try an execute a sublime lob over Valdes.

It took some balls and he'll be sorely missed by our midfield as nobody else has his work rate drive from CM.

Ivanovic will be a lose to as I think if Bosingwa plays RB, and looks likely he will barring an injury, he can be got at by either Di Maria/Ronaldo/Ribery/Robben :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

OyrIk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

For the lucky 17,500 ones!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL TICKET INFORMATION

Posted on: Tue 24 Apr 2012
    UEFA Champions League Final
    Saturday 19 May
    Munich, Germany
    Ticket allocation and prices
    Chelsea FC will receive approximately 17,500 tickets for the UEFA Champions League Final. Tickets will be priced at 70 Euros, 160 Euros, 260 Euros and 370 Euros. We have also received 200 youth package tickets for one adult and one junior (aged under 14) priced at 140 Euros. We have been allocated tickets in the north side of the stadium.
    Selling procedures (dates to be confirmed)
    • Supporters on the UEFA away scheme can purchase their ticket. The best-priced tickets available will be held for supporters on the away scheme. Supporters on the scheme will be able to select an alternative priced ticket.
    • One ticket will be sold to season-ticket holders on a loyalty-point basis
    • Any remaining tickets will go on sale - One ticket per member on a loyalty-point basis
    Duplicate tickets and collection procedure
    We regret to inform supporters there will be NO duplicate tickets available for this match.
    All tickets must be collected from the box office only in person. Special opening times will apply in order to assist supporters collecting their ticket. Full details of opening times and collection procedure will be available once the selling dates are confirmed.
    Declaration forms
    The standard UEFA away declaration form will need to be completed in order to collect the ticket. This will be available online to download once ticket sales commence.
    Packages with Thomas Cook
    Official flight and coach packages will be available from Thomas Cook. These packages will be on sale from the Thomas Cook website. Packages will also be sold in line with the club's ticketing policy. All tickets will be distributed by Thomas Cook on the selected method of transport. Supporters travelling with Thomas Cook will NOT need to complete a declaration form and will need to secure a match ticket with Thomas Cook.

A further communication will be announced once the tickets arrive.
    All ticket sales are subject to availability.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

7112216215_ef674834d0_o.gif

Torres has just paid for himself the look on his face and his body language here, he must be delighted, imagine sealing your teams progression to the UCL Final and at the home of one of the biggest and best sides in football and just reminding the Spansih public that with teh Euro's around the corner not to forgot me.

:cool:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYw-GamQ0lpBmpZLLpVCqF4EMYiShYd17vxmNNMVLyv3GN8TWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

And when he caps it off with a couple in the final and a MOTM performance he'll be a shoe-in for the Euros ;)
    Torres has just paid for himself the look on his face and his body language here, he must be delighted, imagine sealing your teams progression to the UCL Final and at the home of one of the biggest and best sides in football and just reminding the Spansih public that with teh Euro's around the corner not to forgot me.

:cool:

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    And when he caps it off with a couple in the final and a MOTM performance he'll be a shoe-in for the Euros ;)

I wont be greedy, I'll take a scrambled effort from 3 yards if its the winner and he can sit at home polishing his UCL winners medal for the summer for all I care. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Your in Shanghai I gather from your location :p

How have they taken to Anelka?

TBH if Drogba goes he owes the club nothing, hes been one of our best performers over the last number of years and hes a club legend, I hope, if he goes its on the back of a UCL victory.

Well they made Anelka player coach and the fact that the team had a bad start to the season (tbh not many people I know talk or care about sport in general here let alone football) which lead to him replacing his predecessor means he gets some leeway with how badly he will be judged just now. Tbh I dont think they would classify him as a failure no matter what happens. They will convince themselves that he was worth the outlay and they seem to believe him as the gaffer could attract friends of his this way namely Drogba who i'd agree would owe Chelsea nothing and has been a great servant for you.

Kinda funny how player power undermining th management has often been cited at Chelsea and now I could imagine Shanghai being a nice big payday for Chelsea players who would then probably be managing themselves in many ways.

So four epic games - Napoli,Spurs, Barca x 2 for Robbie.

Do people think he's now done enough to get the job permanently or does he still need to deliver 4th. or FA or CL ?

Personally want to see him get it regardless of future.

Do people think he's now done enough to get the job permanently or does he still need to deliver 4th. or FA or CL ?

Entirely depends on Roman
    No one knows what he really thinks, but we are all pretty sure on the following requirements, which are the very opposite of last night!

1/ Play attractive football as per Barca
    2/ Play attractive and winning football as per Barca
    3/ Revamp the squad with younger players (The "Project")
    4/ As part of the revamp, get some Chelsea youth players into the team

Is Robbie capable of all that?

Kinda funny how player power undermining th management has often been cited at Chelsea and now I could imagine Shanghai being a nice big payday for Chelsea players who would then probably be managing themselves in many ways.

Could be a good pay day for 2 years alright, I could see Drogba and Malouda being tempted by the offer, I mean you cant shy away from the money that is on the table especially if you want one last big payday.

Even though I'm sure Drogba and Malouda et al arent stuck for money when they use the ATM. :pac:

If we finish 6th, no FA cup, no UCL which is very likely he wont get the job and the joy of the last few weeks will be forgotten fairly sharpish.

On the other hand if we win the FA cup and UCL he gives himself the ebst possible chance to get the job. The players, for whatever reason have taken to his management and are doing better then under AVB. I think hes more calming influence on the players and less confrontational then AVB.

At the end of the season Roman has a big call, he can hire RDM and nearly every fan would re-joice at a club legend getting the job or Roman could bring in his own man and lose a lot of respect with the fan base.

If he decides to let RDM go, then RDM can keep his chin up for the job hes done. I also think nothing short of bringing in Mourhino will appease the fans if he lets RDM go and in a weird twist, consdier this,

If we lose the UCL to Real theres grounds to let RDM go and with Mourhino after breaking Barca's dominance with a La Liga victory and UCL victory it would be a perfect time for him to walk away as he would have won it all with Real Madrid and stopped Barca.

Its crazy club at times to support. :pac:

Is it just me, or do other people really really want to beat the scousers over winning the CL? :D

• Advertisement

Is it just me, or do other people really really want to beat the scousers over winning the CL? :D

I'd happily lose every game until the UCL final.

The scousers can have the domestic cups if they want.

Bigger fish and all that. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Did anyone notice that the ref outran the barca players when Torres was bearing down on goal.
    Great night to be a Chelsea fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I'd happily lose every game until the UCL final.

The scousers can have the domestic cups if they want.

Bigger fish and all that. :p

This. They can keep the FA cup if we win the big one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sorry if that's been posted, great vid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I would say anyone, regardless of the opposition, that wants the trinket that is the FA cup instead of the CL needs their head examined.

• Advertisement

iregk wrote: »
    I would say anyone, regardless of the opposition, that wants the trinket that is the FA cup instead of the CL needs their head examined.

I called it a trinket originally in my post but thought it a bit harsh. And also if its the only thing we win then it becomes a very important achievement for the club!

Did anyone notice that the ref outran the barca players when Torres was bearing down on goal.
    Great night to be a Chelsea fan.

Class :D

I remember saying it to the buddy when we seen the replays.

TBF he wasnt the worse referee, JT deserved to go, the penalty was a dive but it looked like he was willing to let it go until his assistant or linesman called it.

Bookings were just for the most that I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I called it a trinket originally in my post but thought it a bit harsh. And also if its the only thing we win then it becomes a very important achievement for the club!

I would agree with you that it's an ok thing to have at the end of an otherwise fruitless season. Puts at least some sort of a smile on your face. If however you have a toss up between two finals and the other being the CL then that takes all and every priority. If Chelsea win the CL then I personally couldn't give a white s**te about the FA cup regardless of who won it.

Is anyone?
    Entirely depends on Roman
    No one knows what he really thinks, but we are all pretty sure on the following requirements, which are the very opposite of last night!

1/ Play attractive football as per Barca
    2/ Play attractive and winning football as per Barca
    3/ Revamp the squad with younger players (The "Project")
    4/ As part of the revamp, get some Chelsea youth players into the team

Is Robbie capable of all that?

Is anyone?

Winning is all that matters, you give Roman an option.

Win trophies and challenge or you can play good football and finish 4th year on year.

This guy delivers the first in abundence and soem of the second.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQgG0c86QHJ3griUV_1WJZrEtjXIwB-0L4_DOS9jqad4g4fXpb6g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Johner wrote: »
    ikIy3pdWTX7Lf.gif

:)

He's just too good to miss an open net twice in one season! :pac:

Page 666 :eek:

Torres doesnt see a problem.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjUKhTYaiuyLKjCAb8Gnnk_g-9RTOHt3yv6ASkXayJ1L2QkCng3w

Agreed , but he was not good enough for Roman first time round.

Personally I don't see Mourinho coming back just yet, I think if he wins CL and La Liga he will want to build a Real team to dominate for years to come, as what he has achieved with them this season is no big deal for them overall , given their history.
    Winning is all that matters, you give Roman an option.

Win trophies and challenge or you can play good football and finish 4th year on year.

This guy delivers the first in abundence and soem of the second.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQgG0c86QHJ3griUV_1WJZrEtjXIwB-0L4_DOS9jqad4g4fXpb6g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

nuxxx wrote: »

Sorry if that's been posted, great vid!
    Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

From Pat Kenny's show this morning the sport podcast ... Im getting emotional just listening to it....

amazing night.

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2012/pc/pod-v-25041210m44stodaywithpatkenny-pid0-644160_audio.mp3

1:20 in or so ...

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »

Where there was the clips of the commentators almost brought a tear.

Anyway Eamon reckons you could argue that tonight is the real Final so ye better all tune in. Sure the game on the 19th then would be a great chance to give the young lads a run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got an awful slagging prior to last night's game about how Barcelona were going to absolutely destroy us from the lads I work with.
    I just kept saying "ara we'll take them!"
    Thanks be to fcuk the Blues got the result they did, my smugness level went into orbit!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

i suppose i've a better chance of running a sub 3 marathon than getting tickets..

still here goes...

Anyone any tips / help for getting 2 tickets?

still buzzin..

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    i suppose i've a better chance of running a sub 3 marathon than getting tickets..

still here goes...

Anyone any tips / help for getting 2 tickets?

still buzzin..

Me to! :eek:

I have only a few points, so cant go the offical route.
    I usually enter every competition known to man, or search all the chelsea forums for people seliing over priced tickets (amazingly - it does happen!)
    For the barca Stamford Bridge leg, there was a bloke selling a pair for £250, everyone slagged him for ripping off his chelsea supporters, but I would be tempted now!

Other than that its touts or people you know. A lot of tickets go to big business companys - car mfg's etc, so if you knwo anyone. Such a shame they do it this way. My mates an accountant for Mercedes Beinz and he got tickets to the cup final one year even though he didnt support either team. Just Lucky

Looks like its Bayern!

incredible so many missed penos!

happy with that. their suspensions should balance the final out.
    Looks like its Bayern!

incredible so many missed penos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Gustavo and Badstuber will be especially big losses for them. With Van Buyten recuperating from a broken metatarsal and Breno god knows where, Bayern are left with Tymoschuk to cover both CB and CDM. I suppose it could be a CM pair of Schweinsteiger-Kroos but that wouldn't have a hugely defensive prescence. Lahm probably will be at LB too, with Rafinha at RB - it all in all will be a huge defensive reshuffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

reckon that Bayern will be in the home stadium will make much diff ?

will the fans be pretty much 50/50 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You would hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

the_monkey wrote: »
    reckon that Bayern will be in the home stadium will make much diff ?

will the fans be pretty much 50/50 ?

Nah Bayern will get the allocation like we got here for the Europa League final, and then their own allocation like what Chelsea get.

Delighted with Bayern. Their missing a few also. Its going to be some final lads. Bayern at the allianz arena will be no easy game but we are well capable of winning this trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Delighted with Bayern. Their missing a few also. Its going to be some final lads. Bayern at the allianz arena will be no easy game but we are well capable of winning this trophy.

Who will be out for Bayern? I know they had a right few on yellows going into the 2nd leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Essien wrote: »
    Who will be out for Bayern? I know they had a right few on yellows going into the 2nd leg

Gustavo, Alaba and Batstuber.

Alaba had a great game tonight, man of the match for me and only 19.

Gustavo also played really well, he'll be a big loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Will be an interesting final. The suspensions even things up a bit, both sides will be missing key players. It's a pity because IMO only terry deserves to miss the final.

For some reason I have a good feeling about this, the same feeling I had before the barca game and look what happened. Trying not to jinx things.:D Will be drogba last game and he will be fired up for this especially after what happened in moscow. Can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Oh and surely it's a no brainer that RDM gets the job, win or lose in the final I just can't see a better candidate thats realistic especially with jose staying at madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Well of course ye are. Ye just knocked Barcelona out!!! :o
    And fair fvcks to ye. I was shouting for Chelsea that night. They were great.

But don't kid yourselves ;) This trophy has Bayern München written all over it this year. And they are the better side too.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Well of course ye are. Ye just knocked Barcelona out!!! :o
    And fair fvcks to ye. I was shouting for Chelsea that night. They were great.

But don't kid yourselves ;) This trophy has Bayern München written all over it this year. And they are the better side too.

Heard it all before :p

Nah, I'm not kidding myself at all but as soon as we got to the semi final, I would have bitten your hands off to face Bayern in any potential final.

With them missing their first chioce LB, CB and CDM it reflects our own situation.

In all likely hood it will be Rafinha in for Alaba andLahm to LB while Rafinha to RB, at CB, Tymshuck (sp) will probably slot in and Kroos for CDM.

If we can beat Barcelona we can beat anyone, I'd be very disappointed if we dont win the trophy this year TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Any update on Cahill's injury?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Any update on Cahill's injury?

Luiz is meant to be back for the QPR game, RDM's press conference will probably reveal how long Cahill is meant to be out for.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement