Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Coca Cola Super Cup Champions 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LanceStorm wrote: »
    great news about pastore, hope it comes true, thats president and vice president now saying it, he's an exciting player, id be delighted if we signed him, better or worse than Modric dosent come into it for me, ive never been a Modric fan and I want exciting flair players!

I wouldn't get too worked up yet if Sky Italia is the only source

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73200208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Aguero nothing, Don't think we'll actually move for Lukaku unless one striker leaves, the problem is no wants to leave. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

We haven't been linked to Aguero for ages, don't think we have a chance to be honest, he is on his way to City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gourlay teased us with "at least" 2 players now it could be the two youngsters, but I'm going to leave out the goalie. can't see it being pastore or modric, so possibly lukaku. lf the other one is romeu, then someone has to leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd say Lukaku and Romeu.

Sadly Aguero is going to go to City. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Theres no way we are getting Aguero...lets nip that in the bud...

Anyone else watch the game today? Have to say Mikel & McEachran were excellent...Sturridge was ok!! Torres was quiet enough, making good runs but not getting enough good service.

McEachran played in an more attacking role & was the best player on the pitch for the 60 minutes he was on! "Past it Lamps" was also very good today

superfrank wrote: »
    Theres no way we are getting Aguero...lets nip that in the bud...

Anyone else watch the game today? Have to say Mikel & McEachran were excellent...Sturridge was ok!! Torres was quiet enough, making good runs but not getting enough good service.

McEachran played in an more attacking role & was the best player on the pitch for the 60 minutes he was on! "Past it Lamps" was also very good today

agreed, josh is more and more looking like "the one" delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Are my the only one a little pissed off with the media getting on fernandos back. I was just reading the guardians report on todays game saying how poor torres was with no mention of drogbas (anelka or kalous) equally inept performance. That makes no sense to me. The papers just assume drogbas performance was acceptable without question yet they just get on with the torres bashing bandwagon without even questioning drogbas input in the game. It just annoys me a little bit.

I thought torres was ok without being spectacular but nobody played extremly well imo. I just think its a bit harsh.

• Advertisement

On aguero, I really wish chelsea fans would stop mentioning him as a potential target. He was stronly linked to us over the last few years but since we signed torres that has ended our interest. We have shown no interest in signing him this summer and its is clear he is not a target for chelsea.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Are my the only one a little pissed off with the media getting on fernandos back. I was just reading the guardians report on todays game saying how poor torres was with no mention of drogbas (anelka or kalous) equally inept performance. That makes no sense to me. The papers just assume drogbas performance was acceptable without question yet they just get on with the torres bashing bandwagon without even questioning drogbas input in the game. It just annoys me a little bit.

I thought torres was ok without being spectacular but nobody played extremly well imo. I just think its a bit harsh.

honestly each game review has been written before the game even starts, Torres looks off the pace, no imagination or creativity in midfield, massive changes needed... blah blah blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Lazy Journalism... Hopefully he bangs in a few goals but it will take a good season for him to shake off the "Flop" tag from the media....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

On Torres, if he doesn't score in a game it's been normal for him to be accused of having a bad game in the past.
    Doesn't mean he won't pop up and bang in a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pfft, not worth reading into typical journalism, getting on Torres' back over a pre-season match performance, I mean jaysus, is there nothing else worth writing about like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd love for the Pastore news to be true but Palermo are whoring him around to anyone who will potentially take him and bigging up their interest in him.

Depends on the price, he could be a huge coup as well.

this is interesting...

Ian McGarry again!

"Ok. One of the #CFC targets is Adam Johnson. So far, #MCFC have given an unequivocal 'not for sale'. At moment, can't see any movement."

"#CFC been trying for Johnson for more than 6 weeks. Young, English and can play right/left wing. Player would like to move. #MCFC won't sell"

I would be all for a move like this, great talent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Adam J would be a terrific signing but can't see it happening, can play on either wing too, Ian Mcgarry has got most things wrong this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

As much as I'd like to sign AJ.....

He's young
    +
    He's very talented
    +
    He's English
    +
    City are direct competitors
    +
    City are loaded and probably have no real reason to sell
    =
    Extortionate/Unrealistic asking price

I do believe Johnson is a target, could see him wanting to go.

CFC have made enquiry for Pastore but he's very much 2nd choice to Modric. All well with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

adam johnson is a really interesting one id deffo love to have him at the bridge if he could be nabbed

edit: someone on the shed is saying that all bets are suspended on pastore joining us anyone know if its true?

Essien wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to sign AJ.....

He's young
    +
    He's very talented
    +
    He's English
    +
    City are direct competitors
    +
    City are loaded and probably have no real reason to sell
    =
    Extortionate/Unrealistic asking price

id assume this is why the deal more than likely wouldnt happen, shame really as alot of people have said that traditional wingers are what we need and from what ive seen of the lad he's a brilliant prospect!

City didnt break the bank signing him as he was from the championship, so maybe they wouldnt put too much of a ridiculous price tag on him? Also id assume his wages wouldnt be too massive either considering he was a bit of a nobody coming into their star studded squad?

from his perspective he has Silva/Milner ahead of him in the pecking order at city, where as I think he would walk into our right wing spot ahead of Kalou and Sturridge, both of which are strikers out of position!

brmccfc wrote: »
    someone on the shed is saying that all bets are suspended on pastore joining us anyone know if its true?

Paddy Power still allowing it anyway!

If we're in for AJ we migth as well try and nab Balotelli. Younger, more talented ( IMO ) and can play wide or upfront.

Yes his attitude can be a bit questionable but his ability cant be questioned. Im sure City may choose to sell Balotelli before AJ.

In sayign that though, I'd welcome AJ and play him wide left, drop Malouda and let him and Cole tear people apart.

If we are talking twitter rumours then

TRANSFER NEWS CENTRAL EXCLUSIVE: Our source,who is currently close to Chelsea's chief executive ,Ron Gourlay, had talks with him,in which Ron Gourlay confirms Luka Modric deal will go through. Luka Modric will be officially announced as a Chelsea player in Hong Kong on the day of Barclays Asia Trophy. -S.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Transfer-News-Central/215379335161193

gavredking wrote: »
    If we're in for AJ we migth as well try and nab Balotelli. Younger, more talented ( IMO ) and can play wide or upfront.

Yes his attitude can be a bit questionable but his ability cant be questioned. Im sure City may choose to sell Balotelli before AJ.

Mental at Inter, mental at City, would still be mental with us!

Granted ive not seen him play too many times, but I dont see whats so special about him? Is he fast/strong/dibbler/skilful/finisher?

Plus if you put him and Ash together they'l be tormenting youth players and work shadowing students in cobham, pellets and darts!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Mental at Inter, mental at City, would still be mental with us!

Granted ive not seen him play too many times, but I dont see whats so special about him? Is he fast/strong/dibbler/skilful/finisher?

Plus if you put him and Ash together they'l be tormenting youth players and work shadowing students in cobham, pellets and darts!!

I think in terms of his playing ability and style he has great pace, very good on the ball, good technique and a decent finisher, I dont think hes got the head for an out an out striker like Drogba but works very well bringing others in to the game.

I also meant in my post that Cole and Johnson would terrorise defences if we could hook them bith up on the left wing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

In sayign that though, I'd welcome AJ and play him wide left, drop Malouda and let him and Cole tear people apart.

After what he did last night no thanks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

mario no bloody thank you to be honedt. Johnson on the other hand sounds rather interesting!

• Advertisement

God balotelli would be a nightmare, johnson would be excellent, proper winger but no chance city would sell to us.

blue tinted meets Ron Gourlay!

Some interesting stuff from a pure fans pov

http://bluetinted.com/site/articles/articles.aspx?articleid=90

So to the questions and Answers....... obviously not to much given away, but the following points may be of interest:

Yes there will be arrivals, most likely 2 sooner than later as Villas-Boas will want to work the new arrivals into his system in plenty of time. (read into that what you will, but I expect a signing this week) There could be more arrivals, but balanced out with departures and who is available at the right price.
    There will be a few players going out on loan, now and again in January (young potentials to gain experience)
    Essien.... interesting subject, Gourley was asked if we were signing Parker as cover.... the response was made in a manner that I feel that the club think Essien could be an insurance claim and maybe his days are over, thus a long term solution is more favourable.
    The club is concerned with balancing the books because we need to qualify for the UEFA rules on income and expenditure for 2012-13 season. Could be some very interesting developments during the season, a few senior high wage earners who are at the end of the career could be replaced then if they are not performing (or if replacements have been found).
    There is still a major concern about our limited capacity, and maybe something could be announced later in the year.
    There is a big push to find a Global sponsor who will be involved with renaming rights of Stamford Bridge. We need to find sources of revenue as for 2012-13, the club insist it must be premium brand name and be free of scandal..... watch this space, but I'm hedging my bets on Coca Cola, the worlds number 1 brand, we already have our team on some coke products out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

TransferNewsCen Transfer News Centra
    Breaking News: Portuguese media says Porto star striker Falcao close to joining Chelsea. -S.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How are we supposed to fit another striker into the squad. Would be shocked if it happened.

It's bollox, sure he signed a new contract with a much higher release fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

The last thing Chelsea needs in the squad is a disruptive and unreliable presence like Balotelli. Not to mention the damage he would do to club. Go for class and style.

• Advertisement

Adam Johnson would be brilliant but City won't sell him and definitely not to us.

I'd rather watch what Balotelli gets up to at a different club. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I'd love for the Pastore news to be true but Palermo are whoring him around to anyone who will potentially take him and bigging up their interest in him.

Depends on the price, he could be a huge coup as well.
    The Telegraph are leading him on their transfer 'rumour' list: "Chelsea's bid to sign Javier Pastore from Palermo is almost complete".
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/2432939/Premier-League-Transfer-Talk-Club-by-club-Football-Transfers-Football-Rumours-.html

Mind you their source is 'Metro'! http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/870231-javier-pastores-chelsea-move-to-leave-luka-modric-stranded-at-spurs

eugeneious wrote: »
    TransferNewsCen Transfer News Centra

Absolute bollix, he only signed a new contract with a higher release clause 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Adam Johnson is pie in the sky stuff lads. If City wouldn't even consider leaving Bellamy go to Spurs last season, there's literally not a hope in hell that you'll have a shot at getting Johnson.

Blatter wrote: »
    Adam Johnson is pie in the sky stuff lads. If City wouldn't even consider leaving Bellamy go to Spurs last season, there's literally not a hope in hell that you'll have a shot at getting Johnson.

We know that but thats what McGarry reported, it wont happen but good to know the player was actually open to the move to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We know that but thats what McGarry reported, it wont happen but good to know the player was actually open to the move to us.

McGarry is probably talking shít.

Remember this is the journalist that got the sack from The Sun for completely fabricating a story.

He's been claiming he has inside information on Sniejder-Man Utd. Basically trolling the shít out of people.

He's the worst of the worst.

Cant rememebr where I seen, maybe Twitter, but the Falcao story was dependent on Wagner Love joining from CSKA, or so the Journo was reporting.

Dont think we need Falcao but ya can see why AVB would want to raid his ex club, every new manager goes abck to his old club first and goes with what they know.

God I love transfer windows and the rumours :pac:

Blatter wrote: »
    McGarry is probably talking shít.

Remember this is the journalist that got the sack from The Sun for completely fabricating a story.

What story was this ?

What story was this ?

First thing that was pulled from Goggle. Personally, I dont remember it though.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=127031

I think we DO need a new striker.
    Even Berba at Man U managed 20 goals. All 3 of their main strikers did.
    Big factor for them winning it especially when you think what a poor midfield they have
    Ours were lucky to get into double figures.
    You cant just blame the service.
    Berba was mainly a sub FFS.
    As it seems we are def keeping Torres and Drogba. Then we have to replace either Anelka or Kalou. (Danny will either go on loan, be sold/swapped or get his chance from the bench)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Drogba would probably have scored 20+ goals last season only for the malaria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

amiable wrote: »
    Drogba would probably have scored 20+ goals last season only for the malaria?
    Good question.

What's your depth like? i.e Cole and Terry get injured. Who has left so far from last year?

I think you need 5-6 players to be challenging for league and CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

RasTa wrote: »
    What's your depth like? i.e Cole and Terry get injured. Who has left so far from last year?

I think you need 5-6 players to be challenging for league and CL
    5 or 6? lol.

2 and they will probably be signed.

GK
    Cech/Turnbull/Hilario/Delac

RB
    Bosingwa/Ferreira/Ivanovic

LB
    Cole, Van Annholt, Bertrand, Luiz

CB
    Terry, Alex, Luiz, Ivanovic, Rajković, Kalas

Midfield
    Lampard, Benayoun, Mikel, Ramires, McEachran,Essien, Luiz

Wide Players
    Zhirkov, Malouda, Sturridge, Kalou, Kakuta, Anelka

Forwards
    Drogba, Torres, Sturridge, Anelka, Kalou

2 Midfielders. Very strong attack and defence.

I've never heard of

Bertrand
    Van Annholt
    Rajković
    Kalas

They kids?

I don't think McEachran,Essien, Kakuta will feature much this season. That's 7 players out and you've doubled up on postions.

Obviously not 5-6 Modric signings but you need more experience in depth to be challenging.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement