Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    Your opinion on Kalou and mine wont ever be the same.

I mentioned Malouda and Sturridge and Anelka to a lesser extant becasue Kalou has played far more games from wide for Chelsea then anywhere else. Even in the early days he would play wide with either Robben or Duff.

Hes not good enough to lead the line like Torres or Drogba can and even Anelka is better then him at that so he would be 4th chioce striker and 3rd choice Support striker behind Anleka and Malouda.

Well keeping him and hindering Sturridge potential would be a stupid move IMO.

I think this says it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19MvPzI3PPQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Your opinion on Kalou and mine wont ever be the same.

I mentioned Malouda and Sturridge and Anelka to a lesser extant becasue Kalou has played far more games from wide for Chelsea then anywhere else. Even in the early days he would play wide with either Robben or Duff.
    I know they won't, that's cool!

Kalou being shafted out to the right or left to cover a problem we have, no wingers. We desperately need a couple within next two years. Should have kept Stoch.

Hes not good enough to lead the line like Torres or Drogba can and even Anelka is better then him at that so he would be 4th chioce striker and 3rd choice Support striker behind Anleka and Malouda.

Well keeping him and hindering Sturridge potential would be a stupid move IMO.
    Keeping him doesn't hinder Sturridge. Sturridge must impress more in training than possibly the leagues best squad player, that is a good thing. Sturridge is in danger of being over rated. Needs to learn to use his right foot or he won't make it at the top level.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Those are pretty good stats for a squad player. Though stats never tell the full story.

In Kalous case they tell the story of a guy who had bags of potential and never had faith shown in him. Was never going to happen at one of Europes elite clubs though.

Granted there is a few stinkers, all strikers have them. Kalou gets himself into great positions alot. Good trait to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

His goal and assist stats are impressive for a player who has made most of his appearances from the bench. He had a great run in the team back in 08 playing on the left, then he was left out of the CL final for Malouda who looked headless. He is actually a pretty tidy finisher, he really splits opinion on Chelsea fans, partly because he can look a bit lethargic or disinterested. It's those eyes, he always looks stoned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I think kalou is a useful squad player, will never be anything more than that but you need squad players to be succesful so we should keep him imo. He is very frustrating to watch though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Kalou wont be going anywhere and rightly so imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

West Ham want £4m to loan Scott Parker to Chelsea for season http://t.co/CdSTNIm via @guardian

Rumour patrol says Modric has handed in a transfer request

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs0sHzNCyARK59AaAKzuDUsG3Xeji9IuBnaZQVBA5X-g84Clg8

;)

hehe - I need some preseason footie to get me in the mood - why it starts this weekend !!!

I don't like any of these new kits :(

Perhaps I should design my own personalised fan top ..:D :D:D !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Rumour patrol says Modric has handed in a transfer request

From where dude?

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    From where dude?

http://www.spurscomm...ead.php?t=76056

Shed source

"Roger Morgan is a spurs ITK, by all accounts he is usually pretty spot on according to them over there. Think they said he's a journo too. Not sure"

He's still on the plane with the rest of the spuds though

Its probably false

Yea thats where I found out too, whats your nickname on shed? I'm the 10th house.

The Daily Mail has got the story about Modric now

Guardian too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

BelgoFoot John Chapman @ Twitter ::

Belgian media report #cfc & Genk have agreed 6 million euro fee for Thibaut Courtois; player has yet to agree. Will be loaned back 1 season

KRC Genk and Chelsea have reached agreement on the transfer of Thibaut Courtois. Courtois next season would have lent to Genk. Only the player has yet to give its consent, he thinks today about the proposal.

Last Friday brought an improved bid for Chelsea Courtois - 8 million euros? - The champion could not ignore lay. But Genk Courtois was necessarily another year longer at the Cristal Arena play, while Chelsea have preferred an English second division would lend. Courtois can not be found because it was First Division for a year, reportedly turned in Chelsea Tuesday.

Yesterday Sat Dirk Degraen so around the table with mum and Thierry Courtois agent Christophe Henrotay. The proposal that was submitted to them last night after the game was transferred to the player.

Thibaut Courtois will normally today in consultation with his father and agent KRC Genk an answer. Is positive, then he moves to Stamford Bridge but he plays soccer next season at the Cristal Arena.

Can't gain access to it as I'm blocked in work, is it a pisstake or serious article?

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Can't gain access to it as I'm blocked in work, is it a pisstake or serious article?

complete pisstake -quite unfunny actually, you aint missing anything!

Modric update- from the bloke in the shed!

"The situation is fluid at the moment and will develop in the very near future."

- Modric's advisor has just said that according to Sky Sports.

Not entirely sure what it means though.

It was on Sky Sports just now. Went to the transfer clock watch where the guy with the touch screen gives an update on transfers and he spoke about Eidur's medical at West Ham and then went on to Modric and said that his advisor had just said that then said it was worth mentioning again, so he repeated it.

Not quite sure what it means though or what to expect.

Falcao has signed a new contract with Porto.

Thats one less to do the rounds so. Good player but we don't need him.

Chelsea have the option to sign Fluminense prospect Ronan, having struck a deal with his employers.

The 16-year-old is co-owned by the west Londoners and the Brazilian club, after an agreement was put in place following Deco's move to Rio de Janeiro.

As Ronan - a highly-rated defender - explains, when Deco left Stamford Bridge last summer, Chelsea were given the opportunity to purchase the rights of three youth team players in order to sweeten the deal.

Chelsea opted to take control of 50 percent of the rights to Ronan and his teammates Wallace and Pernao, who could all move to Stamford Bridge in the future.

"For Deco coming to Fluminense, they needed three players who were based in the juniors," explained Ronan. "They sent a scout to watch the championships and to choose three players - myself and two others (Wallace and Pernao).

"With Deco arriving at the club, they sold 50% of my rights to the English club."

Should the trio of youngsters eventually join Chelsea, they could form part of a Brazilian contingent which already includes David Luis, Ramires and Alex.

Thats one less to do the rounds so. Good player but we don't need him.

Clears the decks for Aguero!:D (Or Crouch :eek:)

Clears the decks for Aguero!:D (Or Crouch :eek:)

I still dont get why we are not in for aguero, he would be class for us, can play in a 4-3-3 with torres and would be excellent imo.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I still dont get why we are not in for aguero, he would be class for us, can play in a 4-3-3 with torres and would be excellent imo.

Same as Sneidjer I think, wages too high and probably doesnt want to come here

• Advertisement

Same as Sneidjer I think, wages too high and probably doesnt want to come here

I think aguero would love to play for chelsea tbh, I think he said a few years back that he would like to play for chelsea but your right, its the wages that have probably put us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I am so sick of the aguero talk, purely as i spent three years searching aguero chelsea on google news waiting for it to happen, he's be perfect but i must move on...

I am so sick of the aguero talk, purely as i spent three years searching aguero chelsea on google news waiting for it to happen, he's be perfect but i must move on...

Well he's going somewhere soon, hes said he aint going back to AM, so we will soon be put out of our misery one way or the other!

I would love him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Really surprise that Falcao signed a new deal, he probably just wanted to milk porto though with a new deal.

Oh btw, we better sign someone really quick !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

the return of flo-mo 2

this article is gas

edit: heres the first flo-mo article

• Advertisement

Sgt Peppers Lonely transfer update!

@BelgoFoot
    John Chapman
    Lukaku watch: Anderlecht management off to London today to talk to #cfc; 15m euro bid on table. it could happen soon.

Scotty to the bridge? :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8638725/Chelsea-close-to-agreeing-a-permanent-deal-with-West-Ham-United-for-old-boy-Scott-Parker.html

Modric - No comment! :D:D:D

Parker for 8 million, **** sake, it better be bollox.

Lukaku on the other hand, it better be true. Would love if we tied up a deal for him this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

+1 on Lukaku

He's the perfect model player to grow into a top Premiership striker, he's definitely one I really want to see us get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

really hope we get the Lukaku deal done, its been in the pipelines for years now!! If we sign him then I dont think we really need another striker, however I do love signing strikers so I still wouldnt say no to Aguero!

If we can lock this down then we can move on to midfield!

agreed lukaku and aguero both

kthxbai

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7037689,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Aguero open to English move

Sergio Aguero has revealed he would be happy moving to England or staying in Spain after reiterating his intention to leave Atletico Madrid.

The Argentina forward, who has been strongly linked with Real Madrid this summer, as well as Chelsea and Manchester City, confirmed on Thursday that he is looking for a new club.

Juventus are also thought to be chasing his signature, but that option now appears less likely.

He said: "I have made clear in my statement that I do not see myself at Atletico.

"If I said I saw myself at Atletico, I'd be lying. I'd prefer to play in Spain or England, those are the two best countries. "
    Sergio Aguero Quotes of the week

"I will seek the best for me, I know that my representatives are working and for now I don't want to think about it. I will do something after the Copa America, when I am able to think calmly.

"But if I said I saw myself at Atletico, I'd be lying. I'd prefer to play in Spain or England, those are the two best countries."
    Loyalty

The 23-year-old would not rule out a move to Atletico's city rivals Real Madrid, insisting his current club was "his place of work" and that his only true loyalty was to his first professional club Independiente back in Argentina.

Aguero told Radio La Red: "I don't see myself (staying) at Atletico. I could not go to Racing (Club de Avellaneda) because I am (loyal to) Independiente. I arrived there aged eight and I want to retire there. But Atletico has been my place of work in Spain.

"I have given everything for the shirt and I have had a lot of fun but as far as my future is concerned, don't bet on anything."

brmccfc wrote: »
    agreed lukaku and aguero both

kthxbai

and pastore and mata....thats all

Johner wrote: »

Spain = Barca or RM. Lets assume that Barca cant afford him,
    so that leaves RM. Would he go to RM as they are rivals?

England = Man City, Man U or us - could possibly come down to money, so we know City and us will outbid Utd.
    We possibly have the edge because of Torres and London.
    They can throw silly money wages

All this is muppetry of the highest "Sneijder to Man U" order :D

Fun dreaming though;)

also im sure that with tevez and aguero both being at the copa america together and with aguero wanting to leave im sure tevez wouldnt be recommending manchester as the place to go considering how he seems so unhappy there

• Advertisement

brmccfc wrote: »
    also im sure that with tevez and aguero both being at the copa america together and with aguero wanting to leave im sure tevez wouldnt be recommending manchester as the place to go considering how he seems so unhappy there

I bet he actually was recommending them.

Mceachran and Bertrand sign new long term deals, great news!. :)

Bloody hell Johner I wonder who was quickest in that post. :eek:

Hopefully it means were doing some dealings this weekend.

Fantastic news:D

great news delighted fort he both of them hope they both get a good run this season

Bertrand is the more interesting signing of the two.
    A 4 year deal for a 22 year old who is not first choice?
    So, either he is going to be true backup for Ashley and Yuri is on his way out, or we are going to loan him out again?
    Or, Ashleys going to join The Black eyed peas? :eek:
    I'm hoping he will start pushing Ashley for a starting place and stay and get a few games under his belt.
    Could he beat Josh and become the first one to break through since JT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Went back a good few pages and couldnt see it embeded.Yosi's amazing goal :)

• Advertisement

Modric watch - complete gossip -no link and nothing to read into it, but..........

Luka Modric and Steven Pienaar will not play against Kaizer Chiefs tomorrow according to Spurs Assistant Coach Joe Jordan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement